• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ~dere Thread; but mostly the tsun (& never the yan) (w/some anime) CHECK 1st POST

G U R U

Smash Lord
I didn't grow up on DBZ and I'm a bigger anime fan than most people.

I grew up on Pokemon, Digimon, Monster Rancher, Yugioh, and Cardcaptor Sakura. As well as other shows like Power Rangers and Beast Wars. Beast Wars is probably the best non-anime show ever.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
NKB... you like hurting Safari users, don't you?

Anyway, I love Dragon Ball. At least, I like the manga more than the anime.
I have fond memories of the anime but due to how stretched out it is, it's hard to rewatch it at times.

And yes, Dragon Ball did get me into manga and anime.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I grew up with Sailor Moon and Tenchi Muyo.

But i didnt start watching anime until i watched Clannad

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
LOL at the DBZ comment! :laugh:
Also...

I didn't grow up on DBZ and I'm a bigger anime fan than most people.

I grew up on Pokemon, Digimon, Monster Rancher, Yugioh, and Cardcaptor Sakura. As well as other shows like Power Rangers and Beast Wars. Beast Wars is probably the best non-anime show ever.
It's pretty much the same thing for me...even down to the beast wars tidbit... :chuckle:

VietGeek

Smash Hero
dbz? pfffttttttttttttttftftftftftft

its all about sailor moon and talking CATS and men in TUXEDOS

also gundam wing was pretty cool

i guess

maybe

yeah in retrospect all i remember is ppl getting wrecked in that anime so eh its was about as deep as Street Fighter II For Matchmaking Service

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
SCOTU compares DBZ to sex

The next time you want to have sex, instead of actually having sex, just stand there and stare at each other for 2 hours, and then do a bit of foreplay, and then go back to staring at each other, and then say how much you love filler.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Dragon ball Z is super important.

It's what 90% of people who were never into anime at all grew up on, and what the 10% or so of us who got more into it started on :D
I grew up on Galaxy Angels, Sailor Moon, Saiyuki, Captain Tsubasa, Chobits, Love Hina, Pokemon, and Digimon (and some Gundam Wing and Conan).

Oh, and Kamen Rider.

I never knew nor cared for DBZ until mid 2005, loli.

Basically, I'm trying to say that that statement is false and that I grew up on rabu-rabu animu. (with action)

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i watched pokemon, digimon, sailor moon, love hina, gundam, trigun, bebop when i was younger

whatever my cousin had is what i saw

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
i watched pokemon, digimon, sailor moon, love hina, gundam, trigun, bebop when i was younger

whatever my cousin had is what i saw
This is about the same for me, just throw in some Ronin Warriors and Evangelion.

*remembers The Midnight Run*
I felt like such a bad *** for staying up late to watch The Midnight Run.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
The reason why Dragon Ball was my first anime was because I never moved back to the US until I was in the second half of first grade. I didn't know Japanese, French, Italian, and etc. so it was pretty easy for me to follow the story obviously. Other anime I watched were Speed Racer, Captain Tsubasa, and some random other stuff that I couldn't understand.

I never watched Sailor Moon and there weren't that many other anime before Pokemon in the US that I can really remember.
I did watch stuff like Samurai Pizza Cats though. :laugh:

I watched Dragon Ball in random order though. I went from Vegeta to Buu to the first Tenkaichi, and so forth.
Classic DB still beats Z in my book. Regardless of how stretched out they were still.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Samurai Pizza Cats was a Tatsunoko production that got localized into a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles-like show.

I remember watching Ronin Warriors when it was on a public station.
I thought that it was pretty cool at the time.

Toonami was great also. First shows I watched on that were Dragon Ball and Gundam Wing.
I remember playing Gundam Wing Endless Duel on my computer without knowing anything about Gundam. A month later I see it on Toonami. Even though I liked Wing, looking back on it, it wasn't that great. It had it's moments, but still. G Gundam was awesome though. It was totally underrated. 08th MS teams was amazing. So was the original Gundam. I was mad that it got cancelled due to a certain event happening. :(
Rurouni Kenshin was amazing too.

I think a lot of people watched Toonami. That was practically one of the few ways to watch anime at the time (without buying VHS tapes lol)

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
I think a lot of people watched Toonami. That was practically one of the few ways to watch anime at the time (without buying VHS tapes lol)
this is the best way to put what the few of us saying that were trying to say, lol

I know, for me at least, that putting my feet in the water and finding out what anime was like for the first time was great...kinda wish that could happen again, I just need the time and motivation to start a few series i've been planning to watch.

G U R U

Smash Lord
I never had Toonami because we didn't have Satellite or Cable until I was 14 or something :(

Luckily though the local video rental shop had a decent anime section. Watched all of Trigun, Bebop and Slayers from there.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I never had Toonami because we didn't have Satellite or Cable until I was 14 or something :(

Luckily though the local video rental shop had a decent anime section. Watched all of Trigun, Bebop and Slayers from there.
I was in the same situation since I didn't get cable until middle school. I only had access when I went to California during the long breaks in school. Other than that, I would ask my friend to record the things I wanted on Toonami for me.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
You guys are crazy haha.

I grew up watching Toonami <33333

Gundam Wing was awesome even ***** by US VAs :bee:

Its end was definitely T_________T
"HEEEEEROOOOOOOOOOOOOO, HEEEEEEREEEEEE IIIIIII AMMMMMMMMMM! AREN'T YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU GOINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLL MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

I laughed my *** off every time.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
You guys are crazy haha.

I grew up watching Toonami <33333

Gundam Wing was awesome even ***** by US VAs :bee:

Its end was definitely T_________T
[color="#66666ff"]I like the English VAs for the most part in Gundam Wing. I do like Hikaru Midorikawa as Heero though, so I like to flip flop at times.[/color]
"HEEEEEROOOOOOOOOOOOOO, HEEEEEEREEEEEE IIIIIII AMMMMMMMMMM! AREN'T YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU GOINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLL MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

I laughed my *** off every time.
And this is what I mean by for the most part. Her voice outside of those scenes were pretty good though, I thought.
I should rewatch Wing again.

And for those who never got the chance to watch Toonami or Adult Swim, you guys missed out on some good anime (unless you watched the anime elsewhere afterwards).

Also, some K-ON!! news. They revealed some info for the OP and ED.

OP: GO! GO! MANIAC, with Hirasawa Yui (Toyosaki Aki) on lead
ED: Listen!!, with Akiyama Mio (Hikasa Youko) on Lead

I liked the OP and ED animations in K-ON! so I hope the new ones don't disappoint.
That goes for the songs as well.

EDIT: The title for the OP and ED have 2 exclamation marks each. In b4, OMG the people at Kyo-Ani are geniuses!!

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
[color="#66666ff"]I like the English VAs for the most part in Gundam Wing. I do like Hikaru Midorikawa as Heero though, so I like to flip flop at times.[/color]

Also, some K-ON!! news. They revealed some info for the OP and ED.

OP: GO! GO! MANIAC, with Hirasawa Yui (Toyosaki Aki) on lead
ED: Listen!!, with Akiyama Mio (Hikasa Youko) on Lead
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay~

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
EDIT: The title for the OP and ED have 2 exclamation marks each. In b4, OMG the people at Kyo-Ani are geniuses!!
It's too bad that "don't say 'lazy'" didn't have an exclamation mark; "Cageyake!GIRLS" did, so it would have been cool if it was like that from the beginning.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i find one at scarywater

i need to make hd space now

but yeah that broken japanese was great

Top Bottom