• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Definitive Lloyd Irving Thread - fall down seven times, stand up eight (Mii costume confirmed)

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Well the bad news is that it wasn't Lloyd and were down to the last fighter

The good news is Lloyd Mii still not back so he still has a shot.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
As someone who's most wanted was also a Namco character (Prince of All Cosmos) I send my condolences to you, too. I know how it feels. Still, even if Lloyd isn't in, you'll at least get your Mii Costume back, and that counts for something! We'll see what happens on the 28th.

TindalosKeeper

Smash Apprentice
Lloyd will get in Smash Eventually. I'm still not giving up on Lloyd!!
Wake up and face the music, my friend.
Kazuya being a Bandai Namco literally kills off Lloyd.
My condolences, but you got to land to reality.
Many people with different wants will have to face it as well.
You are not alone, though.

Last edited:

Misuta

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-4574-4296-7309
I'm sad it wasn't Lloyd but a second Namco character in Ultimate was long overdue.

Kamen Minecraft

Smash Apprentice
Wake up and face the music, my friend.
Kazuya being a Bandai Namco literally kills off Lloyd.
My condolences, but you got to land to reality.
Many people with different wants will have to face it as well.
You are not alone, though.
But I am facing Reality. I can accept that Lloyd won't get in Ultimate. It doesn't change how I think. Lloyd will be in Smash.
In the next Game or the Game after that or the Game after that. I refuse to give up on Lloyd.

frozolloyd

Smash Apprentice
Well, at the end of the day it wasn’t us (Or at least most likely). However, the one solace to this sad end of lloyds smash ultimate run is that next smash, we will no longer have to be competing with Tekken for a spot. Which is a good thing, considering it was the common thought that it would be either tales or tekken added next. The big thing is to keep our chin up. Hopefully next game will be our turn, as long we continue letting Nintendo and sakurai know that we would like Lloyd (in a respectable fashion). We had a good run, and for me, i can gain some happiness from knowing that, as well as happiness from knowing Bandai Namco finally got there long awaited second character.

Last edited:

Shado-will

Smash Journeyman
So, Kazuya spells doom for Lloyd and any Tales rep. It's saddening but it was an honor, my friends. And congratulations go out to the Tekken fans, I'm happy for you guys.

Ypsen

Smash Apprentice
But I am facing Reality. I can accept that Lloyd won't get in Ultimate. It doesn't change how I think. Lloyd will be in Smash.
In the next Game or the Game after that or the Game after that. I refuse to give up on Lloyd.
This is our only consolation : Tales of is too big for being continualy avoided. One day or another, we'll get a Tales of rep in Smash. Probably Lloyd or a promotionnal pick.

But for Ultimate...

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I think the Lloyd costume has a high chance of coming back with Kazuya, but if Kazuya himself showed us, there's still a chance for another Tales protagonist like Yuri to join even after a hypothetical Lloyd Mii gets revealed. Bandai Namco are the codevelopers of the game after all, so two characters in this pass after they missed out on the first pass and all of Ultimate's base game wouldn't seem that far fetched.

Last edited:

Heoj

Smash Ace
Man, i feel bad for lloyd fans, lloyd was always someone id like to see join, but his costume is guaranteed to show up. Personally, kazuya doesnt do much for me

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Well S*** 😖 Oh well at least Kazuya looks awesome, and I like Tekken pretty good so it wasn't that hard of a blow. But yeah, I guess we should expect Lloyd's costume to back during the Kazuya Presentation on the 28th...

Kamen Minecraft

Smash Apprentice
I honestly didn't think we would see a Tekken Rep. Heihachi was a Mii Costume so I thought that was it for Tekken. If there was another Bandai Namco franchise that could challenge Tales in a Smash Slot it would be Dark Souls. Honestly the only hope for Lloyd or Tales in Ultimate now is if that 12th DLC character thing is legit.

But yeah I think unless a Miracle happens Lloyd's Ultimate Journey is done. Well At least we won't have to worry about Tekken next time. Believe me Lloyd will get in Smash. It's not a question of If but When.

Pokechao

Smash Apprentice
aight I'll admit Lloyd is kill

but
Kazuya's inclusion gives me hope for a different Tales character because it shows even if a series got an earlier mii costume(Heihachi), a different character from that series can still be in
therefore, I'm jumping on the Yuri Lowell train
and if capcom, konami, and sega can get 3 characters so can namco imo.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

but
Kazuya's inclusion gives me hope for a different Tales character because it shows even if a series got an earlier mii costume(Heihachi), a different character from that series can still be in
and if capcom, konami, and sega can get 3 characters so can namco imo.
It is interesting to note that every major veteran 3rd Party company except Namco has exactly 3 characters.

VashTehStampede

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
8506-1485-4895
Unless Bamco gets two spots back to back, it's probably a done deal for our Boy. After years and years all the way back to the brawl days, it's a tough hit today for me personally and Im sure many of you. Tekken is great and there was so many things pointed towards Tales of over all other bandai franchises but it honestly was hard to be bummed when the direct itself was so good. Yet now that things are dying down, the idea that not only lloyd, but the entire Tales of history will probably not be represented is such a blow to the fandom I think. Just very upset with how things went down, really thought this was the moment. 28th will give us the final nail in the coffin but I'll keep a little bit of hope til then.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
What infuriates me so much about this reveal is how we got the Heihachi costume MONTHS before Kazuya got revealed, that is just dumb.

That would be like if Lloyd's costume came back, and a few packs later we get Yuri Lowell, what sense does that make. Pretty disappointing Smash reveal, but Metroid Dread looks real cool tho.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace

but
Kazuya's inclusion gives me hope for a different Tales character because it shows even if a series got an earlier Mii costume(Heihachi), a different character from that series can still be in
and if Capcom, Konami, and sega can get 3 characters so can Namco imo.
Kazuya was also the original protagonist and has more unique moves. Heihachi was also in PlayStation All-Stars, so they might have wanted to not put him in because of that. That's a theory of mine. As well, Heihachi's voice actor also passed away, but they've replaced his voice actors before, so that's not likely a factor.

Last edited:

Kamen Minecraft

Smash Apprentice
Now watch as Lloyd's costume somehow doesn't show up on the 28th and we have to wait months to learn of his fate.
If Lloyd's Mii Costume somehow, someway doesn't show up on the 28th. That will be very sus. But I think Lloyd's Mii Costume will show up however.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Passing by after some time to offer my sympathies. As a fellow Mii Costume'd character, I understand your position. Waiting for characters that you think are going to happen but then it doesn't seem to be that way, stings. If you want me to be honest, I feel bad but I guess that is just how it is.

Hopefully characters like Geno and/or Lloyd get another opportunity along the way. Be it with new game(s), spinoffs, or a playable role as an actual character in Smash.

Stay strong, folks, and take it easy.

:bowser: :starman:.

Shado-will

Smash Journeyman
First Geno, then Lloyd. It just hurts, to be honest. The thing that I'm most astonished about is that when Lloyd's mii costume (most likely) comes back, it will be the only representation that the Tales of series has in Smash. I just think it's insane that such a big series only gets a mii costume. And I know that a lot of other popular series have no representation whatsoever, but only one mii costume to represent Tales of? That's what gives me the little hope that I have left, if nothing else.

Last edited:

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
First Geno, then Lloyd. It just hurts, to be honest. The thing that I'm most astonished about is that when Lloyd's mii costume (most likely) comes back, it will be the only representation that the Tales of series has in Smash. I just think it's insane that such a big series only gets a mii costume. And I know that a lot of other popular series have no representation whatsoever, but only one mii costume to represent Tales of? That's what gives me the little hope that I have left, if nothing else.
It's pretty damn sad to see Every Single DLC Costume come back as that, a DLC costume. No Lloyd, no Geno, not Monster Hunter, no one. It would be like if no ATs were promoted from 4 to Ultimate, which would mean no Isabelle and Dark Samus.

and don't hold your breath. All Tales had in Smash 4 was that costume, and they will do it again.

Giga Man

Smash Journeyman
It was a good run, everyone. No sense is dawdling on what could have been. Let's look forward to the future in hopes that Lloyd gets another chance. Let's continue to show everyone that our #1 dual-wielding swordsman is the right choice for Smash! He may have missed his chance this time, but there is always a next time.

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
As someone who had Lloyd as one of their MWs, I must say Kazuya was a god tier pick nonetheless, so at least his death wasn't in vain. I'm not upset at all.

Maybe next game since Bamco will most likely follow suit with development, so I think it would be relatively easier to get one of their characters.

DynoStretch

Smash Cadet
Went ahead and made my Lloyd Mii in preparation for the costume.

Not really too excited for Kazuya himself personally, but I'm hoping the Miis cotumes are a bunch of fun Namco-themed ones.

Top Bottom