• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Definitive Lloyd Irving Thread - fall down seven times, stand up eight (Mii costume confirmed)

RobinRedHood

Smash Rookie
Trolling
I still think that, Lloyd would have been a far BETTER, addition than KazWHOya!! We need to start, some sort of campaign, in order to FORCE Sakurai, to add LLOYD!! I also saw posts of ugly Lloyd, which really PISSED me off!!

IWantMyBurd

Smash Apprentice
I still think that, Lloyd would have been a far BETTER, addition than KazWHOya!! We need to start, some sort of campaign, in order to FORCE Sakurai, to add LLOYD!! I also saw posts of ugly Lloyd, which really PISSED me off!!
Cool your jets. No one forces Sakurai to do anything. You'll just make people resent Lloyd, like what happened with Waluigi. If you're not a troll yourself, then you're about to go feeding trolls.

Last edited:

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
Cool your jets. No one forces Sakurai to do anything. You'll just make people resent him, like what happened with Waluigi. If you're not a troll yourself, then you're about to go feeding trolls.
pretty sure he's a troll from SmashFAQs, RobinBrown if I'm not mistaken
As someone who wants Lloyd, seeing this kind of behavior is utterly embarassing though

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
How much have people on Gamefaqs been trashing on the Tales series since Kazuya got revealed?
many, I just lurk since I no longer have an account there
But from what I've seen there's a lot of Lloyd hate to the point it almost became a meme, mainly due to this user's obssession with him and the fact people didn't like the idea of another JRPG swordie, let alone from an old game they didn't play. Whenever Tales of was brought up, Yuri was by far the most clamoured choice.

Sephirothorsomethingidk

Smash Apprentice
But from what I've seen there's a lot of Lloyd hate to the point it almost became a meme, mainly due to this user's obssession with him and the fact people didn't like the idea of another JRPG swordie, let alone from an old game they didn't play. Whenever Tales of was brought up, Yuri was by far the most clamoured choice.
Thats what I expected lol. I bet most people there don't even like Tekken either they just use him to **** on Tales.

Y'know, I was reading a thread on Gamefaqs once about Lloyd and some user who was clearly engaging in mild amounts of tomfoolery said "People want a generic anime swordsmen from a generic rpg series? Of course he gets hate!" or something like that and it still hurts my soul thinking about it lmao

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
Thats what I expected lol. I bet most people there don't even like Tekken either they just use him to **** on Tales.
in a sense they do
you see all the sales & history arguments, even though the moment Kazuya got in the site was a saltmine
Y'know, I was reading a thread on Gamefaqs once about Lloyd and some user who was clearly engaging in mild amounts of tomfoolery said "People want a generic anime swordsmen from a generic rpg series? Of course he gets hate!" or something like that and it still hurts my soul thinking about it lmao
Yeah, it's way more of a toxic environment than here
Everything there essentially boils down to "my opinion > yours"

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Yeah, some Tales fans don't like or care much for Lloyd and prefer Yuri, Velvet, or someone else which is fine, but many like Lloyd too. Pretty much any Tales series fan would've been fine with whatever protagonist getting in Smash though, but alas. Another reminder that the loudest group of fans aren't always the prevalent ones.

Kazuya on his own is a fine choice, but in hindsight Tekken getting in Smash feels obvious with Harada and his connections with Sakurai and such. It's one of the bigger Namco IPs too though, even if I like Tales and Soul Calibur more. Tekken you didn't see being talked about that much here after Heihachi was deconfirmed, but still glad we got Kazuya instead of him.

Still bummed about Lloyd, but I'll live. Guess the thread title here should be changed... He didn't survive the slaughter.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Maybe someone else at Nintendo, but it's impossible to say for sure who. At least with Tekken out of the way and being well represented in Smash now, perhaps another Namco series like Tales or Soul Calibur could have a shot somewhere next in the future. Given how long it took until now just for there to be a 2nd Namco character after Pac-Man though, I'm not holding my breath for that.

Sephirothorsomethingidk

Smash Apprentice
Maybe someone else at Nintendo, but it's impossible to say for sure who. At least with Tekken out of the way and being well represented in Smash now, perhaps another Namco series like Tales or Soul Calibur could have a shot somewhere next in the future. Given how long it took until now just for there to be a 2nd Namco character after Pac-Man though, I'm not holding my breath for that.
Don't be pessimistic lol, we thought there wouldn't be another Square character after Hero (Even if geno mii didn't return with him) so you really never know

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm curious what the room consensus is on Lloyd at this point.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
In what way?
Well- with one character left, no Mii costume, and having just gotten Bandai-Namco, I'm wondering how many other people still think Lloyd has a shot this pass.
I do, personally, think we very likely will have another pass- and while I would prefer Agumon and Nightmare (then Lloyd), I am wondering where others' thoughts reside.

IWantMyBurd

Smash Apprentice
Well- with one character left, no Mii costume, and having just gotten Bandai-Namco, I'm wondering how many other people still think Lloyd has a shot this pass.
I do, personally, think we very likely will have another pass- and while I would prefer Agumon and Nightmare (then Lloyd), I am wondering where others' thoughts reside.
I doubt there's a consensus. Personally, I still think it's a non zero chance at all times just because it's Sakurai. But it's not looking good right now, and if we see that costume come back on Monday, it might as well be curtains for Lloyd in Ultimate.

Sephirothorsomethingidk

Smash Apprentice
I just got Tales of Xillia 2 on the PS3 store. I loved the first Xillia game and I now finally get to up the Tales series sales numbers, even if by a small margin (All my Tales games are pre-owned physical copies, so I wasn't supporting Namco or Tales by getting them lol)

Kamen Minecraft

Smash Apprentice
So let's say that somehow Lloyd's Mii Costume doesn't show up in Kazuya's presentation. What do you guys think that means if that happens.

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman
So let's say that somehow Lloyd's Mii Costume doesn't show up in Kazuya's presentation. What do you guys think that means if that happens.
Honestly, I think that means the next fighter would probably be someone from a jrpg, or at least have a sword. They tend to like to put mii's in spots where they fit thematically with the character they come with, only exceptions being Square Enix

MattX20

Smash Hero
In two days, we'll know for sure if his costume is back or not. All we can do is wait and see

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
I know this is a bit late but I would like to say that I really respect you guys and your dedication to Lloyd. Although I’m not a Tales fan I’m really impressed you guys are still pushing for him since Brawl and I hope he makes it in the future. Stay strong!

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
pretty sure he's a troll from SmashFAQs, RobinBrown if I'm not mistaken
As someone who wants Lloyd, seeing this kind of behavior is utterly embarassing though
As someone who wanted Geno, this is an all too common practice for those kind of borderline subhumans. Sorry it has affected your thread as well.

I'm definitely hoping your guy doesn't end up a costume again but it's starting to get tough to argue against a pattern. Hopefully we are proven wrong and you live to fight another day!

frozolloyd

Smash Apprentice
Whelp that mii costume wave was brutal. Not only did we get deconfirmed immediately, but then three moderately to highly speculated characters got deconfirmed with him. Well, hopefully next game will go better for us!

Last edited:

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
That was a complete massacre, there goes my hope for getting Dante or any of my MWs in this game. Since I already knew Lloyd wasn't getting.
At this point only Shadow may miraculously make it but I'm not really confident with him being an AT and all that noise.
Anyway, I'm just grateful I got Sephiroth but damn it hurts.

Last edited:
Top Bottom