• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Dededee Broadcasting Corporation- New DDD needs critqueing.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Man **** wifi. This is real tourney problems.
I have a hard time against wario's who ban fd.
I am banning YI from now on though.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Ohhh offline. I played one of the guys at my tourney that plays Wario.

Basically, CP SV if they ban FD. Ban Japes or Brinstar. Camp with Waddles and CG when they approach. Bair if they try to aerial approach. Basically, take the lead, bait and punish.

Jupz

Smash Master
Take him to Delfino or FD.

He's rediculously good at camping PS1 so taking him there is a risk if he gets the lead.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Warios always ban FD though, so you'll usually have to take them to either Delfino or Castle Siege.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
i'd probably go mk or ic's if a wario took me to brinstar <_<
Everything I said is assuming that we will stay as King Dedede since this is the King Dedede boards...
And besides, the pointers are for stage metagame for the king anyways. [You'll get owned harder on Brinstar if you go Ice Climbers] Whatever...you all can do what you want, even if it means not playing as him. I'll stick to my own facts.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Yeah ICs are way worse on Brinstar than Dedede is. It's where people usually take lain instead of Rainbow Cruise if he has to waste his ban on Norfair.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Case and Point I refuse to ban brinstar as i am more comfortable fighting a wario there than i am on YI. Idk what i was smoking when i thought going ic's on brinstar was a good idea lol.
=.=

Jupz

Smash Master
Lol lain.

Also neither wario or Dedede do well or bad at YI imo. Its a fairly neutral stage for the matchup in my opinion.

lain

Smash Master
No, it was just a match during the "iron man tournament" we ran at like 2 am lol.

Just a silly blurb.

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
Doubles Grand Finals Hellasmashed III August 29th, 2009 Halifax, Nova Scotia

Game 1
MAL(King Dedede) & Kid A(Game and Watch) vs Billybegood(Snake) & Lamb(Metaknight)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zdMAWhCdN8

Game 2/3
MAL(King Dedede) & Kid A(Donkey Kong) vs Billybegood(Snake) & Lamb(Metaknight)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRRyduIcVo0

Game 4/5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5GpQtEuKz0

Game 6/7
MAL(King Dedede) & Kid A(DK/GaW) vs Billybegood(Metaknight) & Lamb(Pikachu/Olimar)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdZDIFAaB1Q

Game 8/9
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGsN37YkEFo

i know its tough to critique doubles matches, but all comments are welcome. thanks.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
The first match of that set should be erased from history though. :)

Jupz

Smash Master
I'm going to criqtique what I see as I go along.

First match, never use Ftilt when you're that close to an opponent, and practice scging marth. Nice first kill lol. Also why go for a Fsmash when hes on 172%? Lots of moves will kill him at that percentage, including Bair. lol at your last death :p

I could see you were making a lot of mistakes, and I can see you're better then those videos lol. Your dedede looks very nice so far :)

Beef will give you a better critique because he's better at it then me.

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
I'm going to criqtique what I see as I go along.

First match, never use Ftilt when you're that close to an opponent, and practice scging marth. Nice first kill lol. Also why go for a Fsmash when hes on 172%? Lots of moves will kill him at that percentage, including Bair. lol at your last death :p

I could see you were making a lot of mistakes, and I can see you're better then those videos lol. Your dedede looks very nice so far :)

Beef will give you a better critique because he's better at it then me.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. You're right though about the kill at 172%, I should of thought that through. that was my first time in tournament playing marth when I wasn't metaknight... lol

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
I have some recent vids, will post soon...

SSBB DOB09 Brawl Singles - A to the Z (King Dedede) vs Sushi (Marth) 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cYDpWU7fYk

SSBB DOB09 Brawl Singles - A to the Z (King Dedede) vs Sushi (Marth) 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afVk6gkg-U8

horribad
Jupz said some things I would've said so good job, but now I'll add more in-depth things. You were playing well Atothez...and I think the Marth needed some help in this matchup himself but forget him lol. Also, I don't know about all of you but neutral air has another use that I've used a lot.
At 0:25, you can do a fastfall, then time a neutral air to where you'll hit Marth at the beginning frames of the move where you do 12%. You don't get hardly any landing lag. It's great here only when you're above somebody, and when you see them get lag from a grounded attack when you know you'll get the neutral air on them. It's a better idea than airdodging...and obviously better than down airing there. It has the diagonal knockback that you are looking for in this situation. And it saves you from putting another back air in the attack queue.
And good job in DI'ing Marth's poking part of his sideB. In other situations you wouldn't be able to DI it to the right, but any other times...we can DI upwards and then jump out of the poking every time. Add down tilt and down smash into your game, for surprises. Down smash may be hard to kill with against Marth, but try walking and watching for a second, then try it.
Other than that you played smart in some cases, so there's nothing else can really be said.

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
Basically what I also noted in my videos is that I should of went for the kill earlier on marths second stock. notibly around 2:48. thanks for the criticism though.

Top Bottom