• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The DeDeDe Boards Are Slowly Dying

Raimundo

Smash Apprentice
I've noticed recently that all posts have come to a near halt and that nothing has changed in the D3 boards except a few posts every now and then. The metagame thread is almost dead, the Q&A thread was dead regardless, and we are losing some good D3 mains. If we don't shape this place up, we are going to lose D3 in the forest foreva!

Me? I'm currently working on a footstool thread that could surely increase productivity with him. At least a bit >.<. So bare with us for a bit longer and we should have the D3 boards looking as nice as the Snake boards

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
There shouldn't be any worry because before you starting posting here, there wasn't much of anything else to discuss and we were just pretty much spamming posts in the threads...Maybe a couple pointers and videos here and there but that's it. We've only truely "lost" Tero from these boards but most of the people here are just looking now and not posting, so there's no biggie.
I hate to say this, but our metagame is so called "halted or slowed" because there's not much else left to advertise or anything. It's so unbelieveable that I only found momentum cancelling your opponent with Inhale on Norfair's lava and that's it (it can apply to other vertical knockbacks like Snake's C4). So this was meant to happen Raimundo, you just weren't there when almost everything was found out for King Dedede. We still have our representation, for shizzle.
Not much to discuss here so you could've just said that speech in the general/social thread...but thankfully there's no active moderators here right now.

Raimundo

Smash Apprentice
Every Beef in this thread needs to calm down right now.
But seriously guys, I think we are doing just fine.
We are, but only to a certain extent. Currently, we have the least amount of AT's of any S tier Character (but soon we'll be A tier, so need to worry about that.)

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
That's not because of the boards surely. I mean, Lucas and Link has more ATs than us, but that isn't because of the boards, its because of the physics of the charecter. We never know what will happen, Samus has been given a huge boost to her metagame in Melee just a little while ago when someone figured out how to do the Super Wave Dash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYiYMzUODJk

I played him last night. He was intense.
By the way, in a game with 60 frames per second, he has 2 frames to preform this event.

Vayseth

Smash Master
There isn't any traffic on these boards because there's really nothing to talk about. The only way we could get better as a board is if we delved deeper into each match up and learned what we could do to turn our terrible match ups into winnable ones.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Every Beef in this thread needs to calm down right now.
I love you too crashic, no homo. There's only one Beef in this room. ;)
The only way we could get better as a board is if we delved deeper into each match up and learned what we could do to turn our terrible match ups into winnable ones.
You have any idea how difficult that is? Gosh :). Even that is unrealistic, especially Ice Climbers...

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
You have any idea how difficult that is? Gosh :). Even that is unrealistic, especially Ice Climbers...
No it isn't. Dair to neutral air to bair which ever one nair didn't hit is a great way to separate them, using very quick bthrows and fthrows to keep them separated, then gimp nana.
If Co18 can beat ICs, then we all can.
Co18 also is an Olimar killer.
We have plenty of room to grow, just people are unwilling to do the work. Look at what Vayseth did, what other work is being done around here by players? Very little, people are continent with getting their n00b friends pissed off by the chain grab. Stop researching stupid things like fall through glitches, and look at what we can really utilize to take advantage of our match ups. Find new ways to Air camp platform camp, and just plan camp against the ICs, find new ways to seperate them. Look at how Co18 approaches Olimar.

To cheer you guys up, look at what Co18, Atomsk, Lain, and Buu has given us
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=165954
where you guys at?

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
It's hard to pull off those tactics versus Ice Climbers consistently if you're playing against a smart one...
Can you give me a couple links on CO18's slaying of Olimar please?

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Okay I just realized that there are plenty of those in the video thread nevermind. But this video has Olimar who's not sideB'ing at all, or camping with it. That's half of what makes the matchup horrible for us.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
That's because Co didn't allow Hrnutt too.
Hrnut is a top player in Florida, and that was finals for the top monthly tournament in Florida.

RATED

Smash Lord
wow CO18 is awesome against Olimars I learned from that vid. since they are my main problems on Tourneys I hate playing olimars none of my mains have advantage or even matchup and also they are annoying XD ( no offense to Oli mainers he's not easy to use at it seems, not getting gimped is hard as hell I use snake so I know what is LOL)

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
Lol, crashic WTF are you talking about, my olimar didn't camp when i use to play him ask CO, i never liked camping with him so i didn't play like that....not that he wouldn't let me, olimar is much faster than D3 so yeah, i definitely chose not to camp....Just saying...

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Hahaha. Well I didn't know anyone would try to play Olimar like that, and the way Co kept putting the pressure on, I assumed it was because he didn't give you the option to camp.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
Hahaha. Well I didn't know anyone would try to play Olimar like that, and the way Co kept putting the pressure on, I assumed it was because he didn't give you the option to camp.
yeah, i don't like camping like that with oli but i know now that thats how he wins vs D3 camping does lots of damage, which makes it easy to kill lol

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
My nickname at school is Beef, does that count?
Yes it does actually, since Beef in my name is meant to be interpretted as a first name, so sure, I'm wrong. :)
Lol, crashic WTF are you talking about, my olimar didn't camp when i use to play him ask CO, i never liked camping with him so i didn't play like that....not that he wouldn't let me, olimar is much faster than D3 so yeah, i definitely chose not to camp....Just saying...
On that note...we need CO18 to play an Olimar that refers to that matchup ratio itself 60:40, not these 55:45 King Dedede's favor-videos.

CO18

Smash Hero
Camping doesnt work that well for the most part. I find it pretty easy to get around olimars camping just by staying in the air and spamming bair, youll go over most of the pikmen then any that get caught will die and you just have a pretty good opening to get olimar off stage either by bair/b-reveral inhale/grabbing etc. Ive played Hrnut, KBM who camps alot, then bunch of olis on wifi like dabuz and stuff.

The matchup really isnt that bad. Seibrik 2-0ed Blackwaltz who is considered the best olimar with his D3 that was pretty rusty at apex.

Olimar doesnt give that much trouble at all.

Plus you can just spam Ftilt when you're at high%'s because it knocks off pikmen and outranges Olimars Grab/Fsmash. Then alot of times they get frustrated and either rush in or roll which is easy to predict and get a grab to throw them off stage.

And Yes Hrnut has tried to camp but you can only camp so much vs d3 thats actually safe. This is probably about the most you can camp without risking getting grabbed with few pikmen and gettting gimped.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=566opNIPJME&feature=related

Spamming pikmen like no tomorrow doesn't actually work. KBM has tried that vs me and besides one match where I sded he got 2 stocked twice. Cuz I can just stay in the air over most of it then knock off anything on me with bair then hes vulnerable for awhile.

Raimundo

Smash Apprentice
Camping doesnt work that well for the most part. I find it pretty easy to get around olimars camping just by staying in the air and spamming bair, youll go over most of the pikmen then any that get caught will die and you just have a pretty good opening to get olimar off stage either by bair/b-reveral inhale/grabbing etc. Ive played Hrnut, KBM who camps alot, then bunch of olis on wifi like dabuz and stuff.

The matchup really isnt that bad. Seibrik 2-0ed Blackwaltz who is considered the best olimar with his D3 that was pretty rusty at apex.

Plus you can just spam Ftilt when you're at high%'s because it knocks off pikmen and outranges Olimars Grab/Fsmash. Then alot of times they get frustrated and either rush in or roll which is easy to predict and get a grab to throw them off stage.

And Yes Hrnut has tried to camp but you can only camp so much vs d3 thats actually safe. This is probably about the most you can camp without risking getting grabbed with few pikmen and gettting gimped.

Spamming pikmen like no tomorrow doesn't actually work. KBM has tried that vs me and besides one match where I sded he got 2 stocked twice. Cuz I can just stay in the air over most of it then knock off anything on me with bair then hes vulnerable for awhile.
Rawful, but did he spam C-stick =O

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master

thats actually a pretty bad stage for olimar IMO so on a normal stage like BF or FD, olimar can camp the hell outta D3, if he's smart he'll win because camping is just a way to open up other opportunities, i can't wait to use my olimar in tourney again, spamming pikmen isn't bad at all because, even though the damage may be miniscule, he is still racking it up, olimar can actually deal with D3 Ftilt spam if he predicts it...but i have no more to say about D3 vs oli besides oli wins even if it turns gay for him off the stage

Top Bottom