• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~~~The December 3rd Update~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
What is with the "Last Third Party?" Sakurai never said there were going to be 3, it was a round about estimate over a year ago. I figure after developers found out about Snake and Snoic, requests went deep. I figure Pac-Man, Megaman and Geno are all going to be in.
EWW, Pac-Man. Why do people keep suggesting him? He was cool back in the day, but his latest "Adventure" games are just... bad. And just becuase he was with Mario in MK doesn't mean he should be in either.

Alex Tcp

Smash Journeyman
Well nodiced that being Dec 3 , it wouln't matter because, the old Japanese Date didn't have a good update, but when I went to check what it was before under nodices, there were only 2 things listed on the the Japnese version, were ours has a third, the new launch information, dose anyone know why this is?

What is with the "Last Third Party?" Sakurai never said there were going to be 3, it was a round about estimate over a year ago. I figure after developers found out about Snake and Snoic, requests went deep. I figure Pac-Man, Megaman and Geno are all going to be in.
I would completly agree with you, it was an interview over a year ago, were he said "maby 1 or 2 more", he could have been laughing well he said it for all know

Well nodiced that being Dec 3 , it wouln't matter because, the old Japanese Date didn't have a good update, but when I went to check what it was before under nodices, there were only 2 things listed on the the Japnese version, were ours has a third, the new launch information, dose anyone know why this is?
Because why would Japan.... care about our release date? That is all.
By the way... Dec 3rd will probably be a normal update, but Dec as a whole I think while have 2 or 3 new characters in it.
Just a thought.

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
EWW, Pac-Man. Why do people keep suggesting him? He was cool back in the day, but his latest "Adventure" games are just... bad. And just becuase he was with Mario in MK doesn't mean he should be in either.
I don't like Pac-Man's recent games, but, all feelings put aside, Pac-Man has great potential for a moveset, close relations, and undoubtely the most unique Final Smash ever if he were placed in the game.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Please take note Geno is not 3rd party, as Nintendo AND Square worked on the game. 2 1/2 party.
Yea, keep telling yourself that. . .W/e lets you sleep at night homs:ohwell:

I don't think Dec will be some big "OMG! Megamans inz the brawl!!!" update. At best it will be a character (a vet like Ganon or a newcomer like Krystal/ Midna would be great) or/and even a explaination as to why I wont have the friggen game monday! And at worst it will be a "how to play" (or even something like "widescreen").

Cless

Smash Champion
Whatever, if Geno's in, Mallow has to be an AT.

Anyway, I don't think it's going to be a big update, but I've been wrong before.

Alex Tcp

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know?

Sir James

The Doctor
At first I figured that there wouldn't be a special update on December 3rd, but I have noticed that lately the Dojo updates haven't been too exciting. I'm hoping for a new character or at least just a Captain Falcon update. If it's going to be a new character, it's going to be either Geno, Megaman, Krystal, or Captian Olimar.

I just hope we get some juicy info soon.

Wing-Zero

Smash Apprentice
this thread is only going to get people upsetif it is not true , this is what people want to hear but you never know .
three characters per a month is not true and it bothers me that you say so when they are not going to release all of the characters on the dojo before the release and this pattern only started in october because they want to set a limit on the characters released so they can actually give us new character updates from time to time so if they dont give us a character or ***snakes final smash would be my preference**** then i would not care because that gives us more mysteries to find out once we get our hands on this game in february.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
You guys remember that Soccer ball item that showed up some updates ago, and Sakurai didn't go into detail about?

That's right.
zomg! Miis, Megaman, AC Humans, or that one guy from that one game who made a cameo appearance in that other game. Ya, that guy!

Mega....Man....
AND...GENO!

^ LULz. You can't hate that. And then Brawl gets delayed for 2018. Imagine, we'll all have 10 more yeras of Melee experience. And he shows off Megaman and Geno just to taunt us. And tells us it will feature 200+ characters, no clones, and 1,000 stages+stage creator. That'd be epic mindgames, especially followed by him saying "Sorry, but Brawl is out now! Go get it nubs!"

Ugh, is this thread full of useless, one line, spam posts? I mean, I've only been here since page 15.

If you're going to say what you think the Dec 3rd update will be, please explain why you feel so. We're trying to have a discussion here.
Again I say, "What Pyroloserkid said".

Megaman + Geno + another delay announcement lol
I'd actually be happy with that. Honestly, that'd make my life. :)

C'mon! we have to be positive and realistic, what we need Megaman for when we can have this update!?

If I saw THAT UPDATE, I'd be excited. I'd hope he'd talk about the Wii next, and think of EVERYTHING! Talk about every game he's played in individual updates, lulz. And on Febuary 10th, he delays Brawl. "Ya, I forgot to mention, it is a Japan-only game. Maybe you didn't get it after 3 Japan-only characters, SUCKERS!"

December 3 Update:

I was just kidding about the delay guys...

GO BUY BRAWL NOW
LULz, epic winz.

My guess=???

Geno, Megaman, or Miis as PCs, and maybe a new trailer, or something. Other possibilities include a new game mode, All-Star mode, more veterans, etc. IMO Miis, Geno, or Megaman would be perfect, especially Miis. Sakurai can show us how powerful he is by beating up Kojima, Miyamoto, and Chuck Norris! :laugh:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I was just looking at Sakurai's old Melee site, and Marth was first revealed on December 4th. Maybe we get some Subspace Emissary thingy, and then a character=??? Just a thought.

Black/Light

Smash Master
check the geno thread first post concerning his legal matters. hes a legit 2 1/2 party
Yea, I really trust some random fan's blog about Geno's ownership over Nintendo (who claims Geno is owned by S-E and is their IP. . . and in no way claims any ownership over the thing.).

finalark

SNORLAX
I was just looking at Sakurai's old Melee site, and Marth was first revealed on December 4th. Maybe we get some Subspace Emissary thingy, and then a character=??? Just a thought.
Can you give me a link to that old site? If so, thanks.

December 3rd:

Hello Smash fans, I have some bad news. Due to a computer virus, we have lost all of the work we have done on Super Smash Bros Brawl.

We are trying to recover the data, I hope you understand.

Here is the new launch:

October 12, 2010

Barnacules

Smash Cadet
In the spirit of Smash Bros. Mojo (but not as good)

Dec. 3, 2007 Update: Meta Knight's Special Moves

I know I've already shown you these twice, but I've made one change to the moves. They're exactly the same in every sense, except now they kill everyone in one hit. You see, I made a new equation to calculate the damage and knockback of moves:

Awesomeness of move X Awesomeness of Character = Level of Pwnage

Since compared to Meta Knight, the "awesomeness" of every character and their moveset approaches zero, they don't do any damage, and Meta Knight does infinite.

*Insert picture of MK one-shotting various characters*

Most people would consider this a problem, but they all suck and are just fanboys of some dumb character that sucks, just like they do.

*Insert Picture of other SSBB characters acting like Level 1's*

This change should add a great new feel to brawl that I think you will all enjoy. I know I sure do!

*Insert picture of Sakurai using MK to own little kids so bad they cry, while he smiles at the camera*

Wow. I hate to say it, but I really have made the perfect game.

/update

Seriously, though, it's just gonna be a normal update.

Adreem

Smash Rookie
I would like to see something nice on Dec. 3rd, but I don't want to get my hopes up at all. If they were to finally show some things about Zelda, or imput a video of neat things goin on, then that would be great too.

Either way....I can't wait till Feb. 10th~

Fangirl all the way.~<3

Levia7han117

Smash Journeyman
Is there anyone besides me that thinks Sakurai may not even acknowledge Dec. 3 as SSBB's former date? I mean, he may not think it's that important and just treat it like a regular update (which would probably suck anyway).

Xanderous

Smash Lord
Is there anyone besides me that thinks Sakurai may not even acknowledge Dec. 3 as SSBB's former date? I mean, he may not think it's that important and just treat it like a regular update (which would probably suck anyway).
You're the only one, dude! Grats!

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Seconded, there may be somthing decent as the first of the month updates have generally been better though not alway.

How about this: "Ok since the game was originally going to come out today we started the updates so as that they would be done by now. Basically you know everything and now you just have to wait until the actual release date. Enjoy!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom