• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~~~The December 3rd Update~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMichael

Smash Lord
I think it's going to be similar to when the original December 3'rd announcement was made. He said a little something only for the North American version of the site. He'll probably say something like

"For all of you reading this page, I apologize that you are not playing Super Smash Bros. Brawl right now. However, a great man once said that a delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is bad forever. I hope you all understand that we want this game to be truly epic."

And then he'll get onto the update that everyone will see. Sonic's final smash :p
That sounds more like the Dec. 3rd update to me, and that quote is just epic(GO MIYAMOTO!). Sonic's final smash would be an e-for-all update, we don't want anymore of those now do we...

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
Sakurai would be very dumb not to do something special (at least a character or stage) on December 3rd though. Fan backlash would be amazing.
Problem with all the hardcore fans is that the ultimate end game is going to put money in Nintendo's pocket.

All the *****ing and whining they do will most likely fall on deaf ears because the y know that smash is going to sell regardless of the competitive community (unfortunately).

I don't think a lack of updates or a lack of interesting update would deter anyone from these boards who planned on purchasing the game from buying it.

"I would play Brawl, but that december 3rd update was so terrible, I decided not to" <----------- Not realistic at all.

The problem with being a hardcore fan is that often times those individuals wind up becoming "slaves" to the developers. Developers want to cater to new crowds, especially with a new game, because they know that most of the hardcore players will be with them in the end. The ones that are lost will often times return at a later time anyway.

Its similar to people who ALWAYS vote republican, or ALWAYS vote democrat. The candidates are going to do little to address the issues that effect you the most because they are guaranteed a vote. If a candidate had to persuade a group, and actually back up some promises, they would cater to the group that the candidate would have to work for to get the vote (theoretically).

Personally, I don't think nintendo cares if we get upset for whatever reason, because we are guarenteed money to them.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
I think it's going to be similar to when the original December 3'rd announcement was made. He said a little something only for the North American version of the site. He'll probably say something like

"For all of you reading this page, I apologize that you are not playing Super Smash Bros. Brawl right now. However, a great man once said that a delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is bad forever. I hope you all understand that we want this game to be truly epic."

And then he'll get onto the update that everyone will see. Sonic's final smash :p
Sakurai =/= say the word 'epic'. Fail.

It's not going to be anything special, and certainly wont be a character when we already have the characters that will be revealed.

SteveTV

Smash Apprentice

I think this is most likely to happen. I've lost all enthusiasm for the updates lately and so I don't care what we get. That being said, if he did do something special for Dec. 3rd, I'd like to see a screen-shot of the starting character select screen. I think that would be most fitting since we all would have seen it that day.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Problem with all the hardcore fans is that the ultimate end game is going to put money in Nintendo's pocket.

All the *****ing and whining they do will most likely fall on deaf ears because the y know that smash is going to sell regardless of the competitive community (unfortunately).

I don't think a lack of updates or a lack of interesting update would deter anyone from these boards who planned on purchasing the game from buying it.

"I would play Brawl, but that december 3rd update was so terrible, I decided not to" <----------- Not realistic at all.

The problem with being a hardcore fan is that often times those individuals wind up becoming "slaves" to the developers. Developers want to cater to new crowds, especially with a new game, because they know that most of the hardcore players will be with them in the end. The ones that are lost will often times return at a later time anyway.

Its similar to people who ALWAYS vote republican, or ALWAYS vote democrat. The candidates are going to do little to address the issues that effect you the most because they are guaranteed a vote. If a candidate had to persuade a group, and actually back up some promises, they would cater to the group that the candidate would have to work for to get the vote (theoretically).

Personally, I don't think nintendo cares if we get upset for whatever reason, because we are guarenteed money to them.

Very true but you still don't think that Sakurai and the Brawl team (Note: this is way more then just Sakurai working on it) gets upset when people complain?

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
How about this:

Sakurai puts out there a brand new trailer full of a whole lot of content/gameplay (stages, items, game modes), and it's all stuff that we hadn't seen before at all. And it may or may not include a newly revealed character. But then for the rest of December, the rest of the updates will be on all the things already seen in said trailer. So it'll be the same old, same old: a lot of new stuff!...and then people and whining and complaining about the updates!

Tony_

Smash Ace
NOthing special will happen on Dec 3rd. If nothing special happened on the Japanese release date, nothing will happen on the US release date.

iMichael

Smash Lord
NOthing special will happen on Dec 3rd. If nothing special happened on the Japanese release date, nothing will happen on the US release date.
The November release date for Japan was not confirmed. We(NA) were the only ones who go a release date. I agree nothing will happen, but if they do manage to get a demo or something then that's cool, but I expect just a regular update.

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
Up until now I've believed that nothing will happen on the Dec 3rd update, but now I'm rethinking...maybe something will happen. I mean...Sakurai has a small team working on this website...a team with one task of bringing updates. Now this team probably has planned out what they're going to reveal in the next few months, they probably understand a lot about the audience they're appealing to. It's mostly hardcore fans who check the updates every day, because they're the most interested. They will most likely do something Dec 3rd to compensate for the delay.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
if a character is revealed on December 3rd, im going to post a massic 'I FAIL' picture in this thread.

trust me, it's not gonna happen. No more chars, at least not on the dojo

00Elf

Smash Journeyman
Isn't it obvious guys? "Beware The Forest Mushrooms" confirmed as music.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
It's not gonna be anything spectacular. You guys are just setting yourselves up for a disappointment. And then you'll whine and ***** about not getting anything 'good' on December 3rd.

Just wait.

Very true but you still don't think that Sakurai and the Brawl team (Note: this is way more then just Sakurai working on it) gets upset when people complain?
No. They know the whiners are being childish and ungrateful.

I

i8waffles612

I cant wait till monday to see what the new update is... lol i would seriously rofl if its a downloadable demo :D

P.Vanity

Smash Ace
you all realise, the release date was for the US, the updates are for all countries...so dec 3rd doesn't mean much for the rest of us...sorry if any has pointed this out already.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I'm hoping it's a character. Not a shoe-in character. Give us somebody that we don't know is pretty much in for sure.

clockwerkz

Smash Rookie
monday,
nothing special will happen
just another update, on another day...
dont set yourselves up for dissapointment

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
I expect something better than a character confirmation. I don't know what could be better than that, but I'm expecting it.

I'm also expecting to be disappointed.
i like how your mind works RC

zurf23

Smash Apprentice
December 3rd update:

A notice update:

"Hey guys, this is Sakurai, I'm going to be taking the month of december off for vacation, so there will be no updates this month, have a Merry Christmas!" :laugh:

blooagga

Smash Journeyman
11:59 at night....
me: YESSS..... ONE MORE MINUTE!!!
*Veeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww clunk...
*darkness
*telephone ring
"Hello this is Bill gates I just called to say that i reset the internet and wiped all information saved to all servers.... Have A JOLLY GOOD DAY!
*cringe O_e

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
Brawl will release on December 4th. There will also be a CNN report on how Sakuri was arrested on charges for grand theft auto and animal abuse.

slick128

Smash Apprentice
I'm not expecting much but what I do hope for is the original Smash Bros. on Virtual Console to be released on this day.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I'm not expecting much but what I do hope for is the original Smash Bros. on Virtual Console to be released on this day.
If that happened, I think he might announce that on the Dojo, but not by itself though. It would be accompanied by a kick-a$s update for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom