• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~~~The December 3rd Update~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Dec 3 Update:
Hey guys it's Sakurai and I would like to announce that we are realeasing a demo.
(After this everyone will be excited and quickly x out the browser and head to the stores)
*Scrolls all the way to the bottom*
SIKE!

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
You will ALWAYS remember this day as the day you ALMOST got Super Smash Bros. Brawl!

But seriously, who knows? He might just put up crawling or tripping on Dec. 3rd.... I wouldn't put it past him...
Actually, Sakurai has been known to NEVER miss "landmark"s.

Update 100 was Wifi, Sakurai's birthday was the MASSIVE subspace emissary update...

EDIT:

Dec 3 update:

"Thanks for waiting, Smash fans! It is finally here! Super Smash Bros. Brawl is released today!... in 39 years. Happy smashing, n00bs! (TBR: Dec 2046)

Lol, I'd be 57 :S
You're 18!

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I can see Dec. 3rd being a character update to begin a long string of more frequent updates to finish up the starting roster or reveal more characters every week up to Brawl's Japanese release.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
I'm thinking either a demo release (optimistic) or a REEEAAALLY good character, like a third party or the Animal Crossing representative.

I'd also like to see an update for all the characters that aren't returning from Melee. That would be nice.

JJFMJR

Smash Cadet
The best update ever!

You guys wanted to see the best possible update? Well here is something I think has a chance. I've been working on it for about an hour so, it's not excellent, but enough :).

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Ok. I don't know if this has been brought up within tha past 14 pages, so I'll say it myself:

December 3rd was NORTH AMERICA's release date.
Not Japan's.
Not UK or Ireland's.
Not Germany's.
Not France's.
Not Spain's.
Not Italy's.

It WAS the release date of Canada, and the US.

As we all know, every single language or country gets the same update that we do, with a little tweaks here and there.

Why would December 3rd be a special update because it WAS OUR release date? It wasn't the realease date for the other SIX languages, so why would they get a special update directed at Canada and the US?

Monday's update won't be anything extraordinary, so don't get your hopes up.

Sariku

Smash Master
Ok. I don't know if this has been brought up within tha past 14 pages, so I'll say it myself:

Not Japan's.
Not UK or Ireland's.
Not Germany's.
Not France's.
Not Spain's.
Not Italy's.

As we all know, every single language or country gets the same update that we do, with a little tweaks here and there.

Why would December 3rd be a special update because it WAS OUR release date? It wasn't the realease date for the other SIX languages, so why would they get a special update directed at Canada and the US?

Pyroloserkid, or should I say Mr. Canadian and Watch, should be elected for President... even IF that's for America only.

BUT, we still need a Character Monday... please..?

flyinfilipino

Smash Master

Not Japan's.
Not UK or Ireland's.
Not Germany's.
Not France's.
Not Spain's.
Not Italy's.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it the first release date given for Brawl at all? Sorry if I'm wrong. It's also the first of the month, so I think there's a high chance of something.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Your numbers mean nothing.

Haven't you people realized that there's no set pattern of updates?

Sure I'm hoping for something good on Monday, but you need to stop being so naive and look at the fact that it was OUR release date and no one else's. Sakurai wouldn't give us something special JUST for us. If anything it'll be on the Japan release date.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Your numbers mean nothing.

Haven't you people realized that there's no set pattern of updates?

Sure I'm hoping for something good on Monday, but you need to stop being so naive and look at the fact that it was OUR release date and no one else's. Sakurai wouldn't give us something special JUST for us. If anything it'll be on the Japan release date.
Well, thanks for answering my question. Have a nice day!

Weed

Smash Lord
I dont understand why you'd think there'd be a demo on that day.
It wont be anything special, just a memorial of the day we could've had Brawl.

As for the update, I'm sure he'll do something so lame it'll be funny.

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
To be quite honest, I'm expecting there to be a really sucky update on Monday. I don't know why. I just get that feeling. People are expecting more than is possible. You're bound to be let down.

WarbL

Smash Rookie
Captain Falcon! If he is not revealed on monday, I'm thinkin he's unlockable

then again im not expectin much since we (or Japan) didn't get anything good on the original Japaneese release date

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
To be quite honest, I'm expecting there to be a really sucky update on Monday. I don't know why. I just get that feeling. People are expecting more than is possible. You're bound to be let down.
Yeh, that happens when people tend to do that.

FOR EXAMPLE:

"Omgz 150th update!!"

And then we got like...Ike's final smash?

knuckles_18

Smash Cadet
i think we r in for something epic like the confirmation or mega man ridley or something like a totaly new game mode like character creater

Zorya

Smash Ace
You really get into this stuff huh? 3 characters every other month? WOW.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Ugh, is this thread full of useless, one line, spam posts? I mean, I've only been here since page 15.

If you're going to say what you think the Dec 3rd update will be, please explain why you feel so. We're trying to have a discussion here.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
In a case like this, I believe it's best to be optimistic, yet realistic. I fully expect a character update. Do I expect MegaMan? Nope.

JJFMJR

Smash Cadet

Not Japan's.
Not UK or Ireland's.
Not Germany's.
Not France's.
Not Spain's.
Not Italy's.

Well unfortunately, the United States will be by far SSBB's greatest consumer. Sakurai will more than likely base his decision on the US, why was it first release in the first place? They will make more money from the USA than anywhere else in the world. You can bet that monday's update will be directed toward the US.

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
You can bet that monday's update will be directed toward the US.
I doubt it. Sakurai is 100% more inclined towards Japan. Look at the facts.

1. Way more Japan-exclusive characters, items etc in Melee than American
2. Japan gets more on the DOJO than we do, even if it is a random advert for a cooking game
3. Was there one directed toward Japan around the time the game would have been released to them?

iMichael

Smash Lord
You guys shouldn't get so pumped on the Dec. 3rd update, because if it's nothing special, not only will the delay make you mad, but the fact that the game was supposed to be released Dec. 3rd and you getting nothing will only make you more furious.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
Actually, Sakurai has been known to NEVER miss "landmark"s.

Update 100 was Wifi, Sakurai's birthday was the MASSIVE subspace emissary update...
Known to "never miss landmarks"??? I have to disagree there. How about the anniversary of the Wii launch? Miyamoto's birthday? I think more than anything it's just coincidence. He's missed plenty of opportunities to do something special on certain days. I think the only thing we can know for sure is that Sakurai does whatever the heck he feels like doing, and that he is not predictable in any way.

Triple_Factorial

Smash Apprentice
I doubt it. Sakurai is 100% more inclined towards Japan. Look at the facts.

1. Way more Japan-exclusive characters, items etc in Melee than American
2. Japan gets more on the DOJO than we do, even if it is a random advert for a cooking game
3. Was there one directed toward Japan around the time the game would have been released to them?
1. Melee has 2 Japan-Only characters (Marth & Roy) and one Japan-Only Item (Lip's Stick). So far, Brawl has one Japan-Only character (Lucas) and one Japan-Only item (Lip's Stick [again]). Furthermore, there's only one US-Exclusive franchise in existance (StarTropics).

2. They have an extra music track and a price tag while we had a demo, even if it was limited to few people for 4 days.

3. That so-called Japanese Release Date of November 22nd was NEVER confirmed. If it were, we would've seen it on the Japanese Dojo.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Sakurai would be very dumb not to do something special (at least a character or stage) on December 3rd though. Fan backlash would be amazing.

iMichael

Smash Lord
Sakurai would be very dumb not to do something special (at least a character or stage) on December 3rd though. Fan backlash would be amazing.
Yeah Sakurai would be very dumb for not giving us an update on the day that Brawl was supposed to be released, but now isn't due to some issues. Do you guys not realize that Dec. 3rd is now a regular day? Just expect an update and appreciate it whether it be an item, poke'ball, AT, character, music etc.

And why would fan backlash be amazing?

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I think it's going to be similar to when the original December 3'rd announcement was made. He said a little something only for the North American version of the site. He'll probably say something like

"For all of you reading this page, I apologize that you are not playing Super Smash Bros. Brawl right now. However, a great man once said that a delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is bad forever. I hope you all understand that we want this game to be truly epic."

And then he'll get onto the update that everyone will see. Sonic's final smash :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom