• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Deal with Ike

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamerdudeAT

Smash Apprentice
I've heard some people say that Ike is for noobs because he's overpowered. I will admit that some of his moves have maybe a bit more power than they should but does that mean that he's for noobs? I think that the people that say Ike is for noobs always lose to an Ike but that's just my opinion. What do you fellow Ike users think?

XACE-K

Smash Master
People say Ike is for n00bs because of the n00bs. There are always Ikes that just spam f-smash, thus making them n00bs. A lot of Ike mains are n00bs while only a few have a brain.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Ike is for noobs get over it. I lost to a noob ike (I was using random and it was a FFA >_>) because I never realized how Ike is soo good for noobs. Seriously~~ everyone tries to roll but they roll to the ledge and get fsmashed by Ike.

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
Yeah, a lot of people say Ike is too OU. My friend and I keep stressing to them is Ike isn't OU if you have a better player. If you have a n00b Ike, who uses his Smashes a lot, than those are the OU Ikes. The way Ike isn't OU is the people who actually know how to use Ike. So they are usually facing the n00b Ikes. So, it's not just you getting those excessive complaints.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Ike is god tier for noobs. The only way a noob Ikes lose was because some one was NOT a noob and knew the match up.

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
you should be able to MURDER anyone who can't space well with ike.
a good ike player will hardly even use the "cheap" moves and will play defensively.

oh, and STOP ROLLING
=P

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Yeah, Ike is so ****ing overpowered since he has like no bad match ups and very few neutral match ups. Oh wait, ****, that's Metaknight. My bad, wrong forum.

If I could Falcon Paaanch every noob that has ever made a topic in this board, over 9,000 mother****ing people would have skulls with the word PWNT burnt into their forehead. >.>

lonelee

Smash Rookie
The reason people think he is overpowered is because a newb could just pick up a controller and smash someone with him because of the opponents mistake. Ike seemed cheap the first few days he came out but now he seems harder to use because of the better players.
That's just what i think :D

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
This reminds me of a problem back at the Sonic boards.

Luckily, we have a thread that sovles it. I believe if you look up "Sonic sucks A.K.A. learn to player" or something like that, you'll have a good read.

VideoCupcakes

Smash Rookie
Ike isn't necisarilly for n00bs. (please excuse my spelling) Some people use Ike to be able to overpower there opponents, and only use there smash attacks or b attacks, as some Ike n00bs don't even know what smash attacks are. I once played online against an Ike n00b, the only move he ever used was b and down. I'm not a big fan of Ike, but I will say, there are non-n00b Ike players out there. Those players who actually sheild, roll, and press the god darned A button. The point here, is that there are some Ike n00bs, and some non-n00bs, you just can't around saying that if you use Ike your a n00b. Thats just not right.

KC18

Smash Journeyman
ike isn't overpowered, ike isn't cheap, and fsmash is a good move to use against people who rely on rolling, so easy to hit with when ur smarter than ur opponent. i'd say ike has good balance, just easy to overthrow if you stay sharp.

Skink

Smash Apprentice
Side dodging is Ike's natural enemy. Just remember to shield that fair to jab combo. And don't get ahead of yourself trying to gimp his up-B or you might end up being hit by an impromptu spike.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Side dodging is Ike's natural enemy. Just remember to shield that fair to jab combo. And don't get ahead of yourself trying to gimp his up-B or you might end up being hit by an impromptu spike.
Ike actually likes people who dodge, he loves his lingering hitboxes.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
The fact that there are still threads like this make me cry. Your 'friends' suck *** like crazy at Brawl, whoop de ****ing doo. Can we just stop making these things.

Tenki

Smash Hero
I find it interesting how threads like these tend to attract people who almost never post.

Really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom