• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Dating Advice Thread

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Since when did gay guys end up becoming terrible at courtship?

God this ****ing generation I swear, @ Jon Farron Jon Farron just get up on it and do it soon. You're young, possibly beautiful (which will definitely not be the case when you're older), just take advantage of these things and seize the day. Carpe diem, not yolo.

Thing is, if you're a bottom maybe not, because that would make you a massive hoe. Welcome to life, it's not fair.

Too late, already got rejected. D;

I think he has walls up. he just broke up with someone in January, and is still being harassed by them from what it looks like.

Last edited:

Falconv1.0

Smash Master

I think he has walls up. he just broke up with someone in January, and is still being harassed by them from what it looks like.
Ok be sure to become best friends with him so you're always there for him so one day the time will come when you'll fall in love forever.

Trust me, it's guaranteed to work.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988

Ah well at least you plucked up the nerve, good for you.

What isn't food for you is convincing yourself there's still a chance. Maybe there may be many moons down the line, but for now you should start putting your hand back in the cookie jar babycake.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I'm going out to the mall with a girl I really like tomorrow and sadly I'm half convinced she is just using me to buy her stuff. I really don't know anything about her personal life other than she ended a long term relationship a few months ago, for all I know she has a **** buddy/friends with benefits right now and I am totally wasting my time. I'm hardly even sure how we got here since I had planned to go out with her at least once before taking her to the mall, not surprisingly my poor judgement has failed me again.

To be fair I really don't mind buying stuff for her since I'm doing a lot better for myself than she is right now and she could really use the help, but its just dawning on me that if she shows a complete lack of interest in hanging out with me after this I am going to be pretty hurt about it. I suppose I'm not really asking for advice I just wanted to mention this.

Edit: I suppose part of the reason I like her is because of how genuine she has convinced me that she is, if it turns out I was wrong and it was all a front then it's just a learning lesson I guess.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why would you buy a girl stuff you aren't with

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
There's nothing wrong with buying gifts and stuff for people you're not dating...
Don't want to set up expectations of gift giving, plus the fact that gifts should carry some inherent meaning to be special. Also women don't deserve gifts because they are the devil's left hand.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Because I like her, and she is broke. She could use a helping hand.

Doesn't matter though because work got in the way, we're not going. She says she'll comeby and visit me after she gets some sleep. I guess that couldn't have worked out any better lol.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You know some girls take advantage of that

They have a real boyfriend while they friendzone some guy but give him just enough to keep him buying her stuff

If the REAL boyfriend is smart he won't object to it, because she ain't going to give it to the guy and he never has to buy her anything

It's a win win for the couple

Last edited:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
You know some girls take advantage of that

They have a real boyfriend while they friendzone some guy but give him just enough to keep him buying her stuff

If the REAL boyfriend is smart he won't object to it, because she ain't going to give it to the guy and he never has to buy her anything

It's a win win for the couple
Yeah I'm aware of that.

Agreeing to take her to the mall so soon was a mistake. But fortunately I don't have to do that anymore, at least not for now.

And she is coming over my place tonight so I guess I'll find out just how friend-zoned I am.

T

Trick or Treat

There's nothing wrong with giving gifts to people, especially if they're your friends. As long as it's not a common occurrence, that is. You can give her a gift and help her out once in a blue moon, but you have to remember to say "no" because you...

...Don't want to set up expectations of gift giving

Don't let her take advantage of you and your gifts.

Also women don't deserve gifts because they are the devil's left hand.
This is also true. The only 'gift' we need is the D!

Just kidding

but yeah hail satan

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Incredible! So my former ex-girlfriend and former best friend (I think I'm finally ready to admit that was a mistake) just called me up to say hi. I was trying to reconnect with her so I offered to call her back since she never has a balance on her phone. We talk for a little while and she makes it a point to tell me that she is spending time with her new boyfriend(could be her old boyfriend for all I know honestly). I can't believe how petty she has become at that she is intentionally trying to hurt my feelings. I'm not even jealous, I am just left with this feeling of incredible disappointment. I guess it was a mistake trying to reach back out to her.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Here's my dating advice.
Girls are evil. You must treat most of them like a goddess or you will face their wrath and wonderful range of emotions.
The only comment I have on guys are what I hear from women. It usually goes like this: "GUYS ARE ****ING ASS HOLE!" "HE CHEATED ON ME THAT ASS HOLE!" "HE DOESN'T EVEN NOTICE ME! WHAT AN ASS HOLE!" This is also ALWAYS followed by fits of crying rage.
So apparently we are all un-trust worthy ass holes. Sounds about right if you ask me.

So if you find someone you plan to date be prepared for blood shed.
To war my brothers. In this world you can choose to either be a slave, A PRISONER! OR! You can stand and fight against their rule! FOR FREEDOM!

On a side note, you should avoid all Thai woman. I was in a strip club in Thailand once, she was hung like a moose. My friends and I made for a hasty retreat.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Here's my dating advice.
Girls are evil. You must treat most of them like a goddess or you will face their wrath and wonderful range of emotions.
The only comment I have on guys are what I hear from women. It usually goes like this: "GUYS ARE ****ING *** HOLE!" "HE CHEATED ON ME THAT *** HOLE!" "HE DOESN'T EVEN NOTICE ME! WHAT AN *** HOLE!" This is also ALWAYS followed by fits of crying rage.
So apparently we are all un-trust worthy *** holes. Sounds about right if you ask me.

So if you find someone you plan to date be prepared for blood shed.
To war my brothers. In this world you can choose to either be a slave, A PRISONER! OR! You can stand and fight against their rule! FOR FREEDOM!

On a side note, you should avoid all Thai woman. I was in a strip club in Thailand once, she was hung like a moose. My friends and I made for a hasty retreat.
This is probably sorta what it's like when you attempt anything with a woman, isn't it?

Man, Savior, it's really been a long time huh.

Does anyone here actually like you yet? Nice one insulting an entire race of people and calling an entire gender "evil". I must ask if you've ever actually been friends with a not crazy woman or have you just stumbled desperately for any girl you thought might give you a shot then at the end of that fun road said to yourself "WHY ISN'T ANY OF THIS WORKING!? WOMEN ARE EVIIIIIIL".

The only 'gift' we need is the D!

Just kidding

but yeah hail satan

Last edited:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I like Savior more than I like you Falcon, you big douche.

saviorslegacy

This is probably sorta what it's like when you attempt anything with a woman, isn't it?

Man, Savior, it's really been a long time huh.

Does anyone here actually like you yet? Nice one insulting an entire race of people and calling an entire gender "evil". I must ask if you've ever actually been friends with a not crazy woman or have you just stumbled desperately for any girl you thought might give you a shot then at the end of that fun road said to yourself "WHY ISN'T ANY OF THIS WORKING!? WOMEN ARE EVIIIIIIL".
The gif is correct. Except you need to dump cereal on his head followed by vodka. That is a healthy morning breakfast.

Actually I joined a group of people that are full of ass holes and I'm loving it.
I actually have a few good female friends. One of them I wanted to date but you are not allowed to date anyone in your division in the military.
And no, that is not how my dating scene has been. My dating scene has been me finding someone who I like, date them for a little bit and get deployed to the middle east. This effectively ends every relationship because no one wants to be with a guy that is gone for 8 months. This has happened to me three times now. So they usually cheat or send you a dear john letter. We had an Ensign on my last ship commit suicide because his wife left him on deployment.

On and Falco......

T

Trick or Treat

The gif is correct. Except you need to dump cereal on his head followed by vodka. That is a healthy morning breakfast.

Actually I joined a group of people that are full of *** holes and I'm loving it.
I actually have a few good female friends. One of them I wanted to date but you are not allowed to date anyone in your division in the military.
And no, that is not how my dating scene has been. My dating scene has been me finding someone who I like, date them for a little bit and get deployed to the middle east. This effectively ends every relationship because no one wants to be with a guy that is gone for 8 months. This has happened to me three times now. So they usually cheat or send you a dear john letter. We had an Ensign on my last ship commit suicide because his wife left him on deployment.

On and Falco......
Well, ****in'...**** happens dude.

That's how most people are. Male or female, if you're separated for such a long period of time, someone's bound to move on. Unless you're actually truly in love in which case you get those fun little "welcome home" surprises that they always show on TV when the soldier comes back.

No one wants to be with a guy or a girl who's gone for 8 months.

saviorslegacy

Well, ****in'...**** happens dude.

That's how most people are. Male or female, if you're separated for such a long period of time, someone's bound to move on. Unless you're actually truly in love in which case you get those fun little "welcome home" surprises that they always show on TV when the soldier comes back.

No one wants to be with a guy or a girl who's gone for 8 months.
This one speaks the truth.
Yeah but what you don't see is that there really isn't true love shown. You see all of that happiness but everyone knows that the guy kissing his wife or girlfriend cheated while he was drunk in the Philippines, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong.... take your pick. Then he later figures out that his wife cheated and is crushed. Either way, both of them are dishonorable.
I can only think of a VERY VERY small number of people who did not cheat, and they were probably the most miserable of all. Who's to say that their wives didn't cheat either? So I would say that the number of true strong honorable relationships of couples is very very small. This unfortunately... includes myself.
The military also has the added problem of people (men and women) trying to marry them just to divorce them/have a kid with them and then divorce them so that they can claim your benefits, retirement pay check and if they are foreign they get citizenship.

Like I said before, women are evil and men are un-trust worthy ass holes. Most everyone will break under stress. Just look at divorce rates.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This is an interesting thread I may make use of it soon.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I am embarrassed at how much I like the attention of a woman. I've been talking to an old friend from college and we've been flirting a lot. Which I imagine will stop as soon as she realizes we don't live in the same country anymore. And I'm sad about that. I wish I was cooler :(

Oskurito

Smash Lord
You could still travel, a friend of mine (female) that lives in canada met a guy from usa, I think they both played LoL or some ****, they're together now and she's going to travel there to see him.

Don't feel bad about yourself, try to find a way to reach her somehow or make her reach you.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
what would you like to know?
im trying to hook up with 2 girls atm
one i met at del taco while she was working
the other at some con
none are conservative or religious bull****
one of em seems sprung idgaf tho
i just want to smashhh

T

Trick or Treat

It's actually really not that hard to just hook up with girls, if that's all you're looking for.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
It's actually really not that hard to just hook up with girls, if that's all you're looking for.
The sad thing is deep down they're also looking for a therapist AND BEST FRIEND FOREVER, so they aren't willing to just get some dumb broad to mark for them. OR they're really dumb and they both go live in markville forever, aka HELL.

Me too guys, me too. ;~;

Last edited:

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
The sad thing is deep down they're also looking for a therapist AND BEST FRIEND FOREVER, so they aren't willing to just get some dumb broad to mark for them. OR they're really dumb and they both go live in markville forever, aka HELL.

Me too guys, me too. ;~;
You're talking to the wrong girl, then. It is easy to hook up with people. Just don't expect anything else outta it. You sound like you're looking for a relationship, not some hook up.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
You could still travel, a friend of mine (female) that lives in canada met a guy from usa, I think they both played LoL or some ****, they're together now and she's going to travel there to see him.

Don't feel bad about yourself, try to find a way to reach her somehow or make her reach you.
She is living on a 3rd world budget and I'm not doing much better. Traveling just isn't practical for us right now.

T

Trick or Treat

Me too guys, me too. ;~;
Exactly. If you're just looking for sex, nothing more, it's VERY easy to find someone for that.

Unless I'm misunderstanding your post in which case please have sex with me.

But seriously, not that hard. You really can just ask, don't be afraid.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
wanna be **** bunnies?? pl0x
Oh yuck. What do you think I am? Some ***** with zero self-respect and low standards? I'd slap you right now if I could. >_>

I kid I kid. Though you should probably know before we get started that I'm a dude.

Top Bottom