• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Cute Baby Pokémon, the Melee underdog: Pichu for DLC Discussion - Under New Ownership! VOTE NOW!

D

Deleted member

Like it or not, it's bound to happen.

Not saying it's 100% going to happen, but there is a high chance of either a 5th (or if it appears before Smash 4's release, a 6th) making the cut. Much more than Pichu returning.

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?

I'd love you forever if you made some lucario hat textures~ <3
I'd probably never use any other pichu other then Newsboy pichu if that existed.
If only it did. D:
And shuuure, i can make some Lucario hat textures. Any suggestions?

Like it or not, it's bound to happen.

Not saying it's 100% going to happen, but there is a high chance of either a 5th (or if it appears before Smash 4's release, a 6th) making the cut. Much more than Pichu returning.
I know, but i just... argh. Don't like it. Needs more Pokemanz from first 3 gens.

Caryslan

Smash Apprentice
If Pichu came back, I would love to see him lose that stupid mechanic where he took damage from his own attacks. He's already light enough, so there's no reason for him to be further weakened. The idea would be to make him much faster then Pikachu at the cost of being lighter and having less power.

I would also change his specials to further distance him from being a clone of Pikachu.

Here's something I have in mind.

Netural Special: Thunder Wave
Down Special: Nasty Plot
Side Special: Grass Knot
Up Special: Quick Attack

Final Smash: Volt Tackle

The idea is to change Pichu's playstyle from a being smaller Pikachu that hurts himself to a faster character that relies on punishing oppoent's mistakes and induces effects on the oppoent. Thunder Wave would work like ZSS' Paralyzer by stunning the opponent long enough for Pichu to attack or escape. Nasty Plot would allow Pichu to store charges that he can use later in the match. It takes several seconds to store a new a new charge and he can only have one at a time. Once he triggers a charge, his attack power and knockback increase for 15 seconds and he gains super armor on several attacks.

Grass Knot would be a midrange attack that trips an oppoent. Quick attack and Volt Tackle would work the same way as they do now, although Pichu's Volt Tackle would be quicker but less powerful the Pikachu's version.

Pichu's playstyle would rely on trickery, inducing status effects like stun and tripping, and using his speed to get out of harm's way. Balancing that out is his low base power and the fact that if anyone catches him, he's very easy to knock out due to his weight.

I loved Pichu in Melee, so I hope they bring him back.

Caryslan

Smash Apprentice
Already posted this in the palette swaps thread, but might as well post it here as well.

My ideas for possible palette's.

1. Regular
2. Pichu with goggles (Just had to make this one return, it's too awesome to drop)
3. Newsboy hat Pichu (The Pokemon always get funny hats in the Smash series :D)
4. Spiky-eared Pichu, y'know those female Pichu's?
5. Green, with scarf and plush headset. Isn't it adorable?
6. Red, added back his red palette from Melee but added a cape to the mix.
Aww, I want backpack Pichu(His green costume in Melee) to return. It was so much fun to put a backpack on the little guy and play as him in a match or in Adventure mode.

Could you imagine backpack Pichu in SSE2?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I'm glad there are people out there other than me who enjoyed playing as Pichu, I know I did

His chances of coming back are next to nothing, but I would absolutely love it if he did

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
I don't want to imagine SSE2, unless they do it well this time.
How can SSE even get a sequel, if it didn't even have a story to begin with.

I say they start from scratch and come up with a well written plot this time, not involving anything with SSE elements. I hate all the irritating enemies from that...

I support the idea for Adventure Mode 2.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
I would be very much in favor of an adventure mode 2.
If they do an SSE2, it should be a longer version of adventure mode with like save points or something.
Oh and a few more challenging levels.

Ove

Smash Journeyman
I would be very much in favor of an adventure mode 2.
If they do an SSE2, it should be a longer version of adventure mode with like save points or something.
Oh and a few more challenging levels.
I think Pichu should be in Smash 4 too.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Lol. Aight, I may be a bit off topic.
Not like there is much to talk about anymore.
Should pichu be in the next game? Yep.
How could we make him good and not a clone? Did that already.
Talk about random ****: in process

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
I'd love to see Pichu return as he was one of my personal favourites in Melee. Extremely cute, but surprisingly strong if one knows how to use him.

While Pichu doesn't stand the strongest chances of making it in the next Smash Bros. (with the competition from so many Pokemon around), I still say that he has a decent chance. He still stands as an iconic Pokemon character (Pokemon HG/SS and Guardian Signs featured him heavily) and the fact that he is a veteran Smasher does give him some notability.

Also here is an idea for a Pichu Final Smash if anyone is interested (based off the Ukulele Pichu from Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvz22xJRkhI

PS: Also love the alts Niko!

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Pichu wasn't strong... Ever...
His fsmash was kinda strong....
But was escapible in all versions but NTSC 1.0, making it relatively unviable in high level play except for if you timed it so only the final hit lands (gimps only)... Its like trying to land a falcon punch with no range...

mrbrawl

Smash Cadet
that final smash locks awesome i thought it would be cool if he turned into raichu but thats cool to

Ove

Smash Journeyman
They could make a new movese to it. Ukulele Pichu is a nice FS. It could maybe have weaker attacks than Pikachu, like shock wave. Nasty plot and attract could also be converted into attacks, although I'm not so sure how that would come out...

On another note, I really liked the costumes on the previous page.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
The only way I wouldn't mind Pichu in the games, would be if he were in the 3DS (if indeed the 3DS would have characters that could be customized as suggested by Sakurai). That way you can customize Pichu and when you import him onto the Wii U, he evolves into a Pikachu whose attacks and movements depend on how you customized your Pichu.

Ove

Smash Journeyman
The only way I wouldn't mind Pichu in the games, would be if he were in the 3DS (if indeed the 3DS would have characters that could be customized as suggested by Sakurai). That way you can customize Pichu and when you import him onto the Wii U, he evolves into a Pikachu whose attacks and movements depend on how you customized your Pichu.
That's an awful idea.

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
Yeah... no.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Some people says that Brawl's Pikachu it's not the same in Melee, but it's Pichu that evolved!! Because he can use volt taclkle, a technique that only Pichus learn... I duno

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Yea he akso stole pichu's goggles and walljump, but w/e.

No matter what, I feel like pichu won't transition well for the next smash.

jigglover

Smash Lord
I'll just do a quick specials move-set to show that Pichu can in fact be different.
Neutral B, nasty plot (chosen because it is often associated with baby pokemon like pichu and igglybuff) : Pichu gets four swirling question marks full of shadow energy (the stuff Ganondorf uses) around it, on the top of him, both sides and the bottom if in the air. It air stalls.
Up B: thunder wave: Pichu wags it's tail and creates three rounds of thunder in whichever way the joy stick is pointed. The rounds create an electrical current that boosts Pichu into the air on all three rounds, and if you tilt the joy stick left, then Pichu goes right and vice versa.
Down B, tail whip: Whips it's tail on either side of him about 4 times a side. Though he is vulnerable from the top, Pichu has a quick roll dodge and he can roll dodge out of this attack.
Side B, wild charge: Charges to the side. Works a bit like skull bash, since it can be charged and hurtles you to the side, but works differently as well. It's kind of a mix between quick attack and skull bash, but should still be unique.

I think that Pichu is actually pretty likely for smash 4, with his recent (ish) role in PR:GS. It shows that game freak still wants to market it and that there is still popularity there.

mrbrawl

Smash Cadet
i don't think he needs a new move set just better physics maybe just small differences

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I had the idea before of coupling Pichu togheter with Pikachu and Raichu as a Pokemon Trainer-esque character. Pichu, if he won a stock before the other character, would evolve in Pikachu and get major stat buffs, who would then evolve in Raichu if he picked up a Thunder Stone that randomly gets dropped on the stage as an item.

All would have similar movesets, with small changes around. Pikachu could still be selected as an own character, but Pichu and Raichu wouldn't. As Raichu might have obvious advantages over Pikachu (thus picked more often) and Pichu would have obvious disadvantages (as a joke character). So for players who value balance more than risk, there is 'solo Pikachu' and for players who feel confident there is 'evolution Pikachu'.

If they would implement it this way, I would LOVE Pichu to return actually.

Tell me what you think? :pichu:

D

Deleted member

You think Doc as an alternate selection to Mario is a bad idea, yet support THIS one?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Long not as terrible as Waluigi or Dr.Mario I'm sure. :troll:

Shirekeldeo7

Smash Cadet
I'm not a big fan of pichu but i'd want him in the game because i like to beat him up its fun

Top Bottom