• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Cute Baby Pokémon, the Melee underdog: Pichu for DLC Discussion - Under New Ownership! VOTE NOW!

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
I myslef would want Pichu back. I don't get why people hate Pichu D: If you seen the 3rd Pokemon movie and saw the pikachu short with the Pichu Bros. they hurt themselves while there trying to shock Houndour so anyone should've saw that coming when Pichu was in Melee (I saw it coming) and I love Pichu but he's most likely not coming back ): but if some miracle happens and he does come back make him have a new moveset like how I said if Ganon is going to come back he needs a new moveset but at least still hurts it self but not take that much damage only really 3% of damage taken when doing any electric moves.,

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I myslef would want Pichu back. I don't get why people hate Pichu D: If you seen the 3rd Pokemon movie and saw the pikachu short with the Pichu Bros. they hurt themselves while there trying to shock Houndour so anyone should've saw that coming when Pichu was in Melee (I saw it coming) and I love Pichu but he's most likely not coming back ): but if some miracle happens and he does come back make him have a new moveset like how I said if Ganon is going to come back he needs a new moveset but at least still hurts it self but not take that much damage only really 3% of damage taken when doing any electric moves.,
I'm glad someone finally realizes that about Pichu. I always thought that was weird though.

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
I'm glad someone finally realizes that about Pichu. I always thought that was weird though.
lol I never really found it weird I just thought they hurt themselves because how young they are.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
lol I never really found it weird I just thought they hurt themselves because how young they are.
Yeah, I guess if I electrocuted myself at a young age, it would hurt too.

Steelia

Smash Champion
I always kind of liked the hurt-self mechanic for Pichu in SSBM, too. Made it truer to not only the movie, but its Pokedex entries. I think the problem was that Pichu hurt itself too much with too many moves. I could understand Thunder taking 2% or so, but its fair taking 4%? Two hits of its dair taking 2%? Agility? Come now.

Just tone down the amount of % it hurts itself (at most, just 1%), and Pichu is much more viable. Also, it should have *much* faster throwing animations. Pichu is supposedly the best item grabber, yet it throws so slowly!

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
I always kind of liked the hurt-self mechanic for Pichu in SSBM, too. Made it truer to not only the movie, but its Pokedex entries. I think the problem was that Pichu hurt itself too much with too many moves. I could understand Thunder taking 2% or so, but its fair taking 4%? Two hits of its dair taking 2%? Agility? Come now.

Just tone down the amount of % it hurts itself (at most, just 1%), and Pichu is much more viable. Also, it should have *much* faster throwing animations. Pichu is supposedly the best item grabber, yet it throws so slowly!
ikr o:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If Pichu was DLC along with Dr. Mario and Young Link (i.e. the no hope trifecta) I'd pay for that.

ShichibukaiJimbe

Smash Apprentice
Is there any chance that the supposed presence of Minum and Pluse in the Forbiden Seven was a way to kind of replace Pichu in Brawl? I wouldn't mind them to make it this time instead if that's the case, the only problem is that it seems they're having great difficulty with double characters like the Ice Climbers, so another one would be improbable

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If Pichu was by itself as DLC, how much would you be willing to pay?

Gune

Smash Lord
If Pichu was by itself as DLC, how much would you be willing to pay?
About 3 to 5 dollars I am a completionist that's probably the only reason I would buy it for just pichu, Truthfully It would sell alot better if it included Young link(with melee moveset to make him unique) Dr.Mario and Roy in the DLC pack.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
Here is a decloned moveset for Pichu:

Pichu uses everyday objects that either Pichu or Pikachu are known for using. (ketchup, ukelele, surfboard, etc.) It also knows some moves that Pikachu is known for using in the anime, but doesn't use in Smash.

B (Iron Tail): Pichu turns its tail into metal, and spins around, slashing enemies.
Side B (Ukelele Song): Pichu plays its ukelele from Guardian Signs, shooting a soundwave forward that gets bigger as it travels.
Up B (Surf): Pichu gets on his surfboard and surfs upward, like Waterfall.
Down B (Ketchup Grenade): Pichu throws a bottle of ketchup that shatters, creating red fumes that linger for a while, dealing damage to anyone in the area of effect.
Final Smash (Thunder Shock): Pichu shoots 2 Mario Finale-style beams of electricity on either side of it.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Here is a decloned moveset for Pichu:

Pichu uses everyday objects that either Pichu or Pikachu are known for using. (ketchup, ukelele, surfboard, etc.) It also knows some moves that Pikachu is known for using in the anime, but doesn't use in Smash.

B (Iron Tail): Pichu turns its tail into metal, and spins around, slashing enemies.
Side B (Ukelele Song): Pichu plays its ukelele from Guardian Signs, shooting a soundwave forward that gets bigger as it travels.
Up B (Surf): Pichu gets on his surfboard and surfs upward, like Waterfall.
Down B (Ketchup Grenade): Pichu throws a bottle of ketchup that shatters, creating red fumes that linger for a while, dealing damage to anyone in the area of effect.
Final Smash (Thunder Shock): Pichu shoots 2 Mario Finale-style beams of electricity on either side of it.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Ukelele I can see more like a Final Smash if it appears at all. Don't know where ketchup grenade comes from though...

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
Pichu was taken out for being too good in melee, if meta knight returns it will probably mean Pichu will return (hopefully)

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
Done my decloned Pichu Moveset.

Pichu Moveset

Pichu is very fast and is hard to hit.

Neutral B: Ukelele. Pichu pulls out his Ukelele and plays it, sending a wave of music around him like the Barbara the Bat Assist Trophy in Brawl, but it is smaller and weaker. You can press B more times to make him play his Ukelele more. Does 7% each hit with a little knockback.

Side B: Iron Tail. Pichu runs forward, then flips and swings his tail, bashing it into the opponent. He does this all very quickly. Deals 12% with big knockback.

Up B: Agility. This move is similar to Pikachu's Quick Attack, but is much faster and goes a bit farther. This also makes Pichu faster for the next 5 seconds.

Down B: Thunder Wave. Pichu sends a wave of electricity that grows bigger around him until it is a foot away. It will disappear after 1.5 seconds. If anyone touches it they will get paralyzed, they will be paralyzed longer depending on there damage.

Final Smash: Thunder Shock. Pichu shoots two giant bolts of lightning on each side of him, dealing huge knockback and damage.

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
I would like Pichu to have like a Lucario type feature where the more damage he accumulates through electricity would mean more damge Pichu could do

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
If Plusle and Minun were actually an idea that Sakurai had and they're in Smash 4, I can imagine a Pichu Bros. alt of some kind.

Morbi

Scavenger
You think the Pichu Brothers are worth a thread?
I don't know about that, you are probably better off asking a Mod. I think Pichu Brothers can pertain to Pichu's thread adequately though. Then again, after seeing all of the threads that Mega Bidoof and Mega Dunsparce create, a Pichu Brothers thread would probably go under the radar. :awesome:

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I'd rather have Pichu Bros or Plusle and Minun than Pichu on his own.

But I swear, if Pichu himself comes back in place of any other veteran, I'll go ballistic :mad:.

Goten21

Smash Journeyman
I don't.

And technically, Pichu a nerfed Pikachu, no matter what game. Pikachu itself is a nerfed Raichu.
While Pichu is a nerfed Pika, Pika ain't the same to Raichu.
In fact, Pikachu has much more speed
If you give Pika a quick ball in the games, his HP, spatk and normal atk (if I'm correct, point is, Quick Ball pikachu>>>>>Raichu. Normall pikachu>><<Raichu) all become higher than his evolution's (*note, quick ball doesn't work on Raichu)

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
While Pichu is a nerfed Pika, Pika ain't the same to Raichu.
In fact, Pikachu has much more speed
If you give Pika a quick ball in the games, his HP, spatk and normal atk (if I'm correct, point is, Quick Ball pikachu>>>>>Raichu. Normall pikachu>><<Raichu) all become higher than his evolution's (*note, quick ball doesn't work on Raichu)
Actually, the Light Ball (as the 'quick ball' you mention is actually called) only raises Pikachu's Attack and Special Attack and nothing else. And I don't know where you get the idea of Raichu being slower, because that's just not true. The only occasion I remember this happening is in the anime where Ash's Pikachu fights L.T. Surge's Raichu. If Pikachu were faster than Raichu in the games, then Pikachu would've been one heck of a sweeper, but Pikachu really isn't THAT fast.

Concerning Pichu, I'm not sure if I'd like having him back or not. Pichu was practically the mascot of the second generation games and represented that generation pretty well. With that generation being way in the past at this point, I don't think it's necessary for Pichu to return. I would love for Pichu to be an alternate 'costume' for Pikachu though, if they'd manage to pull that off somehow!

Goten21

Smash Journeyman
Actually, the Light Ball (as the 'quick ball' you mention is actually called) only raises Pikachu's Attack and Special Attack and nothing else. And I don't know where you get the idea of Raichu being slower, because that's just not true. The only occasion I remember this happening is in the anime where Ash's Pikachu fights L.T. Surge's Raichu. If Pikachu were faster than Raichu in the games, then Pikachu would've been one heck of a sweeper, but Pikachu really isn't THAT fast.

Concerning Pichu, I'm not sure if I'd like having him back or not. Pichu was practically the mascot of the second generation games and represented that generation pretty well. With that generation being way in the past at this point, I don't think it's necessary for Pichu to return. I would love for Pichu to be an alternate 'costume' for Pikachu though, if they'd manage to pull that off somehow!
I guess I should recheck all my facts in that case xD It's been too long since I played Poké, lol
Thx for correcting my though ;)

Well, an alternate costume needs to have the same structure as Pika, right? That being said, Pichu would end up looking rediculous like that

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
I guess I should recheck all my facts in that case xD It's been too long since I played Poké, lol
Thx for correcting my though ;)

Well, an alternate costume needs to have the same structure as Pika, right? That being said, Pichu would end up looking rediculous like that
Haha, I think the Light Ball used to only raise Pikachu's Special Attack really. I believe it also started raising Pikachu's Attack from HG/SS onwards.

Also, hence why I said 'if they'd manage to pull that off somehow', mostly referencing to the way Pichu has different body structures from Pikachu. Seeing as how Pichu WAS largely a Pikachu clone in Melee though, I don't see it as too much of a stretch for Sakurai to pull this off. Of course, Pichu wouldn't hurt himself anymore with its electric attacks if it WOULD be a Pikachu alt.

Top Bottom