• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Custom Laboratory -Nayru's Rejection

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I understand why, but can someone test her most useless Farores custom?(forgot name)
I mean, yes just by the description it's easy to tell its kinda crap, but maybe there is more about it we don't know?
I mean is the distance larger then Normal? Is it an extremely powerful meteor that hits anywhere once she reappears? Does it Sweetspot the ledge or whatever?
You know it wouldn't hurt to make sure that we aren't overlooking it too much.

Now that people mention it........I think the phantom that travels low distance but has more power(is this the one people are mentioning?) Seems good. I thought breaker could be extremely helpful, but....... People just have to not shield and it's really not too deadly, but it's set distance is nice. Maybe in a way, people could kinda have trouble figuring out the difference between the 3? You know, it could fake me out.

I always thought blaze was the best, I mean flare is fast but it can't really be angled?(I'm VERY inexperienced with customs)
It has the same power throughout the move, so mabey that's actually good?

Idk about Neutral, I thought Rejection was cool, it can turn people around and reflect projectiles. But yea the fact it is slower is a little.....risky in a way to avoid combos and pressure because Love is great at that even if I don't use it often.
Passion.....Idk it seems very weird. If only I could play with people while having customs on :(

That's what I know of....sorta, I just hope someone can explain them a little better?
Sure thing! There's not much info there right now because I haven't updated in aeons, but you can find a lot of specific data about some of the custom moves in the Opening Post of this thread.

Now to make a quick summary of strengths and advantages:

Up-B Customs:
Farore's Squall: This is the long distance version, it doesn't become invisible, and has no active hitboxes, only windboxes. This means that the move pushes enemies away instead of hitting. This custom in general is very situational because the windboxes come out in frame 1, which means people get pushed back immediately after you hit Up-B. Apart from the "improved" recovering ability, the best use we've found for this is to escape combos, pressure and juggles. It can interrupt rapid jabs, mess up some multi-hit attacks like ZSS's Up-B, and do some other annoying shenanigans to disrupt opponents' chains of attacks.

Farore's Windfall: This is the one that is a powerful meteor when it reappears. Basically you give up your ability to recover in order to get a deadly meteor. It can't be angled anywhere but up, but it's the fastest of the three I think. Also, one thing to note is that Zelda can control her movement as soon as she reappears, whereas with Wind and Squall she's locked into falling in a straight line for about two seconds. Tbh this is garbage.

Side-B Customs:
Din's Flare: The one that is quick and powerful but lacks any vertical distance. I think this is the best one of the three because of the speed and the power, but people are still debating over its possible uses. Din's Fire was already terrible enough anyways, so...

Din's Blaze: Slow, powerful, and takes a while to explode after being "set." It make take some people by surprise like one time, but it will probably be useless after that. It might have some use in doubles because the Din's grenade will still be set even if Zelda is hit, so you can have your partner hit you with low KB attacks in order to plant up to three mines on the stage. This is really hard to pull-off, though, since it requires both you and your partner to be in the same place and that's unlikely to happen in a real doubles match.

Neutral B Customs:
Nayru's Rejection: It's the one that flips them around. It has some interesting properties but we haven't really found an exact use for it other than flipping people, which still sucks because the hitboxes hit them and give them their Up-Bs back. It also has some interesting invinicibility properties but nothing we've found to be very abusable.

Nayru's Passion: Has windboxes that pull opponents into an explosion. It's weird at best. Some people think the windboxes can mess up approaches and do a good job at edgeguarding, but I'm honestly skeptical. I dunno if I'd give up Love over any of these two.

Down-B Customs:
Phantom Breaker: Takes forever to charge, but always goes the max distance regardless of charge time. Does massive shield damage on a full hit, but lol good luck pulling that off on a shielding opponent. The only good thing about this move is that the min charge will still go the full distance, but it's still debatable if this is useful because Phantom Slash is already pretty bad by itself anyways.

Phantom Strike: This is agreed to be the best Phantom. Despite not going any extra distance, this actually fixes the issue of Phantom's blindspot and makes it safer for Zelda. It also fully charges in a second, and deals some massive damage on full charge. The best part about this one, though, is that it semispikes opponents real hard, meaning they get knocked back VERY horizontally. This completely destroys certain recoveries, despite Strike having set knockback (meaning it can't kill untile like 900%).

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I found something interesting. When you love boost or love jump with rejection. The crystal and windbox separates and the windbox is still in effect. So when you love jump or boost, it might help repel your opponent away so they can't punish. Also it seems like you can create a opportunity with it. If you hit them when it and you read if they're gonna roll or shield or spotdodge, you can get a free grab combo.

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
I actually tested the kill potential of phantom strike a while ago and found that the fully charged phantom strike will never kill. Not even at 999%. The lesser charged versions will though but at horrendous percents making it useless unless you use it at the edge on a high-recovering opponent (Lil Mac and other characters that don't snap to the ledge during recoveries) where it hits them just far enough so they can't recover.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
@ Fernosaur Fernosaur ill be making the things to or in the OP since you seen busy.
Sure! I don't know how to transfer thread admin rights, but in any case you can just make a post and I'll just copy paste it to the OP so long as you give it a good format <3. Just tag me when you do. Thanks a lot!

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I'm liking this thread. I immediately dismissed both FW customs because lol no Elevator but I'm looking to try Squall a bit now. I had no idea it was so useful as an aerial defense, something Zelda sorely lacks otherwise.

What about Nayru's Passion? It's bad, yes, but I like playing with it. If only it killed 40% earlier.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I'm liking this thread. I immediately dismissed both FW customs because lol no Elevator but I'm looking to try Squall a bit now. I had no idea it was so useful as an aerial defense, something Zelda sorely lacks otherwise.

What about Nayru's Passion? It's bad, yes, but I like playing with it. If only it killed 40% earlier.
Nayru's Passion is lolwhy, but if you think you can deal without a reflector and an anti-pressure move, Macchiato discovered that it covers nearly every ledge option since it has a gigantic windbox that pulls into the hitbox and the windbox might be able to be used for gimping since it can pull your opponent at weird angles. I still think it's horrible but it isn't completely useless

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Nayru's Passion is lolwhy, but if you think you can deal without a reflector and an anti-pressure move, Macchiato discovered that it covers nearly every ledge option since it has a gigantic windbox that pulls into the hitbox and the windbox might be able to be used for gimping since it can pull your opponent at weird angles. I still think it's horrible but it isn't completely useless
Yeah I'm mostly playing with the windbox and it's all sorts of weird, cause windboxes are weird.
The explosion as it stands is more of a nuisance when trying to gimp. It often blasts people higher when I'd just like to pull them.

I doubt Sakurai's team will look at Zelda's customs but it'd be great if the windbox were just a bit bigger or the explosion was much stronger. alas

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Yeah I'm mostly playing with the windbox and it's all sorts of weird, cause windboxes are weird.
The explosion as it stands is more of a nuisance when trying to gimp. It often blasts people higher when I'd just like to pull them.

I doubt Sakurai's team will look at Zelda's customs but it'd be great if the windbox were just a bit bigger or the explosion was much stronger. alas
Rejection is p good. Its pretty hard to react to since it flips them around and sometimes when they're in the middle of a move. Rejection could flip them and make them use a move in another direction possibly allowing a free elevator or charged smash. Due to it being hard to react to, the opponent might just completely freeze up for a second giving us a perfect oppertunity for a grab combo or dash attack. If they start catching on and throw a move, just shield and punish. Sometimes if you both are at the ledge and you reject them, rejection might make them go offstage and put them in a perfect position for a dair. Sometimes it'll pop them off and they input something that will make them SD due to freefall or the long duration like Shulk's nair or Din's Fire. Something else we found which doesn't have a use quite yet is that if you love boost or love jump, the windbox and the crystal in Rejection will seperate. I'm thinking that it'll make Love Jumping and Boosting more safe than the other varients due to the windbox pushing them away.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
What about for singles? I usually go Flare because default is nigh useless but I could see Blaze being better than either.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
What about for singles? I usually go Flare because default is nigh useless but I could see Blaze being better than either.
Most people are using Flare because it's actually useful (gasp) since it always does max damage/knockback it's actually threatening, it's fast (making it easier to hit), and is a very good long range punish. We've figured out that Blaze actually isn't that good...it isn't much of a trap since by the time Zelda can act, it explodes almost an instant later (lol thanks Sakurai) so it's not even close to a trap. It's still good offstage tho. We had a discussion about it on page 4 if you wanna look there

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I read literally every page of this thread except 4 orz

I've been using Blaze occasionally as a ledgeguarder. I like how low it can go. Both are markedly better than Din's for sure <3

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Imo for singles Standard Din > Custom Dins tbh. It works fine as is. Not so slow, but can be angled enough. Either way it'll still have the KO sweet-spot. All of the variations are flawed; the move is mostly for edge guarding anyways.

It may be worth it to mess around with other Dins for doubles, though. I mean, D3RK shows that there are neat uses.

Last edited:
Top Bottom