• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Complete Music (and Sound) Compendium

D

Deleted member 269706

So I just made my first .hps. It seems fine apart from a seemingly random blend of faint, and loud, popping noises. Dolphin had the same issue, but there were also moments it sounded like it was halting for a brief second - but that issue seems absent from my wii running nintendont.

Has anyone experienced something similiar? Or is this just par for the course?

I could also provide the .hps file if someone wants to look into it for curiosity's sake.

EDIT: I think the issue where it halted was just me not noticing it on the crt because the volume was louder on dolphin. But the popping noises are still weird.
I can't say I've ever had that problem when making .hps files...I have had a few where the loop point was slightly off, but other than that I've never had a problem. Which tutorial were you following when creating the file?

_yuna

Smash Apprentice
I can't say I've ever had that problem when making .hps files...I have had a few where the loop point was slightly off, but other than that I've never had a problem. Which tutorial were you following when creating the file?
I was following Lanabo's "Custom music guide that makes sense". Maybe I could try another guide to see if that would work better.

D

Deleted member 269706

I was following Lanabo's "Custom music guide that makes sense". Maybe I could try another guide to see if that would work better.
Yeah, when I did one through that guide (using HPS Insert) I got a lot of unstable hps files, and the file sizes were huge. Definitely use this thread. Amazing guide.

Yarfy

Smash Rookie
Is there anyway to replace the Mushroom Kingdom II (Finale) .hps? The file is super small since the song itself is only 20 seconds long and it is by far the most annoying one.

Br0h

Smash Rookie
Could someone make a sound for Falco's laser where it goes "BRRAP" in human voice? that would be awesome.

DRGN

Technowizard
I was gonna do it in PHP, but I've been using C++ a lot lately, so I could do that as well. What language would you wanna use?

Someone pointed me to this.
(Was just about to respond a few days ago, about 2 minutes before I left cell tower range for the weekend. :p)

Anyway, I was going to do it in Python 2.7.9, for a program I'm already working on. I know Python can be used for web apps too, so maybe we can use the same functions.

@ CeLL CeLL is also interested in this. I think he's writing his program in Python 3.x.

SmashBros.KING

Smash Rookie
So I replaced sp_Zako (normal Battlefield) with a song which is fine however, sometimes when I load the stage no music plays at all even though the song I customized plays and when I hold L and R the alternate song on Battlefield plays. Can someone please help in this? I rebuilt my ISO multiple times and it still keeps occurring which is honestly weird.

krvntn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyke_g
Happens to me too. Audio file maybe fail to load because of its size or length, I have no idea.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Question: Can you, like in Brawl, replace a victory theme with a looping HPS and have it loop on the victory screen without any issues?

soneek

Smash Ace
Sorry, been extremely busy lately. Has anyone encountered any issues with the HPS downloads from Brawl Custom Music so far?

krvntn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyke_g
I made a "silenced" audio to remove useless audio in the game, so I can add more custom songs.

Problem is, it crashes my game, like the one frame .mth does when it tries to load videos

wth

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
i made quite a few of these a long time ago, i also reuploaded ssbm audio tools to mediafire thats in the OP, THANKS.

ill edit this post with what i made shortly and will eventually make some more soon

EDIT 1: it seems i'm out of shape and new stuff has come up in terms of HPS creation, guess i'll be reading up on everything again, JUST CAUSE

EDIT2: all of these are above 29mb, dunno how to make them smaller yet

Ana Tijoux - 1977 (cut) By KnitePhox - DEMO
Felguk - 2nite By KnitePhox - DEMO
MAtrixx vs Lil Wayne - A Millie Remix By KnitePhox - DEMO
Daft Punk - Aerodynamic By KnitePhox - DEMO
Pogo - Alice By KnitePhox - DEMO
Stormtrooper & Devastate - Battle of the Mind By KnitePhox - DEMO
Boreta - Bubblin in the cut By KnitePhox - DEMO
Rob Dougan - Chateau By KnitePhox - DEMO
Dan Balan - Famikon By KnitePhox - DEMO
Tobacco - Hairy Candy By KnitePhox - DEMO
Raz - Halloween (cut) By KnitePhox - DEMO
The Lonely Island ft. T-Pain - I'm on a Boat By KnitePhox - DEMO
The Black Eyed Peas - Imma Be (instrumental, cut) By KnitePhox - DEMO
Mr. Scruff - Kalimba By KnitePhox - DEMO
Jaql - McCloud By KnitePhox - DEMO
Monst3r Joe - Mne Uzhe Haiduc II (Speedy Mix) By KnitePhox - DEMO
Mcfadden and Whitehead - Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now By KnitePhox - DEMO
Cally & Juice - Now's the ****ing Time (cut) By KnitePhox - DEMO
MrVoletron - Onyxia Wipe - MrVoletron remix By KnitePhox - DEMO
she - Ready Steady Go By KnitePhox - DEMO
MrVoletron - Reply Code Alpha By KnitePhox - DEMO
Skrillex - Rock N Roll (cut) By KnitePhox - DEMO
Pendulum - Slam (cut..?) By KnitePhox - DEMO
Punchline Feat. Bliss - Slik (cut) By KnitePhox - DEMO
Discotronic - Tricky Disco (cut) By KnitePhox - DEMO
Vospi - we met dat night By KnitePhox - DEMO
Basshunter - Welcome to Rainbow By KnitePhox - DEMO
Pogo - Wishery By KnitePhox - DEMO
THEYESDANCEOMGWTF - Yes Dance By KnitePhox - DEMO
Bomberman Hero - Zip By KnitePhox - DEMO
Dj d3monic - Zombie Remix By KnitePhox - DEMO

Last edited:

krvntn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyke_g
@ Doq Doq I see, that may have been what caused that because I made a 2-3 block long silence after that and... It worked.

@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 Yeah that's what I did before, I took the ending.hps (which makes around 251kb) and put it everywhere I needed. My silence sample makes 33kb, it's still more space I can use. I think I can reduce the size again, I'll see.

So ! I've run into a problem lately, the sounds either disappear or mix up with the first seconds of another song or even do horrible scratch-like ear-destructive sounds, what causes that ? It's weird.

dexia

Smash Apprentice
Hi, I made this, I use the old metod with te original loop song, so, if you like it, use it jejejejej
the loop is good, but has certain "cut and mix" to make them fit.

Dragon Ball Z Burst Limit - Final Decisive Battle By Dexia - DEMO FINAL DESTINATION ALTERNATE
Decade - Greatest Battle Music Of All Times - Europa By Dexia - DEMO MAIN MENU
SSBB - Opening (Super Smash Bros. Melee) - Super Smash Bros. Brawl By Dexia - DEMO MAIN MENU
Thomas Bergersen - Greatest Battle Music Of All Times: Flameheart By Dexia - DEMO MAIN MENU
Nyan Cat - Nyan Cat By Dexia - DEMO DREAMLAND
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Yoshi Star Galaxy - Super Mario Galaxy 2 By Dexia - DEMO DREAMLAND
Decade - Greatest Battle Music Of All Times - Europa By Dexia - DEMO FINAL DESTINATION
Decade - Greatest Battle Music Of All Times - Europa By Anonymous - DEMO BATTLEFIELD
Naruto Shippuden - Naruto Shippuden OST- My Name By Anonymous - DEMO FINAL DESTINATION
Paper Mario TTYD - X-Naut Moon Base By Anonymous - DEMO YOSHI STORY

Last edited:

[FR] Alox

Smash Rookie
Is there any way to use the Japanese sounds in the english version?
LOL i tried something a few months ago, the result was hilarious :p just try to replace fox's US soundfile by his japanese soundfile, you will get a full drunk/****** fox with all the sounds mixed, like ATA for shine, UARG for spotdodge, HERHERHERHER for blaster, etc (and japanese voices btw)

i have no record setup to show you, but if you could try it and record it just to show, you will laugh a lot, i guarantee it :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 269706

That's odd, I'll take a look at it real soon. Thanks for the heads up!

@ Absol Sniffles You Absol Sniffles You got it (and the other one) fixed
Lost Woods Ephixa Link - http://www.mediafire.com/download/q7bqkwmbp13e73v/LWE.hps
Collective Consciousness Link - http://www.mediafire.com/download/m62krwv4ubdxcc2/Collective_Consciousness.hps

@ Doq Doq If you wouldn't updating the OP with these working links...

Last edited by a moderator:

Absol Sniffles You

Smash Rookie

The Shadow

Smash Apprentice
LOL i tried something a few months ago, the result was hilarious :p just try to replace fox's US soundfile by his japanese soundfile, you will get a full drunk/****** fox with all the sounds mixed, like ATA for shine, UARG for spotdodge, HERHERHERHER for blaster, etc (and japanese voices btw)

i have no record setup to show you, but if you could try it and record it just to show, you will laugh a lot, i guarantee it :p
LOL That's crazy!

❤ Nikodemus05

Zero Skill Spamus
NNID
Nikodemus05
3DS FC
3952-7737-9671
I'm new to this. When I go to replace menu01.hps with one of the files from here, it says the file size is different, and won't load it. Any help with this?

Top Bottom