• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Complete Music (and Sound) Compendium

gamegod7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gamegod7
3DS FC
1607-2735-0153
Whenever I try to replace the menu music, the song that plays is not the song that I wanted to play. Instead, it is a song that I used to replace the stage music for Dreamland. Any idea why this is happening?

gamegod7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gamegod7
3DS FC
1607-2735-0153
When
If you're using 20XX turn Random Music off.
Oh ok. Also, sorry for posting twice. Every time I posted here, the screen turned white, so I didnt know if the comments were going through or not

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Whenever I try to replace the menu music, the song that plays is not the song that I wanted to play. Instead, it is a song that I used to replace the stage music for Dreamland. Any idea why this is happening?
If you are not using some sort of music hack code (like Sham Rock's random music or Dan's last played sound test = main menu music), the menu music is played from:

Default: menu01.hps
Alternate: menu3.hps

Period. It will only play those two files. If you are certain you are not using any codes, then you are not replacing the correct files, or you're just using adding in a file that is different than what you think it is.

EDIT

Fun fact: The alternate menu music has a 25% chance to be played.

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
Do the pre-built HPSes work with SD Remix? I extracted the ISO with GCR, deleted and replaced the special and how-to-play movies, rebuilt the ISO, re-extracted the ISO into DIOS MIOS form, and the game isn't loading.

Also @ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 thank you.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Could this be the problem? Can you not just leave it as an ISO?

e~ I just said the satanic word.... I am horrible.
SD Remix kinda requires you to extract it with GCReex (or DMLizard [which incorporates it]) though.

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
No it doesn't. Just do the same process for making the 20XX ISO but with a vanilla 1.00 and the SDR replacement files.
But there's a sys folder in the SDR replacement files that can only be inserted if you extract the ISO gcreex style (not GCR style). It contains Start.dol as well as a certain BIN file.

Doq

Smash Lord
But there's a sys folder in the SDR replacement files that can only be inserted if you extract the ISO gcreex style (not GCR style). It contains Start.dol as well as a certain BIN file.
Use the DVD/Dolphin download then. The USB version should be obsoleted anyway,

Last edited:

Doq

Smash Lord
You're not gonna give me anything to do, are you? :p

Nevertheless I'm gonna look through my old hps library.

Last edited:

ChefBoyardee

Smash Rookie
cant find temple of hyrule, mushroom kingdom 1 and 2, and veomns hps file. can somone help me with their .hps names in the root-audio

Quillion

Smash Hero
Use the DVD/Dolphin download then. The USB version should be obsoleted anyway,
Reconstructed the ISO doing that, and now everything works.

By the way, @ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 : I noticed that the Snoop Dogg/Kirby remix only has the first and second verses. Is there a limit to how long a loop can be?

Quillion

Smash Hero

jax203

Smash Rookie
I just have one request.
The song is Homebound by Feint. Unfortunately I can't post a link since I just joined smash boards.
Thanks in advance.

krvntn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyke_g
Is there a COMPLETE list of stages hps names somewhere ? All I found was uncomplete, didn't list stages like mushroom kindgom etc.
Thanks in advance.

Midwest Holiday

Holiday
So is it as simple as importing the custom audio into one of the hps files using gcrebuilder? for exampl if I wanted to put X.hps as my menu music would i just import x.hps into the menu.hps file?

Midwest Holiday

Holiday
Alright so I replaced my menu music with a custom song, it works for the most part but sometimes in the main menu it makes a loud scratching noise instead of the song. Any idea of what it is?

Myougi

My posts are gluten free.
uh. Your game froze??
Alright so I replaced my menu music with a custom song, it works for the most part but sometimes in the main menu it makes a loud scratching noise instead of the song. Any idea of what it is?
If some parts of the song make crackling noises they were probably to loud when they were recorded. I've noticed a couple of tracks on the thread have some crackling issues... that said, I'm not sure about loud scratching noises though. Try using exporting the root of your ISO before you replace files instead of doing it in the program, just a thought.

Last edited:

Midwest Holiday

Holiday
No no my game doesnt freeze, but sometimes it seems like it will start playing another song over my custom song which makes it sound like static, I replaced both of the menu files with my custom song and i disabled random music.

Also is there a list of each stages music file, because some stages i am unable to find the stages song file.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
No no my game doesnt freeze, but sometimes it seems like it will start playing another song over my custom song which makes it sound like static, I replaced both of the menu files with my custom song and i disabled random music.

Also is there a list of each stages music file, because some stages i am unable to find the stages song file.
Did you make this song yourself?

Doq

Smash Lord
Jeez achilles you gotta slow down! You're quintople posting this thread. :joyful:
Fun fact: achilles alone has posted 22/79 or 27.9% of this thread, but has contributed 79% of all music tracks in the OP.

Top Bottom