• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide The Competitive Kirby [ver 2.1]

JoyousOne

Smash Cadet
This is probably incredibly irrelevant, but Final Cutter is from Sword Knight instead of Sir Kibble.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
T1mmy!!!!!! I wanted to look at nair's hitbox last night, and I remebered you had them here. I went and clicked on the move, but then Photobucket said it was a private album and wanted me to enter a password to continue. Do you know why this is?
Photobucket must have changed things around since I uploaded those videos so long ago. I followed the link and made the album "public" so everyone should be able to view it now. :)

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Yes! Together we shall triumph over all that claim to defeat Kirby and thus, we shall rule Smash itself! >:D Seriously though, is there a way a perfect Kirby (who can't powershield consistently XD) could take on a Fox or Falco? I'm guessing he could crouch below even the very low SH lasers but how could he get that piece of damage on the Spacee once they come in?

Bing

Smash Master
Kirby needs powershielding... And I actually like the vs Fox MU, Falco, not so much...

I still cant decide who Im going to main at my next tourney.... Marth, Fox... or Kirby... Probably not Fox, and to be honest, I dunno about Kirby, I might try it...

Massive

Smash Champion
Kirby needs powershielding... And I actually like the vs Fox MU, Falco, not so much...
Seriously? Fox has an answer for everything kirby can do.
It's a nearly unwinnable match.

Falco is remarkably easy to gimp and proper use of his power is terrifyingly effective.

:Tally Hoes

Banned via Administration
Having lasers against fox isn't the most helpful he can rush you then unless you're super far away

:phone:

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Kirby/Fox is the stupidest thing ever unless the fox you are playing is just dumb. A lot of fox players are either overly aggressive or overly defensive. You can beat the aggressive ones (with difficulty), but not the defensive ones (at least, not easily).

I feel as though the main thing kirby has going for him is the fact that a lot of people haven't played a decent kirby, but they seem to be able to figure the matchup out quickly.

swallowing fox won't do ****. Swallowing falco is aight, you can shdl lol. but i don't think you'll use it much lol. Main thing is just try to gimp them (as was said before?)

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Having lasers against fox isn't the most helpful he can rush you then unless you're super far away

:phone:
Well, I was talking about an answer Kirby could have against camping Foxes who spam lasers, since it was mentioned much earier in this thread that Fox could easily defeat Kirby by NOT fighting him. :p Of course, I would shdl or shtl to keep some form of mobility.

Kirby/Fox is the stupidest thing ever unless the fox you are playing is just dumb. A lot of fox players are either overly aggressive or overly defensive. You can beat the aggressive ones (with difficulty), but not the defensive ones (at least, not easily).

I feel as though the main thing kirby has going for him is the fact that a lot of people haven't played a decent kirby, but they seem to be able to figure the matchup out quickly.

swallowing fox won't do ****. Swallowing falco is aight, you can shdl lol. but i don't think you'll use it much lol. Main thing is just try to gimp them (as was said before?)
Agree w/ you mostly. Of course, swallowcide could be effective against those ppl that "haven't played a decent kirby". XD Oh, since teching is kind of difficult w/ spacees, Kirby might have an easier time dthrowing them into jab reset.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Copying Laser from Fox doesn't necessarily make the Match Up much better for Kirby.
First of all, he can use his lasers better than Kirby due to his mobility.
Second, he has a Reflector (and Kirby does not).
Third, Swallow is probably a better option than lasers in the MU.
Fourth, getting hit by lasers can discard the Copy from Kirby anyway.

Copied Fox lasers are still fun to play around with since Kirby gets more air-time while jumping around and firing lasers than Fox does. It just doesn't make a big impact on winning most of the time.

Top Bottom