• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Clothing Department - Mii Fighter Outfits and Hats

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
So, it's been confirmed that Mii Fighters will be able to wear different hats and clothes.
But the question remains, what kinds of hats and clothes will be available to put on your Mii?

On the Custimization section of the website, we see this picture.
image.jpg

Are these costumes based on anything specific?
All I can tell is that the one on the far left is obviously a football player.
Does anyone know what these may be based on?

Even if outfits are just based on typical stereotypes (football player, ninja, sci-fi blaster), what do you want?

Freduardo

Smash Champion
The 3ds hats and outfits I unlocked in streetpass? I want to headbutt people wearing Lakitu on my crown.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
I'm incredibly curious about the customization.

Of what I see I'll probably snag that halloween-like costume, minus the hat, and snag that beam sword (but sometimes using the normal sword). Also, is that bat wings on the back of the Halloween-like costume? I hope so (Sadly they are really small though)....

Though for the Gunners, I'll probably stick with the tron outfit, especially if they have a charge-up attack.

However, if each costume determines your stats. It might change my view a little bit, but ultimately I'll just go for looks (as long as it doesn't make me slow), because chances are I won't need huge advantages.

I would like to see a lot more stuff though. We'll see it all eventually.

Of course, If I can make the miis dress up like the other characters I will probably do that from time to time for the lulz.

Maikou

Smash Ace
I'd love to have a Karate outfit on the Brawler and just go Kung-Fu on everyone. *Plays Kung-Fu Fighting music the background*
I hope the outfits don't effect the stats or at least make me too slow as well, but I also mostly go for looks. one of the reasons I'm a casual player and don't strive towards competitive play is because I just like the way some characters look when I fight as them, even if I suck with them. This is also one of the reasons I hate Tiers: most of the time it just feels like the pros are demanding I play the character I'm best with when I just wanna have fun; Screw glory. Hopefully we can choose our hats as our own with no need for it to be part of the actual outfit itself.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I would like a wizard outfit for gunner.
Also a Longcoat and fedora hat.

Maikou

Smash Ace
For the Swordfighter, I hope there's a Samurai or Ninja outfit/motif, for the Gunner I hope we can wear our Mii Patrol helmets, and for Brawler, like I said, I'd love Karate outfit. Maybe a ninja outfit too, but mostly Karate.

EDIT: Hey, anyone else notice the Smash logos on the Football Player and the Jedi? I didn't notice those at first glance!

Last edited:

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
A karate outfit is a must for my Ryu mii.
Ninja clothes for my Sub Zero and Scorpion...
That purple outfit in the pic for my Happy Mask Salesman too.
A military outfit would be great for Guile and Lt. Surge.
A red futuristic suit for my Ironman.
A lab coat for Professor Oak :p

Duke Nukem, Putin, Obama, they can use whatever, really.
My Doc Louis is fine as is, surprisingly.

A cowboy outfit is already confirmed, so my Chuck Norris is confirmed too.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Please oh please a karate outfit for the Brawler Mii. This is my one wish for these outfits.

Maikou

Smash Ace
A karate outfit is a must for my Ryu mii.
Ninja clothes for my Sub Zero and Scorpion...
That purple outfit in the pic for my Happy Mask Salesman too.
A military outfit would be great for Guile and Lt. Surge.
A red futuristic suit for my Ironman.
A lab coat for Professor Oak :p

Duke Nukem, Putin, Obama, they can use whatever, really.
My Doc Louis is fine as is, surprisingly.

A cowboy outfit is already confirmed, so my Chuck Norris is confirmed too.
I would question your choices if not for the fact that Sakurai stated that anyone can join the fight and even threw Frodo in there. (Elijah Wood)

Wait a minute! I can make my OCs in Smash......OoO Other people can put their OCs in Smash... OC SMASH BATTLES! ......If Miis are usable in Online with Friends mode. Sakurai seems to be really keen on specifying "with Anyone" mode over "with friends" mode. is it possible that Online with friends will be just like local play? Or just "by yourself" play?

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
The Mii in the top hat looks a little steampunk-y, I would very much like a steampunk are canon to go along with it.

The beam sword as an option is a nice touch too.

So far, I'm impressed with the options.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
If the costume depends on the Mii's color, I'm so using that halloween one for Jack Skellington, that's set already.
I have no idea for other Miis and don't want anything that hasn't been said already.
I hope that Sakurai will reveal more outfits too!

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Im guetting really excited by this, cant believe im not allowed to show my miis to the world :/

I guess being allowed to use other fighters clothes will be enough to me, i mean, i want to dress as villager :awesome:

The picture and the OP and the cowboy outfit on the Mii page has gotten me hyped for the customization aspect. I wouldn't have much faith in the customization if it was anyone else, but Namco has absolutely amazing customization options in their fighting games. This is going to be huge.

If they're smart they'll dive into all four companies backlog of outfits to chose from: Capcom, Sega and Namco fighter outfits, Pokemon trainer outfits, Fire Emblem outfits, Jet Set Radio outfits, obnoxiously obscure series who have no chance of getting in.

Basically anyone under the big 4 namesake can be referenced in some way.

Last edited:

Maikou

Smash Ace
If they're smart they'll dive into all four companies backlog of outfits to chose from: Capcom, Sega and Namco fighter outfits, Pokemon trainer outfits, Fire Emblem outfits, Jet Set Radio outfits, obnoxiously obscure series who have no chance of getting in.

Basically anyone under the big 4 namesake can be referenced in some way.
That would certainly be interesting, but it's sadly not likely. That's a lot of work, modeling, programming. I'm sure it wouldn't be too much, but that's like........every single character under the 4 companies working on this game? That'd be a lot of huge work, and it'd certainly delay smash 4 for at least a month. It's going to be far too long a wait for it anyway, no need to delay it further. besides, we don't need to reference EVERYONE.

I feel it'd be best if they all just make outfits that fit most jobs/stereotypes/things we'll be expecting and likely will get, such as Karate Gi's, Samurai outfits, Ninja attire, Tron outfits, Jedi outfits, etc. stuff like that. besides, imagination. (and if you DARE think I'm referencing the sponge, you will feel extreme pain.)

Last edited:
That would certainly be interesting, but it's sadly not likely. That's a lot of work, modeling, programming. I'm sure it wouldn't be too much, but that's like........every single character under the 4 companies working on this game? That'd be a lot of huge work, and it'd certainly delay smash 4 for at least a month. It's going to be far too long a wait for it anyway, no need to delay it further. besides, we don't need to reference EVERYONE.

I feel it'd be best if they all just make outfits that fit most jobs/stereotypes/things we'll be expecting and likely will get, such as Karate Gi's, Samurai outfits, Ninja attire, Tron outfits, Jedi outfits, etc. stuff like that. besides, imagination. (and if you DARE think I'm referencing the sponge, you will feel extreme pain.)
Of course they wouldn't reference everyone. But they could add special things with certain characters in mind. Like a Dig Dug helmet, King's Jaguar head, Jet Set Radio headphones, a NiGHTS jester cap, Stider's scarf, Chun-li's hair buns and so on. Little things here and there while leaving the rest of the design to our imagination.

Namco has gone all out in terms of costumes before. Adding a couple references in their costume selection isn't out of the question, especially since they potentially have so many franchises from so many companies at their disposal. A opportunity no one may ever have again.

Last edited:

Maikou

Smash Ace
Hm, true. It's just that the way you worded that made it seem to me like you were implying for them to make costumes of literally EVERY character at the four companies' disposal. Sorry, I tend to make mistakes like that: it's difficult to tell what a person truly means with their statements online with text and stuff instead of hearing the actual voice.

I wonder if we'll be able to edit the emblem on their clothes. I'm pretty sure we can change the color of their outfits, but I wonder if it'll go as far as letting us change the emblem.

Maikou

Smash Ace
These two also :

Those look freaking awesome! :D
I wonder if we'll be able to edit the emblem on their clothes. I'm pretty sure we can change the color of their outfits, but I wonder if it'll go as far as letting us change the emblem.
I hope we can. As much awesome as the Smash Logo is, I'd love to give my OC(s/Power Rangers/numerous others I won't list) his(/her/their) crest(s).

Keeshu

Smash Ace
The Smash emblem? I didn't think about that before, but now that you've said it I'd be surprised if we couldn't change the emblem to the game we want. Anything else however, I'm not sure if they'd take the time to do it. I'm still curious as to how much customization they'll let us have.

Maikou

Smash Ace
From the website, it seems Sakurai is translating some RPG elements into Smash; We can buff and nerf the characters in multiple ways through equipable Items. However, it doesn't seem to work with anonymous Online, just like the Miis.

I'm hoping we can freely choose between several Pre-Made logos and make our own if we want, kinda like Animal Crossing and Mario Kart DS.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I think the Outfits and Accessories for the Miis will be unlocked over time and by meeting certain conditions, like completing events in Event mode.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
This feels really cool, Smash having this Pokemon-Amie/Ranch/Spin-Off/Thingie/Customizattion thing, of course, you'll enjoy it if you're not one of those people who go MULTIPLAYER MULTIPLAYER ONLY, if you're a completionist and love little touches, you'll love this.

I just hope this doesn't serve as an excuse to not add Layton, since he can pretty much be perfectly recreated with what we've seen so far.

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
It seems very doubtful. These characters are already incredibly customizable, I don't think they'll go as far as to let you edit the minor details of the outfits. We can dream, though, I suppose.
I think the Outfits and Accessories for the Miis will be unlocked over time and by meeting certain conditions, like completing events in Event mode.
I think a few might be unlocked that way, but I'm assuming most of them will be collected the same way custom moves are: as prizes in Smash Run and such.
This feels really cool, Smash having this Pokemon-Amie/Ranch/Spin-Off/Thingie/Customizattion thing, of course, you'll enjoy it if you're not one of those people who go MULTIPLAYER MULTIPLAYER ONLY, if you're a completionist and love little touches, you'll love this.
Sounds like I'll love this! Not that I didn't already know that, but it's nice to have confirmation.
I just hope this doesn't serve as an excuse to not add Layton, since he can pretty much be perfectly recreated with what we've seen so far.
Sadly, it will. Sakurai even stated that one reason he put Mii Fighters in is so people can add whatever characters they want, referring to how many character requests he gets. I'm sure Professor Layton, along with the likes of Goku, Bayonetta, Travis Touchdown, Leon Kennedy, Phoenix Wright, and the infinite number of other human/human-like characters people would like to play as, are the characters he had in mind when mentioning this. If we're especially lucky they'll even make some of the hats we can collect wigs, so we can give different characters more appropriate hairstyles than the default Mii choices offer (I'm looking at you, 75% of animé characters).

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
It seems very doubtful. These characters are already incredibly customizable, I don't think they'll go as far as to let you edit the minor details of the outfits. We can dream, though, I suppose.

I think a few might be unlocked that way, but I'm assuming most of them will be collected the same way custom moves are: as prizes in Smash Run and such.

Sounds like I'll love this! Not that I didn't already know that, but it's nice to have confirmation.

Sadly, it will. Sakurai even stated that one reason he put Mii Fighters in is so people can add whatever characters they want, referring to how many character requests he gets. I'm sure Professor Layton, along with the likes of Goku, Bayonetta, Travis Touchdown, Leon Kennedy, Phoenix Wright, and the infinite number of other human/human-like characters people would like to play as, are the characters he had in mind when mentioning this. If we're especially lucky they'll even make some of the hats we can collect wigs, so we can give different characters more appropriate hairstyles than the default Mii choices offer (I'm looking at you, 75% of animé characters).
Hmmm...I wouldn't throw Layton with Goku, Bayonetta or Travis Touchdown, he's pretty much a Nintendo character.

Maikou

Smash Ace
Hmmm...I wouldn't throw Layton with Goku, Bayonetta or Travis Touchdown, he's pretty much a Nintendo character.
I'm gonna agree here. I don't rather know Professor Layton, but my mom does and from what I know, he seems to be a very likable character. Apparently he's also a swordfighter? I'd like to ask questions about the character, but I think we'd need to go into a Private Conversation for that.

I agree with you completely. :( I do wish we could edit those little logos though. Honestly it's more pointless in Mario Kart though. We don't even see the front of the Kart most of the time :(

Last edited:

Book Jacket

Smash Apprentice
I have Miis of the entire Belcher family from Bob's Burgers, and the only one who looks wrong is Louise. Please let there be rabbit ears. All I want.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I hope the hats aren't tied to the outfits. Some would look cool for the characters, but some need to go bald or have a very specific hat.

EDIT: I just noticed that the top hat seems to really get around. Yay.

Last edited:
Top Bottom