• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Clerics Present: Mass Madness 5: Framingham, Screw the SATs! October 6th

ParlNock

Smash Apprentice
if you are gonna ban ****e might as well ban marth or wave dashing or baning peach's death turnip or other physics of the game...

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
You might as well ban foxs infinites too and while your at it ban shiek and marths from chain grabbing because that is equally as gay and still pretty ****ing easy to do.
certainly not as easy as pressing a over and over.
and none of the things you listed lead to guaranteed stock loss like wobbling does. wobbling is gay.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Banning wobbles is actually kind of gay. Even with it ice climbers arent a top tier character so I dont understand the point of limiting them in such a fashion. You might as well ban foxs infinites too and while your at it ban shiek and marths from chain grabbing because that is equally as gay and still pretty ****ing easy to do. Plus the way I see it tournaments like this are good warmups for the bigger tourneys like smashtyclsm and any mlg. At those tournaments they arent banned so its not really good preparation to ban something like that.
Pat/Pro I am never gonna call you JHolla again.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Banning wobbles is actually kind of gay. Even with it ice climbers arent a top tier character so I dont understand the point of limiting them in such a fashion. You might as well ban foxs infinites too and while your at it ban shiek and marths from chain grabbing because that is equally as gay and still pretty ****ing easy to do. Plus the way I see it tournaments like this are good warmups for the bigger tourneys like smashtyclsm and any mlg. At those tournaments they arent banned so its not really good preparation to ban something like that.
You really can't compare wobbling to any of the usual "infinites" or whatever. It's in a class of its own.

That said, I'm not in favor of banning it. I think a lot of people underestimate how difficult it can be to land a synched grab against a good player.

Elen

Smash Lord
Lol, it's amazing how easy it is to start a wobbling debate. Alright guys, we'll leave it legal :p No johns.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Also, wobbling gives me a convenient prejohn for when I lose to Ironchief.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
lol my cube is locked up at UMass, so I can't bring the cube/smash... curse the game room for closing early!!!

I'll either need someone to get me a ride home from this or get dropped off at the train before the tournie ends....

Oh, and Elen--I think dark cloud and I will need a ride from the station.

Kaburii

Smash Apprentice
lol my cube is locked up at UMass, so I can't bring the cube/smash... curse the game room for closing early!!!

I'll either need someone to get me a ride home from this or get dropped off at the train before the tournie ends....

I'll be needing a ride too~~Or we'll meet up together or something...

Atrion

Smash Apprentice

Thats sweet you guys have a gameroom. which Umass? im assuming boston.

Almo

Smash Ace
Scrub tournament FTW. Yeah green archer we should get some practice in early on in friendlies, because i haven't played any good people since MM4, and haven't played melee in 2 weeks. So go early...

Elen i would have brought a setup but kinda forgot i gave my cube away....yeah....

I'll be needing a teammate for this...i'll just do what i did last time and ask about 3 people.

No MM for me. But i do want rematches with elen and RSF. elen i just want 1 stock is all.....i need to do it.

See you all tomorrow at opening times.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTT!!!!!!! My mom just decided to ship me off to NY for the weekend, even though I told her weeks in advance about this. I have no idea if I'll be able to get out of it.

This sucks soooo bad. Someone give me a good excuse to stay in MA for the weekend.

Elen

Smash Lord
Gears mm *****es?

if you see this you have till 2 in the morning to give me a call or you have no ride.
GO PARL GO!

When Matt gets here I'll have a few updates for you guys.

So far, I have 3 people taking the commuter rail in the morning, and just Nuro later since OWM is getting a ride.

St Viers, Dark cloud, some random guy who called me today, and Nuro are the only ones I have down. If your taking the commuter rail, and not one of those people, tell me NOW.

TVs(Hoping for 16 still ;_; ) :
- Bluemage (most likely)
- Miso
- Elen (2 if you guys don't step it up)
- Banks
- RSF (2 now! Good ****)
- Skler
- Game Universe
- Psyko (1 or 2, still tentative)
- RI (at least 1, probably 2)

Cubes/Wiis:
- MattDotZeb
- RI
- Choping Board
- Elen
- St. Viers
- Questor
- Skler
- psykoplympton
- Game universe (3 I think)

Copies of SSBM:
- MattDotZeb
- Choping Board
- Elen
- Miso
- St. Viers
- Questor
- Skler
- psykoplympton
- widowmaker
- Game Universe (3)

Extension Cords:
- Banks
- OmegaWhiteMage
- Redsoxfan (courtesy of JHolla )

Power Strips:
- MattDotZeb
- RedSoxFan
- Elen
- Questor
- OmegaWhiteMage

VCRs/Other Recording Equipment: (optional)
- MattDotZeb
- Banks
- Redsoxfan (laptop)

Tapes: (need blank tapes)
- Elen

Elens Controller: (1/1)
- Redsoxfan

People Taking Commuter Rail:
- I need names and times for this ASAP.
- St. Viers
- Dark Cloud
- Random Guy
After the Sats.
- Nuro

AOI and Matt can't bring TV's now, so we still need more!

If anyone has any questions about directions, schedules, rules, or any other information, let me know now rather than later.

For those taking the commuter rail, the stores phone number as well as my own are listed on the first page, so you can just call on Saturday, but it would be nice if we knew how many runs were going to make at which times.

nuro

Smash Lord
Elen, there's a problem. The only train I can take to Framingham gets there at 3:15 pm. Please, make sure you push back single until like 3:40+ so i can at least get there and play some friendlies lol.

ChopingBoard

Smash Journeyman
no johns nuro. Push the tournament ahead lol!

And tom.. If by gears you mean guilty gear accent core. then yes...

If anyone has guilty gear accent core bring it so i can take over all of your faces in it

Almo

Smash Ace
SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTT!!!!!!! My mom just decided to ship me off to NY for the weekend, even though I told her weeks in advance about this. I have no idea if I'll be able to get out of it.

This sucks soooo bad. Someone give me a good excuse to stay in MA for the weekend.

Tell her you have yet to play almo for the scrub showdown. that sucks man, i was looking foward to playing you.

Elen

Smash Lord
Elen, there's a problem. The only train I can take to Framingham gets there at 3:15 pm. Please, make sure you push back single until like 3:40+ so i can at least get there and play some friendlies lol.
Alright Nuro, we will do our best to make sure your there before we begin. I'm not giving you time for friendlies though :p That's your punishment for being mattdotlate!

Also Chop, funny you mention that, cuz me and Dan are playing GGAC right now ;)

nuro

Smash Lord
Shiit!~

Also, I need a ride back lolol. oh and schoolsux might be tagging along with me on the commuter rail since he doesn't really know how to get there.

So anyone have room for 2 people in their car and are possibly heading back to at least somewhere where we don't have to pay for the commuter rail to get back to our places? Harvey said he could give us a ride if he comes but birdman is ftl sometimes lol.

I'll probably figure out something when I get there though so its no big deal.

RedSoxFan3

Smash Ace
This is the best argument I've ever heard.

Even with Wobbles, Climbers still get owned by Peach, Marth, and have a really hard time against Samus and a few other characters.

Top Bottom