• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Clerics Present: Mass Madness 5: Framingham, Screw the SATs! October 6th

ParlNock

Smash Apprentice
me and my bro can bring a 29 inch tv with cube n stuff, but we need a ride, we currently dont have a ride, so if anyone would like to chang that let me know

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
lol, matt, the goal is MORE than 24 hours. I'll technically get it for a full day. But I want more!

I just wanna go on a rampage this tournament, I'm gonna play as many people as I can, regardless of how I think I'll do. I just need to play this game... It's been too long for me without a tournament.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
lol almo and greene archer (questor): can I join your scrub fight? I'm pretty sure that I count as a scrub in this game...

screw falcon tourny--Doc tournie ftw. I'd have a chancec of maybe winning some games
B]

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
I'll play some Halo 3. Someone bring a 360 also.

But I'm prolly gonna suck, I've never played on live or against anyone other than my bro.

ChopingBoard

Smash Journeyman
hey tom.. did you include me into your car?

also shoul i bring a cube and a copy of the game?

I'm down for some halo 3 if anyone is bringing it

Elen

Smash Lord
cant get a ride so my two 29 inch tvs and 2 cubes cant come x.x
Didn't Tom just say he had some space?? Is Birdman going ;_; I'm not sure what other options you have, bringing TV's on the train is a trap.

Elen

Smash Lord
ill consider bringing my 360 and halo3
TRAP! Halo3 is banned. But honestly, the store will let us play halo3 if we want ^^ You've obviously never been here Blue ;)

Speaking of which, where is the trap :O Is he coming to this?

RedSoxFan3

Smash Ace
So yeah you can mark me down for 2 TVs, not just one.

Also be sure to mark me down for 1 power strip, 1 JHolla's extension cord, and 1 Elen's Controller. lawlz

Elen

Smash Lord
TVs(Hoping for 16 still ;_; ) :
- MattDotZeb
- Bluemage (most likely)
- Miso
- Elen (2 if you guys don't step it up)
- Banks
- RSF (2 now! Good ****)
- Skler
- Game Universe
- Psyko (1 or 2, still tentative)
- AOI
- RI (at least 1, probably 2)

Cubes/Wiis:
- MattDotZeb
- RI
- Choping Board
- Elen
- St. Viers
- Questor
- Skler
- psykoplympton
- Game universe (3 I think)

Copies of SSBM:
- MattDotZeb
- Choping Board
- Elen
- Miso
- St. Viers
- Questor
- Skler
- psykoplympton
- widowmaker
- Game Universe (3)

Extension Cords:
- Banks
- OmegaWhiteMage
- Redsoxfan (courtesy of JHolla ;))

Power Strips:
- MattDotZeb
- RedSoxFan
- Elen
- Questor
- OmegaWhiteMage

VCRs/Other Recording Equipment: (optional)
- MattDotZeb
- Banks
- Redsoxfan (laptop)

Tapes: (need blank tapes)
- Elen

Elens Controller: (1/1)
- Redsoxfan

People Taking Commuter Rail:
- I need names and times for this ASAP. All I remember off the top of my head is OWM around 11-11:30 and Nuro after his SAT's. Maybe one other guy, just PM me.

Alright, so we're basically all set for everything EXCEPT TV's(and maybe a cube+smash or 2)! If you can bring a TV, or are bringing a TV and are not on that list, let us know as soon as possible. We really need at least 6 or 7 more TV's to run this smoothly, 9 more would be preferable, so step it up guys.

If anyone has any questions about directions, schedules, rules, or any other information, let me know now rather than later.

For those taking the commuter rail, the stores phone number as well as my own are listed on the first page, so you can just call on Saturday, but it would be nice if we knew how many runs were going to make at which times.

Thanks in advance everyone, this ****'s gonna be too good. Step it up.
Just adding more setup spammage. Updated the list too ^.^

Were looking a lot better now, but a few more would still be preferable. Thanks guys.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I guess it's a little late to be discussing this, but I don't really see the point of having a restart and a strike if only neutral stages are available for striking.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Okay so, I don't really want to start a debate on Wobbling (because I know everyone loves debating Wobbling), but I just wanted some clarification...

- Wallbombing and Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery. Wobbles Infinite is allowed. Stalling a game with any of these tactics will result in a loss of the entire set.
Now, I know this is a copypasta from MST/LOBSTER rulesets. I remember typing it. What I want to know is...did you either...

1. Decide to change the rule from previous MMs to "Wobbling is allowed"
2. Wanted to keep the rule as "Wobbling is banned," but didn't see the bit about Wobbling from MST/LOBSTER.

Besides this post, the only time "Wobbling" or "Wobbles" even appears in this thread is in the rule I quoted.

Elen

Smash Lord
ZoSo+Dazwa, thanks for pointing those out. Wobbling IS BANNED. As for the restart/strike rule, I thought it was worded more to be that you can strike ANY stage, and restart once off random. In any case, when Matt gets home I'll at least reword it, or change it to make more sense. I don't think anyone is going to mind.

Objections :O?

RedSoxFan3

Smash Ace
Here's my two cents on the stage picking...

Restart rule should only be in effect if you can't ban one of the 6 stages for the first random match.

Stage Striking also applies here as well.

The fairest way imo, is to have either restart rule or stage striking for the first random match. Then after the first match, you declare what stages are banned for the remainder of the set.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
no ride to the train so i believe i shall not be here unless someone wants to pick me up on their way? Blue?

Aesir

Smash Master
ZoSo+Dazwa, thanks for pointing those out. Wobbling IS BANNED. As for the restart/strike rule, I thought it was worded more to be that you can strike ANY stage, and restart once off random. In any case, when Matt gets home I'll at least reword it, or change it to make more sense. I don't think anyone is going to mind.

Objections :O?
Dumb idea, infact I would go as far and to say this

Is a better idea.

Then again I don't care cause I don't even use IC nore am I going to this lol.

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
Banning wobbles is actually kind of gay. Even with it ice climbers arent a top tier character so I dont understand the point of limiting them in such a fashion. You might as well ban foxs infinites too and while your at it ban shiek and marths from chain grabbing because that is equally as gay and still pretty ****ing easy to do. Plus the way I see it tournaments like this are good warmups for the bigger tourneys like smashtyclsm and any mlg. At those tournaments they arent banned so its not really good preparation to ban something like that.

Top Bottom