• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ChunSoft Thread: Zero Escape Series & Banshee's Last Cry

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Lol you can say that again! I can't wait!

Here's the link that confirms most of this information. http://www.siliconera.com/2011/11/04/extreme-escape-adventure-the-cliffs-notes-explanation/ I don't know where some of the other stuff came from though. I copied it from another thread.

The new "twist" to the Ambidex game...
Here’s how the Ambidex Game works. Each player has a bangle attached to them and BP (presumably bangle points) increase and decrease. Only when your BP reaches nine you can escape, but if it reaches zero or lower you die. Just like Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors players travel in groups, pairs to be specific, and the twist is you can betray each other. Before a game begins players enter their bangle in a computer and select either "cooperate" or "betray" without their partner knowing. If both players select cooperate they each get two BP. If they both select betray nothing happens to their BP. If one person picks betray and the other decides to cooperate, the betrayed player loses two BP and the traitor gets three BP.
Sounds a lot more more complex than the Nonary game, but interesting at the same time.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I'm glad to see that they're putting a new twist on it instead of just using the same system for 999. I was kinda worried that was going to happen for the sequel.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
It must suck to be forced into participating in the Nonary Game all three times that it's happened.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
The only creepy part of the game, for me, was that
prison block of sorts.

The one with the mirror, sink, and all that dark jazz.

I guess it was just too dark for me to not expecting something to pop out of nowhere.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
It must suck to be forced into participating in the Nonary Game all three times that it's happened.
OMG you're right she's been in all 3 games not just two! Holy crap that sucks.

This leaves a lot of questions about the plot. Why did this "Zero the 3rd" choose Clover of all of the past Nonary Game participants? Will she reveal that she has been in the game TWO other times to the other participants? If no, then could this hint that Clover is in on this new Zero's plan? What kind of relationship does Clover have with Alice?

Those are just the main questions I have about Clover... Don't even get me started with Alice.

The game isn't even close to being out yet and I'm already anxious to unravel the plot... :urg:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Yeah, I remember reading the news confirming it was Clover earlier. I'm gonna try and avoid any other news about the story since I want the game to feel fresh, granted that they do localize it. Hopefully they do...

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
24 endings

I hope having this many endings doesn't take away form the quality of them. Remember everyone, quality > quantity.

I just have this bad feeling in my stomach that this game is either going to blow my mind or leave me feeling high disappointed. 999 was so good to me that my expectations for this game are far too high.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I imagine that many of them could be dead ends.

Though I'd be okay with that if they are really absurd, like getting eaten by a shark while in a hotel room. :3

Who knows how many of them will have something major, 999 only had two endings that actually mattered.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I imagine that many of them could be dead ends.

Though I'd be okay with that if they are really absurd, like getting eaten by a shark while in a hotel room. :3

Who knows how many of them will have something major, 999 only had two endings that actually mattered.
If not, I hope they're at least similar to 999's routes. Even if the endings didn't have any huge relevance at times, I liked how each route to the ending gave off different clues and stories. If the new game doesn't do that, I'll be a little disappointed.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
If not, I hope they're at least similar to 999's routes. Even if the endings didn't have any huge relevance at times, I liked how each route to the ending gave off different clues and stories. If the new game doesn't do that, I'll be a little disappointed.
I agree with all of this. Each ending in 999 gave a specific piece to the puzzle to figure out what was going on, so each ending (minus that one ending that was just the True ending cut short) had some sort of relevance. With 24 endings, I feel like a good potion of them won't be like that... just random endings for the sake of having 24 endings, which sucks imo.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i started playing this after finally getting a copy

my sessions are limited to past midnight - 6am and it is really, really creepy

i had to take a long drink of water after coming across the
torture room puzzle

Top Bottom