• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ChunSoft Thread: Zero Escape Series & Banshee's Last Cry

Sorry for the double post but this was worth the notification.

I just finished playing Remember11 and there's something that anyone who wants to play Remember11 should know before playing.

The game is an unfinished work that ends in two cliffhangers. Although there are enough details in the story and the in-game TIPS menu to figure out some of the mysteries, it is a lot to collect and go through, and wrapping your head around all the mysteries is very stressful. A lot of people are very turned off by this and end up not liking the game.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Well, after going through Ever17 3 times from 2 POVs and getting 2 endings (the same one twice on one side)...I'm totally stuck and have no idea where to go from here.

The ones I got were:

Ending 4 "Tsugumi-Sora Ver. Bad End" (Takeshi POV, which I went through twice and wound up with the same ending twice) and Ending 5 "You Ver. Good End" (Kid POV)

Last edited:
@ LivewiresXe LivewiresXe

I'll give you some tips. If you're playing as Kid, you're locked into only getting You's and Sara's ending. If you're playing as Takeshi, you can only unlock Sora's and Tsugumi's ending. This game plays like a dating sim, so only focus on talking to one waifu per playthrough.

Tsugumi's ending is probably the toughest one to get, while Sora's is probably the easiest. Or Sara's. They're not that difficult. I actually went through the same exact thing as you did and it was very frustrating.

If I'm not mistaken, the game comes with a walkthrough in one of the folders. You should consult it.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Well, finally got another ending and I've gotta say...

Whose bright idea was it to call Tsugumi's ending a "good" ending, anyway? Lol.

What you think of the story so far? I want to hear your theories as to what's going on!

I want to make fun of you and your silly conspiracy theories, that's why I want to know. :seuss:

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Hm, well...I think the story is pretty good so far, though it does admittedly seem to drag at times and having things be based more on a point system instead of how I'm used to things being from 999 and Virtue's Last Reward kind of takes some getting used to. There's also that I have to say while the fast forward option is welcome, I kind of find myself sometimes tired of just re-going through the same things again and again.

As for theories, well...

I get the feeling You/Yu/too long name to remember is either a clone, or was kept in some sort of suspended animation or cryo sleep or something like that, but I'm not sure. How every ending still shows a "1" for the remaining life reading in LeMu always seems like it would obviously be whoever of Coco/Sara you don't encounter on your route, but since Coco has Pipi with her and it should TECHNICALLY be "2" in Kid's route because of that, I suspect it's not that simple. Even though the explanation in Tsugumi's route about why the alarm went and the flooding and all that made sense, I get the feeling that, much like the story of You's parents, there's a bunch more to it.

Also, I'm not sure if I got the "You Ending Epilogue" or not, even though I got the "You Good Ending" so I'll have to go through it again later.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I think I'm within the rules of double posting by posting again to say I got another ending.

(obvious spoilers for all my previous spoiler tag discussion stuff)
This one was the "Sora Good Ending", though by this point I'm convinced Takeshi is a freaking suicidal idiot and I'm questioning if an ending from his POV where he DOESN'T die even exists.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
(bump)

Highly doubt anyone cares but I'm currently doing a full play-through of 999 and then VLR afterwards since its been a while. I've realized these games are the only pieces of fiction I can read multiple times through without getting tired of them. Can't say the same for Ever17, however. There's only so many times I can play "kick the can" without going insane. xD

Experiencing 999's magic again has been bittersweet knowing that the series won't be concluded in the near future. :(

I would play 999/VLR again but then I wouldn't be able to contain myself from theorycrafting obsessively about the next game again.

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Does anybody have an recommendations for games like Zero Escape or Dangan Ronpa? More specifically when a group of characters are placed in a setting they don't know about.

@ KayB KayB Ever17 is a visual novel about a couple of teens getting trapped in an underwater theme park after a mysterious accident floods all the exits, and it's written by the same guy who did Zero Escape.

Last edited:

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I don't think there are many games quite like Zero Escape and Dangan Ronpa.

You could try Hotel Dusk, Trace Memory, and maybe Theresia. They are all for the DS.

@ KayB KayB Ever17 is the second game in the Infinity series. They take place in the same universe, but they're not related beyond that.

Never7 is the first game, and it's about a boy who has a dream about an unknown person dying, but finds out that the events in his dreams are similar to events that are happening in real life. It's a good game but it's not what you asked for so I didn't recommend it.

Remember11 is the third game. It's about a girl who is stuck in an old cabin during a blizzard in 2011 while also experiencing a body-swapping phenomena with a man from 2012 in a mental institution. I would recommend this game but it's incomplete, and will probably never be finished.

Last edited:

LinkSword93

Smash Cadet
NNID
Umdytr
3DS FC
3668-9197-4509
I just came here to say that I'm almost done playing Virtue's Last Reward and that

Luna's END

has left me feeling devastated and I won't be able to wrap up the game until tomorrow.

This game is just great. I loved 999, of course, but I feel as though they've bested themselves in this sequel, not only in complexity and scope of the story but in many other aspects as well. I will reserve final judgement until I'm done 100% and after letting it all sink in. In the meantime I can only say that I'm really glad I got to play this gem.

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
That end definitely made me cry.

Prepare your mind for a real corn-holing from the ending.

What's wrong with theorizing? :D
The theories are absurd and overly complex and it's hard to wrap my brain around all the loose ends and then I start to get anxious because ZE3 isn't here but then I can't stop theorizing and then I start thinking about Clover and then I go crazy and that's bad!!!

Last edited:

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
We can say the theories are really complex and stuff but...when you get down to it, a lot of stuff in 999 and VLR is actually pretty complex to begin with, so...

Top Bottom