• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ChunSoft Thread: Zero Escape Series & Banshee's Last Cry

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I wonder who killed Snake? I know it couldn't be June, Jumpy or Clover so it has to be either Lotus, Seven, Ace or Santa. I'm willing to bet it was Santa and Seven who pushed him into the door and left him to die...:urg:

This game has done a successful job in making me care about the characters and what happens to them during the game...R.I.P. Snake...

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I suddenly have a greater appreciation of this game thanks to F8AL making me realize that I can write things in spoiler tags and still be hiding crucial information.

For example,
Snake's death, the only possibilities for how he got trapped in that room, and his killer(s) are really important

Also, I'm definitely looking forward to the 999 successor featuring Nemesis from Resident Evil, All-Ice from 999, Youmu Konpaku from Touhou Project, T.K. from Digimon, Irving Onegin from Time Hollow, and Yoko from Guren Lagann.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I got the bad ending where Clover (STUPID *****!!!) kills Seven, Santa and June...and then you with that axe and escapes...WHYYYYYY!!!! :(((((((((

I feel horrible now.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
lol Axe ending was freaky. My first ending was
Sub ending
. Everyone seems to get Axe ending first usually.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I got Sub second.

I think the reason that I got Axe first was because I tried to go with June every time we went through a door together. :p

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I remember feeling so bad when I decided to
ditch some of the others so I could go in the same door as June. I was going to restart but then I saw Snake's body. I didn't go with June in the first door though.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
lol Axe ending was freaky. My first ending was
Sub ending
. Everyone seems to get Axe ending first usually.
I got that ending first too. I didn't know what to think but 'WHY!?'

Then I got the Axe ending. Personally, the
Sub ending
got me the most, because it seemed
I was almost out of there, but was cut short

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Too bad the sub wouldn't have gotten you anywhere, anyway. This ain't Ever17

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I have a question about the
Sub
ending for anyone that has the answer (playing through the game again).

I remember Ace being the main culprit behind most of the killings but how could it have possibly been him killing Junpei at the end when he was also killed? Did he somehow fake his death?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Sub

I remember Ace being the main culprit behind most of the killings but how could it have possibly been him killing Junpei at the end when he was also killed? Did he somehow fake his death?
I think that one was explained in that he was actually killed by Zero/June, because he done ****ed up and failed to take the right paths. Not certain on this.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Sub

I think the answer was that
he faked his death. Junpei never checked on Ace to see if he really was dead, he only check on Lotus.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
That was my other guess. It's been a while, and now I'm tempted to actually replay the game. :O

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I'm definitely looking forward to the 999 successor featuring Nemesis from Resident Evil, All-Ice from 999, Youmu Konpaku from Touhou Project, T.K. from Digimon, Irving Onegin from Time Hollow, and Yoko from Guren Lagann.
I just laughed when I first read this but I played through 999 again today and I realized lady really does resemble All-Ice quite a bit... Almost too much. o.0 Can't find a picture of All-Ice on Google for a comparison, unfortunately.

Why does the majority of the new cast resemble past 999 characters? A bit frustrating tbh.

This sequel better do the original justice!

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Awww I'm so late to this thread freakin dammit. :(

Really loved this game, it was some really intense stuff.

I never found the puzzles all that difficult but door 6 iirc had the worst freakin puzzles omg. The one with the electrode puzzle made me rage so hard. >;[

Like Minato my first ending was the
submarine one!... I think I got it then the axe one.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Okay, so I'm finally playing this game again after I got
the dreaded axe ending over a month ago.

Clover better have a good excuse/reason for doing that. :mad:

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Has anyone here every played Ever17?

I've read reviews on it and apparently it has an even better story than 999 does (hard for me to believe).

Can anyone confirm this?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Did you get another ending yet?
No, I'm about to go through door 7 in the large hospital room. I already tried door 3 and that room freaks me out.

Really, F8AL, you HAVE to keep going.

The story WILL get better and better after... 2 or 3 of the several endings. NOT depressing. You'll come to understand everything by the end.
I don't think my heart can take another 'bad' ending. :urg:

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I should stop playing 999 in the dark/night time. It makes it even worse with the music and descriptions. :urg:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Has anyone here every played Ever17?

I've read reviews on it and apparently it has an even better story than 999 does (hard for me to believe).

Can anyone confirm this?
I haven't played it yet, but my friend likes it a lot. He didn't feel disappointed at the story after playing 999.
It's rated higher on vndb.org too compared to 999.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
999 had an excellent soundtrack. I'll list and link my favorites since I'm bored af right now:

Eternitybox - This is the LAST song I want to hear if I'm ever on a ship. One of the creepiest songs in the game in my opinion, and this is the song that always comes to mind whenever I think of the Gigantic.

Quietus - Haha I'll never forget how much of an impact my first ending (the
Axe Ending
) had on me thanks to the pure shock of that particular ending combined with hearing this particularly creepy tune at 3:00 a.m. with all of the lights off. This theme haunted me for the rest of the night and resulted in me having to sleep with the lights and TV on. After that night I was admittedly a bit too afraid to pick up the game again for a few days in fear of scaring myself ****less again. :urg: Great theme and a great ending, indeed.

Morphogenetic Sorrow - Obviously the best and most memorable song in the game but unfortunately I can't go into detail about why it is without spoiling the main twist of 999.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
999 had an excellent soundtrack. I'll list and link my favorites since I'm bored af right now:

Eternitybox - This is the LAST song I want to hear if I'm ever on a ship. One of the creepiest songs in the game in my opinion, and this is the song that always comes to mind whenever I think of the Gigantic.

Quietus - Haha I'll never forget how much of an impact my first ending (the
Axe Ending
) had on me thanks to the pure shock of that particular ending combined with hearing this particularly creepy tune at 3:00 a.m. with all of the lights off. This theme haunted me for the rest of the night and resulted in me having to sleep with the lights and TV on. After that night I was admittedly a bit too afraid to pick up the game again for a few days in fear of scaring myself ****less again. :urg: Great theme and a great ending, indeed.

Morphogenetic Sorrow - Obviously the best and most memorable song in the game but unfortunately I can't go into detail about why it is without spoiling the main twist of 999.
*Clicks on the 2nd link*

*Hears it for 5 seconds*

*Closes the window*

THANKS, TRG! It took me an entire month to regain the confidence to play the game again after getting that ending...:mad:

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I haven't played it yet, but my friend likes it a lot. He didn't feel disappointed at the story after playing 999.
It's rated higher on vndb.org too compared to 999.
Wow I REALLY want to play this game now! I don't think there are any English copies left being sold though if my knowledge is correct.

999 may have been the first visual novel adventure game I've ever played but just the thought of a game having an even better story than it immediately sparks my interest in said game, because I personally though 999 was a story that couldn't be topped. Apparently I'm wrong... I NEED to play this game. :(

*Clicks on the 2nd link*

*Hears it for 5 seconds*

*Closes the window*

THANKS, TRG! It took me an entire month to regain the confidence to play the game again after getting that ending...:mad:
Lol trust me I felt your pain dude. After I finished that ending I felt like a little kid again from the amount of paranoia I was dealing with. Just keep playing though. The True ending is totally worth it!

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I'll step in to agree that 999's soundtrack is really friggin' good. I don't really like eternitybox so much, though it is good for the mood. I actually think Senary Game was really great. This song's sudden like bursts of sounds like someone screaming and arrow-shot sounds that kind of makes me think of a trap,
combined with it playing in the god damn torture room
had me on edge and I had to just put the game down for a while and breathe in the middle of that room.

My first ending was
the stupid fake coffin ending
and Quietus STILL made that... I don't even know the word. Shock? Creepiness? Desire to understand what in the world to going on? I don't know but it was pretty intense. I also love trains.

And naturally Morphogenetic Sorrow doesn't even need an explanation.
The only song that could make a friggin sudoku puzzle feel important

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Big news guys! Remember the picture of the new cast in the 999 sequel? Well it's confirmed that the pink haired girl is indeed Clover and the black lady is Alice (ALL-ICE) just as we expected!

New character descriptions-
Dio (the man on the very right) is a self-righteous troublemaker. He has a rude way of talking and apparently a soft spot. Dio appears to have picked up a stray kitten on a rainy day.

Tenmyouji (old man) is a stubborn old man and the sole survivor of a murder. He used to work at a research facility that was building a probe to explore Mars where the incident took place. It appears there is a connection between the Ambidex Game and his past work.

K (the robot) lost his memory and doesn’t know his real name or age. He’s always logical and has a robot-like personality.

Yotsuba (Clover!!) has a wild personality and has been involved in a similar situation twice before. She also knows Alice from the Nevada desert.

Quark (little boy) is a ten year old boy with an innocent nature who may be infected with a virus. Even though he is not related to Tenmyouji he sticks with him.

Luna (woman on the very left) is a twenty year old woman. She has a pacifist personality and holds a physicians license.

Alice (ALL-ICE!!) has a body made of "ICE9"…

Zero the Third (the rabbit??) is the game master will penalize players
What do you guys think?? Alice goes from being this mysterious figure in the first game to an actual character in the sequel, Clover is back in the Nonary Game for the second time, we have another large man with amnesia, and Zero the third?? It looks like the story is finally starting to take its shape!

Top Bottom