• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Christmas/New Year Update

shipoffools

Smash Journeyman
if anything christmas eve will be a big update, thats one month until the game is released in japan. wowzaaaaa!

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Hey guys, today's the 187th update! That must mean something big is coming!!!

And Christmas Eve too, because it's the 7 month and 2 day anniversary of the Dojo launching its updates....

47drift

Smash Journeyman
I hope it's an awesome update that will just put everyone in shock.
I'm hoping for literal electric shock. How great would that be?

*Refresh the page* "Oh, that's neat... How to play... Getting shocked? I wonder wha--" KRRRRZZZZZZZZZZZZZTTTT

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
We never get anything significant on a specific date unless it corresponds with a convention or press conference of some sort. Christmas is not nearly as big in Japan as it is here so we'll most likely get nothing special. As for New Year's Day, it's still just a holiday, which we've learned from countless updates means absolutely nothing.

ricydafrog

Smash Journeyman
don't think it's gonna happen
if u r 100% sure and ur wrong we can never believe you again cause u just lost ur entire rep.

Wing-Zero

Smash Apprentice
dude ! its christmas i think they should have no update and take a well disereved break because everyone needsa break and they might want to be with their families , but i can always prey for MEGAMAN.

KrystalRules

Smash Lord
dude ! its christmas i think they should have no update and take a well disereved break because everyone needsa break and they might want to be with their families , but i can always prey for MEGAMAN.
Christmas is only 5 days away!!!!! that is only 5 days 'til some people either get let down again or get their wishes of a great update for Christmas!

super-7

Smash Journeyman
christmas wont be big, look at halloween.
all we got was a stage with a pumpkin in one
of the pics, we will probably just get
a picture with santa or something like that!

M.K

Level 55
Yes, but Halloween...it's just not that HUGE of a deal. Christmas is the freaking birth of Jesus, Halloween is an excuse to dress up.

super-7

Smash Journeyman
i can see new years a big update because everyone celebrates it
but not everyone celebrates christmas
so i predict a hidden clip having something to do
with christmas but nothing big.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
christmas wont be big, look at halloween.
all we got was a stage with a pumpkin in one
of the pics, we will probably just get
a picture with santa or something like that!
personally I view stages as a good update

Zeta_Stryker

Smash Rookie
i agree with u, i love when they announce stages.
But, there not what everyone calls the biggest update.
Sakurai can do better then just a stage.
Well, he just doesn't create a stage based on a beloved game for nothing. And you should know that by now that there's at least several things happening at once at some stages.

Take Norfair for instance. Your characters are constantly on the run when they fight. Because the lava erupts from both sides, from the background (resulting in a fire wall) splashing down on the fighters and from underneath.

The recent stage; Orpheon also reflects this. When your characters fight. The stage also moves as well. Which you hear that warning and then suddenly the stage flips 180 degrees.

Well, lately. These stages have become safety hazards. When they suddenly shift and move. Like with Delfino Plaza. The platform continues to fly around the plaza, depositing fighters in various areas.

The Director

Smash Lord
Well, he just doesn't create a stage based on a beloved game for nothing.
LOLOLOLOL I don't want to sound like a **** or anything, but is Ice Climbers really a beloved game? I mean, who honestly heard about them before Melee?

But I get what you're saying. Stage updates are pretty good compared to others you could get.

OmegaShinryuu

Smash Rookie
LOLOLOLOL I don't want to sound like a **** or anything, but is Ice Climbers really a beloved game? I mean, who honestly heard about them before Melee?

But I get what you're saying. Stage updates are pretty good compared to others you could get.
I played ice climber as a child, along with super mario 1, 2, 3.
The game is annoying though.

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
You've really gotta stop setting yourself, and the exciteable n00bs, up for disappointment, Koskinator.

I'm quite sure we'll get something on the Dojo for Christmas, yes. Will it be any more than Sakurai's festive wishes? I doubt it.

Top Bottom