• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Christmas/New Year Update

kunai_abuser

Smash Journeyman
I don't think it's too bad, at least something we didn't know about was included, unlike the Dec. 3rd update. I'm personally happy with this update, it could have been MUCH worse.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
ULTIMATE LOLZORZ

Regular update as usual. Once again, THERE ARE NO SUCH THING AS SPECIAL DATES FOR UPDATES.
Yes! Someone besides me doesn't believe in such thing. I swear, people are looking too much for to special updates, it's ridiculous.

To people who are complaining about today's update: Quit wasting your Christmas by complaining over for an INFORMATIONAL SITE UPDATE! Go and enjoy your presents, that's something you should look forward to more. Seriously, enjoy Christmas.

*goes to play with his presents*

The Director

Smash Lord
Quit wasting your Christmas by complaining over for an INFORMATIONAL SITE UPDATE! Go and enjoy your presents, that's something you should look forward to more.
Unfortunately, this Christmas will be like any other day for me. I have to go to work. :(

Still nice to get a double update, tho. It is Tuesday after all. (gimmie a hoo-ha 2x tuesday!)

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Ladies and Gentlemen, i have a theory. These updates we've been getting lately, garbage. You want to know why? Christmas. Sakurai needs a megaton for christmas so he's been saving it since stage creator. I believe on christmas day we will get a character. I can 100% guarentee it. Watch it happen fellows smashers.
Well, I'm sure you're dissapointed. Instead of giving us a newcomer, he gave us Sonic's Final Smash, something the majority already knows about, and a good music update. He's really messing with us now.

Ojanya

Smash Ace
This puts a whole new meaning in "Ho Ho Ho."

(Seriously, I don't know what I'm talking about)

Merry Christmas.

The Kirby Kong

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, you guys are so spoiled and pathetic. All you can think of is yourself.

Did you honestly expect a huge christmas update, even though Sakurai and the whole company doesn't even celebrate christmas?

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I

i8waffles612

Not suprised.

Super sonic....shouldve known...shouldve known... lol

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
Even after all of these letdowns, I'm still willing to bet that New Years Eve/New Years Day will be a megaton. I mean, it's celebrated all across the world, so it's not like it's just a region-specific holliday. Well, except in China.

I

i8waffles612

But I do think there will be a big New Years Update, because Im pretty sure thats celebrated world wide?

Onichi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
OniXiion
I wouldn't say this is a total let down. Everyone on these forums has been begging to have that updated and out of the way. Plus I do agree, the Angel Island remix is nostalgia filled awesome-sause.

At the very least that is one needed update down for the count.

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
Well, I happen to think today's update is meant to be christmas related, since it's a double update with one of the most anticipated characters in Smash Brothers so far, if not THE most anticipated character. There's even buckets of nostalgia with the music update, and maybe the Super Sonic update too if you didn't know about him.

Now, I'd say New Year's is a pretty plausible update to look forward too, since Japan, America and Europe all celebrate it in the same time, and January will also hopefully be the month of release in Japan as well, so we might see some more good updates trickle out at the last minute!

M.K

Level 55
This music actually reminds me of Metal Harbor Music from SA2B. I've never played this game, but I ABSOLUTELY feel blasted with Sonic-e-ness...?

The Director

Smash Lord
I'm still willing to bet that New Years Eve/New Years Day will be a megaton.
You and all the other people who believe so need to line up next to eachother so I can run down the line with my arm outstretched to slap you all in the face.

But then again, if you're really willing to bet I'd gladly take your money.

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
Even after all of these letdowns, I'm still willing to bet that New Years Eve/New Years Day will be a megaton.
The New Years update will be big.
But I do think there will be a big New Years Update, because Im pretty sure thats celebrated world wide?
Smashboards, you are quite possibly the biggest collection of thick-headed people I've ever seen.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Even after all of these letdowns, I'm still willing to bet that New Years Eve/New Years Day will be a megaton. I mean, it's celebrated all across the world, so it's not like it's just a region-specific holliday. Well, except in China.
China celebrates New Years Day in Feburary.

M.K

Level 55
How the heck are we supposed to NOT know. I mean, it doesn't even matter if you haven't seen ANY youtube videos, it was in the "Sonic Joins the Brawl" Video. Seriously, get with the picture. It's Meta-Knights: Special Moves all over again.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
New Years.... I have more hope for New Years than all the other updates. Dec 3? Wasn't that pumped for it. Christmas? No.... but New Years is different. New Years is bigger than Christmas in Japan. They even give gifts in New Years, while some people may only give chocolates or baked goods in Christmas. New Years could be big because it is, essentially, the Japanese Christmas.

Still not gonna hold out for it though.

Zek

Smash Ace
New Year's is a bigger holiday in Japan than Christmas is, as I understand it. I still think it's silly to get your hopes up for this though. You guys should learn a lesson from this thread.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Sounds like BS to me, dates mean nothing to Sakurai, otherwise Dec 3rd and 25th's updates wouldn't have been so bland.

Top Bottom