• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Chat Waker - Toon Link social

TDF_Lewis

Smash Cadet
NNID
TDF_Lewis
3DS FC
4613-7345-1015
Oh and I was going to ask. Did anyone on this thread go to Apex? If so were there any stand-out Toon Link mains?

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Topic shift! How is everyone? =3
Other than having two feet of snow outside as well as my left arm being sore, I suppose I'm fine.

Username: BrianXLink
-Main: :4tlink:
-Secondaries: :4villager:,:4wario:,:4zss:
-Favorite Toon Link Costume: Dark
-Dislikes: When I get my butt whooped in For Glory...
-Other Facts: Really want to get better at Smash. Add me!
Welcome to the TL boards, and Smashboards since you joined today. I'll be happy to play you sometime. If I get through homework fast enough and if everything works out I might be open tonight. Maybe.

BrianXLink

Smash Rookie
Other than having two feet of snow outside as well as my left arm being sore, I suppose I'm fine.

Welcome to the TL boards, and Smashboards since you joined today. I'll be happy to play you sometime. If I get through homework fast enough and if everything works out I might be open tonight. Maybe.
Sounds good! I feel your pain about homework.. As a married/working/electrical engineering student I don't have a lot of time for video games. If I had a choice playing smash/Metroid trilogy till I pass out would be the most preferred way to spend my day.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Username: BrianXLink
-Main: :4tlink:
-Secondaries: :4villager:,:4wario:,:4zss:
-Favorite Toon Link Costume: Dark
-Dislikes: When I get my butt whooped in For Glory...
-Other Facts: Really want to get better at Smash. Add me!
Welcome! My friend!

To Isengard! XD

No seriously, welcome, you will have fun here

MasterIzumi

Smash Rookie
I was at an anime con instead of Apex. much cheaper to get to, and Im more able to win money off them lol. Not to say Im bad, but I dont play enough to know TAs in this game yet. I just ride my ability to read people. Made $20 at the convention in profit. The tourney didnt have money.

ThatNintendoDude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
THATNINTEND0DUDE
3DS FC
3437-3553-0356
So I might be going to a tournament in about a month that allows custom moves. I haven't really experimented with TL's customs, and not sure I want to switch my playstyle up completely by using them, but what are some good custom sets to run? The only one I can think I would use might be Fire Arrow instead of regular bow. Does it frame trap if it hits an opponent or the walk into it, or just cause damage? I don't want to mix up Boomerang and Bombs, because I use them for kill set ups, and don't want to mix up Up + B, because I use it for roll punishes (often too much...need to get better at that).

D

Deleted member

"Last post [in this forum]: Yesterday at 12:30 PM"
Holy crap. What the hell happened to this place?

Sorry I haven't been able to update the OP, guys. Ever since my laptop's issues started getting really bad I haven't really been able to post here since the only other thing I have for internet is a cell phone, and trying to post on this site from a cell phone is painful. I heard it was bad, but didn't think it could really be that bad. Unfortunately, things haven't been going well with my laptop, so expect profile updates in the OP to take a long time. That said, I still can't update the OP because the computer I'm on somehow lacks the ability to paste what's in the clipboard.

@ The Merc The Merc I asked around, but no one I asked went to Apex or knew of any TL mains who went. Which I guess isn't really surprising, since it seems like a good chunk of TL mains live in Europe or Japan, and a lot of the rest in the Southwestern US, so it would've been a very long trip. Why is it that TL seems to be so much more popular outside of the US, anyway? I can understand Japan since they say they really like cute things a lot more there, and TL is the most adorable character in Smash 4, but him seeming to be so much more popular in Europe surprises me.
But yeah, back on topic, I'll probably be going to Evo at least, and Jash talked about the possibility of him going, too.

Speaking of Evo, anyone else planning on going?

@ ThatNintendoDude ThatNintendoDude , your question belongs in the Q&A thread. Post it there instead and people are going to be more likely to try to answer your question.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
@ The Merc The Merc I asked around, but no one I asked went to Apex or knew of any TL mains who went. Which I guess isn't really surprising, since it seems like a good chunk of TL mains live in Europe or Japan, and a lot of the rest in the Southwestern US, so it would've been a very long trip. Why is it that TL seems to be so much more popular outside of the US, anyway? I can understand Japan since they say they really like cute things a lot more there, and TL is the most adorable character in Smash 4, but him seeming to be so much more popular in Europe surprises me.
But yeah, back on topic, I'll probably be going to Evo at least, and Jash talked about the possibility of him going, too.

NOOOOOOOOOO! Dam it America, why must you hate cute things?! Why?!

CURRY

Smash Journeyman
Wow... I might actually do that...
A bomb hard-thrown up, right?
That's a lot of damage to eat, considering that it's unecessary... but it could make taunts like that significantly safer lol.
I remember the IASA frame for that taunt being pretty early in Brawl, though-- is it the same in Smash 4? (could you shield instead?)

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I think I took taunting to a different level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnUFp7Fou8w
Every time I versus a cup, I do this taunt, but I manage to get out of the way in time.
Wow... I might actually do that...
A bomb hard-thrown up, right?
That's a lot of damage to eat, considering that it's unecessary... but it could make taunts like that significantly safer lol.
I remember the IASA frame for that taunt being pretty early in Brawl, though-- is it the same in Smash 4? (could you shield instead?)
Speaking of ISAS frames, you know that Tink as got some on his bait and there not to bad. Basically half a the moves landing lag.

slashglp

Smash Rookie
Every time I versus a cup, I do this taunt, but I manage to get out of the way in time.

Speaking of ISAS frames, you know that Tink as got some on his bait and there not to bad. Basically half a the moves landing lag.
I kind of automatically got a bomb out and chucked it up, then thought ah man I forgot to taunt (because I'd beaten him the last game he got salty and changed his name to MOREARROWS)

D

Deleted member

Well, it looks like I may have found a solution to my problem with posting from a phone. I decided to try downloading a ton of random browsers to see if that would fix the problem, even though I felt pretty sure it was a problem with phones and this site and wouldn't be fixed by using a different browser. Surprisingly, using CM Browser instead of one of my normal browsers got the site to work. *knocks on wood*

Anyway, so now that I can edit the OP from my phone, I added the one profile I saw posted, and made two changes. The first change is that I put the profiles into a spoiler because the profile thing was getting too long and making the page lag. Glitch Boards added a second spoiler tag, so if anyone knows how to get rid of the second spoiler tag so there's only one, please tell me. As for the second change, I put the names of pictures (character and stage pictures, etc.) in front of the pictures for cases like people having images blocked or using a screen reader. Hopefully no one minds either changes.

I think I took taunting to a different level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnUFp7Fou8w
There should be a name for this, lol. I would say "taunt cancelling", but that'd already a name for a very different thing in Smash 64.

Speaking of taunt cancelling, it's too bad that taunt cancelling glitch isn't still around. I love taunt cancelling all over the place in 64, and taunt cancelling with TL's utaunt and dtaunt would be pretty fun. It would probably make me second Captain Falcon again, lol. Taunt cancelling Sonic's old "You're too slow!" taunt from Brawl would be pretty amazing, too.

Last edited by a moderator:

KaosBombix

Smash Rookie
-Username: KaosBombix
-Main: Toon Link
-Secondaries: Diddy Kong, ROB, Mario
-Favorite Toon Link Costume: the first because I never change his color
-Dislikes: Hmm... I don't know.
-Other Facts: I live in France. I can Speak French and English/Spanish a bit. I would like to join this chat group because I would like to get better. I found american TL vidéos but I never found good TL in vidéo... My TL isn't really bad but I know I have to learn a lots of things.

CURRY

Smash Journeyman
I've had my grab+jump dpad since Brawl for grab breaks... and apparently spinning the analog = one input per angle, which is faster, but I don't really feel it. :p So taunting isn't something I do...
Also, I PERSONALLY find mashing the dpad + the X/Y/A/B buttons at the same time the fastest way to mash out of stuff, at least in Smash 4. I don't think I spin the analog skillfully enough.
So yeah, I dunno. I kinda want my taunts back. But it's also not very safe if you accidentally mash X/Y/A/B when you're outside of grab break...
Also, you cover every option when you charge an arrow at a person lying on the ground. Kinda. Our arrows are really slow, lol.
Is that a thing with Link?
Edit, that was barely applicable. I can never really pull it off.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So apparently there's supposed to be a new LoZ show. That's all I've heard about it, though. Has anyone heard anything else about it? I wish it would be in toon style but I highly doubt it lol. I imagine it's probably based on the Wii U LoZ.

-Username: KaosBombix
-Main: Toon Link
-Secondaries: Diddy Kong, ROB, Mario
-Favorite Toon Link Costume: the first because I never change his color
-Dislikes: Hmm... I don't know.
-Other Facts: I live in France. I can Speak French and English/Spanish a bit. I would like to join this chat group because I would like to get better. I found american TL vidéos but I never found good TL in vidéo... My TL isn't really bad but I know I have to learn a lots of things.
By "chat group", do you mean the Skype group? If so, either send Cyrene (pallyjames) a friend request or post your Skype username here.

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
So apparently there's supposed to be a new LoZ show. That's all I've heard about it, though. Has anyone heard anything else about it? I wish it would be in toon style but I highly doubt it lol. I imagine it's probably based on the Wii U LoZ.

By "chat group", do you mean the Skype group? If so, either send Cyrene (pallyjames) a friend request or post your Skype username here.
Yeah, heard about it. As long as they don't mess it up I'm fine. I hope for either based on WW or OoT, maybe Spirit Tracks, but probably not. I silently hope for an Earthbound show to be announced, but... There's like less than a 1% chance that's going to fly, especially since I and many other Earthbound fans are still waiting for Mother 3 to be released worldwide.

EarthRyno

Smash Cadet
NNID
EarthRyno
3DS FC
1521-4637-2514
-Username: EarthRyno
-Main: Yoshi and Toon Link
-Secondaries: Luigi and Villager (Captain Lolcan for fun)
-Favorite Toon Link Costume: Default please :) I do like the throwback skin though. Is nice.
-Likes: Theatre, Sculpting, Woodworking, Stone Carving, Metalsmithing, and platforms
-Dislikes: For Glory
-Other Facts: I travel a lot for my work, so, as much as I want to get as involved as possible and play this game with everyone, I'm probably going to have periods when I seem dead. :( I'll be back though. :)

Hey everyone! I'm tired of lerking and really want to try to get involved with this community, and get better with this character. :) I'd love to get more acquainted with everyone here and play with anyone that's up to it. :D Add me on 3DS :D

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I kind of automatically got a bomb out and chucked it up, then thought ah man I forgot to taunt (because I'd beaten him the last game he got salty and changed his name to MOREARROWS)
PFFFFFFFFFFFF, HAHAHA, oh he sounds like the sorest loser.

Yeah, heard about it. As long as they don't mess it up I'm fine. I hope for either based on WW or OoT, maybe Spirit Tracks, but probably not. I silently hope for an Earthbound show to be announced, but... There's like less than a 1% chance that's going to fly, especially since I and many other Earthbound fans are still waiting for Mother 3 to be released worldwide.
Hm, that is neew info to me. I actually hope it is about the after math of MM mask, Like did Y.Link ever find Navi and what happened to him. And gods, I too hope they do stuff it up like another zelda tv show when now :glare:.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Hello Children!
Just Uncle Ganny here to play!
So yes you little scrubs that are children, you can learn to fight like real men with Ganondorf, and his new partner in arms, Link!
You can hide behind your little Mommies, or your Grandmas, but that doesn't make up for the fact that they will soon be dead!
BAHAHAHAHA!
So, learn to swim properly, because you vile infants are just as vulnerable as miniblins! Go back to your "Great Sea" to hide in your cowardice!
So go run and cry little kids. Real men are coming to this town!

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
NO. I am too late!
Hello Children!
Just Uncle Ganny here to play!
So yes you little scrubs that are children, you can learn to fight like real men with Ganondorf, and his new partner in arms, Link!
You can hide behind your little Mommies, or your Grandmas, but that doesn't make up for the fact that they will soon be dead!
BAHAHAHAHA!
So, learn to swim properly, because you vile infants are just as vulnerable as miniblins! Go back to your "Great Sea" to hide in your cowardice!
So go run and cry little kids. Real men are coming to this town!
Have at the, villian, come face me so that I may smite the with thy Levin SWORD!!!

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Have at the, villian, come face me so that I may smite the with thy Levin SWORD!!!
Looks like the kid is so unworthy of the triforce that he can't even defend these pathetic boards as a gay main but has to do it as a Robin main. Can't blame him really. He is doomed as a gay main to forsake his main in the face of adversity.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Looks like the kid is so unworthy of the triforce that he can't even defend these pathetic boards as a gay main but has to do it as a Robin main. Can't blame him really. He is doomed as a gay main to forsake his main in the face of adversity.
Oh no, not really, I have just always wanted to say that you someone XD. Plus I am equal a Robin main as I am a Toon Link main :).

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Oh great, it's the Hink and Ganny boards coming over to try and raise heck. Should've known he was evil all along. How many more boards are you gonna raid?

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Wait, what do you mean?
The Ganon boards raided the Link boards prior to this. Now they seem to have allied with each other. And I threw in a little banter in there too. I knew Ganon was evil, but Link... Unless Ganon somehow magically turned to the side of good. And I also combined heck with Link.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
The Ganon boards raided the Link boards prior to this. Now they seem to have allied with each other. And I threw in a little banter in there too. I knew Ganon was evil, but Link... Unless Ganon somehow magically turned to the side of good. And I also combined heck with Link.
I think it might have something to do with @ Lozjam Lozjam ......

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
I think it might have something to do with @ Lozjam Lozjam ......
Likely. Expect more trash to be hurled our way. The key is to not give a d*** to any trash talk they throw at you and just get the main point. Then proceed to counter it... Or just ignore everything that I just said and throw trash back.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
The ganon boards never raided us. They came to discuss the MU and threatened with a raid that never happened.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Likely. Expect more trash to be hurled our way. The key is to not give a d*** to any trash talk they throw at you and just get the main point. Then proceed to counter it... Or just ignore everything that I just said and throw trash back.
Ok then.

You know, this raid might not be a bad thing. I mean, it would finally unite the Link and Toon Link's under one roof, reapairing the damage from Brawl.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
Shaded by such a harsh truth. We thwart the evil abominations that threaten the world, Gay being one of them most evil vile creatures to ever walk Hyrule. Your sense of justice is blinded!

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Nothing can unite gay and Link. Also, everything goes in a raid. The only limit would be how willing you are to get banned.

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
So why would TL be considered 'gay'? If it is because of the tunic, I will point out that Link also wears a tunic.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Nothing can unite gay and Link. Also, everything goes in a raid. The only limit would be how willing you are to get banned.
Hm, I not sure if I really want to be apart to of this then. I mean, I might help out here and there, though I might just go to the Robin and Young Link threads and hang there for a while..... maybe.

So why would TL be considered 'gay'? If it is because of the tunic, I will point out that Link also wears a tunic.
no, see I got mixed up with this as well. In the Link Threads, "Gay" means Toon Link and "Toon Link" means Gay. they jsut swapped the words around.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
Gay and Link are like two magnets facing each other, and there's only room for one true hero to wield the Triforce of Courage.
And who ever said you were 'gay' might I ask?

Top Bottom