• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Chat Waker - Toon Link social

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
So... Any thoughts on the Nintendo Direct?

I concur. The information is very Fabulous and wonderful and valuable.

I knew it! You were the spy, after all! This makes two spies from the Link board now. I think you're keeping tons of secrets from us, Mr. Spy.
:170: :172:
Watching it right now, blasted finals. Am at MP10 right now. Hyped for Ness and Toad amiibos (even though I can't find them to preorder on Amazon right now...), and considering trying out Fire Emblem.

Oh yeah, got the LAN adapter last week, except studying for finals had to take priority. I should be free for a good bulk of the time starting tomorrow till Monday.

And I thought we put the spy thing behind us?

Edit: Finished watching, but no one replied... So...

Splatoon looks good. Thinking I'm gonna get it, maybe. I might get Codename: Steam, if only for Lincoln at worst. I might get Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS, and maybe New 3DS, not 100% on the last two, though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If you guys could bring back one Smash character who's been cut, who would you bring back?
Personally, I'd bring back Pichu. Sure heIs generally a worse version of Pikachu, but winning with him always feels amazing. Plus heIs actually adorable, unlike Pikachu.

Watching it right now, blasted finals. Am at MP10 right now. Hyped for Ness and Toad amiibos
"Toad amiibos"? What? lol

You sound pretty nervous about this whole thing. Are you trying to tell me that you're a spy, too?

Last edited by a moderator:

TurtleL

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jordangd94
3DS FC
2208-5598-2666
one thing ive noticed about toon link is that everyone i knew who used adult link in brawl and melee (friends and family mostly) is now really good with toon link and pretty mediocre with adult link? why is this?

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
If you guys could bring back one Smash character who's been cut, who would you bring back?
Personally, I'd bring back Pichu. Sure heIs generally a worse version of Pikachu, but winning with him always feels amazing. Plus heIs actually adorable, unlike Pikachu.

"Toad amiibos"? What? lol

You sound pretty nervous about this whole thing. Are you trying to tell me that you're a spy, too?
I'd bring back Lucas. He's unique enough to warrant a spot for him (though I am a bit biased).

Toad amiibos, for Mario? You know, the mushroom-capped inhabitants of the Mushroom Kingdom?

Just exacerbated. And surprised that this was brought up again.

D

Deleted member

I'd bring back Lucas. He's unique enough to warrant a spot for him (though I am a bit biased).

Toad amiibos, for Mario? You know, the mushroom-capped inhabitants of the Mushroom Kingdom?

Just exacerbated. And surprised that this was brought up again.
It is pretty surprising that Lucas was cut instead of having anything done to make him a more unique character. Also, I didn't watch the Direct, but I figured the Toad amiibo thing must've been a typo since he isn't a playable character and I haven't heard anything about a Toad amiibo anywhere else. Is there actually a Toad amiibo? I'm confused.

one thing ive noticed about toon link is that everyone i knew who used adult link in brawl and melee (friends and family mostly) is now really good with toon link and pretty mediocre with adult link? why is this?
Well they are somewhat similar, but other than that I can't think of why that would be. It's probably a coincidence. Link got a lot of buffs and TL was nerfed pretty badly, so it seems strange for people who were good with Link in Brawl and not so good with TL to suddenly have that switched around in Smash 4.

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
It is pretty surprising that Lucas was cut instead of having anything done to make him a more unique character. Also, I didn't watch the Direct, but I figured the Toad amiibo thing must've been a typo since he isn't a playable character and I haven't heard anything about a Toad amiibo anywhere else. Is there actually a Toad amiibo? I'm confused.
They started up the Mario line of amiibos, so Toad is in that specific line. To be honest, I was half-expecting Lucas to be cut since Mother has been declared finished by its creator, so he was low-priority anyway, but I will await his return (if he does).

T-Man

Smash Cadet
NNID
lT-Manl
3DS FC
5086-1450-2098
Watching it right now, blasted finals. Am at MP10 right now. Hyped for Ness and Toad amiibos (even though I can't find them to preorder on Amazon right now...), and considering trying out Fire Emblem.

Oh yeah, got the LAN adapter last week, except studying for finals had to take priority. I should be free for a good bulk of the time starting tomorrow till Monday.

Edit: Finished watching, but no one replied... So...

Splatoon looks good. Thinking I'm gonna get it, maybe. I might get Codename: Steam, if only for Lincoln at worst. I might get Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS, and maybe New 3DS, not 100% on the last two, though.

You mean the New 3DS with MM´s edition ...

Feb, 13 ... sigh ...

What you guys think about this edition :p

Last edited:

CoolPalMitch

Smash Cadet
NNID
mitchgamelover
huh, I guess I could join this thread

Username: Complete_Dweeb

Main: :4wiifit: :4ness: :4rob:

Secondaries: :4luigi: :4tlink: :4pikachu:

Favorite Toon Link Costume: Blue, Blue Green, and LttP

Likes: Most types of electronics, Mornings, Lemons, Animation, Being able to afford things, :4wiifit: Stretching Those Shoulders :4wiifitm:

Dislikes: Root Beer, people who act like a**es on a regular basis, people who defend said a**es, school, hot days, The Double Edged Edge Himself :4darkpit:

Other Facts: Smash 4 is the first game I've picked up competitively

Cyre

Smash Apprentice
THE TRUE DICTATOR HAS RETURNED!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

They started up the Mario line of amiibos, so Toad is in that specific line.
Do you have any pictures of this Toad amiibo? I haven't heard anything about it from anyone else, and all I could find from looking it up was stuff about Captain Toad being compatible with amiibos or something.

Lemons are amazing and underloved. They even taste like candy if you eat them fresh, imo.

TAKIN OVA!!!

Get on my level.
This profile picture thing was all part of your master plan to become the new dictator, wasn't it? First you dethroned me, now you've taken my old throne. At least I still have this old screenshot:
thegoodolddays.jpg
THE GOOD OLD DAYS. ;-;
Though, I've still never been a moderator on this board (or anywhere else on Smash boards, for that matter), and definitely not the only moderator. But yeah, you win this round, Fox.
Also, I love how people joke that the Link board is anarchistic while the joke with the TL board is that it's a dictatorship. I just noticed that, lol.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Yes, the plan worked perfectly. I got my screenshot of dominance and now I'm the sole moderator. With a new dictator comes a new reign of terror, and perhaps a fresh start.

I am now taking suggestions as to how you would want our boards to run. I've heard whisperings that we would be better off if we were more like the Link boards. Or perhaps you have another character board in mind. If you feel you would be more open to posting productively in a different kind of environment, now is your chance. I will do all that is within my power (which is basically limitless btw) to make your suggestions a reality. Don't leave it up to someone else; if you want change, it is you that must initiate it.

Last edited:

Dr[?}

Smash Cadet
So I get called a spammer a lot after beating people in "For Glory". Is this just the life of a Toon Link Main, or is it a valid claim at times?

It's not like I just sit in the corner of the map and spam arrows all day lol. Most of my kills come from connecting with a bomb and following up with a fair or uair. I don't like being considered a spammer so I would like to hear input from other Tinkers

Last edited:

CoolPalMitch

Smash Cadet
NNID
mitchgamelover
I don't really use my projectiles as much or as well as I should when I play TL, the only one that I use regularly is Boomerang for the sake of having it out there. I use bombs but I don't really think about how to use them strategically, and the same applies for the bow. My projectiles are mostly used to help with racking up % before I go for USmash or another of my kill moves

2MuchDog

Smash Rookie
Hello there everyone! Im a newcomer joining this site and looking forward to improving my skills with the awesome Toon link on the wii u Anyone wanna play? Also here's my info

Username: YaaEthMon
Main: Toon Link:4tlink:
Secondaries: Little Mac:4littlemac: Mario :4mario: Captain Falcon:4falcon:Villager:4villager:?
Favorite Toon Link costume: Shadow
Dislikes: Losing, For Glory Lag
Other facts:I got a Wii u just for sm4sh
(Dont even have a gamepad)

Last edited:

Dɛαd

ヽ(=^・ω・^=)丿
NNID
Dead_MK
3DS FC
3539-9682-8374
:yeahboi:
Hello there everyone! Im a newcomer joining this site and looking forward to improving my skills with the awesome Toon link on the wii u Anyone wanna play? Also here's my info

Username: YaaEthMon
Main: Toon Link:4tlink:
Secondaries: Little Mac:4littlemac: Mario :4mario: Captain Falcon:4falcon:Villager:4villager:?
Favorite Toon Link costume: Shadow
Dislikes: Losing, For Glory Lag
Other facts:I got a Wii u just for sm4sh
(Dont even have a gamepad)
Welcome here:yeahboi:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yes, the plan worked perfectly. I got my screenshot of dominance and now I'm the sole moderator. With a new dictator comes a new reign of terror, and perhaps a fresh start.

I am now taking suggestions as to how you would want our boards to run. I've heard whisperings that we would be better off if we were more like the Link boards. Or perhaps you have another character board in mind. If you feel you would be more open to posting productively in a different kind of environment, now is your chance. I will do all that is within my power (which is basically limitless btw) to make your suggestions a reality. Don't leave it up to someone else; if you want change, it is you that must initiate it.
I think it would probably help if we had something kinda like this. Though, we already have a lot of stickied threads, so it would probably have to somehow be mixed in with one of the ones we already have.
Also, not really related, but I think we're too tolerant of spam threads here, though at least that's been getting a lot better over time.

Here ya go!
Oh my god, it's beautiful. The floor thing ze stands on is even the right color. <3 I don't have whatever game it's for (Smash 4 is the only game I have for the Wii U), but Toad is awesome enough that I might get one eventually anyway.
Speaking of Toad, I'd love if ze were a playable character a future Smash game. Toad has appeared in more than enough games to deserve it, and having a genderless character in Smash would be a plus.

I don't really use my projectiles as much or as well as I should when I play TL, the only one that I use regularly is Boomerang for the sake of having it out there. I use bombs but I don't really think about how to use them strategically, and the same applies for the bow. My projectiles are mostly used to help with racking up % before I go for USmash or another of my kill moves
Toon Link has amazing projectiles, so you should take advantage of them. The bombs are especially really good, and can lead to kill set-ups at higher %s, like bomb > fair and bomb > uair.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
I think it would probably help if we had something kinda like this. Though, we already have a lot of stickied threads, so it would probably have to somehow be mixed in with one of the ones we already have.
Also, not really related, but I think we're too tolerant of spam threads here, though at least that's been getting a lot better over time.
One of my favourite threads XD.
Ok here's what I'm thinking. We have two threads stickied currently that are about custom moves, orca's dojo and standard custom moveset, neither of which will be necessary when the guide is done. In their place we'll have the guide and a 'read this before posting' thread which I'll write up. Sound good?
And yes, I'm cracking down on spam threads in the new era, but I'm happy to hear that I have support in doing so.

D

Deleted member

One of my favourite threads XD.
Ok here's what I'm thinking. We have two threads stickied currently that are about custom moves, orca's dojo and standard custom moveset, neither of which will be necessary when the guide is done. In their place we'll have the guide and a 'read this before posting' thread which I'll write up. Sound good?
And yes, I'm cracking down on spam threads in the new era, but I'm happy to hear that I have support in doing so.
The thread about the Standard Custom Moveset Project is probably going to be necessary for at least a while since the SCMP needs the character boards to be using those threads for it to work. Orca's Dojo definitely won't be necessary anymore, though. But yeah, the only ideas I can think of:
1. Unsticky the social thread. (ouch)
2. Unsticky The Picto Box. People could post critique requests in the Q&A thread, and video guides as new thread, or something. No idea what would be done with stuff like good TLs posting their videos to help other TLs and other such videos, though.
3. Instead of having a separate thread for rules, it could be added into the Q&A thread. Honestly, this doesn't really make much sense, but I already put rules in that thread that could sort of be used as TL board rules. Also, people should check the Q&A thread before posting, anyway, so this could make things a little easier since it would mean one less thread to look at before posting.
Thoughts?

Cyre

Smash Apprentice
The thread about the Standard Custom Moveset Project is probably going to be necessary for at least a while since the SCMP needs the character boards to be using those threads for it to work. Orca's Dojo definitely won't be necessary anymore, though. But yeah, the only ideas I can think of:
2. Unsticky The Picto Box. People could post critique requests in the Q&A thread, and video guides as new thread, or something. No idea what would be done with stuff like good TLs posting their videos to help other TLs and other such videos, though.
3. Instead of having a separate thread for rules, it could be added into the Q&A thread. Honestly, this doesn't really make much sense, but I already put rules in that thread that could sort of be used as TL board rules. Also, people should check the Q&A thread before posting, anyway, so this could make things a little easier since it would mean one less thread to look at before posting.
Thoughts?

1. Yes, and don't worry. It won't fall off the first page.

2. I feel like having the video thread and Q&A should stay separate. I just don't see the point in having them together. I just feel like having the ability to quickly find a thread showcasing people playing is invaluable.

3. I'd rather keep the threads separate, but we can add some sort of tldr rules to the Q&A thread. Something like "If you aren't sure about it, post it here."

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Personally, I'd bring back Pichu. Sure heIs generally a worse version of Pikachu, but winning with him always feels amazing. Plus heIs actually adorable, unlike Pikachu
Sup Dr. Artemis! The answer to this question you might know already for me, which is Young Link. I loved him in Melee but when Toon Link replace him, something was lost in the transaction and just wish Sakuria could bring him back as DLC.

Also, I see we are getting some more Tink mains. nice one

You mean the New 3DS with MM´s edition ...

Feb, 13 ... sigh ...

What you guys think about this edition :p
I going to get it if I can. Two birds with one stone for me

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Dude, @ The Merc The Merc , watch that double posting please. You've been around long enough to know what's going on there. I'm meant to infract for stuff like that when people should know better, it isn't an accident, and there isn't an exception (e.g. topic creators in some circumstances). I'm too nice and may lose my job because of it XD.

Thoughts?
Unstickying the social thread is a possibility. And hey, if there are any issues I can always just sticky it again temporarily when there are big enough luls in activity (should it ever come to that).
I agree with Cyrene that the video thread should stay separate.
It is possible that we could combine a rules thread with the Q/A thread to make a much more general 'come here before making a thread' -thread. That's not a bad idea. Only thing is it might be difficult if I want to write the rules up in my own post. I can think of a couple of ways it could be done... but I'll ask the other mods first if I end up wanting to do this. Otherwise I guess I could direct you in what to change in your own post or better still I could simply edit your post myself with your permission. It'll be a shame that the Toon boards won't get an amazing rules thread though.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Dude, @ The Merc The Merc , watch that double posting please. You've been around long enough to know what's going on there. I'm meant to infract for stuff like that when people should know better, it isn't an accident, and there isn't an exception (e.g. topic creators in some circumstances). I'm too nice and may lose my job because of it XD.
Gods, sorry Fox. I knew at the time I shouldn't have double post and just used the edit button but I what'd to reply to the 2 post and forgot to and I thought that no body would reply for a while and I knew I wouldn't be able to. Again I am sorry, I should have know better. I only double post intentionally if no one has replied for a while or I have a question I forgot to ask or something important to tell. Sorry fox

Dr[?}

Smash Cadet
Sup Dr. Artemis! The answer to this question you might know already for me, which is Young Link. I loved him in Melee but when Toon Link replace him, something was lost in the transaction and just wish Sakuria could bring him back as DLC.

Also, I see we are getting some more Tink mains. nice one

I going to get it if I can. Two birds with one stone for me
I would've even settled for a Young Link Costume for toon link. I think if anything, that's our best bet DLC wise. That's much easier than them creating a whole new character

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Gods, sorry Fox. I knew at the time I shouldn't have double post and just used the edit button but I what'd to reply to the 2 post and forgot to and I thought that no body would reply for a while and I knew I wouldn't be able to. Again I am sorry, I should have know better. I only double post intentionally if no one has replied for a while or I have a question I forgot to ask or something important to tell. Sorry fox
It's cool man, I know you don't mean any harm. For the record though, those technically aren't good enough reasons.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I would've even settled for a Young Link Costume for toon link. I think if anything, that's our best bet DLC wise. That's much easier than them creating a whole new character
Mm mm, after extensive erase arch, no, it wouldn't be enough
It's cool man, I know you don't mean any harm. For the record though, those technically aren't good enough reasons.
Ok thanks Fox :) . I will try to never double post again.

T-Man

Smash Cadet
NNID
lT-Manl
3DS FC
5086-1450-2098
Guys, I just fought a good Sheik player. Well I luckly 2 stocked her. The first stock was with a Fair..

I manage to have TL alive with 199% of damage (My peak damage on a seriuos match :p ) ... and GOD TL LOOKED LIKE A RAGING DEMON... I did about 76% on Sheik last stock, and then I grabbed her and with JUST one BACKTHROW finished her :p

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Guys, I just fought a good Sheik player. Well I luckly 2 stocked her. The first stock was with a Fair..

I manage to have TL alive with 199% of damage (My peak damage on a seriuos match :p ) ... and GOD TL LOOKED LIKE A RAGING DEMON... I did about 76% on Sheik last stock, and then I grabbed her and with JUST one BACKTHROW finished her :p
That sound like no surprise really (except the last bit, WHOA). I have (against CPUs though) had Toon Link survive up 200%, the reason was the cup couldn't land any kill moves on be and just keep racking up damage. I am guessing a similar thing happened to you

D

Deleted member

So, how's the weather where you guys are right now?

It's pretty cold where I am, and is only 52 degrees Fahrenheit/11 degrees Celsius (lol), so I'm wearing my red Link hat to stay warm (well in reality I just feel like wearing, but I thought wearing it to stay warm sounded good enough lol).
It's definitely a lot nicer in winter here than where I used to live, where in the coldest part of the winter it wouldn't get above 0 Fahrenheit/-18 Celsius. Pretty cold stuff, especially when one time the heater for the house broke down for about a week during this part of the winter. Ended up having to rely on the sun, a space heater, and a ****load of thick clothes to stay warm. Then one time while the heater wasn't working like this I ended up having to be by it for some reason I don't remember, somehow fell asleep which caused me to fall on the glass on the heater (it was a pellet stove). Woke up with the heat suddenly on the highest setting and my coat on fire. Pretty terrible timing and scary **** and stuff lol.

Unstickying the social thread is a possibility. And hey, if there are any issues I can always just sticky it again temporarily when there are big enough luls in activity (should it ever come to that).
I agree with Cyrene that the video thread should stay separate.
It is possible that we could combine a rules thread with the Q/A thread to make a much more general 'come here before making a thread' -thread. That's not a bad idea. Only thing is it might be difficult if I want to write the rules up in my own post. I can think of a couple of ways it could be done... but I'll ask the other mods first if I end up wanting to do this. Otherwise I guess I could direct you in what to change in your own post or better still I could simply edit your post myself with your permission. It'll be a shame that the Toon boards won't get an amazing rules thread though.
Now that I think about it, now that spam threads get locked pretty quickly, unstickying the social thread at least shouldn't result in it getting pushed too far down like before. Only thing though is if people already aren't looking at the stickied threads very much I doubt they'll look at the non-stickied ones at all, so it seems like unstickying could end up with more people posting threads that should've been posted in the social thread.
As for the Q&A thread, this makes me wish I reserved the second post lol. I assume it's too late now for anything to be done to have a second post in there (first post for rules and the second for Q&A), right? Having one thread for stuff like that seems like it would make things more convenient.

Three Links in one game would be amazing lol. Though I would like it a lot better if TL and YL had their arrows switched, since I would definitely use TL but love the fire arrows.

Hi Tuna Lanks. :)
What's up, Mr. Tuna-free Lank main?

Cyre

Smash Apprentice

It's pretty cold where I am, and is only 52 degrees Fahrenheit/11 degrees Celsius (lol), so I'm wearing my red Link hat to stay warm (well in reality I just feel like wearing, but I thought wearing it to stay warm sounded good enough lol).
It's definitely a lot nicer in winter here than where I used to live, where in the coldest part of the winter it wouldn't get above 0 Fahrenheit/-18 Celsius. Pretty cold stuff, especially when one time the heater for the house broke down for about a week during this part of the winter. Ended up having to rely on the sun, a space heater, and a ****load of thick clothes to stay warm. Then one time while the heater wasn't working like this I ended up having to be by it for some reason I don't remember, somehow fell asleep which caused me to fall on the glass on the heater (it was a pellet stove). Woke up with the heat suddenly on the highest setting and my coat on fire. Pretty terrible timing and scary **** and stuff lol.

I've always enjoyed snuggling under blankets in really cold weather. I have a fondness for cold weather, but I'm somewhat strange. A heater breaking down in a time of need can be a total pain. I've had that happen a couple of times and it was not pretty. It always breaks down in the summer and my room ends up boiling hot. Anyways, it's a good thing you didn't get super burned by the fire or something, that would be horrible.

CURRY

Smash Journeyman

Now that I think about it, now that spam threads get locked pretty quickly, unstickying the social thread at least shouldn't result in it getting pushed too far down like before. Only thing though is if people already aren't looking at the stickied threads very much I doubt they'll look at the non-stickied ones at all, so it seems like unstickying could end up with more people posting threads that should've been posted in the social thread.
As for the Q&A thread, this makes me wish I reserved the second post lol. I assume it's too late now for anything to be done to have a second post in there (first post for rules and the second for Q&A), right? Having one thread for stuff like that seems like it would make things more convenient.

Three Links in one game would be amazing lol. Though I would like it a lot better if TL and YL had their arrows switched, since I would definitely use TL but love the fire arrows.

Red Link hat?
Like... a Santa hat? One with or without the white, poofy things?

Also, what about a general directory? We can probably fit it in the rules thread. It feels crazy redundant though, since a general directory kind like a sticky except it's at a lower level. We'll be able to shove things down there that are still important, but not often used.
We could also give a tour of this sub-forum, and put down a bunch of links for new people to click, with a sentence or two on what the thread is--things like guides, the Q+A thread, and Orca's Dojo could go here. That's how I navigated the boards when I first started anyway, just ctrl+clicking all the helpful-looking threads, and reading all of them.
We'd also be able to unsticky things like Orca's Dojo while still bringing some attention to it.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

But, Young Link is the one with the fire arrows....

But seriously, I wouldn't mind if Young Link had the Ice, normal or Fire arrows, just as long as they didn't stuff them up like Tink custome Fire arrows.

Also the weather here is hot and sometimes humid (depending where you are) though there is a nice breeze where I am at the moment.

D

Deleted member

I've always enjoyed snuggling under blankets in really cold weather. I have a fondness for cold weather, but I'm somewhat strange. A heater breaking down in a time of need can be a total pain. I've had that happen a couple of times and it was not pretty. It always breaks down in the summer and my room ends up boiling hot. Anyways, it's a good thing you didn't get super burned by the fire or something, that would be horrible.
I normally hate cold weather, but being able to snuggle under blankets is definitely one nice thing about it. And don't you mean your air conditioner breaks down in the summer? Wanting the heat on when it's already boiling hot would be pretty strange lol.

Red Link hat?
Like... a Santa hat? One with or without the white, poofy things?
It's a Link hat. Iirc this.

Also, what about a general directory? We can probably fit it in the rules thread. It feels crazy redundant though, since a general directory kind like a sticky except it's at a lower level. We'll be able to shove things down there that are still important, but not often used.
We could also give a tour of this sub-forum, and put down a bunch of links for new people to click, with a sentence or two on what the thread is--things like guides, the Q+A thread, and Orca's Dojo could go here. That's how I navigated the boards when I first started anyway, just ctrl+clicking all the helpful-looking threads, and reading all of them.
We'd also be able to unsticky things like Orca's Dojo while still bringing some attention to it.
We sort of have a directory in the Q&A thread under the "The Toon Link Board" section. Not ideal, but hopefully it'll be good enough until we figure out what to do about the rules thing.

But, Young Link is the one with the fire arrows...
Hence why it needs to be fixed so it's the other way around. :p

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer

The weather is beautiful and warm down here.
I have a green Link hat I made one time. It's just some rich dark green material arranged into the iconic point and sewn over a beanie. I've grown out of the rest of the get-up, but I'll still wear the hat occasionally.

What the hell, your coat caught on fire? That's craziness. That could have turned out really really bad. Sounds like you got lucky.

People do look at the non-stickied threads though. I don't think that will be an issue. It's either they'll look at the threads that have been made or they won't look at them at all. There doesn't seem to be much of a distinction between the importance of threads depending on how high up they are with these people. The main reason why you'd want to sticky a thread is because you want it to stay on top for the ones who do read threads, not because you want the non-readers to read it, if you know what I mean.

I have a few options I could try in order to get a post in the Q/A thread. I could change the owner of the second post with the permission of the person who has it currently, or I could find a post of my own that isn't needed from some other thread so long as it was written before the Q/A thread and I could merge/move the post into the Q/A thread and have it be displayed chronologically which would bump everyone else down one space (theoretically I think). Actually, the latter could be fun. I could experiment with it and see if I can move one of my first posts into it XD, that way it will seem as if the thread was written back in 2008 when this board didn't even exist. I could then claim to be a time-travelling fox wizard, which admittedly wouldn't be too far away from the truth. Two out of three isn't that bad.

ThatNintendoDude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
THATNINTEND0DUDE
3DS FC
3437-3553-0356
Here's a random question (but this is the social thread, so...):

Anyone here speak Japanese? I'm attempting to teach myself just cause it's something I've always wanted to. I feel like I'm making progress, but I know it's going to take a lot of work to get truly good. Kinda like Smash in a way.

On Smash related notes, I'm having a hard time putting down Hyrule Warriors, Omega Ruby, and Guacamelee at the moment, so my Smash game is suffering, haha. I did pick up the 3DS version for the first time in a while and its...weird. I feel like my Toon Link is better on 3DS than Wii U, and my Ness is better on Wii U than 3DS. I'm probably just imagining things.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
The weather is beautiful and warm down here.
I have a green Link hat I made one time. It's just some rich dark green material arranged into the iconic point and sewn over a beanie. I've grown out of the rest of the get-up, but I'll still wear the hat occasionally.
I don't know where you are at, Fox, but where I was less than a week ago, it was anything form warm and beautiful, in fact it was extremely hot and humid!

But aw man, you made a link hat?! Dang, I wish I could make or get a Link hat, so jelly!

Oh and before I forget, Fox, @Dr. Artemis, so you know anyone with an old in updated or at least only updates to be able to play online version of Smash Bros 3ds? Cause I think Toon Link might have gotten a buff.

Top Bottom