• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Chat Waker - Toon Link social

servbot 42

Smash Cadet
NNID
Servbot42
Logo for the Toon Link crew is starting to happen. Very excited and also can't stop laughing. I have someone I know draw it for me. he has a feeling this pic will end up nipping him in the butt. I was like screw it lets see what happens.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of art, too much water, and Tuna Link, I randomly decided to make the picture attached. Enjoy.

But yeah, art is some pretty amazing stuff, like it's all amazing and stuff. Too much water is pretty great too since sailing around in Wind Waker in Phantom Hourglass is some pretty neat stuff. What are you guys' favorite Wind Waker dungeon?

Personally mine was probably the Forbidden Woods because of the deku leaf and I think the layout is cool.. I also liked the Triforce quest thing, too, even if a lot of other people don't like it I think it's neat and different and stuff.
:170: :172:

Attachments

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
do you guys know how much the Links hate you?
not trying to start anything, just wondering...

Last edited:

ThatNintendoDude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
THATNINTEND0DUDE
3DS FC
3437-3553-0356
Eh, let them hate I guess. Maybe they wouldn't have a reason to hate if they could move faster, jump higher, etc.

But that's none of my business.

Also not trying to start something, just had to use that picture. :)

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Please be mindful of what you say. I will not have conflict stirred up between my two character boards. As long as the fun rivalry is kept in each respective board, it's not threatening the peace and can only strengthen each respective community. But force them face to face, and there could be losses of members on both sides.
And I will not let that happen.
There's a delicate balance to be struck here and I'm ever so sensitive to it's movements.

[Incidentally, I just noticed that you live in Penrith currently. That's only half an hour's drive from where I live. Have you been introduced to the Australian competitive scene yet? PM me if you're interested.]

Last edited:

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
Please be mindful of what you say. I will not have conflict stirred up between my two character boards. As long as the fun rivalry is kept in each respective board, it's not threatening the peace and can only strengthen each respective community. But force them face to face, and there could be losses of members on both sides.
And I will not let that happen.
There's a delicate balance to be struck here and I'm ever so sensitive to it's movements.

[Incidentally, I just noticed that you live in Penrith currently. That's only half an hour's drive from where I live. Have you been introduced to the Australian competitive scene yet? PM me if you're interested.]
ok no more... whatever you call it... rivalry, i was just wondering.
oh you ACTUALLY live in winmalee, i thought that was some weird joke.
nope, never been to a meet or tournament before. mostly because I don't have Melee and i can't install PM on my wii. I lurk on the FB group but yeh that's the extent of my involvement.

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Yeah, I actually live in Winmalee, but WinMelee felt somehow more appropriate.
And it totally doesn't matter if you don't play melee or PM. You could just come along for the smash 4 (Brawl isn't really played these days). Dude you should make yourself known. Come along to a meet or something. Let me know if you do end up deciding to go and I'll seriously think about going myself.
Heck, we only live like half an hour away, we could meet up for a few casual games pretty much whenever.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
I've seen photos of the meets, they look pretty cool but apparently everyone there is at least 3 or 4 years older than me and I'd feel kind of awkward if I went there and people started looking at me funny.

ehh one of these days i might bother showing my face at a meet or something. it might actually be really fun.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Oh. Well I mean recently there's been an influx of new guys who are all pretty young. And we've had some very young competitors before. But honestly age differences have never mattered. I won't intrude any further if you feel uncomfortable, but I can honestly say that the best thing for you would be to get chatting with someone who hosts meets like @SummonerAU [yo Tom, be a champ and talk this guy into coming to a meet; Gords is busy apparently.] and then just go to a meet and they'll make sure you fit in and introduce you etc. We can even talk to your parents and explain stuff if that's an issue; it certainly wouldn't be the first time.

Anyway, this is all terribly off topic. Any news from the up-coming Zelda title? I've been very out of the loop.

Last edited:

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
how can you go off topic on a social thread?
Like me talking about Ness in Kirby social?

Anyway, this is all terribly off topic. Any news from the up-coming Zelda title? I've been very out of the loop.
Unfortunately, I am also out of the loop. I don't tend to follow much news regarding other games as closely as Smash, so...

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
ehhh, it's still social

like how people talk about lifestyle crap in socials
and how Zelda plan raids in their social

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
ehhh, it's still social

like how people talk about lifestyle crap in socials
and how Zelda plan raids in their social
True. Like how it got -30 below yesterday and the day before by me.

But I don't think you should be talking about random facts of a different character in a different character's forum, though.

D

Deleted member

That Winmalee/WinMelee thing is amazing. I wish I lived in a city with a name cool enough to make a pun like that.

I've seen photos of the meets, they look pretty cool but apparently everyone there is at least 3 or 4 years older than me and I'd feel kind of awkward if I went there and people started looking at me funny.

ehh one of these days i might bother showing my face at a meet or something. it might actually be really fun.
Don't worry about age difference. I've been going to tournies and smashfests since I was 14 and where the next youngest person was at least 20, and it wasn't really a problem. I know of other smashers who've been going to tournies from an even younger age, and as far as I know they didn't really run into any issues with it, either.

Stuff like this is what this social thread is for. I would've said something earlier, but I don't usually reply to posts I want to reply to right away, so this non-Australian would've been involved otherwise. And I haven't heard anything about the new Zelda title in a while, either. The last thing I heard/saw from it is that video of it from a while ago (A few weeks ago, I think? Maybe it was longer ago than that.) where random stuff just got showed off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Yeah you may be right. With the planning of raids though, just for example, you can still see how that involves the rest of the community, whereas our discussion was perhaps best had in private messages as it only really concerned us, but heck, people seem to think it was fine so cool.

The other cool thing about Winmalee is that it is an entirely unique name. It's meant to be aboriginal for 'in a northerly direction' because we used to be called North Springwood, but there was a competition to change the name to something more interesting a while back.

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Well there's the one just slightly further up the mountains from Springwood called Faulconbridge, and Ted always used to say it like a Falcon punch when he lived there.

Yeah I think I saw that video too. They were just riding around or something. I just sincerely hope that the large expansive world actually has stuff in it. Like heaps of side-quests and random caves etc. I love that sort of thing.

Jasudin

Smash Apprentice
In Your Alert Box, Increasing the Amount of Alerts
NNID
sushiramen8811
3DS FC
4768-7740-0434
-Username: Jasudin
NNID: sushiramen8811
-Mains: :4tlink::4link::4marth::4pit::4darkpit:
-Secondaries::4fox::4falcon::4myfriends::4mario::4ness:
-Favorite Toon Link Costume: Default Green
-Likes: TL Brawl Bair, Everything Nintender (Ardent Zealot of ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA), Reading?
-Dislikes: Temple Matches, :hanenbow::hanenbow::hanenbow::hanenbow::hanenbow:, Taunters
-Other Facts: 13. Been lurking SB since late 2012. Uses wii mote + nunchuck and doesn't play casually.

Last edited:

Cyre

Smash Apprentice
Welcome to sea, our fellow Tuna Link.

We prepared a song and dance. I hope you like it.:toonlink:

CURRY

Smash Journeyman
I honestly have no idea where else to post this.
Is this known already? Tink's new bomb pull stops his fastfall.
Now people who fastfall after bomb pulls offstage don't have to suffer by using their double jump.

CURRY

Smash Journeyman
Actually, all aerials in this game stop fastfalls (after the animation, I think); however, I wasn't sure if it applied to bombs.
Huh. Never knew about the aerial thing.
Yep, it applies to bombs, and I just tested it out on all of Tink's standard specials. They all break fastfall.
This is pretty cool.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

-Username: Jasudin
NNID: sushiramen8811
-Mains: :4tlink::4link::4marth::4pit::4darkpit:
-Secondaries::4fox::4falcon::4myfriends::4mario::4ness:
-Favorite Toon Link Costume: Default Green
-Likes: TL Brawl Bair, Everything Nintender (Ardent Zealot of ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA), Reading?
-Dislikes: Temple Matches, :hanenbow::hanenbow::hanenbow::hanenbow::hanenbow:, Taunters
-Other Facts: 13. Been lurking SB since late 2012. Uses wii mote + nunchuck and doesn't play casually.
Just added that to the OP. Since you gave your Skype, I assume you want me to add you to the Skype group, right? Also, the green costume is underrated.

I honestly have no idea where else to post this.
Is this known already? Tink's new bomb pull stops his fastfall.
Now people who fastfall after bomb pulls offstage don't have to suffer by using their double jump.
This should've gone in the ATs thread, but oh well.

So... Does anyone else actually miss Hanenbow? I for one am disappointed that itIs not in Smash 4, and love that stage in Brawl. I once got into this agreement with my opponent in a tournament match to play there, it was the most hype stuff ever. You've never known true hype until you've played a tournament match there and tried making the leaves red mid-match.

Jasudin

Smash Apprentice
In Your Alert Box, Increasing the Amount of Alerts
NNID
sushiramen8811
3DS FC
4768-7740-0434
Nah, never mind about Skype; like PSIBoy also said, I 'd be uncomfortable seeing people in flesh without actually having ever met them in person. Plus, extracurriculars and homework may screw with my Skype availability.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nah, never mind about Skype; like PSIBoy also said, I 'd be uncomfortable seeing people in flesh without actually having ever met them in person. Plus, extracurriculars and homework may screw with my Skype availability.
We don't do video chats in the Skype group. Also, it's not like we'll kick you out if you're not always available. There are always going to be people in a Skype group who hardly talk, which is fine.

Cyre

Smash Apprentice
I miss Rainbow Cruise and that Ice Climbers moving stage. Probably an uncommon opinion due to those stages only being fun for casual play.
So, does anyone like to watch anime? I just finished Psychopass 1 and am just getting started on season 2. (No spoilers please) It's so good, though really dark. It really keeps me at the edge of my seat?

Are there any other good shows that anyone would like to recommend?

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
I just realized I didn't fill this thing out, haha. My mistake.

-Username: Yukiwarashi (I want to change this...)
NNID: AnkiRendan
-Main: Toon Link, Lucina
-Secondaries:
-Favorite Toon Link Costume: Red
-Dislikes: Cocky people
-Other Facts: Nothing special I can think of at the moment

I miss Rainbow Cruise and that Ice Climbers moving stage. Probably an uncommon opinion due to those stages only being fun for casual play.
So, does anyone like to watch anime? I just finished Psychopass 1 and am just getting started on season 2. (No spoilers please) It's so good, though really dark. It really keeps me at the edge of my seat?

This season is looking AMAZING. I'm watching Gundam Build Fighters, Durarara x2Shou, Kuroko no Basket season 3, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Stardust Crusaders and Assassination Classroom. I'm looking forward to Gintama's return in April.

Last edited:

Cole Hall

Smash Rookie
NNID
TwiKitty
3DS FC
4940-5630-8608
-Username: TwiKitty
-Skype name: kolinator3000

(Never make an account when you're young)
-Main: :4tlink:
-Secondaries: :4fox::4megaman:
-Favorite Toon Link Costume:
Who can resist, right?
-Dislikes: The dreaded online lag, The fact that uk has virtually no tournaments
-Other Facts: 15, Black hair, looking to improve, M

Cyre

Smash Apprentice
Woah, two new people in one day! The Dictator would be proud.

T-Man

Smash Cadet
NNID
lT-Manl
3DS FC
5086-1450-2098

I used to watch anime like you, then I took (an arrow in the knee) stuff like video games and studies to the brain...

D

Deleted member

Holy crap, so many new people! This makes me a very happy dictator ex-dictator.

I can't really think of any scrolling stages that I miss right now, but Icicle Mountain was a pretty fun stage. Rainbow Cruise is one I really don't miss at all, but that's mainly because I didn't like playing on scrolling stages in tournaments, and RC was a counterpick. I always banned Brinstar if I won a tournament match in Brawl just because it was such a garbage stage for my main, but if Brinstar hadn't been a counterpick I probably would've banned RC instead just for being an annoying tournament stage. I think RC is okay outside of tournaments, though.

As for shows, Fullmetal Alchemist (both Brotherhood and 2003) is the only show I've really watched in years. It was good enough that I've considered watching other anime, but I've been too lazy to put any real effort into it. It took a while to finally find a site to watch FMA from, plus now I don't have a computer with sound, so if I watch anything it would have to be from my phone.

Cyre

Smash Apprentice
I just totally watched the Fabulous Cry play through some Xenoblade Chronicles for four hours on twitch.

Suffice to say that I'm really feeling it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just totally watched the fabulous Cry play through some Xenoblade Chronicles for four hours on twitch.

Suffice to say that I'm really feeling it.
You watched "twitch" as in the common noun, rather than "Twitch" as in the proper noun? I'm pretty sure that twitching you were watching was me twitching from your grammar. :p It's okay, maybe your grammar will improve some day. I'm just joking, don't kill me. It was too great of a typo to not say anything
Did Xenoblade Chronicles look any good, from what you watched? One of my friends has been practically begging me to play it if I ever get the chance, and I've heard good things about it from other people, too.

Also, because I promised to post this from the Skype group:
[9:10:25 PM] Cyrene: I AM A CLOUDDDDD
[9:10:32 PM] Cyrene: AND IM AFRAIIDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Edit: I love how you edited that so "fabulous" is capitalized. This is the TL board, after all, so it makes perfect sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyre

Smash Apprentice
Also, because I promised to post this from the Skype group:
[9:10:25 PM] Cyrene: I AM A CLOUDDDDD
[9:10:32 PM] Cyrene: AND IM AFRAIIDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

That is not valuable information.

How could you be so evil. Screw this, I'm going to the Link boards.

D

Deleted member

So... Any thoughts on the Nintendo Direct?

That is very valuable and Fabulous information.
I concur. The information is very Fabulous and wonderful and valuable.

How could you be so evil. Screw this, I'm going to the Link boards.
I knew it! You were the spy, after all! This makes two spies from the Link board now. I think you're keeping tons of secrets from us, Mr. Spy.

Top Bottom