• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Chat Waker - Toon Link social

D

Deleted member

Me a spy? @Dr. Artemis, I thought we were friends, Doctor!
"Doctor"??? It's "dictator! I knew it, you must be the spy! That would explain why you don't respect my authoritah.

Why would I want to siphon Toon Link Ats and Strats and sell them to Link boards. Well, I never! I'm insulted!
A CONFESSION! I KNEW YOU WERE THE SPY!

Welp, I haven't got anything else to say so... Merry christmas and happy holidays my fellow tuna links!
Tuna Link da bess. You gotta love him.

I don't think I could be the spy. I'm about as dedicated a Toon Link player as one can get.
LIES! That's exactly what a spy would say, those exact words and everything. Are you sure you aren't the spy?

I generally like history books
History books are underloved and amazing.

And why would I be a spy?
I keep trying to think of why you would be a spy, but I can't think of one. Unless that's the whole point of your being a spy, so we can't figure out why you're a spy, so we would never guess it could be you.

Oh well of course I'm a spy, but I thought everyone knew that. I certainly wasn't making any attempt to hide it. It's not anything personal; I mean I openly double-cross everyone. It's in my name and nature. You must be talking about someone else though if it was 'discovered' recently.
That is a very good point, I can't argue with that. You couldn't be the spy because we all already know you're a spy. Or are you secretly collaborating with the spy and telling them your secrets?

I'm currently reading through the 'a song of ice and fire' series. I guess I had to see what all the fuss was about.
I haven't heard of A Song of Ice and Fire. Is it good? What's it about?
(I've also read 'catcher in the rye' and watched both of the full metal alchemist series. I've seen so many other animes since then but nothing quite stands up to that brilliance. Though I'd also recommend death note (the dub version is actually good). It's what I would call another good 'gateway' anime, i.e. it gets people used to the idea of watching anime that are usually put off by it.)
I hear a lot of mixed reviews about Death Note. Though, it seems like a lot of people who like FMA like Death Note, and like a lot of the people who don't like FMA don't like Death Note, so maybe it would be worth a watch for me. I'll have to add that to my list of animes to give a try to after I've gotten the sound issues on my laptop fixed.
:172:

Last edited by a moderator:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
"Doctor"??? It's "dictator! I knew it, you must be the spy! That would explain why you don't respect my authoritah.

A CONFESSION! I KNEW YOU WERE THE SPY!

LIES! That's exactly what a spy would say, those exact words and everything. Are you sure you aren't the spy?
How can I prove it to you? It's not like I'm using a Picto Box to take pictographs of the happenings in the Toon Link boards for whatever Lenzo needs them for. I'm pretty sure that wasn't part of the quest to get the Deluxe Picto Box...

You seem pretty persistent on calling everyone else out on being the spy. What if you're just trying to draw attention on everyone but yourself? What if you're the spy? How can we know for sure that you're not one of Ganondorf's minions?

Cyre

Smash Apprentice
Well, since the day is just about over.. I thought I'd ask what everyone got for christmas!

I got 120 bucks so thats going to my wii u fund. It's been a good day. So again, how did everyone elses go? If you don't celebrate it, then well how was your day in general? Anyways, later my tuna links <:D

D

Deleted member

How can I prove it to you? It's not like I'm using a Picto Box to take pictographs of the happenings in the Toon Link boards for whatever Lenzo needs them for. I'm pretty sure that wasn't part of the quest to get the Deluxe Picto Box...

You seem pretty persistent on calling everyone else out on being the spy. What if you're just trying to draw attention on everyone but yourself? What if you're the spy? How can we know for sure that you're not one of Ganondorf's minions?
... Damn it, you're just too good at this. I confess, I'm the spy and one of Ganondorf's minions. Sorry, guys.

Hello my children. How art thou?
Good, you? And it's about time you finally made a Smash Boards account.

Well, since the day is just about over.. I thought I'd ask what everyone got for christmas!

I got 120 bucks so thats going to my wii u fund. It's been a good day. So again, how did everyone elses go? If you don't celebrate it, then well how was your day in general? Anyways, later my tuna links <:D
I'm Jewish, so I don't celebrate Christmas, but my day was okay. It was pretty much an average day for me except that I got takeout from a Chinese restaurant, which was nice. It always surprises me though how many Chinese restaurants are closed on Christmas where I live, apparently they're usually open elsewhere.

MasterIzumi

Smash Rookie
Well, I'm doing pretty good, but I'll be going to bed soon. Welcome to Smashboards by the way, and Merry Christmas too.
Ive actually been on Smashboards before. Back in like... 2008 lol. So welcome back is more accurate. New account too since my old one is lost to the void xD But thank you regardless! ^v^

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium

My Christmas was good. My parents and I watched a few Christmas themed movies.
I wasn't expecting anything, but my parents got me a GameStop gift card. Now I just have to figure out what I should spend it on.

What do you guys think a Christmas on Outset Island is like?

MasterIzumi

Smash Rookie
I got FFX HD remastered. Cool surprise. I also got some TL related stuff such as a figure and a real Ocarina of Time. I also got afew cool anime related stuff and also a MK plushie =p

D

Deleted member

What do you guys think a Christmas on Outset Island is like?
Warm, hopefully, lol.

So... What do you guys think are the most fun match-ups to play for TL?
Call me crazy for saying this, but I love TL dittos. Also, TL vs Megaman can be pretty hype.
:170:

Cyre

Smash Apprentice
TL vs villager. Always puts me on the edge of my seat. I don't know why, so I can't go into detail. Tl dittos are fun with friends, sure. I hate it on fg and especially if there is lag. Just kill me.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
I enjoy Toon Link VS Ganondorf battles. Toon Link has the capability of knocking him around, but if he makes even a few mistakes Ganondorf can come right back. Both parties have to play very carefully, so I find it to be a fun match-up.
It also makes me feel as if the fate of Hyrule rests in Toon Link's hands...

Tod Comod

Smash Rookie
You guys are so nice. This is a really meta thread but I just had to say it. I've been lurking the boards for a bit a noticed the Link board was incredibly toxic and hammered people asking for advice but I've noticed you guys being nothing but nice.

What makes Links so angry and Toon Links nice?

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
You guys are so nice. This is a really meta thread but I just had to say it. I've been lurking the boards for a bit a noticed the Link board was incredibly toxic and hammered people asking for advice but I've noticed you guys being nothing but nice.

Hey, welcome to Smashboards fellow Ness main (and do you use Toon Link as well? He's my second main). As for the nice thing, I don't know. Personally, I don't get toxic unless someone is being a jerk, which then you're on my bad side.

By the way, as for why :4pikachu: is now in my signature yet I haven't requested him to be added to my profile, I played with him tonight, found I fit with him, and now just want to play against somebody else with him to see if I will pick him up as a secondary.

And @Masterlzumi, sorry I didn't know. Welcome back.

Last edited:

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Favourite MU is against anyone big and slow. Makes throwing projectiles and following up a breeze. You feel like an untouchable god, until they hit you twice and even it up.

After a couple months of trying to find a new main, I've come full circle back to Toon Link. The lost of BLC sent me spiraling into a journey to find myself, What it all meant. I have returned with bomb in hand.

D

Deleted member

I dread the Villager and Ganondorf match-ups, lol. Villager mainly because of his tree and since his fsmash (or at least, I think that's what it is) makes our spin attack useless for recovery. Ganondorf because of how difficult he is to kill, and if you mess up a kill attempt his hitting like a truck + the rage effect is going to lead to a nasty punish.

I guess it's not too surprising how Link mains tend to be, considering Link has been low tier in every.

After a couple months of trying to find a new main, I've come full circle back to Toon Link. The lost of BLC sent me spiraling into a journey to find myself, What it all meant. I have returned with bomb in hand.
Well, of course. Toon Link is the right main, after all. So yeah, congrats on coming back to the right character!

Also, I recently decided to take pictures of my TL doll with my red and black Link hats for no reason, so here you guys go. 000Dollwithredhat.jpg
000Dollwithblackhat.jpg

Speaking of colorful hats, if you guys could replace TL's current costumes with whatever you wanted, what would you replace them with?
Here are mine:
Default/green: Same
Red: Same, except with white sleeves instead of pink sleeves
Blue: Same
Purple: Completely replaced with yellow
Lime green: Completely replaced with orange
Dark TL: I would just have the tunic be black, and everything else be normal except maybe a red undershirt.
White: Same
Dark green: Same
What about you guys?

D

Deleted member

You already know it doe.

Oh man, how could I forget about that one. I'd die from happiness if there were ever a red one outside of just Project M. Red pj Toon Link is simply the best.

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Sorry if it seems like my profile is changing a lot, but I've added Pikachu to my secondaries and promoted Kirby to main status.

Oh, and I'm changing my username to PSIBoy.

Last edited:

Cyre

Smash Apprentice

Guess what I want for christmas, Santa.

This is for the spy.

Last edited:

pridy

:]
Hey all, looking to making Toon Link my secondary so I would love to be added to the skype group!

Cyre

Smash Apprentice
Some toon link art, I happened to stumble upon..

Toon link is love, Loon Tink is life.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sorry if it seems like my profile is changing a lot, but I've added Pikachu to my secondaries and promoted Kirby to main status.

Oh, and I'm changing my username to PSIBoy.
Changed the mains and secondaries parts. As fo the username, I' not sure I understand. It looks exactly the same as your username in the profile and your current name.

Guess what I want for christmas, Santa.

This is for the spy.
Toon Rocket? lol

Some toon link art, I happened to stumble upon..

Toon link is love, Loon Tink is life.
That is some seriously amazing Loon Tink art.
I don't have much Loon Tink art on my phone, just this stuff.

Attachments

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Changed the mains and secondaries parts. As fo the username, I' not sure I understand. It looks exactly the same as your username in the profile and your current name.
In game username. Now I just realized there was no place for that in my profile... WOW, INCREDIBLE!

Cyre

Smash Apprentice

This is probably the third time I've posted about this thing and I apologize. IT'S SO CUTE THOUGH.

get rekt link.

How's everyone coming along with their toon link play? I'm trying to hard to get more comfortable with my Ats. They are so freaking tricky though. I've spiked people off stage with dair though, that's always funny. Anyways, enough about me, how about you guys?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What are you guys' favorite items in Wind Waker?

Personally, mine are the deku leaf and picto box. I always keep the deku leaf equipped to a button even when it's inconvenient to just because it's so fun to have around lol. Also, I like taking pictures of random stuff with the picto box. I also like using the ice arrows even when they're completely unnecessary and just eat up my magic power.

This is probably the third time I've posted about this thing and I apologize. IT'S SO CUTE THOUGH.
That thing is seriously so amazing. I hope those are common and cheap, because you've posted about it enough that I really want one now lol. The company that made that TL thing should hire you to advertise their stuff, you do a pretty good job at it. :p

How's everyone coming along with their toon link play? I'm trying to hard to get more comfortable with my Ats. They are so freaking tricky though. I've spiked people off stage with dair though, that's always funny. Anyways, enough about me, how about you guys?
I've mainly been messing around with ideas for applying the double bomb. So far all I can come up with is that it seems to be good for edge guarding and mix ups. I've also been practicing b reversals, which embarrassingly I haven't bothered with until recently. After that I plan on practicing perfect pivoting (looks way more useful than people give it credit for), applying slingshot moves, and pulling off AC uair for canceling landing lag from an air dodge. After I've gotten all of those down I guess I'll move on to whichever AT I think is the next most important to learn/be able to apply.
Other than that, I've mainly been working on baiting opponents into bad positions and getting better at reading people.
I've also been practicing juggling two bombs at a time for as long as I can. Sure it's useless, but it's really fun to do.

PSIBoy

Smash Lord

Personally, mine are the deku leaf and picto box. I always keep the deku leaf equipped to a button even when it's inconvenient to just because it's so fun to have around lol. Also, I like taking pictures of random stuff with the picto box. I also like using the ice arrows even when they're completely unnecessary and just eat up my magic power.

That thing is seriously so amazing. I hope those are common and cheap, because you've posted about it enough that I really want one now lol. The company that made that TL thing should hire you to advertise their stuff, you do a pretty good job at it. :p

I've mainly been messing around with ideas for applying the double bomb. So far all I can come up with is that it seems to be good for edge guarding and mix ups. I've also been practicing b reversals, which embarrassingly I haven't bothered with until recently. After that I plan on practicing perfect pivoting (looks way more useful than people give it credit for), applying slingshot moves, and pulling off AC uair for canceling landing lag from an air dodge. After I've gotten all of those down I guess I'll move on to whichever AT I think is the next most important to learn/be able to apply.
Other than that, I've mainly been working on baiting opponents into bad positions and getting better at reading people.
I've also been practicing juggling two bombs at a time for as long as I can. Sure it's useless, but it's really fun to do.
My favorite item in Wind Waker is the grappling hook. So many functions...

Yeah, where can you buy one of those figures, they're so cute.

Still trying to get the hang of perfect pivoting too. Plus edge-guarding those who try to come in low also needs work. I'm just trying to use my projectiles better and punish.

Cyre

Smash Apprentice
I loved all the items in wind waker. From casting the sail to using my bombs on the boat. Even using the bow near the end was epic. Don't get me started on the wind waker and the hammer. I would have ditched the sword for that magnificent beast. Playing music was also kind of satisfying to do during my tween years.

The figures kind of pricey, but the build quality and all of the pieces it comes with makes it reasonable number. I'd recommend stalking it for a sale.

http://www.amazon.com/Good-Smile-The-Legend-Zelda/dp/B00JL74W4I

Oc remix never lets me down!

Last edited:

T-Man

Smash Cadet
NNID
lT-Manl
3DS FC
5086-1450-2098

My favorite items are all kind of magic arrows. The ice arrow is cool when is shot to water body, the light one is just OP and the fire one just....... FIYAH... :p

btw I was looking the whole characters and guys you know what? OUR MAIN IS THE YOUNGEST. We were using the youngest guy to deal PAIN lol

HAPPY NEW YEAR :)

Last edited:

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
btw I was looking the whole characters and guys you know what? OUR MAIN IS THE YOUNGEST. We were using the youngest guy to deal PAIN lol

HAPPY NEW YEAR :)
Unless the Pokemon are younger, this is true, actually. Never actually noticed that before. Thank you, and Happy New Year.

D

Deleted member

Happy New Year, everyone! For those of you who do New Years resolutions, what are your resolutions?

My favorite item in Wind Waker is the grappling hook. So many functions...
The grappling hook is pretty awesome in that game, too. It's pretty convenient for getting items from enemies, which I really love about it.

I loved all the items in wind waker. From casting the sail to using my bombs on the boat. Even using the bow near the end was epic. Don't get me started on the wind waker and the hammer. I would have ditched the sword for that magnificent beast.
True, Wind Waker just has awesome items in general. I can't say I dislike any of them, personally, and they're all pretty fun to use. More reason Wind Waker is an awesome game.

Now that you mention it, TL probably is the youngest in Smash 4 aside from the pokemon. That's kinda neat. Also, now that I think about it, isn't Pokemon Trainer in Brawl 10? I'm pretty sure TL is older than that, which is kinda weird to think about since PT looks older than TL.

Cyre

Smash Apprentice
Awh, you guys know what it is today? IT'S FUGGIN TOON LINK DAY GUISE.

Nah I'm just kidding puddin. It's Toon Link day, every day. Happy freaking new years. 2015 is going to be a thing tommorow and I'm probably not ready. Though, I'll never be ready, and that's entirely normal when it comes to growing up. Probably not going to follow through with any of my resolutions either but hey, I make mistakes.

Anywho, Hopefully I'll get to play with some more of you guys next year. Maybe in some MH4 on the 3ds or when I get my wii U I can join you peeps for some real smashin times.

Have a good one, my fellow Tuna Links.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Happy New Year! My New Year's Resolution is to KO as many people in Smash 4 using Toon Link as possible. According to my records in the Wii U version, I'm on the verge of breaking 2,000 KOs with Toon Link. Let's see just how high the numbers will be by the end of this year.

Also my favorite item from Wind Waker is the Deku Leaf. It may even be my favorite Zelda item overall. I was very excited when the Sailcloth was shown off in Zelda Wii U performing almost identically the same as the Deku Leaf. I can't wait to float around over Hyrule with it.

D

Deleted member

I'm not sure how I did it, but I finally got my Wii U's problem of not being able to read SD cards fixed. So happy I did, and already got this picture. Anyone else have any silly pictures you've taken of TL?

superTL.jpg

Awh, you guys know what it is today? IT'S FUGGIN TOON LINK DAY GUISE.

Nah I'm just kidding puddin. It's Toon Link day, every day. Happy freaking new years. 2015 is going to be a thing tommorow and I'm probably not ready. Though, I'll never be ready, and that's entirely normal when it comes to growing up. Probably not going to follow through with any of my resolutions either but hey, I make mistakes.

Anywho, Hopefully I'll get to play with some more of you guys next year. Maybe in some MH4 on the 3ds or when I get my wii U I can join you peeps for some real smashin times.

Have a good one, my fellow Tuna Links.
Of course it's Toon Link Day. Toon Link is simply the best, so every day has to be Toon Link Day, and... Wait a minute, did you just try to rhyme "kidding" with "puddin [sic]"? I just want to make sure you know that you'll never hear the end of it from me about your grammar.

Cyre

Smash Apprentice
Oh ****, gonna go to my first tournament tomorrow. Probably going to do awful, but hey it's gonna be fun. So **** it. I'm going to go to bed now since my friend who's a jerk suggested me to do so. Goodnight everybody!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh ****, gonna go to my first tournament tomorrow. Probably going to do awful, but hey it's gonna be fun.
Again, good luc-
So **** it. I'm going to go to bed now since my friend who's a jerk suggested me to do so. Goodnight everybody!
... I hope you get your ass kicked tomorrow.
Nah but seriously though, good luck and I hope you have fun. Tournies are pretty cool and fun and stuff, so yeah.

Also guys, who's your favorite pokemon?
Personally, I have a bunch, though I think lately chinchou is my main favorite. I mean, just look at this adorableness. It's simply too amazing
. 65cb85b82b1b371bd8dbd8ec0fc02552.jpg 170_chinchou_by_ubasuteyama-d6tkld8.png 735170_335865219863065_461338419_n.png
What about you guys?
:170: :172:

Tod Comod

Smash Rookie
Hey, welcome to Smashboards fellow Ness main (and do you use Toon Link as well? He's my second main). As for the nice thing, I don't know. Personally, I don't get toxic unless someone is being a jerk, which then you're on my bad side.

By the way, as for why :4pikachu: is now in my signature yet I haven't requested him to be added to my profile, I played with him tonight, found I fit with him, and now just want to play against somebody else with him to see if I will pick him up as a secondary.

And @Masterlzumi, sorry I didn't know. Welcome back.
Ah I never checked back. Thank you for the welcome.

Top Bottom