• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Chat Waker - Toon Link social

Yackabean

"He's shooting arrows out his butt" ~ Scotland
NNID
jack1996
3DS FC
3539-9728-7714
Currently watching @ RiRinKal RiRinKal on FOW1's stream.
Watching you versus his Mario, you should definitely go for more bomb combos.
Learn how to space and projectile throw safely as well and not pulling bombs next to an opponent.
I saw you were kind of just blindly throwing projectiles at Mairo. Don't do that. Instead lock down his movemoent options with your bombs and boomerang by closing off the air keeping him on the ground. Bombs will do the ground work.

For his Peach
Definitely remove that habbit of airdodge zairing. It's a good mix up but overdoing it under landing pressure. Don't do it. Try z-dropping a bomb when moving away from her.
Nair more out of your bomb instead of going for boomerang all the time. bomb > Rang will work at low percents if you SH the Rang throw.
When Peach is floating, don't sit in shield and wait for him to land. Space your self and throw a boomerang in her float cancel. She can't move vertically when floating remember that.
Less airdodging in to the ground.

Aside from that congrats beating his Peach in that match xD But there's certainly work needed on Fow's Peach and your work on this match up!

Falco:
This character surprisingly is trash for us to fight against. Just bait out the reflectors. Falco's seem to over do it when fighting us.
Avoid bair and again keeping both ground and air options closed. Bombs are your best tool in this match since there harder to reflect.
Definitely follow falco off stage when it's low recovery. You'll for sure get a gimp.

FOW1 said it himself. You're air dodge patterns are pretty exploitable.

Good work taking a game off of FOW though. Doing us Toon Link mains proud! ;)

D

Deleted member

I´m new here. I wanna be part of here :)

Username: T-Man
Main: :4tlink:
Secondaries: :4link: :4sheik:
Favorite Toon Link costume: Shadow TL´s one.
Likes: Karate, TLoZ (I´m a collector :p), chemistry and other martials arts (specialy capoeira but I´m not Brazilian :( )
Dislikes: mmm... just disrespect
Other facts: Someone wanna add me? I like playing 1 vs 1 (FG and with friends). Let me know if gonna add me me :)
Welcome! I'd be happy to play with you some time. Just shoot me a message (which you can do by clicking on my name or profile picture then clicking "Start a Conversation") whenever you feel like playing. Also, just added your profile to the OP.
We're starting to get a really nice-looking list of profiles, it's nice to see so many.
:172:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
I guess I should make my profile too. Here it is. :)

-Username: Scamper52596
-Main: :4tlink:
-Secondaries: :4megaman::4sonic::4bowserjr::4zss::4yoshi:
-Favorite Toon Link Costume: Besides the default costume, the A Link to the Past/A Link Between Worlds outfit is my favorite Toon Link costume. My first Zelda game was A Link to the Past, but my favorite Zelda game is The Wind Waker. I get to represent both when I play as Toon Link in that particular costume.
-Likes: Playing video games, roaming through Smashboards, staying up all night, watching movies, and hanging out with friends.
-Dislikes: Getting up early, and having to make big decisions.
-Other Facts: I enjoy collecting, I like to be prepared, and I try to have a laid-back personality.

Last edited:

RiRinKal

Smash Rookie
NNID
RiRinKal
Currently watching @ RiRinKal RiRinKal on FOW1's stream.
Watching you versus his Mario, you should definitely go for more bomb combos.
Learn how to space and projectile throw safely as well and not pulling bombs next to an opponent.
I saw you were kind of just blindly throwing projectiles at Mairo. Don't do that. Instead lock down his movemoent options with your bombs and boomerang by closing off the air keeping him on the ground. Bombs will do the ground work.

For his Peach
Definitely remove that habbit of airdodge zairing. It's a good mix up but overdoing it under landing pressure. Don't do it. Try z-dropping a bomb when moving away from her.
Nair more out of your bomb instead of going for boomerang all the time. bomb > Rang will work at low percents if you SH the Rang throw.
When Peach is floating, don't sit in shield and wait for him to land. Space your self and throw a boomerang in her float cancel. She can't move vertically when floating remember that.
Less airdodging in to the ground.

Aside from that congrats beating his Peach in that match xD But there's certainly work needed on Fow's Peach and your work on this match up!

Falco:
This character surprisingly is trash for us to fight against. Just bait out the reflectors. Falco's seem to over do it when fighting us.
Avoid bair and again keeping both ground and air options closed. Bombs are your best tool in this match since there harder to reflect.
Definitely follow falco off stage when it's low recovery. You'll for sure get a gimp.

FOW1 said it himself. You're air dodge patterns are pretty exploitable.

Good work taking a game off of FOW though. Doing us Toon Link mains proud! ;)
Oh wow.. I am surprised you actually found me playing the game in FOW stream. XD

Yea seems like I am really learning more about this game. XD

When I fought against his mario, I was very mindless for some reason XD(although what you said is true).

when he three stocked win with his mario. I was like "wow... why did I not focusing in the game?".

as for peach fight, I agree. I played 3DS version. and at some point, I learned to BLC zair follow ups, and because of that

that air dodge zair became my habit. Currently Trying to break that habit right now(BLC Zair follow ups is gone so).

And this is something that I also need to work on, NAIRING.

Like, I know how to nair, but I can't pull out nair very

often because I am still trying to get use to the GC controller (Or generally I pull out Fair or Bair in an accident)

as for "keeping both ground and air options closed" Basically

I should throw bombs for locking ground and throw boomerang in the different angle to lock the air, is this what you saying?

As for "Definitely follow falco off stage when it's low recovery" how do I exactly gimp? like what move should I use?

Yea, after that match I stopped doing air dodge habit, but instead working on a other recovery option(Zair+ Zair cancel + Up B)

(and It kinda helped but not always... still working on it XD "and I often SD sometimes TT")

As for Zair bomb drop, I am currently working on it, although I kinda need some kind of video to understand when to use it.

Regardless, I am seriously

thank you for your amazing advice. and I appreciate for accepting me as a friend in Smash Wii U XD.

I am wondering if I can play with you at some point?

RiRinKal

Smash Rookie
NNID
RiRinKal
Oh wait~ okay~! that's how....

I am actually start using C-Stick for Aerial(Not too sure if this is good idea, and still trying to pull out NAIR naturally tho)

Man.... I am too new at this game...TT

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Okay, my profile too:

Username: PSIBoy
Mains: :4ness::4tlink::4kirby:
Secondaries: :4darkpit::4ganondorf::4lucario::4pikachu:
Favorite TL Costume: Dark green with brown sleeves
Likes: Smash Bros, history (especially military history), Transformers, video games, Earthbound, reading, books, fanfiction, Smashboards, friends (when they aren't being jerks), Ness, Lucas, WW Link, Sonic, Tails, Starscream, Optimus Prime, brownies, karate, drawing (even though I suck), model building, AP Euro, Video Game Club (even though the sponsor quit, so hasn't met for 2-3 months), school (yeah, surprised I bet). I could say more, but I've said enough already.
Dislikes: Blueberries, losing to spammers, Lucas cut in Smash 4, people who can't shut up during class/study hall, bad sports, people purposely being jerks/bullies, getting up early for school, forgetting things.
Other facts: I use :4ness: and :lucas: (in Brawl) mainly, but I use :4tlink: rather often. People call me Gus even though that isn't my real name, and I feel uncomfortable Skyping with people I never met before (in the flesh)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Okay, my profile too:

Username: PSIBoy
Mains: :4ness::4tlink:
Secondaries: :4kirby::4darkpit::4ganondorf:
Favorite TL Costume: Dark green with brown sleeves
Likes: Smash Bros, history (especially military history), Transformers, video games, Earthbound, reading, books, fanfiction, Smashboards, friends (when they aren't being jerks), Ness, Lucas, WW Link, Sonic, Tails, Starscream, Optimus Prime, brownies, karate, drawing (even though I suck), model building, AP Euro, Video Game Club (even though the sponsor quit, so hasn't met for 2-3 months), school (yeah, surprised I bet). I could say more, but I've said enough already.
Dislikes: Blueberries, losing to spammers, Lucas cut in Smash 4, people who can't shut up during class/study hall, bad sports, people purposely being jerks/bullies, getting up early for school, forgetting things.
Other facts: I use :4ness: and :lucas: (in Brawl) mainly, but I use :4tlink: rather often. People call me Gus even though that isn't my real name, and I feel uncomfortable Skyping with people I never met before (in the flesh).
Added. We have a really nice profile list now, I was honestly worried it wasn't going to get anywhere.
Sonic and Tails > all. What are your favorite Sonic games? Lucas being cut was pretty dumb, I agree. I think he just needed a more unique moveset.
:170:

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Added. We have a really nice profile list now, I was honestly worried it wasn't going to get anywhere.
Sonic and Tails > all. What are your favorite Sonic games? Lucas being cut was pretty dumb, I agree. I think he just needed a more unique moveset.
:170:
I think it would Sonic Adventure 2, but I actually kind of liked Heroes and Black Knight a lot. Colors was pretty cool while Generations was meh. I actually liked Lost World 3DS but not Wii U. Odd, isn't it? The original Sonic Adventure was good, but too long for me to play without taking a break (by that I mean a week to several months). Never played Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic 06, and Unleashed. I didn't like Rush or Rush Adventures that much either.

I think Lucas was only given similar special moves because Ness was intended to be cut (I think, I'm relying on people who say a message implying this was posted on Dojo), but Lucas's A-moves are plenty unique.

Wind Waker HD was my first Zelda game I played all the way through. Really good game. I have Four Swords Adventures, but I couldn't figure out how to get past the first level and I never bothered to look up how.

I really liked TL in Brawl, but I haven't really started to use him until a few months ago. Smash 4 TL isn't bad, but regular Link seems to beat TL out in more ways than TL beats him out. Looks like the roles have been reversed.

D

Deleted member

I think it would Sonic Adventure 2, but I actually kind of liked Heroes and Black Knight a lot. Colors was pretty cool while Generations was meh. I actually liked Lost World 3DS but not Wii U. Odd, isn't it? The original Sonic Adventure was good, but too long for me to play without taking a break (by that I mean a week to several months). Never played Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic 06, and Unleashed. I didn't like Rush or Rush Adventures that much either.

I think Lucas was only given similar special moves because Ness was intended to be cut (I think, I'm relying on people who say a message implying this was posted on Dojo), but Lucas's A-moves are plenty unique.

Wind Waker HD was my first Zelda game I played all the way through. Really good game. I have Four Swords Adventures, but I couldn't figure out how to get past the first level and I never bothered to look up how.

I really liked TL in Brawl, but I haven't really started to use him until a few months ago. Smash 4 TL isn't bad, but regular Link seems to beat TL out in more ways than TL beats him out. Looks like the roles have been reversed.
Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic and the Black Knight are really underrated. It's also weird how SA2 used to be so popular, but nowadays everyone suddenly hates it. I'm not sure what it is most people like about the Sonic Rush games, either.

I heard that some people think Ness was intended to be cut from Brawl at one point, but I didn't know about that message implying he was cut. I wonder what the message said. And it does seem like the clone and semi-clone characters are worse in almost every way (or in the case of Lucina, just plain worse) compared to their counterparts now. I wonder if it was done on purpose, and why. It seems like a really odd decision.

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic and the Black Knight are really underrated. It's also weird how SA2 used to be so popular, but nowadays everyone suddenly hates it. I'm not sure what it is most people like about the Sonic Rush games, either.

I heard that some people think Ness was intended to be cut from Brawl at one point, but I didn't know about that message implying he was cut. I wonder what the message said. And it does seem like the clone and semi-clone characters are worse in almost every way (or in the case of Lucina, just plain worse) compared to their counterparts now. I wonder if it was done on purpose, and why. It seems like a really odd decision.
Ness: I only heard this through some people on Smashboards, like I said earlier, and I don't know where to find the original message.

Wait everyone hates SA2 now? It was awesome! I should play through it again sometime, been a while.

About the clone thing, it seems that way. Except for Dark Pit: Electroshock Arm>Upperdash Arm.

*Looks at the date you joined and your posts. Proceeds to look at mine*. Well, it seems I spend too much time on this site, eh?

By the way, if you or anyone on this thread wants to spar with me sometime on 3DS, I'd be happy to, but not tonight. Likely not any day of the week either. Maybe I'd get lucky and have a bunch of free time and am in the mood to Smash with some good players. I unfortunately do not have the Wii U version yet, so 3DS is really the only option for me.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I'll edit my profile into this post in a bit. Anyways, Toon Link is one of my secondaries, but I definitely can improve with him. My biggest problem is that I go most matches without using Z-Air at all just because I don't know when I should use it and end up whiffing it most of the time. If any Toon Link mains would like to fight, I'd love to see how others play him!

Last edited:

Yackabean

"He's shooting arrows out his butt" ~ Scotland
NNID
jack1996
3DS FC
3539-9728-7714
Oh wait~ okay~! that's how....

I am actually start using C-Stick for Aerial(Not too sure if this is good idea, and still trying to pull out NAIR naturally tho)

Man.... I am too new at this game...TT
Nair and Fair are usually good gimping options against falco.

And yeah for controlling space, your rang does an impeccable job of forcing people to stay on the ground.
Arrows from a SH are pretty good as well since they auto cancel pretty well in this game from a decent height. I like
SH Arrow > Bomb Throw, it's quite a useful tool.
Falco's generally don't jump a lot in this game cause their ground game is where it all matters now. So the best thing to do is really bait out the reflectors and try put them in shield pressure with bombs.

I'm available for smash if you ever need a game. Just add me on Skype or whatever and I'll arrange a match with ya!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wait everyone hates SA2 now? It was awesome! I should play through it again sometime, been a while.
I don't get it either. Sonic Adventure 2 has to be one of the best platformers of all time, imo. The only thing I can think of is the people who bash it must've played the PC remake or something, which had some pretty annoying problems with it. Still, I would hope these people would realize these issues weren't present in the original, and would know better than to bash the game based off a bad remake.

About the clone thing, it seems that way. Except for Dark Pit: Electroshock Arm>Upperdash Arm.
Pit has better arrows, though, so he's considered the better character for that. Iirc Pit is significtantly higher than Dark Pit on the newest Japanese tier list.

*Looks at the date you joined and your posts. Proceeds to look at mine*. Well, it seems I spend too much time on this site, eh?
How did you end up with that many posts so fast? lol

By the way, if you or anyone on this thread wants to spar with me sometime on 3DS, I'd be happy to, but not tonight. Likely not any day of the week either. Maybe I'd get lucky and have a bunch of free time and am in the mood to Smash with some good players. I unfortunately do not have the Wii U version yet, so 3DS is really the only option for me.
Just send me a message whenever you feel like playing. I'd prefer to play on the Wii U version since I have things I want to practice with the cstick, but playing on the 3DS version is fine, too.

I'll edit my profile into this post in a bit. Anyways, Toon Link is one of my secondaries, but I definitely can improve with him. My biggest problem is that I go most matches without using Z-Air at all just because I don't know when I should use it and end up whiffing it most of the time. If any Toon Link mains would like to fight, I'd love to see how others play him!
Yeah, zair is pretty important for TL. I'd be happy to play with you some time, so just send me a message whenever you feel like playing.

D

Deleted member

As I mentioned in the title and the OP, I just made a Toon Link Skype group. If anyone wants to join, either add me (Skype name: shinatuah) and explain in the friend request message that you want to join the group, or post your Skype info on this thread and someone in the Skype group will add you.

Sooooooo......Any thoughts on Zelda U from what we know about it so far?

Also, for those of you with the Wii U version, what kind of stages have you built?
Personally, I've just used the stage builder to make stages from SSB64. I've done most of the ones I've had any interest in making, but have had a hard time trying to make Yoshi's Island 64 because I still can't figure out how to draw a straight line that doesn't go up/down or left/right. I've mainly been getting lines to go straight left/right or up/down by holding a finger on the screen while I move the stage with the control stick when it's zoomed in a lot. I heard there's supposed to be some other way to draw straight lines, but I haven't been able to figure it out yet.

RiRinKal

Smash Rookie
NNID
RiRinKal
My Skype Name is RiRinKal, I will probably add you guys after I done with Final stuff. XD

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Also, for those of you with the Wii U version, what kind of stages have you built?
Personally, I've just used the stage builder to make stages from SSB64. I've done most of the ones I've had any interest in making, but have had a hard time trying to make Yoshi's Island 64 because I still can't figure out how to draw a straight line that doesn't go up/down or left/right. I've mainly been getting lines to go straight left/right or up/down by holding a finger on the screen while I move the stage with the control stick when it's zoomed in a lot. I heard there's supposed to be some other way to draw straight lines, but I haven't been able to figure it out yet.
Dude, to get straight lines you first make a dot/marker by tapping the screen (then you lift up the stylus) and then you make another dot/marker further over and it automatically joins the dots.
Those 64 stages though. I made the 64 pokemon stage as best I could. In order to have ledges that are grabbable there needs to be a kind of indent, so it looks a bit funny. Standing on the bottom left skyscraper is pretty cool because you can hit people to the right and stage-spike them with the lip that is now there and then combo that into whatever you want because it snaps them right back down to you. I haven't yet attempted to make any others, but I'll probably make them all at some point.

Last edited:

Lamato

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lamato
3DS FC
4983-5234-2632
Figured I might as well add myself to this:

-Username: Lamato
-Main: ToonLonk
-Secondaries: Kirby
-Favorite Toon Link Costume: Blue, Dark, New LttP
-Likes: TLoZ series (obviously), Pokemon (specifically gen ll), Bayonetta, MapleStory, TERA, polite and well-mannered people, dogs, birds, and sleeping
-Dislikes: Tomatoes (not to be confused with my username, they're just gross), quick-tempered people, bugs (except for bro-spiders), morning routines, missing things due to sleeping
-Other Facts:
I've been playing Smash since Brawl. I picked up ToonLink since I loved Wind Waker's charm and aesthetics and I'll continue to main him through all the nerfs and buffs no matter what. I think the reason most people like him is because he shows the most emotion out of all the Links (his facial expressions are hilarious).

I always lurk these forums, specifically the General game discussion threads and character-specific sub-forums. I'd like to personally thank those individuals who make up the AT portion of this sub-forum. They've helped me improve my game ten-fold since the Brawl era and continue to do so even today. You guys know who you are.

:4tlink:

YoBiddyLPs

Smash Cadet
Hello! My name is YoBiddyLPs, but I go by Biddy in Competitive Smash! I was a Toon Link main in Brawl, and a Toon Link main in Smash 4! I have only gone to locals near me in New Jersey, placing 3rd-5th at each. I am aspiring to get better, and hope I can meet some other great Toon Link mains on here! Here is a little Minitage I made from For Glory matches! Also, check out my Youtube Channel if you want for daily content! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfKtB_JLPgQ

Dɛαd

ヽ(=^・ω・^=)丿
NNID
Dead_MK
3DS FC
3539-9682-8374
Hullow :3

-Username: Alexxx
-Main: Toon Link (๑´• _ •̀๑)
-Secondaries: Diddy Kong:4diddy:
-Favorite Toon Link Costume: Purple :3
-Likes: Fighting,Racing and Rythm Game (Osu! for exemple), anime, Basketball, and Sushi (๑• o •๑)
-Dislikes: ....jerk
-Other Facts: My primary language is french so don't be rude with me... my english is verrryyy bad :c

See ya:oneeye:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
HI GUYS. I BACK!!! XD. Been going on holidays for 2 weeks but now I'm back and ready to talk Toon Link

*sees all the new Toon Link mains joining here*

So many Toon Link mains. See this @Dr.Artemis ? We final have more people to talk to. Told you people would come. You just got to have faith.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My Skype Name is RiRinKal, I will probably add you guys after I done with Final stuff. XD
I sent you a friend request a few days ago. I can't add you to the group until after you've accepted it.

Dude, to get straight lines you first make a dot/marker by tapping the screen (then you lift up the stylus) and then you make another dot/marker further over and it automatically joins the dots.
So that's how everyone has been doing it? I think I like my method better at least for vertical and horizontal lines, but I'll have to give that a try for diagnal ones, especially for trying to make Yoshi's Island 64. Thanks.
Those 64 stages though. I made the 64 pokemon stage as best I could. In order to have ledges that are grabbable there needs to be a kind of indent, so it looks a bit funny. Standing on the bottom left skyscraper is pretty cool because you can hit people to the right and stage-spike them with the lip that is now there and then combo that into whatever you want because it snaps them right back down to you. I haven't yet attempted to make any others, but I'll probably make them all at some point.
I've been able to make grabbable ledges just fine without having any indents. Also, custom Saffron City in this game is so fun with the wall jumping. I love using the "buildings" to wall jump off of each other under I run out of jumps.

I feel kinda dumb asking this, but were you always a moderator? I don't remember you being a moderator before. This is going to feel so weird now that we have a moderator who actually looks at the TL board except when someone tells them to, lol. I got way too used to the "anarchy".

I've been playing Smash since Brawl. I picked up ToonLink since I loved Wind Waker's charm and aesthetics and I'll continue to main him through all the nerfs and buffs no matter what. I think the reason most people like him is because he shows the most emotion out of all the Links (his facial expressions are hilarious).
TL's facial expressions > everything. Half of TL's moves could KO him just like his dair for all I care, but his facial expressions are too amazing to ever stop using him.

HI GUYS. I BACK!!! XD. Been going on holidays for 2 weeks but now I'm back and ready to talk Toon Link

*sees all the new Toon Link mains joining here*

So many Toon Link mains. See this @Dr.Artemis ? We final have more people to talk to. Told you people would come. You just got to have faith.
Cool, where'd you go? And it's pretty awesome, isn't it? Like, this thread is actually not too dead anymore, and we actually have profiles in the OP now, lol.
Also, what's this "Pranked!" thing I'm seeing under some people's profile pictures?

Edit: Wow, I just realized this is the 100th post. I honestly didn't think this social thread would ever get that many posts lol. Horray for this thread being active and getting a lot of posts and stuff!

Last edited by a moderator:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Cool, where'd you go? And it's pretty awesome, isn't it? Like, this thread is actually not too dead anymore, and we actually have profiles in the OP now, lol.
Also, what's this "Pranked!" thing I'm seeing under some people's profile pictures?
I was on holidays for a little bit and just haven't been near have wifi spots (or at least any good ones). Yes, it is great all this activity, isn't it? Speaking of profiles though, do you mind if I just up data mine a little bit?

-Username: Unknown Hero
-Main: :4tlink::4robinm: :4link:
-Secondaries::4pit: :4falcon::4lucina::4miisword:
-Favorite Toon Link Costume: ALTTP Costume and Blue/Purple
-Likes: Video games, Pizza, Smash, Mythbusters, :younglinkmelee: (a lot), good music, :135:, The Legend of Zelda series, reading, drawing
-Dislikes: :4jigglypuff:, Falcondorf (kind of) bad games, bad food,:mky:, disturbing jokes, bad books

-Other facts:
I am very childish, I have a huge imagination 9though terrible at coming up with names and passwords) and I (for some reason) and terrible at scare and horror things (games, moives etc) and got **** scare of fnaf,

As for the Pranked name, I don't know, I just posted one message on the Link Boards and next thing I know, I have been pranked! I wish i wasn't, I like the title smash aceman !_!

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
I've been able to make grabbable ledges just fine without having any indents. Also, custom Saffron City in this game is so fun with the wall jumping. I love using the "buildings" to wall jump off of each other under I run out of jumps.

I feel kinda dumb asking this, but were you always a moderator? I don't remember you being a moderator before. This is going to feel so weird now that we have a moderator who actually looks at the TL board except when someone tells them to, lol. I got way too used to the "anarchy".
Oh for real? I thought that it was silly that I needed indents. I'll have to go back and fix the stage then.

And I was made a moderator just today. I wouldn't worry too much. I mean yeah I'll be checking the Toon boards as I always do, but from what I've seen I can't imagine I'll have a whole lot to do here. This board is pretty tame compared to others. There's generally no trolling or harassment even of a mild nature for example. I mean there might be the odd spam post that I might have to warn someone for if it's particularly/deliberately de-railing, but certainly nothing to worry about.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
And I was made a moderator just today. I wouldn't worry too much. I mean yeah I'll be checking the Toon boards as I always do, but from what I've seen I can't imagine I'll have a whole lot to do here. This board is pretty tame compared to others. There's generally no trolling or harassment even of a mild nature for example. I mean there might be the odd spam post that I might have to warn someone for if it's particularly/deliberately de-railing, but certainly nothing to worry about.
Yeah, especially when you compare to boards like the little mac, Pit and others (and Link one too, you know what I mean Fox ;))

D

Deleted member

I was on holidays for a little bit and just haven't been near have wifi spots (or at least any good ones). Yes, it is great all this activity, isn't it? Speaking of profiles though, do you mind if I just up data mine a little bit?

-Username: Unknown Hero
-Main: :4tlink::4robinm: :4link:
-Secondaries::4pit: :4falcon::4lucina::4miisword:
-Favorite Toon Link Costume:
ALTTP Costume and Blue/Purple
-Likes: Video games, Pizza, Smash, Mythbusters, :younglinkmelee: (a lot), good music, :135:, The Legend of Zelda series, reading, drawing
-Dislikes: :4jigglypuff:, Falcondorf (kind of) bad games, bad food,:mky:, disturbing jokes, bad books
-Other facts: I am very childish, I have a huge imagination 9though terrible at coming up with names and passwords) and I (for some reason) and terrible at scare and horror things (games, moives etc) and got **** scare of fnaf,

As for the Pranked name, I don't know, I just posted one message on the Link Boards and next thing I know, I have been pranked! I wish i wasn't, I like the title smash aceman !_!
Sure, I'll update your profile after I post this. I'm happy to update profiles whenever as long as it isn't like more than once a day or anything. I've updated mine quite a bit, so it's only fair.
I wish someone would prank me lol, my title is boring and I wouldn't mind an interesting change.

@Dr. Artemis Ooh, if you're available right now I'd love to play against you!
I'd be happy to play you, but I'm actually right about to go to bed. If you send me a private message we could try to arrange a time to play from there. It would be easier than posting about it here. I should just mention that I probably won't have access to the Wii U version for two weeks or so, so I'll only be able to play on the 3DS.
Also, do you know anything about this pranking stuff?

Oh for real? I thought that it was silly that I needed indents. I'll have to go back and fix the stage then.
I could be wrong and it could be possible that you need at least miniscule and hard-to-notice indents. I've been wondering why ledges sometimes don't let me make them grabbable. But yeah, when I get it to work there still aren't any noticable indents.

I take it you have juridiction over the TL board here, then, right? Does this mean I should bug you instead of Kikwi-Kiwi? Lol. I ended up bugging poor Kikwi-Kiwi at least twice a day, so I think they deserve the break lol.

Yeah, especially when you compare to boards like the little mac, Pit and others (and Link one too, you know what I mean Fox ;))
I always think the TL board has terrible issues until I look at the Link board. Just... Yikes. Makes me glad I ended up deciding not to use Link at all, lol. The TL board is so much nicer.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Sure, I'll update your profile after I post this. I'm happy to update profiles whenever as long as it isn't like more than once a day or anything. I've updated mine quite a bit, so it's only fair.
I wish someone would prank me lol, my title is boring and I wouldn't mind an interesting change.
Aw, thanks. Yeah, I will consider updating (not daily though) over the course of time. Thanks again :).

I always think the TL board has terrible issues until I look at the Link board. Just... Yikes. Makes me glad I ended up deciding not to use Link at all, lol. The TL board is so much nicer.
Well, there not a bad bunch of people, actually, it's just, after what Toon Link did you a lot of Link mains in Brawl, they kind of snap and really am hate the little fella. Though you can survive if you are tough, like Fox. Though they like to troll. A lot actually. again, Fox probably knows more than I do

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
I take it you have juridiction over the TL board here, then, right? Does this mean I should bug you instead of Kikwi-Kiwi? Lol. I ended up bugging poor Kikwi-Kiwi at least twice a day, so I think they deserve the break lol.

I'm modding the Link boards and the Toon boards. But if you're going to be bugging a moderator at least twice a day, might I suggest going to @ FalKoopa FalKoopa XD. He's also a moderator of the Toon boards and he's a top bloke. No but seriously, you can message either one of us. I don't mind.

Oh and the Link boards is a fun place. It's not for everyone obviously, but I like it there. Lurk more, see if it grows on you.
Just stay away from Shin's shed.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Yeah, if you people want to change something I encourage you to bug the mods. We're here for that very reason.

PSIBoy

Smash Lord

I'd be happy to play you, but I'm actually right about to go to bed. If you send me a private message we could try to arrange a time to play from there. It would be easier than posting about it here. I should just mention that I probably won't have access to the Wii U version for two weeks or so, so I'll only be able to play on the 3DS.
Also, do you know anything about this pranking stuff?

I could be wrong and it could be possible that you need at least miniscule and hard-to-notice indents. I've been wondering why ledges sometimes don't let me make them grabbable. But yeah, when I get it to work there still aren't any noticable indents.

I think that Premium members can prank you, I think I found it in the Meet and Greet center outlining rules and guidelines.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Would any Toon Link mains like to play a bit on the Wii U version? Looking to improve my own Toon, so I'd love to play somebody!

Marcos_Trujillo

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1521-3311-1599
-Username: Marcos_Trujillo
-Main(s): Toon Link, Marth
-Secondaries: Ness, Kirby, Fox, Falco, Mario
-Favorite Toon Link Costume: Dark Toon Link :)
-Dislikes: Bad Food, Ike, Jigglypuff (can't play as them),
-Other Facts: Villager is too OP

D

Deleted member

So the moderators for the Toon Link board are Kikwi-Kiwi, FalKoopa, and Fox Is Openly Deceptive? Just to make sure that's clear.

Made it myself. Cutting bits from fan art and rearranging them.
That Toon Link picture in your sig is amazing. Do you have the full picture?

I accepted sorry for the late response XD
Whoops, I only just noticed this message just now Just added you to the group. Sorry that took as long as it did.

So..... What do you guys think of this thing about how Sakurai probably isn't going to do any more balance patches?
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/...ther-outside-fixes-improve-online-experience/

http://smashboards.com/threads/acco...1-0-4-will-be-the-final-balance-patch.382837/

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hey @ Fox Is Openly Deceptive Fox Is Openly Deceptive , do you now where Smash Tournaments are hold commonly in Australia? Just curious.

What do I think?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Please for GODS SAKE SAKURIA, just fix up Toon Link's Up B and Improve his air mobility! That's all I ask !_!

Dawwwwwww. That's so cute X3. Do you have a smaller version?

Top Bottom