• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Charizard Social: Merry Switchmas!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I go with the default color scheme. In a mirror match where my opponent is also orange, however, I go with the white one.
I want to like the blue one, but it just doesn't look right to me.

Shog

Smash Ace
Cherryzard/Pepperonizard/Charmeleonzard for me! Charmeleon is my fav of the three stages of the charmander family anyways

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
"'I just farted'- Charizard"
"Choose a different character"

Why Miiverse stage...why?

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
I use the green 'Zard! I use green for everybody~ =)

I was dissapointed to hear that down-throw got nerfed at first, but I'm pretty freaking happy about the end result. Seismic Toss as a kill throw was something I wanted ever since I first played Charizard back in Smash 4 back in October (Zards' u-throw in PM is bonkers). It seems that up-throw is as strong as the old down-throw as well! Down-throw as a combo throw is also really neat and gives us more options. U-throw looked cool but was pretty useless before this patch, so I'm glad that they buffed it. In the end, 'Zard got buffed quite a bit! I'm gonna miss killing with down-throw though, even if Seismic Toss is just as cool... it was so satisfying breathing fire into the enemies' faces to end their souls...

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
This probably went unoticed with all the awesomeness that happened this patch but Charizard's jab is a kill move now.

Jab 1 pulls them in kinda like D3's Jab 1.

Jab 2 pops them up slightly more

Jab 3 kills (at like 170-ish % lol)

Also the jabs will always link regardless of spacing now. No more getting inturrupted by littlemacs!

:006:

Hype!

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I use the green 'Zard! I use green for everybody~ =)

I was dissapointed to hear that down-throw got nerfed at first, but I'm pretty freaking happy about the end result. Seismic Toss as a kill throw was something I wanted ever since I first played Charizard back in Smash 4 back in October (Zards' u-throw in PM is bonkers). It seems that up-throw is as strong as the old down-throw as well! Down-throw as a combo throw is also really neat and gives us more options. U-throw looked cool but was pretty useless before this patch, so I'm glad that they buffed it. In the end, 'Zard got buffed quite a bit! I'm gonna miss killing with down-throw though, even if Seismic Toss is just as cool... it was so satisfying breathing fire into the enemies' faces to end their souls...
They'll get enough fire in their faces with flamethrower anyway. And flamethrower gimping is still soul-crushing.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
well, from what i can tell something like FLUDD won't push zard during uthrow, i guess he's just too fast and fat for that

if you grab someone on the side of castle siege during a transformation and the ground falls out from under you, you will kamikaze. i assume that's the only time you can suicide with uthrow

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
"'I just farted'- Charizard"
"Choose a different character"

Why Miiverse stage...why?
It could be worse.

You could play Lucina. She gets blamed for causing 9/11.

I'm not screwing with you.

There are 9/11 jokes, multiple of them, particularly with Lucina. At first I thought the Miiverse was a hilarious idea but now I can't see it sticking around, at least not without developer made "mii posts".

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
if you grab someone on the side of castle siege during a transformation and the ground falls out from under you, you will kamikaze. i assume that's the only time you can suicide with uthrow
If Link is holding a bomb, and it goes off while you're off screen, you'll both die.

The timing is strict, but it's happened to me by random chance before. It was hilarious.

SkyboundTerror

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SkyboundTerror
3DS FC
0559-6972-5367
All the crap posts and drawings on Charizard's Miiverse page makes me want to punch someone in the spleen. Help me remedy this, people, I beg!

SkyboundTerror

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SkyboundTerror
3DS FC
0559-6972-5367
Not bad at all! That's the kind of stuff people like to see.

I've only done one drawing so far though I plan to do more with some not-so-subtle tips. I've been seeing a lot of posts that say to spam side B. No no no no. No. NO.

DUKEL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SirDukeIII
Hey guys I'm watching M2K's twitch and he's heavily considering going Charizard at Evo. He says that Charizard has been his favorite char to play since the 3DS release. So you might get some high level representation!

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Hey guys I'm watching M2K's twitch and he's heavily considering going Charizard at Evo. He says that Charizard has been his favorite char to play since the 3DS release. So you might get some high level representation!
I doubt that he'll play Zard at a regional/national let alone EVO. It seems to be a lot like Mewtwo in Melee for him... he says that he is fun to play and that Zard suits him, but he also said that he considers Zard low tier. He most likely won't play him seriously.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
don't worry guys. i just bought my plane tickets to EVO today. i may not be m2k, but i like my chances at getting outta pools, especially with customs and these buffs B)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Man, this section is just booming with activity.

It's beautiful.
What DrRiceBoy said is probably true; he probably won't be using Charizard in anything serious.

...I do hope, however, that he uses Charizard in matches thinks he'll win anyway. Our metagame could use a pro to help show us how to play.
don't worry guys. i just bought my plane tickets to EVO today. i may not be m2k, but i like my chances at getting outta pools, especially with customs and these buffs B)
Well, I wish you the best of luck.
Go show 'em that Charizard's not just a big joke.

Last edited:

DUKEL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SirDukeIII
I doubt that he'll play Zard at a regional/national let alone EVO. It seems to be a lot like Mewtwo in Melee for him... he says that he is fun to play and that Zard suits him, but he also said that he considers Zard low tier. He most likely won't play him seriously.
Just heard him call him mid tier. He does have some bad matchups, though. I wouldn't be surprised if he used him for some MUs though.

He's playing him right now on FG. So if you're awake and stuff:
http://www.twitch.tv/mew2king

Last edited:

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
I'm watching his stream now. His Zard is okay. I tested him on Zard's worst matchup and he passed the test: Zero Suit Samus.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
M2King was kind of mediocre.

I don't think he knows just what Zard can do yet.

SmashRacer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmashRacer
Not bad at all! That's the kind of stuff people like to see.

I've only done one drawing so far though I plan to do more with some not-so-subtle tips. I've been seeing a lot of posts that say to spam side B. No no no no. No. NO.

Saw this drawing on the Miiverse Stage while I was in Training Mode looking for combos out of Down Throw. Freaking love Down Throw to Up B.
Charizards Hoo Hah combo kills DeDeDe at 109% on FD. Was done on a CPU in Training

Last edited:

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
If Ivysaur were to get released along with Charizard's recent buffs... I think I might just have a heart attack.

:006:

Top Bottom