• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Charizard Social: Merry Switchmas!

Marrow

Speak softly and carry a Thick Club
3DS FC
1993-9950-1450
Yeah its pretty annoying how amiibos get bought out so fast. Esssspecially the store exclusive ones.. (Shulk and Ness). I managed to get a Charizard amiibo luckily, I'm wondering how I can train him.
I managed to get one in the twelve seconds or so they were available on OtakuMode. Only ended up spending like four bucks on it since I had some store credit, to boot!

Also, a bit unrelated but I messed with my sound settings and learned Flare Blitz has a voice clip hidden beneath all those sound effects! Dragon Rush doesn't seem to, though.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
I got one a couple days early, a Walmart put their stock out early and my amiibo hunting bud alerted me. B)

Strider755

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ike755
3DS FC
1220-7045-0584
OK, so I just got a hold of a Charizard amiibo. It looks pretty cool, and I plan on painting it in its shiny colors.

Anyway, anyone got any anti-Captain Falcon tips? I'm having trouble against his grab.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
Yeah the Falcon dash grab is really hard to avoid, especially when you are landing. You don't have anything safe on shield against him. Good luck! You can try and Dragon Rush away if he likes to do it as you land.

SkyboundTerror

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SkyboundTerror
3DS FC
0559-6972-5367
So I vandalized my Charizard Amiibo.

It's not done yet and I have to go out tomorrow to get more paint, but yeah... I've never painted anything before so I am happy with this. It could be worse!

Jellydino

Smash Cadet
I recently got into Charizard because closet thing I'll get to a dinosaur that isn't Yoshi, and people seem to underestimate me a lot until I take a stock at 60%.

Is Charizard underpowered or just underrated?(The latter would be a shock considering how overrated zard is in Pokemon fanbase)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Is Charizard underpowered or just underrated?(The latter would be a shock considering how overrated zard is in Pokemon fanbase)
A bit of both, I'd say. Charizard is comboed and juggled easily, thanks to his terrible air speed and huge size, and his neutral game isn't great.

However, he's not a terrible character either. He has some pretty good juggling tools himself, and custom moves help cover his flaws.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
Hello fellow Zard mains, Im new to smash boards and was wondering if any of you would like to face me on smash wii u my NNID is XNukedZombie.
Hey dude! I can play anytime tomorrow starting in the afternoon, so we'll play whenever works for you. My NNID is Luigifan141.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Wouldn't mind battling anyone myself.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
Either of you up to play?
Ugh, we really need a time for use to get together. I can't play now anymore. XD

How about this: Tomorrow, I'll be busy until 8:30 PM EST. I can play any time after that. If anyone wants to play around then, please let me know.

I'm sorry that we keep "ditching" each other like this, but hopefully we can all play tomorrow for sure. I'll be waiting! :006:

Last edited:

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
I only have the 3DS version right now
Ugh, we really need a time for us to get together. I can't play now anymore. XD

How about this: Tomorrow, I'll be busy until 6:30 PM EST. I can play any time after that. If anyone wants to play around then, please let me know.

I'm sorry that we keep "ditching" each other like this, but hopefully we can all play tomorrow for sure. I'll be waiting! :006:
I have to work in about an hour today, so I won't be able to play until tomorrow :c

Maybe we should have a sparring thread for this kinda thing? We can post the times we're usually avaliable n stuff, and it would make it easier to find a match.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I only have the 3DS version right now

I have to work in about an hour today, so I won't be able to play until tomorrow :c

Maybe we should have a sparring thread for this kinda thing? We can post the times we're usually avaliable n stuff, and it would make it easier to find a match.
I agree, a matchmaking thread might be a good idea. I can play tomorrow for sure, just PM me when you want to play. I also don't mind playing on the 3DS if I have to.

Shog

Smash Ace
You can do whatever you wish with it. I even have a wingless and tail-less version if you want that too
Nice, I would like to have the wingless version too because I could try to give you creation Cherryzard coloration!

Shog

Smash Ace
Thank you, I tried my best with my limited skills! But having a fresh avatar is neat. Anyways, now I am gonna play with Charizard... I have to~

Jellydino

Smash Cadet
This Dr.Zard thing is kinda cool!

I'd love to play with you all to practice zard, but I only have a 3DS and my wifi is not working for the last 3 days. Unless someone is ok with me stealing McDonalds wifi and using that, I don't want to put anyone through lag :(

Shog

Smash Ace
Btw did you people notice how incredible underrated Charizard is? They seem to underestimate his speed and range of moves and that's why shrek/2Stock them first game so often, after a rematch they bring there A game so it gets to fun close matches ( you know 180% living and getting the Bair Tail Read for example :101: )

They also expect Charizard player to FBlitz very often, but tbh: I maybe use it once or twice in each match, and for recovery mixups obviously :4charizard:

Also Up-THROW -> F-Air on a 0% enemy is always satisfying

Last edited:

Jellydino

Smash Cadet
I love getting off Flare Blitz punishes. Like in one tourney I was in, I played against a Greninja who noticed I was playing passively and he started charging his neutral b. I instantly flare blitz'd it, KOed him and he had the best look of shock on his face.

I just said "I guess Fire beats Water this time"

SkyboundTerror

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SkyboundTerror
3DS FC
0559-6972-5367
It's also fun to just stand on the ledge and do nothing when the opponent is off-stage, which scares them into air-dodging/recovering low. Then when they realize you're not going for an edge-guard after you've got them off-stage for the millionth time, you edge-guard with a lame neutral air/forward air.

Can we talk about the beauty of retreating forward airs? So many players do not know how to deal with it!

Abyssal Lagiacrus

Fly across the high seas and mountains
NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
Dude, it's the best whenever you're fighting someone who expects a "noob charizard who only flareblitzes", because then they're thrown off when you don't do that.

I've always been curious though, why in the world does Zard's back throw have like 0 end lag, I can chase them literally immediately after I throw them. It's pretty great.

( you know 180% living and getting the Bair Tail Read for example :101: )
Literally me. I live forever and his Bair is soooo good.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I just realized that Charizard's reveal trailer showed him quickly gliding throw the air at incredible speed, as he swifty and effortlessly dodges a barrage of projectiles headed his way. It's extremely ironic, considering how that's the exact opposite of how Charizard actually plays.

Also, that Dr.Zard was beautiful. It brought a tear right to my eye.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Someone fight me rar.

Top Bottom