• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***The Cave Bi-Weeklies Official Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

chun1

Smash Apprentice
whoa, is marth1 coming to this? i was going to ditch this but if rado brothers are coming...

any decisions on a date?

CrappyDonkey

Smash Apprentice
alright the decision is made it will be on Saturday this week. I can't do it this Sunday. Sorry guys

Edit: Oh and I'm thinking maybe RR again. Whats the consensus?

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
uh oh watch out if those radovi bros havent played in a long time their mindgames will be penultimate.

luckily my mindgames are always ultimate, so i do not fear them

Zjiin

Smash Master
Yeah, i actually went to the last one because i was looking forward to RR, but it didn't happen. This week I'm going out to the WI tourney, so blah.

Snowstorm

Smash Apprentice
Im coming. Besides lotta people including me dont have to worry about work since its still xmas break. Lets keep it this saturday

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
I vote next week, now, I guess. I just remembered tons of people said they couldn't come before.

DEATHANCHOR QUIT JOHNING

Deathanchor

Smash Apprentice
I'm right here ^ ^ Lol, I posted right before you, It's just that i was not able to get to a computer in the last 2 weeks or so, sorry bout' that, But I'm back.

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
I'm right here ^ ^ Lol, I posted right before you, It's just that i was not able to get to a computer in the last 2 weeks or so, sorry bout' that, But I'm back.
My comp took like 5 minutes to actually post so I didn't see your post :(

Thank god you posted, me and Snow were thinking about kicking you out of the crew since you apperantley couldn't smash >_>

EDIT: 500th reply ftw.

Mars-

Smash Champion
I think we should just move it to next week, if I'm paying $10, I at least want to play a couple of people.

Deathanchor

Smash Apprentice
Thank god you posted, me and Snow were thinking about kicking you out of the crew since you apperantley couldn't smash >_>
Well I am going to post a random match of me playing tomorrow. It was against a CPU so It won't be that great or anything, but It's better than posting the vid of me beating the snot out of my 10 year old neighbor who's the only other smash player that I've recorded a match with. but anyway the match against the CPU shows my basic skills and stuff. So I'll post it here too when I get it up on youtube.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Well I am going to post a random match of me playing tomorrow. It was against a CPU so It won't be that great or anything, but It's better than posting the vid of me beating the snot out of my 10 year old neighbor who's the only other smash player that I've recorded a match with. but anyway the match against the CPU shows my basic skills and stuff. So I'll post it here too when I get it up on youtube.
Or... You could come to a cave tourny and get it recorded.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Sorry for the double post but, important announcement:

ALL CAVE VIDEOS WILL BE AVAILIBLE FOR DOWNLOAD ON DC++. TO LEARN HOW TO GET AND USE THIS PROGRAM, CLICK HERE

EDIT: So, DC++ is being difficult, not working right now.

Razor

Smash Journeyman
why not just have the tourny two weeks in a row? charge 5 for this week and 10 for the next week?

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
NEVER, EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR play CPUs. No matter HOW tempted you are to Smash. That's the reason my game sucks so bad >_>;

Or... You could come to a cave tourny and get it recorded.
Notice his use of past tense.

EDIT: Deathanchor, go on AIM sometime. I've you on my buddy list waiting for you to go online T_T

CrappyDonkey

Smash Apprentice
Its official guys, i'm moving the tourney to next Saturday. Its a combo of I have to much to do and I don't think there will be enough people. So NEXT Saturday we will have a RR tourney.

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
Oh thankyou! My plane won't get in until 12 on Sat. I was worried I'd miss another tourney... and I get a week to get back into the game. woot

Deathanchor

Smash Apprentice
EDIT: Deathanchor, go on AIM sometime. I've you on my buddy list waiting for you to go online T_T
Lol, I just realized, I had you saved under my buddy list on AIM as Quendanation, i never knew it was Ouendanation?!? I guess the idea of three vowels in a row at the beginning of a word was just to much for me. Well I have you saved under the right username name.

halfDemon

Smash Lord
Oh thankyou! My plane won't get in until 12 on Sat. I was worried I'd miss another tourney... and I get a week to get back into the game. woot
Hmm, not soon enough. I can't do anything with you that weekend, and I'm sure Matt can't either. So you'll have NEXT Friday to practice, and that's about it.

Oh, and practicing against CPUs is fine. Just don't develop bad habits and focus on tech skill rather than actual game strat.

Me14k

Smash Lord
According to the first page this is still satuday 1/5..two days from now.

Is it this or the saturday after?

I can't go either date.

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
Death, I heard from a source who will remain anonymous that you demand a 3 second countdown at the beginning of each match and you make music johns.

halfDemon

Smash Lord
According to the first page this is still satuday 1/5..two days from now.

Is it this or the saturday after?

I can't go either date.
Next, Jeff is just losing it.
Death, I heard from a source who will remain anonymous that you demand a 3 second countdown at the beginning of each match and you make music johns.
Just say it. Mars. There ya go.

Deathanchor

Smash Apprentice
Music johns? I am perfectly fine with the music on every stage ^ ^
I don't think I would complain about it....unless it was rainbow cruise, that song is pretty bad.
Unless of course you WANT me to complain about the music, i could do that.

Well, anywho I finally got a little bit of footage of me playing. It's against a Lvl.4 Mario. It's pretty bad but I put it up just to show you I actually play smash pretty much. Nothing special just a few good intercepts, and I know I missed a few L-cancels but for the most part I got a lot of them. (And notice moon-walk at :52) Oh and I'm pretty happy with the quality, I recorded it with a DVR then converted it to an .mpg file, it's a little grainy but it looks pretty good.

Linky: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTgzqwt8k4s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom