• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***The Cave Bi-Weeklies Official Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Well, anywho I finally got a little bit of footage of me playing. It's against a Lvl.4 Mario. It's pretty bad but I put it up just to show you I actually play smash pretty much. Nothing special just a few good intercepts, and I know I missed a few L-cancels but for the most part I got a lot of them. (And notice moon-walk at :52) Oh and I'm pretty happy with the quality, I recorded it with a DVR then converted it to an .mpg file, it's a little grainy but it looks pretty good.

Linky: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTgzqwt8k4s

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
Music johns? I am perfectly fine with the music on every stage ^ ^
I don't think I would complain about it....unless it was rainbow cruise, that song is pretty bad.
Unless of course you WANT me to complain about the music, i could do that.

Well, anywho I finally got a little bit of footage of me playing. It's against a Lvl.4 Mario. It's pretty bad but I put it up just to show you I actually play smash pretty much. Nothing special just a few good intercepts, and I know I missed a few L-cancels but for the most part I got a lot of them. (And notice moon-walk at :52) Oh and I'm pretty happy with the quality, I recorded it with a DVR then converted it to an .mpg file, it's a little grainy but it looks pretty good.

Linky: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTgzqwt8k4s
Lol I don't even get hit when I fight level 4s.

Deathanchor

Smash Apprentice
oh noes you guys hate my vid T_T
I don't suck that hard, I was just trying to show that I can actually play.
I could choose to win and not get hit, but that would just be all smash attacks.
And i played a Lvl.4 because Lvl.9's are not good to practice against.

Deathanchor

Smash Apprentice
Ya, I used to practice against Lvl. 4's for tech skill practice, but ya, I'll switch over to Lvl.1's now. I NEVER face higher levels though because they are so un-human like and don't catch on to things like spamming or traps and use perfect power-shielding. I will try to get a video of me against a human, but i will most likely be facing a pathetic opponent (that's all I can find right now)

Matt

Banned via Administration
Wait... you guys actually PRACTICE?? I just watch videos from time to time and then when I play (every couple of weeks or so) I get frustrated because I can't emulate the videos. I'm a true pro!

See y'all next weekend. =D

khepri

Smash Lord
Wait... you guys actually PRACTICE?? I just watch videos from time to time and then when I play (every couple of weeks or so) I get frustrated because I can't emulate the videos. I'm a true pro!

See y'all next weekend. =D
Seriously, it just seems boring as hell to sit there and play with a computer.

Me14k

Smash Lord
Ya, I used to practice against Lvl. 4's for tech skill practice, but ya, I'll switch over to Lvl.1's now. I NEVER face higher levels though because they are so un-human like and don't catch on to things like spamming or traps and use perfect power-shielding. I will try to get a video of me against a human, but i will most likely be facing a pathetic opponent (that's all I can find right now)
I think you should practice l canceling with ganon.

alcheato

Smash Ace
Hey Deathanchor, what program do you use to convert your DVD footage to .mpg?

Deathanchor

Smash Apprentice
LOL @ practicing L-canceling with Ganon...

Seriously, playing the big G is way too easy...
Wait a sec....arn't you a Ganon player yourself CaptainAwesome? Like a really good one too? So do you mean playing as him is easy, or playing against him is easy?

Oh and for the video conversion I used "SUPER Video Converter" It changed it from a .VOB to and .mpg in about 2 minutes. It's completely free, and you don't need to use a torrent, you can find it really easily on google.

R3DL1Nk

Smash Rookie
i live in aurora, new to smashboards but play a lot. i'll be there. drunk.

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
So, are we gonna have another tourney after next week right away, or chang biweeklies so we have them every other week starting next week?

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
Well... Seeing as I can't get a ride from anyone... I won't be making this one either.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Well I'm not 100% sure on if I can go but I am pretty sure. I might be there a bit later because I got a thing to go to at DeVry and it says it ends at 1, but that might be with the guitar hero tournament, which I don't care about.

Also I'm pretty sure that Sveet is going as well.

CrappyDonkey

Smash Apprentice
Is anyone going to be coming to this? If not I would prefer just to postpone it again and start up on our regular schedule next week. No offense guys but I don't want to come in on a Saturday if only a few guys are gonna show up.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Is anyone going to be coming to this? If not I would prefer just to postpone it again and start up on our regular schedule next week. No offense guys but I don't want to come in on a Saturday if only a few guys are gonna show up.
Translation:

"Sheeeeeooot, be any a yall gunna hit dis shiz? Maik meh chooze, I sah you be waitins fa nekt week. Best naw maik me representin' if nah won gun drop it hard, nawmean?"

To answer, i had plans this saturday but a slight chance of them getting cancelled. I won't know unitl last minute which means if i were to make anything, i'd only be able to make it to bigC's. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom