• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Cast needs more obscure characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
>search thread
>no Tamagon

Are you guys serious?! There's nothing more obscure than this little dragon! With a heavy religious background, it's no wonder his game was never released in the US. He's gone from having a removed trophy from Melee to getting a sticker, assist trophy in the form of the Devil, and a piece of music in the NES Remix in Brawl. And on top of all of that, he's a Miyamoto creation. His moveset could consist of spewing fireballs, cross slaps, and bible-thumping. I don't know if Tamagon would get in due to his religious overtones, but some more representation from Brawl would make this series get more love.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Like others, I would very much like to see Golden Sun represented more in Smash, mainly through having the series' first main protagonist, Isaac, as a playable character.

Another obscure character I would really like to see represented in Smash 4 is Mike Anderson from Battle Clash and Metal Combat: Falcon's Revenge, both for the SNES. These were amongst the few games that made use of the Nintendo Scope. Anderson does not necessarily have to be a playable character; they can just give him a trophy and maybe a stage. I think an HD remake of Battle Clash and Metal Combat, or even a sequel, for the Wii U would be great. It could be one of the first games to make good use of the Wii U Zapper.

Duck Hunt Dog should be playable in Smash. :awesome:
I would actually love to see the Duck Hunt dog in Smash 4 in some form, be it a character, a trophy, a stage element, or whatever. In fact, I think a Duck Hunt stage would be great. It would certainly bring attention to Duck Hunt amongst the younger generation. I would just love to see a Duck Hunt HD for the Nintendo Wii U.

Though I don't like 3rd parties that much I would be willing to make an exception for her. This game needs a revival.

Huh, the character in that picture greatly reminds me of a certain someone from Xenoblade Chronicles, whom I will not specify, lest I spoil the game for others.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Huh, the character in that picture greatly reminds me of a certain someone from Xenoblade Chronicles, whom I will not specify, lest I spoil the game for others.
Yeah I don't know anything about Xenoblade but this person is pretty BA. Imagine if you cross Samus with a Jedi and a transformer and you have the Guardian.

This is more of what she looks like in game.

Actual look in the game (Oh and she is the jet. She doesn't just fly one)

More realistic look.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Bump

I don't know much about the new pokemon past Silver and Gold but I wouldn't mind having this guy in it. Especially if his move set was inspired by the Doctor.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
If Devil world were to get a character I would rather have the Devil than Tamagon.
I Imagine he would be mostly based around summoning and controling minions. Maybe also having an attack that work similar to Isaac's AT.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Maybe he can use the camera to his advantage too. :awesome:
As soon as you knock off the opponent off the right side of the stage, you move the camera to the left to KO the opponent. :awesome:
It's a pretty hilarious idea when you think about it.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
Maybe he can use the camera to his advantage too. :awesome:
As soon as you knock off the opponent off the right side of the stage, you move the camera to the left to KO the opponent. :awesome:
It's a pretty hilarious idea when you think about it.
I think direct control over camera would easily be overpowered. Instead I would give him:
  • moving walls special. Based on those in his game. would work similar to Isaac's AT.
  • Wind Effects. some his attack would have wind effects that he can use to move opponents.
Final Smash would maybe include camera control.
Overall he would have pretty good stage control with the help of minions, manipulation of opponent and good aerial mobility. On the other hand most of his attacks would very weak and he would be pretty light.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I think direct control over camera would easily be overpowered. Instead I would give him:
  • moving walls special. Based on those in his game. would work similar to Isaac's AT.
  • Wind Effects. some his attack would have wind effects that he can use to move opponents.
Final Smash would maybe include camera control.
Overall he would have pretty good stage control with the help of minions, manipulation of opponent and good aerial mobility. On the other hand most of his attacks would very weak and he would be pretty light.
Those are such cool ideas. And hey, Sakurai has at least thought of the Devil as an AT, not to mention he was in Captain Rainbow.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
It's kinda sad that characters from handhelds were never mentioned in Captain Rainbow, Muddy Mole and Prince Sable would've made great characters in that game.
I wish Captain Rainbow came to America. I would've played that game so hard.

D

Deleted member

I would LOVE to play Captain Rainbow. It's just a shame that I can't because getting a Japanese Wii with that game might be a hassle.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
From the Captain Rainbow English trailer, Birdo does seem to have some "language" problems.
Maybe that's why it did not come to America.
Birdo: "Why the **** does everyone think I'm a ****ing boy. **** Nintendo for making me like this in the first place. My design is more ****ty that beautiful."

D

Deleted member

From the Captain Rainbow English trailer, Birdo does seem to have some "language" problems.
Maybe that's why it did not come to America.
This too. I saw a whole playthrough of this game and there were a ton of questionable things in that game. The Takamaru sidequest in particular would be inappropriate for children who could play this game.
It almost got into Europe, but it didn't. The most likely cause is the fact that the game bombed big time.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If the rumours are true, we'll be getting a character from Rhythm Heaven and Shulk. That would be cool.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
If the rumours are true, we'll be getting a character from Rhythm Heaven and Shulk. That would be cool.
I don't think Shulk is super obscure- we had a huge Operation Rainfall to bring Xenoblade to America. Rhythm Heaven on the other hand...

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I don't think Shulk is super obscure- we had a huge Operation Rainfall to bring Xenoblade to America. Rhythm Heaven on the other hand...
Nintendo confirmed that Petitions/Operation Rainfall didn't/don't do anything. (i appreciate the group that started it though)

I would say Shulk is pretty obscure in the west.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Nintendo SAID it did nothing. I guess they didn't want to be bombarded with Mother 3 PLZ requests.

D

Deleted member

I don't think that Shulk is necessarily obscure; there is at least a group out there that supported bringing his game over and he at least has demand. I guess the same can be said for any Rhythm Heaven characters because at least those games have some sort of following.
When I think of obscure, I think of more of the lines of characters like Captain Rainbow.

Nintendo confirmed that Petitions/Operation Rainfall didn't/don't do anything. (i appreciate the group that started it though)
Something tells me that they're lying... but that's a whole different discussion.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Nintendo SAID it did nothing. I guess they didn't want to be bombarded with Mother 3 PLZ requests.
I don't think that Shulk is necessarily obscure; there is at least a group out there that supported bringing his game over and he at least has demand. I guess the same can be said for any Rhythm Heaven characters because at least those games have some sort of following.
When I think of obscure, I think of more of the lines of characters like Captain Rainbow.

Something tells me that they're lying... but that's a whole different discussion.
I honestly believe they were lying. Rainfall was too loud. I also believe they're working on Majora's Mask 3D, but that's just me...

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Nintendo could hardly say the rainfall petition did something, who would want to give others more reason to drown them in petitions?

We'll never know for certain, unless they ever admit it themselves....

I'd also agree that Shulk isn't that obscure......he's part of the "Mainstream Obscure" along with characters like Isaac, Takamaru and Lip.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Rhythm Heaven DS sold well pretty much globally, and Fever is well known at least on the internet for a variety of interesting reasons I will not dive into.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I'd like the obscure characters to be from a Japanese series. There's a good chance it'll be brought to the West much like Fire Emblem was.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'd like the obscure characters to be from a Japanese series. There's a good chance it'll be brought to the West much like Fire Emblem was.
Technically they're all Japanese series. Unless your talking about the silicon knights ones.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
If obscure means some cool retros, then I'm all for it, but if obscure means Mii, then no waaaaaay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom