• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Captain Falcon Q&A Thread

Haze~

Smash Journeyman
The only reason I'm calling out your advise is because it seems very flawed.
In this MU, falcons best option is to play it SAFE and play defensive. Approaching, bringing the fight to him is not a good idea. You succeed by finding holes in his style and punishing them, something that we are good at on other characters and not that bad on him. Letting him do that to you is suicide.
It seems that you are either a bad falcon, or go against idiot Mk's.

Please don't answer a question asked like, 2 pages ago. if the discussion is back there, and not here, that means we're discussing/answering something else.
One thing I can definitly say is that your optimisim and confidence in Falcons abilities will put you in a bad postion in smash if you treat a match up like this by what you posted above and how you did so.
Responses in red.
this works on pro mks if your a TOP falcon, not being a good falcon, using extreme mindgames is the BEST TOOL for falcon vs mk because his moves simply sucks compared to mks, BUT when falcon lands a move you better make it a string/combo or grab or you probably wont win the match. Lol im neither a bad falcon or playing bad mks, im not being ****en optimistic but i actually thought you guys already knew how much pain in the *** the mu was so i was just sticking to ONE positive side if i would give my whole opinin in this matchup i wouldn't do it in one post, i was pointing out SOME of falcons tools here vs mk. i said you PROBABLY wont knock him out of his nado, sure try doing that to m2k anti or kaos, its just not going to happen

and YES what i said will and i know from experiance, did you really think falcon is being pushed to his potential at this moment? lol there is so much more to learn from this mediocre/sucky character that will become handy, i would say the same thing about mk but his metagame is far more developed than falcons, just take my advise and atleast TRY it, you have nothing to lose if your playing friendlies. i know ppl use this move alot, but many times in the wrong situation that gets them punished, and sorry for bringing something old out i wont do it again :)

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
this works on pro mks if your a TOP falcon, not being a good falcon, using extreme mindgames is the BEST TOOL

No its not. The best thing you can do is to start learning to play defensivly. MK is gonna go ham on you and you won't even have a chance to pull mindgames let alone cause variation in them.

.for falcon vs mk because his moves simply sucks compared to mks, BUT when falcon lands a move you better make it a string/combo or grab or you probably wont win the match.

When we do that, most of the time we don't win the match anyways.

Lol im neither a bad falcon or playing bad mks, im not being ****en optimistic

Optimistic? You certainly seem to be. Your above post had optimism in almost every line.

but i actually thought you guys already knew how much pain in the *** the mu

We do.

was so i was just sticking to ONE positive side

I told you everything that was wrong with the above post. You not refuting it leaves my attacks standing. What you presented is not positive. As I said, even if you pull it off, the MK will not fall for it again. He outranges, outspeeds, and outpriotizes us. Thats all he needs to stop us right there, and almost every move in his moveset, even the **** you don't see him using at top play, can lead to serious repercussions if you don't think **** through thoroughly. What you presented can be defeated. It is flawed. It has failed at providing a positive side to this match up, and i have shown you why. Read up.

if i would give my whole opinin in this matchup i wouldn't do it in one post, i was pointing out SOME of falcons tools here vs mk.

Point out all the "tools" you want. What you posted up there is nothing that should be done without heavy consideration of what you're walking into, and what you're walking into is a character that is on a tier of his own. Out of all the match ups, deviating from how you're supposed to play will give you the worst result against MK. Once he starts, good luck stopping him and turning the tide.

i said you PROBABLY wont knock him out of his nado, sure try doing that to m2k anti or kaos, its just not going to happen

The reason why knocking MK out of nado is something that is worth trying is because ever since brawl came out people have been tirlessly working to find a way to beat nado. Falcon has three options that certainly can be used in competitive play. Slapping the "probably not gonna happen" label on it and passing it off as advise is simply bad advice because it is very possible. Falcon punishes. Its one of the few things he's actually decent at. Punishing a nado is very possible, and SHOULD be done instead of approaching the whole concept in a pessimistic way.

and YES what i said will and i know from experiance, did you really think falcon is being pushed to his potential at this moment? lol there is so much more to learn from this mediocre/sucky character that will become handy,

Falcon is not going to discover something that will radically change the match up. Sure every little thing adds up, but only when you can pull it off. The stuff you posted can't be done safely. "falcon has potential" is a slogan that inexperienced falcon mains say. We know he sucks. We know that its not going to change. Brawl is nearing the 3 year date. We've gotten **** done. Your silly, overly optimistic view of falcons potential is something that is going to be crushed when you go against an experienced MK because i STILL doubt you have.

i would say the same thing about mk but his metagame is far more developed than falcons,

He was simply top tier material from the start. The development of his metagame since brawls release has added enough to put him on the top.

just take my advise and atleast TRY it, you have nothing to lose if your playing friendlies.

What is imperical to understand is that we have tried pretty much everything. We know our **** and frankly it pisses us off when a new guy barges in, posts misleading **** and we have to correct it. We know how to play the mu against MK. We know what to do. Trying out a futile strategey is futile.

i know ppl use this move alot, but many times in the wrong situation that gets them punished,

But we use it right. From what you posted, you clearly dont.

and sorry for bringing something old out i wont do it again :)
The reason im calling you out is because you are simply wrong. We know N-air is a decent move. We know how to use it. Utelizing N-air as an approach against metaknight is a bad idea. do you think we haven't considered it? we've considered everything and have found out why it doesn't work. i simply told you.
If you have a theory, and it contradicts what we have, then ask why. Don't use it as an answer to a question, as advise. We like new ideas but don't pass your word off as if its set in stone as advise. its bad advise, and posting it in a QandA can mislead someone. Make your fallacious statement logical, and then post it because then it will agree with what we have. Don't take it personally, but by these two posts, you've got to learn your ****.

Haze~

Smash Journeyman
The reason im calling you out is because you are simply wrong. We know N-air is a decent move. We know how to use it. Utelizing N-air as an approach against metaknight is a bad idea. do you think we haven't considered it? we've considered everything and have found out why it doesn't work. i simply told you.
If you have a theory, and it contradicts what we have, then ask why. Don't use it as an answer to a question, as advise. We like new ideas but don't pass your word off as if its set in stone as advise. its bad advise, and posting it in a QandA can mislead someone. Make your fallacious statement logical, and then post it because then it will agree with what we have. Don't take it personally, but by these two posts, you've got to learn your ****.
When i read my post well yeah it sure looks very optimistic which is not how i ment it to look, the optimistic part is more like a *dont give up falcon can do this* way of typing. you explained it better to me and your very right, but im not one of those newbs who come here and states random facts even though my posts wern't that much of a ''good falcon guide''
Im not the ''new guy '' around the smash community, i know falcon from the inside out and you can check me out playing on youtube mostly vs izaw where my nametag is Inova (being my old tag* only cause i can't upload on my own so far. BUT my explaining skills on the internet is not that good apperantly.. saying naircancel is a good move here will get people to rage on my ***, id rather talk about it and show it offline to people.

Your logic about falcon is pretty flawless, i wonder if your good or just hell of a teacher.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
When i read my post well yeah it sure looks very optimistic which is not how i ment it to look, the optimistic part is more like a *dont give up falcon can do this* way of typing.

Okay. I'll give you that. I haven't seen you around the falcon boards at all. Most people who are new to the Falcon boards are optimistic in the "Don't give up Falcon, you can do this." sense. But they need to know exactly how far they can push that statement, and how to make your game play better to make that statement more sound. About illustrating it, how you did make you seem naive.

you explained it better to me and your very right, but im not one of those newbs who come here and states random facts even though my posts wern't that much of a ''good falcon guide''

I never said you were. You are just someone unknown here who tried to pass off a flawed statement as truth without showing any credibility. I would never really call anyone a "newb," anymore; the word is just ********. We weren't expecting a "Good Falcon Guide." Most questions can be answered with one or two sentences. What you posted was bad advise, trying to pass it off as good advise to someone who wants his or her question answered. That is what I had a problem with.

Im not the ''new guy '' around the smash community, i know falcon from the inside out

Respect here is going to come more from your posts than how well you play.

and you can check me out playing on youtube mostly vs izaw where my nametag is Inova (being my old tag* only cause i can't upload on my own so far.

I have no reason to do so.

BUT my explaining skills on the internet is not that good apperantly.. saying naircancel is a good move here will get people to rage on my ***, id rather talk about it and show it offline to people.

You've only had 36 posts so far. If each of them was like what you posted above, then no certainly not. But it comes with practice.
All I raged about was random people trying to pass off flawed statements as gospel, and the regulars here having to correct them. Everything else was in calm diction about how and why you were wrong. I wanted to rage against you personally, then I would have posted much differently, and your reaction would be much different.

Your logic about falcon is pretty flawless, i wonder if your good or just hell of a teacher.

I play Falcon for fun. I don't pride myself in saying that I'm any good at him; I suck. I main Metaknight, and that is who I take to local tourneys.
Responses in red.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Haze is legit and English isn't his first language so give the guy a break.

Not saying he's right, though.
Judging from his post, he isn't. If he is, then fine, but your second sentence comes into play.
I never called him out on his grammar or spelling. I acknowledged that presenting what you know online can be difficult. I've been there too.

The sole purpose of my posts was to point out the flaws in his, and how before posting something as a definite answer to the question, you should look it up. It's not that hard, the answer can be found in the match up summary and discussion about the CF vs MK MU.
He knows that now. I doubt he'll do it again. He's one step closer to having a better experience here, because now he knows one thing he shouldn't do. Nothing personal against him.

Lionman

Smash Champion
Im divided, i respect haze a lot but i think he can improve a lot and i think playing against Izaw dont proves anything because Izaw is more like a show guy but i cant talk because i fail since 2010 and im not one of the serious Falcons anymore.

If you want to face MK with Falcon dont use Nair, use Bair.

But you simply cant beat a top MK, there is no way, maybe you can do a Miracle in a match but that wont make you to win the set.

Keep falcon for low tier tourneys, he is one of the best choices there

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Regardless of what his reputation is as a falcon main or even a smash player,

Posting a severely flawed response to a question is misguiding, and that is something that dents the credibility of the person and this QandA. That is something that I'm gonna point out because that is something we don't need.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Regardless of what his reputation is as a falcon main or even a smash player,

Feeding an obvious troll is a waste of time, and that is something that dents the credibility of the person and this QandA. And by responding to that post I contribute to the feeding.
Fix'd

Srsly u guise, it's not even a good troll.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Fix'd

Srsly u guise, it's not even a good troll.
Then how about, the next time this happens I'm not going to use logic and critique the post and instead just flame him, classic Darxmarth style?

I know that I wouldn't mind. It gets the job done faster, and it gives the added bonus of the person never coming back again.

Haze~

Smash Journeyman
Im divided, i respect haze a lot but i think he can improve a lot and i think playing against Izaw dont proves anything because Izaw is more like a show guy but i cant talk because i fail since 2010 and im not one of the serious Falcons anymore.

If you want to face MK with Falcon dont use Nair, use Bair.

But you simply cant beat a top MK, there is no way, maybe you can do a Miracle in a match but that wont make you to win the set.

Keep falcon for low tier tourneys, he is one of the best choices there
yeah a miracle match won't even let you win the set.. but that is vs top mks as you said, now lets **** them mediocre mks up, those i really enjoy beating with falcon hahaha

Haze~

Smash Journeyman
Well the best answer is always the same : don't feed it.
haze can troll waay better than that al though i wasn't trolling here, heres a better tip for my 'trolling' when you get to jab mk and he sds away so you can't grab him , now its a good chance to hit mk with naircancel or lower ftilt ( on his shield probably) or you can just shield and get stabbed until he breaks you just saying.. you can start flaming me now. pz

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Haze I was talking about BLM whom you responded to.
I know your input was srs, you were just giving advices to someone who couldn't care less.

About the content I kind of agree, Falcon has some options against MK, but they are so ridiculously situational the time and effort you put in the matchup is just not worth it.

Makaveli tha Don

Smash Apprentice
haze can troll waay better than that al though i wasn't trolling here, heres a better tip for my 'trolling' when you get to jab mk and he sds away so you can't grab him , now its a good chance to hit mk with naircancel or lower ftilt ( on his shield probably) or you can just shield and get stabbed until he breaks you just saying.. you can start flaming me now. pz
Learn to spell check and actually use grammar and maybe next time you post ******** **** on our boards it won't look like someone took a turd on the screen. ******.

Lol jk. What can I say? I'm an opportunist.
Haze I was talking about BLM whom you responded to.
Dawg if you told me that's who you were referring to, then i wouldn't have posted a billion times defending my position on answering haze.

Makaveli tha Don

Smash Apprentice
Can jab UpB be used as a damage racker?
Escapable. On top of that, if it works once then it isn't going to work again in that match. Plus, if you miss you're gonna get punished badly. Better off with a safer, more frame tight move string like Jab > Grab > Aerial.

Makaveli tha Don

Smash Apprentice
If you wanna play high risk high return then go right ahead.

Just keep in mind the human factor; that its gonna get riskier and riskier the more you do it because it'll be easier to read, and the benefits won't increase from doing it again and again. To prevent that, mix up your game.

Top Bottom