• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Burning Digimon Dinosaur - Agumon for Smash - Digimon Survive 2020

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Digimon Survive is in the works and Agumon is the player's partner.
Ok, but I would imagine that that game does have dialogue for Agumon, so it's probably not the game she's referring to. Well, let's just wait and see but I truly believe it was probably her just responding without properly reading the name of the game in question. Like you get a question of: "Is your husband the voice actor for X game" and if you don't know X game you might assume it's the only Digimon game currently in development or something like that.

Yeah but , there are no trailers for Survive with voices.
This would probably make it more likely for her to be referring to that game, as she states that it seems like Agumon has no dialogue lines.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Ok, but I would imagine that that game does have dialogue for Agumon, so it's probably not the game she's referring to. Well, let's just wait and see but I truly believe it was probably her just responding without properly reading the name of the game in question. Like you get a question of: "Is your husband the voice actor for X game" and if you don't know X game you might assume it's the only Digimon game currently in development or something like that.

This would probably make it more likely for her to be referring to that game, as she states that it seems like Agumon has no dialogue lines.
She clearly says in the tweet that Agumon has voiced lines in the game.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
She clearly says in the tweet that Agumon has voiced lines in the game.
The email with Graizen? Or is there a tweet I haven't seen, I am not very up to date with Digimon news.

No, she says: "After hearing Agumon's reaction sounds - he doesn't seem to have dialog lines - ... "

She is specifying/explaining that she can only listen to the reaction sounds because Agumon has no dialog in the game.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
The email with Graizen? Or is there a tweet I haven't seen, I am not very up to date with Digimon news.

No, she says: "After hearing Agumon's reaction sounds - he doesn't seem to have dialog lines - ... "

She is specifying/explaining that she can only listen to the reaction sounds because Agumon has no dialog in the game.
Oh. She may have been mistaking Survive for Smash then.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
I’d definitely support Agumon making it, Digimon and Pokémon both were my entire childhood growing up as a kid, it would be cool with like Down+B would cause him to Digivolve, similar in a way that Pokémon Trainer does to switch between Pokémon and it would be a childhood dream of mine to see Charizard vs. Greymon after all. :grin:

Graizen

Smash Champion
I’d definitely support Agumon making it, Digimon and Pokémon both were my entire childhood growing up as a kid, it would be cool with like Down+B would cause him to Digivolve, similar in a way that Pokémon Trainer does to switch between Pokémon and it would be a childhood dream of mine to see Charizard vs. Greymon after all. :grin:
Tell us how you imagine a Agumon moveset!

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
The new tag got taken off Isabelle's section. We're getting a new fighter soon.

Graizen

Smash Champion
What details?
The composer of the tomodachi Life músic posted this week, is the composer of music for Digimon Cyber Sleuth and Hackers Memory.

Also Tomodachi Life was made based on the Tamagotchis.

And October is the month the first Digimon game for a Nintendo console was released in Japan. Digimon Battle Spirit.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Similarity in the name. These are more like coincidences rather than actual evidence.
evidently they were aware that tomodatchi is the japanese word for friend and that a lot of games probably have that in the title

Alot of people say that.
And the gameplay is quite similar
just cause a lot of people say something doesnt make it true, like the people ive encountered who for some reason think digimon came out before pokemon

Graizen

Smash Champion
evidently they were aware that tomodatchi is the japanese word for friend and that a lot of games probably have that in the title

just cause a lot of people say something doesnt make it true, like the people ive encountered who for some reason think digimon came out before pokemon
Its just that... This is alot of coincidences.

People compare the two games, the Japanese public love Tamagotchis and Tomodachi Life
They go and pick the guy that made the Songs for the last 2 Big Digimon Games to Remix a song from Tomodachi Life
And they put the Song on the Smash Site on the same month Digimon Battle Spirit was lauched in Japan
Digimon Battle Spirit was the first Digimon Fighting Game, and the first Digimon Game on a Nintendo console

Im just saying, this is alot of details, i can't ignore it

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think the Digimon Stage should be File City.
Based on the first Digimon World game, the Stage would have different forms that will apear at random when you choose to play on it.

Old City Day, Old City Night, New City Day and New City Night
Depending on the form of the Stage different Digimons will apear and attack the fighters.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Its just that... This is alot of coincidences.

People compare the two games, the Japanese public love Tamagotchis and Tomodachi Life
They go and pick the guy that made the Songs for the last 2 Big Digimon Games to Remix a song from Tomodachi Life
And they put the Song on the Smash Site on the same month Digimon Battle Spirit was lauched in Japan
Digimon Battle Spirit was the first Digimon Fighting Game, and the first Digimon Game on a Nintendo console

Im just saying, this is alot of details, i can't ignore it

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think the Digimon Stage should be File City.
Based on the first Digimon World game, the Stage would have different forms that will apear at random when you choose to play on it.

Old City Day, Old City Night, New City Day and New City Night
Depending on the form of the Stage different Digimons will apear and attack the fighters.

just be wary of getting your hopes up we've all seen patterns like this

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I think Agumon is an unrealistic choice but I'd love him to be in the game. If he was I'd like a meter type transformation that lets you evolve into Wargreymon during a fight.

Too bad Digimon and Nintendo have had a generally rocky relationship over the years.

Graizen

Smash Champion
I think Agumon is an unrealistic choice but I'd love him to be in the game. If he was I'd like a meter type transformation that lets you evolve into Wargreymon during a fight.

Too bad Digimon and Nintendo have had a generally rocky relationship over the years.
Well, with Digimon Survive for the Switch in 2019, and the Digimon Universe game for 3DS in 2017
I think this is not a problem anymore

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Well, with Digimon Survive for the Switch in 2019, and the Digimon Universe game for 3DS in 2017
I think this is not a problem anymore
Yeah. Digimon will have a presence on the Switch. Namco Bandai has shown that they support Nintendo. They're the ones making this bloody game.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
With survive combing out Digimon will have a total of 11games I think all through out every Nintendo console

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
Did you guys Know? Sakurai created a Virtual Pet game in 2005.

Former Hal Laboratory producer Masahiro Sakurai may be creating the next Smash Brothers for Nintendo's Revolution, but Famitsu reports that he's also been working on smaller projects. Sega announced that it is releasing a new LCD game on February 23 in Japan, which will be based on its popular MushiKing arcade card battle game. MushiKing isn't a widely recognized title in America, but it's a major hit with kids in Japan, where more than 11,000 machines are installed nationwide in toy stores and other locations.

Sodatete! MushiKing, as Sakurai's game is called, is a virtual-pet game like Bandai's Tamagotchi toys. The game, which features 20 different types of beetles for players to raise, comes in a round, plastic casing with horns sticking out from the top. The beetles are finicky eaters, and by figuring out which food the bug likes best, its stats are raised. Players can raise their beetle for one week until it dies, but if they take good care of the beetle, it will leave an egg, and its parameters will be inherited to the next beetle.

Like the arcade version, the player can fight against CPU-controlled beetles in a game of rock-paper-scissors. Sodatete! MushiKing owners can also challenge one another, as the LCD game comes with an infrared communication function. There are also four minigames that can be enjoyed alone.

Cool right? Sakurai knows what Tamagotchi and Digimon are for a long time now.

Link:
https://japanyouwant.com/product/new-sodatete-mushi-king-nokogiri-kuwagata-4-sega-japan

Graizen

Smash Champion
i wouldnt put it past him
Let's be more precise:
List of Games that Sakurai made/worked:

The only games not represented in Smash here are:

-Meteos and Meteos Disney
-Mushiking

Meteos is a Tetris Game and Mushiking is a Tamagotchi/Virtual Pet game.

-We already have Tetris in Smash as well!

So the only type of representation that Sakurai worked with that we don't have in Smash is Tamagotchi.

-Tamagotchi can be represented by Mametchi or Agumon.

The same way he will not put Meteos in Smash thanks to Tetris being more popular.
He will not put a Bug in Smash , thanks to Tamagotchi being more popular.

I think this have alot of weight.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Let's be more precise:
List of Games that Sakurai made/worked:

The only games not represented in Smash here are:

-Meteos and Meteos Disney
-Mushiking

Meteos is a Tetris Game and Mushiking is a Tamagotchi/Virtual Pet game.

-We already have Tetris in Smash as well!

So the only type of representation that Sakurai worked with that we don't have in Smash is Tamagotchi.

-Tamagotchi can be represented by Mametchi or Agumon.

The same way he will not put Meteos in Smash thanks to Tetris being more popular.
He will not put a Bug in Smash , thanks to Tamagotchi being more popular.

I think this have alot of weight.
my point was that sakurai never shys away from tooting his own horn

also he didnt work on tamagotchi he worked on his own virtual pet, tamagotchi is a separate franchise of virtual pet which his game was not part of so saying he worked on tomagotchi is like saying he worked on mario cause he made kirby

Graizen

Smash Champion
my point was that sakurai never shys away from tooting his own horn

also he didnt work on tamagotchi he worked on his own virtual pet, tamagotchi is a separate franchise of virtual pet which his game was not part of so saying he worked on tomagotchi is like saying he worked on mario cause he made kirby
He never worked on Tetris, he made Meteos hes own version of Tetris.
But it is Tetris that enters Smash.
Thats the point.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
He never worked on Tetris, he made Meteos hes own version of Tetris.
But it is Tetris that enters Smash.
Thats the point.
Because Nintendo own the copy right to the music tacks from the game boy version of and they don’t own the rights to metos so it’s easier to include

Also the music composers chose the music not sakurai

link3710

Smash Cadet
Because Nintendo own the copy right to the music tacks from the game boy version of and they don’t own the rights to metos so it’s easier to include

Also the music composers chose the music not sakurai
No, Sakurai picked out all the music, and then the composers chose which songs they wanted to remix from that list.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
If Namco gets a second character. This is is my first choice. Pokemon vs Digimon is a very Sakurai thing to do.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
He would be such a curve ball.

I voted for him in the ballot, with a very badly written reasoning why I want him lol.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I think Agumon is the only video game character of Bamco's that would attention grab not only the casual crowd but the not so into it crowd as well.

Digimon vs Pokemon has never happened before. A chance for Agumon to fight not only Pikachu but Charizard as well.

Virtual Pets is still a niche of gaming not really represented in Smash. Pet Care mechanics would also make for a unique fighter.

Since Pokemon trainers back maybe Agumon can digivovle.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Since Pokemon trainers back maybe Agumon can digivovle.
All bets are off now that transforms are (illogically) back. It's certainly possible and it is a major part of the character.
The question is less one of "Will we get Digivolution?" and more one of "How will we get Digivolution?", I think. What's the simplest way to include it?

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
How should Agumon use Digievolutions in Smash?

Energy Bar (Like Little Mac)
Final Smash
Down + B

Top Bottom