• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Burning Digimon Dinosaur - Agumon for Smash - Digimon Survive 2020

Graizen

Smash Champion
I'm a fan. I've wanted this for many years. Here's to holding out hope!

(Played both Digimon Rumble Arenas, and most of the Digimon World games so I'm stoked.)
Welcome!
I've played all Digimon games, even the WonderSwan ones!

I recomend you try playing the Digimon Battle Spirit games for the GameBoy Advance!

Do you have ideas for a Moveset for him?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Welcome!
I've played all Digimon games, even the WonderSwan ones!

I recomend you try playing the Digimon Battle Spirit games for the GameBoy Advance!

gotta ask how they were? not the battle spirits ones ive got those

Graizen

Smash Champion
gotta ask how they were? not the battle spirits ones ive got those
The WonderSwan games tell the story of Ryo, the Legendary Tamer.
He was born in the Digimon Adventure universe, started a battle with Milleniummon, and ended living in the Digimon Tamers universe.
You will see him in the Ken flashback in Digimon Adventure 02, and he is a main character in the Digimon Tamers season.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Thank you. Well done, and I may consider that recommendation.

As for ideas, I was smiling and enjoying the OP as it's super easy to follow and sold me. As for his move-set, ... I would consider Pepper Breath as the iconic Neutral Special move for sure. It's always a toss-up of interest to talk about move-set for a digimon if you do or do not mention digivolution as a mechanic or not. If it wasn't put in which sounds silly, then I'd have moves from his other forms in his digi-line to pad out his move-set. But if digivolution was included then it would be set to his down special or as a built-in meter.

Hmm... I like the sound of Fire Tower for Side Special, and a down smash would be tremor as an example.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
The WonderSwan games tell the story of Ryo, the Legendary Tamer.
He was born in the Digimon Adventure universe, started a battle with Milleniummon, and ended living in the Digimon Tamers universe.
You will see him in the Ken flashback in Digimon Adventure 02, and he is a main character in the Digimon Tamers season.
i meant did you enjoy them ive read about them online

also tamers is my favourite i know who he is

Graizen

Smash Champion
Thank you. Well done, and I may consider that recommendation.

As for ideas, I was smiling and enjoying the OP as it's super easy to follow and sold me. As for his move-set, ... I would consider Pepper Breath as the iconic Neutral Special move for sure. It's always a toss-up of interest to talk about move-set for a digimon if you do or do not mention digivolution as a mechanic or not. If it wasn't put in which sounds silly, then I'd have moves from his other forms in his digi-line to pad out his move-set. But if digivolution was included then it would be set to his down special or as a built-in meter.

Hmm... I like the sound of Fire Tower for Side Special, and a down smash would be tremor as an example.
Thank you!
I think the evolution should be a meter , just like the Little Mac one.
The more it fills, the evolution changes.

i meant did you enjoy them ive read about them online

also tamers is my favourite i know who he is
Its not so great.
But they have a good story, so it depends on the person playing.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Thank you!
I think the evolution should be a meter , just like the Little Mac one.
The more it fills, the evolution changes.

Its not so great.
But they have a good story, so it depends on the person playing.
well my extream love for digimon may overwrite that but i doubt ill get a chance to play it

Graizen

Smash Champion
well my extream love for digimon may overwrite that but i doubt ill get a chance to play it
You can get a WonderSwan emulator easy
Just Download the games, and play!

Or you can just watch a Gameplay on Youtube.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Many people do not know, but tomorrow is an interesting day for Digimon and for Nintendo.
In addition to having a Nintendo Direct tomorrow, we'll have a special livestream of Digimon the next day!

Will we see Digimon Survive during the Direct from tomorrow?
Would Agumon have a great chance of getting into Smash this time?

KMDP

Smash Legend
Many people do not know, but tomorrow is an interesting day for Digimon and for Nintendo.
In addition to having a Nintendo Direct tomorrow, we'll have a special livestream of Digimon the next day!

What time is the Digimon livestream? If you could give a timezone too, that'd be great.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

it would be nice to see survive in the direct

Graizen

Smash Champion
Not this time!

Let's wait for the next Smash Direct now!

I was thinking about creating a Twitter just to Support Agumon in Smash!

Whats you guys think?

Graizen

Smash Champion
SMASH FORCE

WarSmash.jpg

Playing some Smash

agupikasmash.jpg

People i have something very important to ask, please please help me here.
I asked Dorothy Fahn , the sister of Tom Fahn the American voice for Agumon, about Agumon in Super Smash Bros (If Tom put his voice for Agumon in Smash)
And she said this to me:

It is not a lie, i can send this email to anyone that want to see it.

What you guys think!?

Please someone help me with this!

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
People i have something very important to ask, please please help me here.
I asked Dorothy Fahn , the sister of Tom Fahn the American voice for Agumon, about Agumon in Super Smash Bros (If Tom put his voice for Agumon in Smash)
And she said this to me:

It is not a lie, i can send this email to anyone that want to see it.

What you guys think!?

Please someone help me with this!
Is this legit?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
People don't even care , and this is something big =/
Yeah. I saw the fallout when you posted this on the General thread. People didn't care, called you obsessed, and in general trashed your most wanted character, while they continue to speculate about the likes of Ken, Steve, and Incineroar.

Klimax

Smash Ace
Oh, well, that's interesting. That would be awesome to see. Not surprised that they didn't use the actor's voice, it seems that Sakurai is obsessed with realistic animal screams. To be honest, I don't think he's going to be playable, but hey, even Assist Trophy would be a HUGE step in the good direction.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
So wait, she's the sister or wife of Tom Fahn?

Top 10 anime betrayals though, sold out by his own family

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah. I saw the fallout when you posted this on the General thread. People didn't care, called you obsessed, and in general trashed your most wanted character, while they continue to speculate about the likes of Ken, Steve, and Incineroar.
It's a shame that one can't speculate freely in the main thread just because no one is mentally flexible enough to identify dubious hearsay or preliminary box designs when they can see it, just because they don't want to be fooled again like the ERSB leak of 4.

As a saying in Japan goes: the nail that sticks out gets hammered.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
You wrote sister.

Also how would she have access to the game’s sound files if her husband didn’t even work on it.

Are you sure she even understands which game you are talking to her about specifically?

Graizen

Smash Champion
You wrote sister.

Also how would she have access to the game’s sound files if her husband didn’t even work on it.

Are you sure she even understands which game you are talking to her about specifically?
Well i asked her about Super Smash Bros.
You can see it in the email.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Well, Graizen's "leaks" about Agumon weren't very credible, but now I think he's finally done it.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Well, Graizen's "leaks" about Agumon weren't very credible, but now I think he's finally done it.
I asked her again , if she was realy talking about Smash.
Let's wait now.

And i found something interesting about Dorothy Fahn!

She voiced some Nintendo Console games:

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
Shining Resonance
Castlevania: Judgment
Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love
Star Ocean: First Departure

KMDP

Smash Legend
But, Riley, you don't understand.

The great and powerful Vergeben hasn't said anything about Agumon, therefore he's not in.

(In case you can't tell, I'm being facetious).
---
Regarding Agumon's voice, it's possibly they'd use Chika Sakamoto or who's-ever voice they use for him in the modern Digimon games (i.e. the voice they use when it's just a generic Agumon).

Personally, I'd rather they use Chika Sakamoto, but that's just because after years of watching the subs, I'm more used to the Japanese voices over the English ones.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
You wrote sister.

Dorothy Fahn is a voice actress herself so maybe she voices a character in this game.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Dorothy Fahn is a voice actress herself so maybe she voices a character in this game.
This is an interesting possibility and actually made me research a bit on her. Unfortunately, while her list of character's she has voiced is quite large, she doesn't seem to have voiced any character that I could conceivably see in Smash Bros.

So it is still very weird to me that she would just have access to the game's sound files. Although, her and her husband both being recurring voices for Digimon characters (I saw some characters she voiced less than 5 years ago) which also appear in Bandai Namco games and such is a gateway to knowing people and processes that might allow access to such things.

Honestly, I would be thrilled if Agumon was in Smash, but I am inclined to believe that it is most probable that maybe she mistook the game they are talking about. Is there any current Digimon game in the making? Does it show Agumon as an important piece?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
This is an interesting possibility and actually made me research a bit on her. Unfortunately, while her list of character's she has voiced is quite large, she doesn't seem to have voiced any character that I could conceivably see in Smash Bros.

So it is still very weird to me that she would just have access to the game's sound files. Although, her and her husband both being recurring voices for Digimon characters (I saw some characters she voiced less than 5 years ago) which also appear in Bandai Namco games and such is a gateway to knowing people and processes that might allow access to such things.

Honestly, I would be thrilled if Agumon was in Smash, but I am inclined to believe that it is most probable that maybe she mistook the game they are talking about. Is there any current Digimon game in the making? Does it show Agumon as an important piece?
Digimon Survive is in the works and Agumon is the player's partner.

Top Bottom