• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Burning Digimon Dinosaur - Agumon for Smash - Digimon Survive 2020

Graizen

Smash Champion
probably certainly doenst hurt his chances in fact i image it give the smash team more to work with
I was thinking about it, and if Agumon joins Smash now, this will help sell more copies of Digimon Survive for sure.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I was thinking about it, and if Agumon joins Smash now, this will help sell more copies of Digimon Survive for sure.
of certainly it would smash always has that effect on games, it introduced me to kirby and metroid and convince me to give animal crossing ago back in the day

Graizen

Smash Champion
of certainly it would smash always has that effect on games, it introduced me to kirby and metroid and convince me to give animal crossing ago back in the day
Did you know that Digimon have 13 Games on Nintendo consoles?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Oh , well.
But 13 is alot.
It's more than how many Nintendo games Cloud appeared in, yet he got in. Relevance to Nintendo means nothing now. Agumon can get in if Namco Bandai lets Sakurai use him.

Graizen

Smash Champion
It's more than how many Nintendo games Cloud appeared in, yet he got in. Relevance to Nintendo means nothing now. Agumon can get in if Namco Bandai lets Sakurai use him.
Thats good!
Lets hope Namco Bandai see that we want him in Smash!

Do you believe in Agumon?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Relevance to Nintendo was never an actual important factor for 3rd parties who have a gaming history anyway. It only helps with lesser ones(like Geno, Bayonetta, or Banjo & Kazooie. This is a major thing going for them, but they still at least have popularity too).

The thing about gaming icons is popularity isn't a key factor itself. What is is how important they are to gaming. And coincidentally, Bayonetta is the only 3rd party that happens to have no real gaming history to speak of(though she is an awesome character and even if the ballot had no influence on her being in, her inclusion was still sweet).

Graizen

Smash Champion
Relevance to Nintendo was never an actual important factor for 3rd parties who have a gaming history anyway. It only helps with lesser ones(like Geno, Bayonetta, or Banjo & Kazooie. This is a major thing going for them, but they still at least have popularity too).

The thing about gaming icons is popularity isn't a key factor itself. What is is how important they are to gaming. And coincidentally, Bayonetta is the only 3rd party that happens to have no real gaming history to speak of(though she is an awesome character and even if the ballot had no influence on her being in, her inclusion was still sweet).
And what do you think can help Agumon's chances?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
And what do you think can help Agumon's chances?
He doesn't need help, really. He's already a gaming icon to begin with. The roster was decided in 2015, where he was still relevant, as were the games(and other merchandise). If he did well on the ballot(which is possible), or just Digimon in general did, he'd be the easy choice(as he's pretty much the Cloud of Digimon, if you will).

If he isn't actually in the game(even as a Trophy or AT), then Survive being relevant certainly will help him for DLC as Riley said before.

Another thing is that what'll be most important is making him fun and interesting. The Digivolution mechanic is the backbone of the series. So implementing it correctly as well as a balanced way is key here. To say the least, this is why Smash 4 he had virtually little chance, as Transformations were dead due to the 3DS. This issue doesn't exist anymore, so...

Graizen

Smash Champion
He doesn't need help, really. He's already a gaming icon to begin with. The roster was decided in 2015, where he was still relevant, as were the games(and other merchandise). If he did well on the ballot(which is possible), or just Digimon in general did, he'd be the easy choice(as he's pretty much the Cloud of Digimon, if you will).

If he isn't actually in the game(even as a Trophy or AT), then Survive being relevant certainly will help him for DLC as Riley said before.

Another thing is that what'll be most important is making him fun and interesting. The Digivolution mechanic is the backbone of the series. So implementing it correctly as well as a balanced way is key here. To say the least, this is why Smash 4 he had virtually little chance, as Transformations were dead due to the 3DS. This issue doesn't exist anymore, so...
Read this makes my heart happy.
Thank you my friend.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Consider me a supporter

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Just watching that Battle Spirit video from last page. I love that they used Primary Village as the first stage but what really got me was that stage 2's music was just straight up Rasputin by Boney M.
Ignoring that, though, Battle Spirit looks to have way more memorable stage design than the other games and I'm really dissappointed that they didn't do stages as equally obviously Digimon for Rumble Arena 2.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Hey people , if Digimon Survive is in the Direct tomorrow.
Maybe Agumon has a chance!

I actualy love so much some of the music from Digimon games!
One i hope they put in Smash is this one:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Here's something I'd like to ask first. Did Agumon appear in a game first, or anime?

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Alright then, Agumon got my support for this! Some of these characters I wasn't sure on but Agumon vs Pikachu would be a dream come true...almost as Crash vs Mario

Graizen

Smash Champion
Alright then, Agumon got my support for this! Some of these characters I wasn't sure on but Agumon vs Pikachu would be a dream come true...almost as Crash vs Mario
And you see, Agumon and Crash and my 2 most wanted Reps for Smash.
I started talking about the two together with some people back in the Brawl days.

I actualy think that these two are capable of exploding the internet if they are put in Smash.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Crash isn't in my top 3, personally. I'm a Banjo Kazooie guy and, while Crash is clearly a more logical pick, Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia will always hold a special place in my heart. Those two and Agumon are the three that I can't pick a most wanted out of.
Just below that, though, Crash and the Doom Slayer are both major gaming icons who deserve a spot on the roster for sure. From a more personal standpoint, I'd love to see a moveset that had Crash able to string together his moves in a fast, fluid, almost manic way like he does in his source material. And to see him drift back on screen in spirit form with the impact of the kill move visible before he respawns would be both icing on the cake and thoroughly on theme with recent directs.

Still, though, my JRPG main man and the 2 ninties icons I grew up with will always be my first picks and they had better not go the way of the 4th. Bomberman was robbed!

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
I never even realized until just a few months ago that Digimon began as a virtual pet electronic toy/game, I always thought those came after or simultaneously with the anime or manga. Now that I know this, a small part of me will always hope to see Agumon get into Smash Bros.! Of course, I don't actually expect it to ever happen, nor do I plan to spend any significant amount of time promoting the idea that it will or could happen (unless Digimon somehow sees a major renaissance and gets back to the popularity levels of something like Yo-kai Watch), but you can consider me a supporter nonetheless. Even the idea of an Assist Trophy role for a Digimon character honestly puts a smile on my face. Despite my extreme doubt that any representation would ever happen, though, I certainly won't tell anyone that they shouldn't dare to dream.

First in a Virtual Pet
Second in Digimon World for PS1
And Third on the OVA / Anime
I would like to note that Agumon appeared in a minor role in the V-Tamer manga before the release of either Digimon World or the anime. Of course, even this manga was still an adaptation of the electronic game, so it doesn't ultimately change anything.

Graizen

Smash Champion
I never even realized until just a few months ago that Digimon began as a virtual pet electronic toy/game, I always thought those came after or simultaneously with the anime or manga. Now that I know this, a small part of me will always hope to see Agumon get into Smash Bros.! Of course, I don't actually expect it to ever happen, nor do I plan to spend any significant amount of time promoting the idea that it will or could happen (unless Digimon somehow sees a major renaissance and gets back to the popularity levels of something like Yo-kai Watch), but you can consider me a supporter nonetheless. Even the idea of an Assist Trophy role for a Digimon character honestly puts a smile on my face. Despite my extreme doubt that any representation would ever happen, though, I certainly won't tell anyone that they shouldn't dare to dream.

I would like to note that Agumon appeared in a minor role in the V-Tamer manga before the release of either Digimon World or the anime. Of course, even this manga was still an adaptation of the electronic game, so it doesn't ultimately change anything.
And Digimon is actualy getting big again!
A Game on the 3DS in 2017
Digimon Adveture Tri - Movies/Anime
Digimon Universe - Anime
Digimon Survive for the Nintendo Switch and PS4 in 2019
And now Digimon will have another Animated series, and a new Virtual Pet.
Not even talking about Digimon CS, CSHM and Next Order on the PS4.

Crash isn't in my top 3, personally. I'm a Banjo Kazooie guy and, while Crash is clearly a more logical pick, Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia will always hold a special place in my heart. Those two and Agumon are the three that I can't pick a most wanted out of.
Just below that, though, Crash and the Doom Slayer are both major gaming icons who deserve a spot on the roster for sure. From a more personal standpoint, I'd love to see a moveset that had Crash able to string together his moves in a fast, fluid, almost manic way like he does in his source material. And to see him drift back on screen in spirit form with the impact of the kill move visible before he respawns would be both icing on the cake and thoroughly on theme with recent directs.

Still, though, my JRPG main man and the 2 ninties icons I grew up with will always be my first picks and they had better not go the way of the 4th. Bomberman was robbed!
Crash for me is also very special!
Played Crash Bandicoot 2 and 3 ALOT in my childhood.
And Crash Team Racing was my Mario Kart.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Crash for me is also very special!
Played Crash Bandicoot 2 and 3 ALOT in my childhood.
And Crash Team Racing was my Mario Kart.
Crash came later for me, being a Nintendo kid, and Diddy Kong Racing was obviously the superior item racer but, looking back, it's also surprising just how much of it can be seen in Crash Team Racing. The upgrading of powerups, collectathon and shoot out missions and even the assortment of hub worlds.
I don't know if they CTR influenced DKR or if it was just coincidence but the similarities are striking and both are clearly superior to Mario Kart. Even now if you discount their graphical limitations.

You have great taste in games and I know I'd share it if my parents had bought a different console. As is, though, Banjo is far more my childhood than Crash and I REALLY want to see him get in.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Crash came later for me, being a Nintendo kid, and Diddy Kong Racing was obviously the superior item racer but, looking back, it's also surprising just how much of it can be seen in Crash Team Racing. The upgrading of powerups, collectathon and shoot out missions and even the assortment of hub worlds.
I don't know if they CTR influenced DKR or if it was just coincidence but the similarities are striking and both are clearly superior to Mario Kart. Even now if you discount their graphical limitations.

You have great taste in games and I know I'd share it if my parents had bought a different console. As is, though, Banjo is far more my childhood than Crash and I REALLY want to see him get in.
Actualy CTR don't have cars transforming, but i realy think they look alike.
I remember playing CTR for more than 5 years with all my friends. We just played that.

Klimax

Smash Ace
I remember playing Digimon World on PS1, i sucked at it and I didn't even understand anything since the game was in English. I'll give it another chance someday.

But I love the anime, i had some VHS of it and some figures.

So yeah, I don't really about his appearance in gaming but I love him as a anime character. But hey, since he appeared on a video game first, we can still support him. Digimon is iconic and a part of my childhood, I have to support Agumon !

Graizen

Smash Champion
I remember playing Digimon World on PS1, i sucked at it and I didn't even understand anything since the game was in English. I'll give it another chance someday.

But I love the anime, i had some VHS of it and some figures.

So yeah, I don't really about his appearance in gaming but I love him as a anime character. But hey, since he appeared on a video game first, we can still support him. Digimon is iconic and a part of my childhood, I have to support Agumon !
Welcome!

Some people love a version of a character that are different from the version they put in Smash.
And thats normal.
But in Agumon's case , all his versions are very very similar, so thats not a problem.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Welcome!

Some people love a version of a character that are different from the version they put in Smash.
And thats normal.
But in Agumon's case , all his versions are very very similar, so thats not a problem.
do you mean looks or personality?

Graizen

Smash Champion
--------------

The Digital Monster is a digital pet released in June 26 - 1997 by Bandai. This pet was a masculine counterpart to the Tamagotchi, which, despite having fans of both genders, was deemed more appropriate for girls. It spawned the Digimon franchise. It was similar to earlier virtual pets with the distinctions of being a fighting pet that could connect with others like it.

The original Digital Monster model that released in 1997 sold 14 million units worldwide, including 13 million in Japan and 1 million overseas, up until March 2004. By 2005, more than 24 million Digital Monster units were sold.

View attachment 162571

--------------

C'mon Digimon: The capering monster BUN is a one-shot manga that was first published in the '97 SUMMER issue of Akamaru Jump, which was released on September 28, 1997, along with other manga pliots, most notably Naruto.

View attachment 162577

--------------

Digital Monster Ver. S: Digimon Tamers is a vídeo game for Sega Saturn lauched in September 23, 1998.

View attachment 162573

--------------

Digimon Adventure V-Tamer 01 is a manga. Launched November 21, 1998.

View attachment 162578

--------------

Digimon World is a video game by Bandai on the PlayStation, released in January 28 - 1999, about the Digimon virtual pets. It was followed by various sequels released for the PlayStation and other platforms.

View attachment 162574

--------------

Digimon Adventure the Anime launched March 7, 1999.

View attachment 162575

--------------

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I'm slightly confused. I read the entire first post in Agumon's voice and it works so well. I'm still confused, but can't doubt that OP made a solid case.

I'm sold- here's to hoping Ultimate Agumons it up.

Graizen

Smash Champion
I'm slightly confused. I read the entire first post in Agumon's voice and it works so well. I'm still confused, but can't doubt that OP made a solid case.

I'm sold- here's to hoping Ultimate Agumons it up.
And you are welcome!
Thank you for your kind words!

Agumon for Smash all the way!

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
I'm a fan. I've wanted this for many years. Here's to holding out hope!

(Played both Digimon Rumble Arenas, and most of the Digimon World games so I'm stoked.)

Top Bottom