• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The British Thread : UK Circuit idea on most recent post !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khaine

Smash Journeyman
j0' o.o

sounds good to me, so here, enjoy!

Smash Name: L4DY
Crew: Gay Mums Club (GMC)
Occupation: future ruler of the universe/ BHS store associate/ Student, take your pick.
Mains: Doc. Doc PWNs
Email: majorlyfreakedout@hotmail.com
Distance willing to travel: no distance is too great for smash!

-x-

Kone

Smash Master
Please Stop Posting!!! In My Thread Lol

This Is Going To Get Messy And Lose Direction

Pm Me Plz Your Details, Then Ill Update Inthe Morning

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Owna, I love the idea and have been thinking about it. Like an English smash profile or something. But posting it anywhere on smashboards could be a big mistake, it'd get VERY VERY messy. Why not create a website for it? (I.E. Freewebs/Piczo even myspace if you got desperate enough) Where you can list players. Each player could have their own page, listing details about them, crews could have a page of their own if they want it, plus it could helkp out a lot with organisation. I.E. Who's been around longest? A background of smash in britain, Who's hosted what, where and when.

Either way if you wanna make this big, I reccomend taking it outside smashboards, creating a link to it and posting the link in a smashboards thread.

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
The thread is going to get really messy if everyones posting their details here.

Im all for the idea though, have attempted it in the past but we've never really, until now, had the numbers to make it worthwhile.

- - - - -

Hows abotu everyone pm's me their details?! ill then edit them all and stick them up in the first post?
Yea i think thats a good idea, rather than getting the thread cluttered, PM Kone with your details instead.

I suggest that everyone also includes the distance their willing to travel for a local smashfest.
Yea i also 4got about distance willing to travel. Thats important too! ill add that in the layout. Im gonna PM you mine in a lil bit Kone. Every1 add how far you r willing to travel in the format aswell.:)

:yoshi:

Kone

Smash Master
I like that idea ^ and if i had the ability to mae a website wouldve done it ages ago.

Id love to have a UK communty website. Were the current season information can be posted, pictures from tournaments aswell as current uk rankings etc.

This would tie in nicely with having player profiles.

Then link can be stuck on my firstpost.

edit : for now just pm me the details, as any sort of website idea can be used later!

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
Owna, I love the idea and have been thinking about it. Like an English smash profile or something. But posting it anywhere on smashboards could be a big mistake, it'd get VERY VERY messy. Why not create a website for it? (I.E. Freewebs/Piczo even myspace if you got desperate enough) Where you can list players. Each player could have their own page, listing details about them, crews could have a page of their own if they want it, plus it could helkp out a lot with organisation. I.E. Who's been around longest? A background of smash in britain, Who's hosted what, where and when.

Either way if you wanna make this big, I reccomend taking it outside smashboards, creating a link to it and posting the link in a smashboards thread.
That sounds like a great idea bro. I mean rite now i dont really have enough time to make it THAT big plus i dont know how to make websites :laugh:but thats still a great idea. It might get a lil more complicated if we start using Myspace and stuf like that though but it would be more efficient. more details pictures vids etc. Personally i think this is a lil easier but its down to the community what they think.:)

PS anyone who wants to see the format just check Page 85 at the bottom.

Spam-a-Lamb

Smash Journeyman
London, UK! its overrated, the weather is stupid,
I personally think its a dumb idea. Dre, ure dumb.

No kidding, its a great idea especially the website idea. Could help to widen the smash comm aswell. Get those pro evo playing smackheads picking up a cube controller instead, so they can d-air stocks out of each other. ^making myself laugh^ would be freakin righteous haha.

...dre ure still dumb tho:chuckle:

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
I dabble in HTML and could produce a basic website myself if given some time. I never really bothered with myspace I just figured it could be used since myspace is one of the most popular websites ever. Although it'd probably be a UK Smash myspace page, providing basic details and linking to the main site.

But before anything starts happening, we need to organise our organising. We need to know who wants to help, who can do what, what we will put on the site and how. Anyone got any ideas? I got a few, but again, we need somewhere to put all of these (How about we create a website for the planning of the creation of the smash website? ^_^)

Just kidding, but seriously: This idea has potential.

COEY

Smash Lord
Make a list of jobs for the site idea maybe, then people can offer to do parts depending on what is available..... just a thought.

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
...dre ure still dumb tho:chuckle:
And your ugly and have rodential features.:chuckle:

I dabble in HTML and could produce a basic website myself if given some time. I never really bothered with myspace I just figured it could be used since myspace is one of the most popular websites ever. Although it'd probably be a UK Smash myspace page, providing basic details and linking to the main site.

But before anything starts happening, we need to organise our organising. We need to know who wants to help, who can do what, what we will put on the site and how. Anyone got any ideas? I got a few, but again, we need somewhere to put all of these (How about we create a website for the planning of the creation of the smash website? ^_^)

Just kidding, but seriously: This idea has potential.
If it can be done bro, then go for it! Anything that helps out the UK Smash community will always be appreciated.:)

Kone

Smash Master
I dont think theres a huge need for a website to be honest, not until just before brawl hits so that he new players know what we've already established and who the current community are. Our numbers aren't big enough, theres only 40 of us :)

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Since the UK rankings and junk is in effect, I figured here would be the smartest place to post them. I'll post results from Both Edmas and AR as well so if I make a mistake, you can double check and correct me on it. Here goes:

Anarchy Rules Singles:

1.Doug
2.Jam5
3.Kone
4.Zeppo
5.Reacher
5.Charles
7.Euan
7.SOS
9.Lord Rust
9.Grayfox
9.BigMan
9.Ogre
13.Darvor
13.L4dy
13.BloodBowler
13.AC_Anon

Edmas Singles:

1. The Doug
2. Kone
3 Zeppo
4. Reacher
5. MrP
5. Ogre
7. Fuzzyness
7. Darvor
9. Bloodbowler
9. Spam- a - Lamb
9. Lord Rust
9. Monty
13. Ouch
13. Qwester
13. Owna
13. Martin

Points base:

1st. 16
2nd. 13
3rd. 11
4th. 9
5th.7
7th.5
9th.3
13th.1

***UK SEASON 06/07 RANKINGS***
-----------------------------------------

1. The Doug = 32 points
2. Kone = 24 points
3. Zeppo = 20 points
4. Reacher = 16 points
5. Jam5 = 13 points
6. Mr P = 12 points
6. Fuzzyness = 12 points
8. Ogre = 10 points
9. Lord Rust = 6 points
9. Darvor = 6 points
11. SOS = 5 points
12. BloodBowler = 4 points
13. Spam a Lamb = 3 points
13. Monty = 3 points
13. Grayfox = 3 points
13. Bigman = 3 points
17. L4dy = 1 point
17. Ouch = 1 point
17. Qwester = 1 point
17. Owna = 1 point
17. Martin = 1 point
17. AC Anon = 1 point

golfball

Smash Apprentice
manchester, or 30 mins away.. lol bagels are made
I dont think theres a huge need for a website to be honest, not until just before brawl hits so that he new players know what we've already established and who the current community are. Our numbers aren't big enough, theres only 40 of us :)
There is a myspace group called 'Underground smash' Its full of loads of smash players, all noobs who have never heard of an l cancel, but they do all play smash, to get people like this involved in the community might be nice, everybody starts off nooby right?

So yeah kones right, theres no dire need for a site, but it could be done quite easily, its only 10 pounds for 2 years with a good .com site, and i have made three websites at college and i have all the software needed (Dreamweaver, fireworks, etc), and it would be nice for the photoshoppers to have their input too.

anyway, Spam has a nice idea about the index, i hope this happens.

Kone

Smash Master
Ive tried the index before, doesn't work really. As ive stated ou community is small and we all pretty much know each other or were we live. Index is usefl if theres a lot of players and people want to find one another to meet up.

Website would be useful for posting rankings and the like , tournament schedule etc

You can try getting the noobs interested. I did it for three + years. Collected msns, aims, sent emails, chatted regularly, hit up all the main and alot smaller net forums etc.

Its hard gtting any noobs into the game. You can try this late on but imo better wait for release of brawl, have a established community ready and suck them in ^_^

ed
x

Kone

Smash Master
UK = england, scotland,wales, northern ireland

Britain = england, scotland, wales.

edit: ill find out whats going on with scott, probs not happy with his ranking

Sporkman

Smash Ace
GREAT Britain = England, Scotland & Wales.

Britain = British Isles

UK = England, Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland.

At least, that's how i understand it.

imoneofthem

Smash Apprentice
Note to all - There will not be a smashfest round our house this week. Kudos to the person who's spreading the rumour around.

SLVR

Smash Cadet
here bigman.. u fancy a doc ditto, mm? £5funbucks? if ur not reading this thread, ed will you give him a shout? EASYMONEY. ^_^

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
How ironic, me and will are discussing meeting up during the hols to smash. Due to money constraints it may have to happen at my place in Lancs. But my room's bigger and I have two TV's so it may work out better if we're having a large gathering.

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Falcon? Last I heard Smashie was a Marth player. J03: As for dates and times and junk, we need a day and time when everyone'll be able to come. Everyone needs to get on MSN at the same time to discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom