• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Bowser Social Thread

E-102 Gamma

Smash Journeyman
Bowser definitely sandbags in this game.

For instance, in Super Mario Bros., he could shoot deadly fireballs with practically infinite range without skipping a beat. In this game? His combustible breath is a sorry excuse for a glorified cigarette lighter that leaves him nigh but helpless for like, 10 seconds and wears out after a couple seconds or so.

Maybe Sakurai had him sign some kind of agreement or something that he would go easy on the other characters so as not to be brokenly overpowered. Assuming that's the case, Bowser definitely got the short end of the stick. :c

Btw, you guys need to get your avatars fixed. :ohwell:

E-102 Gamma

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry, Eikelmann, but I'm just not ready for a tournament of that size. My Bowser is still lame and I don't have any reliable secondaries. :(

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Bowser just sucks. I actually want to win tournaments, and while Samus isn't even close to the best character in the game, she actually CAN win tourneys, and I can FEEL it when I play with her. Even in Low Tier tourneys, Bowser doesn't stand a chance. I do a lot better with Kirby and Roy, despite Bowser being my first character ever. :ohwell: Sorry to come on the Bowser boards and unload all that. :(

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
Even if you beat him free Bowser still sucks. Same deal with what happened to unknown at zenith. Bowser still sucks despite beating a good fox player.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Even if you beat him free Bowser still sucks. Same deal with what happened to unknown at zenith. Bowser still sucks despite beating a good fox player.
Are you saying that Bowser beating him in any way removes Sheik from the game?

Because he kind of needs her to not exist to not suck.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
It's kind of crazy though how Sheik is the only character that really dominates Bowser in a head to head fight. Characters like Falco and Fox kind of have to run away and camp lasers to beat Bowser definitively.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Falcon also ***** Bowser like no tomorrow. If Unknown ran away and shot more lasers, I think he would have won, but there's no point in discussing that. DJ is an excellent Bowser, but he has two auto-lose MUs, so he's not even worth touching, IMO.

You're both agreeing on the same point...

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Falcon also ***** Bowser like no tomorrow. If Unknown ran away and shot more lasers, I think he would have won, but there's no point in discussing that. DJ is an excellent Bowser, but he has two auto-lose MUs, so he's not even worth touching, IMO.

You're both agreeing on the same point...

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
I've seen Bowsers make the matchup look like it's possible against Falcon. DJN put on a good show against Scar in some tournament a while ago.

E-102 Gamma

Smash Journeyman
Just went to Eggz's, played his Fox, and got destroyed. :p

The first match, he four-stocked me with 107%, and the second, I managed to KO him at least once. Don't quite recall.

And then we played doubles and Eggz and I went all double-Bowser. We did kinda bad, but it was awesome, so it was definitely worth it.

And then I ended up playing a Peach main (whose name I have forgotten) for the rest of the time. It seemed like we were almost evenly matched. I dunno if it was just the matchup or what, but it did seem like he had a slight edge over me. Still managed to beat him at least once, I think, and it was definitely good to get in some Peach matchup experience.

E-102 Gamma

Smash Journeyman
Here's hoping that there are good things in store for Bowser in 2014. :seuss:

While I'm at it, I have an idea I've been turning over in my head lately. I have managed to get Melee running on Dolphin and have been considering trying fancy tool-assisted stuff with Bowser. I'd also like to try to advance the meta given half a chance to do so. So if I was to make a brainstorming thread for you guys to post stuff to try, would any of you be interested?

Star Child

Smash Rookie
Hey Gamma! If a general meta/brainstorming/theory-crafting thread was started, I would definitely be down to contribute despite being relatively new to this game.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration

While I'm at it, I have an idea I've been turning over in my head lately. I have managed to get Melee running on Dolphin and have been considering trying fancy tool-assisted stuff with Bowser. I'd also like to try to advance the meta given half a chance to do so. So if I was to make a brainstorming thread for you guys to post stuff to try, would any of you be interested?
yeah of course. i posted some theorycrafting stuff in the other thread.

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
Well, played that MM with MagnuM

He's now confirmed the second best Bowser in Canada, unless there's someone hiding in Quebec or something.

Stockholm Syndrome

Koopa Hot Fiyah

In 2014 a new serious Boozer main was born. Hi Im Kyle and I main Bowser (and peach, but thats not as cool)

A Stuffy Muffin

Smash Cadet
I guess I can fully introduce myself here?

Hey all, I'm Stuffy and I'm an up and coming Boozer main in the New England region. Been lurking here for a while but finally decided to make an account. I've been messing around with Boozer in Melee for about a year and in PM for about nine months. I can't say I'm great at this game, but I'll try and represent Bowser in this region the best I can.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
I guess I can fully introduce myself here?

Hey all, I'm Stuffy and I'm an up and coming Boozer main in the New England region. Been lurking here for a while but finally decided to make an account. I've been messing around with Boozer in Melee for about a year and in PM for about nine months. I can't say I'm great at this game, but I'll try and represent Bowser in this region the best I can.
welcome. definitely a bold choice to try and play this character. while i'm not on here much, you can reach me on twitter much easier and i'm open to answering any questions you might have.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking

I guess the Bowser boards are now officially dead LOL

Seriously Bowser is the only portrait that is black and white

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Hmm, I've never seen that before.
Now that I think about it I can't think of any boards inactive enough for that to even happen.

Synnett

Alligator Lord
Well, played that MM with MagnuM

He's now confirmed the second best Bowser in Canada, unless there's someone hiding in Quebec or something.
I'm probably the third Bowser, no one plays it. I'll keep practicing and hopefully I'll wreak havoc IF I CAN FIND A TOURNAMENT JESUS. There's nothing in Quebec D: I know a good Link and that's it.

CnB | Chandy

Smash Journeyman
Just finished my new Melee Bowser tutorial. This is only meant to be an introduction to the character, so I apologize if I didn't go as deep into things as I would have liked. Let me know if I got anything wrong because I literally never play Bowser at all, this is just a side project of mine to practice for the DK tutorial I eventually want to make. Thanks!

A Stuffy Muffin

Smash Cadet
Just finished my new Melee Bowser tutorial. This is only meant to be an introduction to the character, so I apologize if I didn't go as deep into things as I would have liked. Let me know if I got anything wrong because I literally never play Bowser at all, this is just a side project of mine to practice for the DK tutorial I eventually want to make. Thanks!

I thought it was pretty good. Can't really think of much that you'd need to add or that was superfluous. You hit all the basic stuff pretty well and if anyone ever wanted to get into this character your video would be a pretty good place to start. So, yeah, thanks for making this! :D

Synnett

Alligator Lord
I just went to a small tournament yesterday (finally). I picked Boozer ofc, then I lost to a Marth. I then went in the looser's bracket and I got matched against a Sheik. I was like gg.

But yep, I had some fun with the friendlies where I won more than half my matches. I'm improving and it's fun. :) Since I was the first Bowser ever in this event, my Boozer gather some attention, with a bunch of people complimenting my play, and one insulting me for using it.But yep, I'm going to try to improve and go more often to these kind of events, hopefully I can go farther in the tournament.

Top Bottom