• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Hm. Where did that come from?

I assume you are talking about the Touhou character? But context, there is none.

But I also gots a picture, if you want.
[COLLAPSE="Remilia"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Ah.

That still came out of freaking nowhere. I don't really understand why you would ask here instead of whoever linked you to that. :/

But yeah, Touhou.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Ah.

That still came out of freaking nowhere. I don't really understand why you would ask here instead of whoever linked you to that. :/

But yeah, Touhou.

Well...it probably came from the fact that it was more stumbling onto the link through some random Tweet that was all Japanese EXCEPT for that link, by someone who had ALL of their tweets in Japanese so I don't even think that person speaks English. Plus, you guys are always talking about anime-ish stuff or Japanese fighter stuff that I've never heard of, so I figured asking you guys was better than asking around SRK. :cool:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Now it all makes sense!

I've kind of got used to Touhou stuff seeming to be largely common knowledge on the internet, cool to see otherwise. :3

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, my bad. Back on topic though, random Arakune combos are fun. I love when your dash is just a teleport.

Also, is the weekend still good for you to get our matches in, Crusayer?

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Off topic: GGs in Melty, Crusayer. That was fun.
Off-topic continue:
Pro tips? :> Rei said you and him were reading me like a book :V. Considering I hardly ever get human practice, I'd actually like to know what I'm doing too repetitively.

And like in BB, I am totally free to throws in melty.

You should try and get the game working on your mac :D

On-topic sorta:
I caved and bought the Makoto voice pack. I realize my mind totally zones out the voices when the game actually starts. I feel like I wasted my $6 /o\.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Nothing like that really, so I can't give any tips, haha. Especially since I didn't win a single game.
It was more like we were predicting what type of mixup/attack is coming and when I should throw or shield or where I should block. I just couldn't adjust to the delay at time. Kinda like those raw air throws. I told Rei when I felt an IAD coming so I went to go for an air throw but got thrown first each time. I gave up and went for anti-airs.

I've put practically little to no effort into frame traps in this game though so I didn't expect to do great. I pretty much go on fundamentals and prediction/reaction in Melty.

If I was forced to say what I saw coming a lot was mainly things like going for a throw when I will die from it, back dashing on wake up/shielding on wake up in the corner, and mashing 2A after I'm minus on 5A6AA. Mashing 2A is perfectly called for since I am minus though. Me calling out throws is not bad either. I just usually have a feeling on when people want to throw me because of SF and GG. Besides that, mixup patterns, I guess (regardless, I still failed to block them).

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Up to you lol.

I have dinner right now though so i can't play for like an hour until the next hour.

EDIT: I'm done now. 10 min early I guess.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Starting to get into BBCSX for the 360. My GT is "II Jazriel II" and I main Lambda-11. It's funny coming from a fighting game where I'm kind of decent to a fighting game that's unlike what I've played before, I have decent mindgames but horrible combos yet still win probably half my matches, other people have the combos but no mindgames lol.

arturefo

Smash Journeyman
Starting to get into BBCSX for the 360. My GT is "II Jazriel II" and I main Lambda-11. It's funny coming from a fighting game where I'm kind of decent to a fighting game that's unlike what I've played before, I have decent mindgames but horrible combos yet still win probably half my matches, other people have the combos but no mindgames lol.
yay.a lambda bro:bee:
welcome.if you need any tips,maybe i can help.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Arturefo and lilseph are definitely the people to go to for Lambda support around here. Spelt plays her too.

Man...we need to get this tournament going still.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Not everyone online are playing competitively, so it's expected that some players will have bad spacing/fundamentals.

However, compared to other fighters, I do see BB as one of the games where people are slower at building fundamentals until the person becomes really competitive. It's one of the easier games to get by even on mid-level, imo.
Man...we need to get this tournament going still.
But this is giving me more time to not practice.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
I know not everyone online plays competitively, it's just satisfying to beat people who are somewhat competitive with my horrible janky combos simply due to mindgames. :D

The tech skill in this game is pretty easy from what I've seen, it's more about the ridiculously perfect spacing/timing on some of the combos from what I've seen. Challenge Mode is a great way to see some of the drive stuff Lambda can do. Already learned a better throw follow-up (6D, 2D, j.5D, j.2D etc) because of it.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Well, The Avengers was awesome.

Trailers for The Dark Knight Rises and The Amazing Spider-man got me hyped as well.

And there's a GGXXAC+ re-release for PSN and there's P4A.

Sounds like a good year. :3

Poor BlazBlue is getting neglected.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I feel that, Rutger.

As cool as I think the GG release is, I probably won't play it much. If people really wanted to play that game, they would already. Unless the online is GGPO or something, I'll probably play it the first week while everyone is hyped for it, and then pass on it.

P4A, on the other hand. I'm gonna play the **** out of that game.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I'm playing through Persona 3 right now. It's really good. It may overtake the first Valkyrie Profile as my favorite RPG of all time.

I'll have to admit, P4A's got me hyped too. I'm enjoying watching the high-level matches in that game a lot; it reminds me a lot of GG.

Smooth Criminal

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'm playing through Persona 3 right now. It's really good. It may overtake the first Valkyrie Profile as my favorite RPG of all time.

I'll have to admit, P4A's got me hyped too. I'm enjoying watching the high-level matches in that game a lot; it reminds me a lot of GG.

Smooth Criminal

Sounds like somebody wasn't fortunate enough to play Suikoden 2 *clutches his EX condition complete copy*. :bee:

Yes, Avengers is boss, and yes I must curse more things. It's just...addictive!

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
One of my best friends is in love with the Suikoden series. As a matter of fact, he owns all of the games up to current (including portables AND imports).

So, yeah. I guess I am missing out. xD

Smooth Criminal

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I feel that, Rutger.

As cool as I think the GG release is, I probably won't play it much. If people really wanted to play that game, they would already. Unless the online is GGPO or something, I'll probably play it the first week while everyone is hyped for it, and then pass on it.

P4A, on the other hand. I'm gonna play the **** out of that game.
Yeah, GG probably will not have a lot of new people playing it. I really want to get into it, far more than I have so far, so I'll try to stick with it.

P4A is probably going to be my new game though, I can't wait for it.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
I'm having a lot of difficulty understanding how to get out of a block string. People attack me and repeat a simple combo over and over and over again until I'm pushed across the stage and have no more barrier thingies. Am I supposed to know when a safe moment to jump/counter attack is?

Also, as Lambda, I can't seem to counter people in close range worth a damn. Is there any particular trick to it? I notice that most people use A, I don't do that. Should I be? It just seems that whenever people are beside me they ALWAYS win the exchange (I'm used to stuff clashing like in smash) and I just get beat. It's not even combos. Their combo will end, and I know I'm presented with a tree of options, I just don't know what the branches actually are, and if I do what I normally do, hold 4, they just repeat over and over again. It just seems like once a person gets close to me, they basically won the game.

I don't understand when it's safe to jump or counter attack, I don't know how to recognize those timings, and I don't know what moves are safe to counterattack with. Should I be trying 2C or 5C or 5A or j9/j7?

And then it's simple things. I've just played about 20 matches with this one guy online, he was clearly better than me, but not by much. But like, when he played Mu-12, he would jump and always do this same attack. Idk what it is, but really I don't know how I'm supposed to counter it. People always do the same thing, jump, airdash, do some attack, but I can't think of something that counters the airdash, attack part. Beating a jump is just 6D, but the rest I don't know what to do. :(

Top Bottom