• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
TRD librarian is apparently Goro.

And Rin might be a rachel player.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Today's online lobby reminded me that I need to get better with my okis. :(
For some odd reason I don't feel in control as much as I should be. And I'm also screwing up times when I can punish tech rolls. :ohwell:

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Sure feels bad when your province apparently only consists of 360 players and no one cares about PS3 pad players.

Thank god I can still play some of you guys \o/.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
GG Lythium. Can't blame you for forgetting that, how often does anyone fight a Tao. :3
Get enough matchup exp and I have no doubt you could easily defeat my Tao.
Yeah, your Tao is legit, GGs. I'll understand that match-up eventually, haha.

I hate online so so much. I can't believe how much people got away with on me.

Edit: Raz, go learn combos. Throw in Jayoku makes me sad. Same with throw into other super.
Haha, I know that feeling. Sometimes I can tolerate online, but last night was not one of those nights for me. I just kept getting super frustrated. It also made me realize that they changed the hitstop in Extend again, and I was like, why does everything feel so much slower? ;-;

YEAH, RAZ. LEARN REAL COMBOS. It was funny how many times I got TRM'd though. :3

*contains epileptic fit of joy on finding more BB people to spaz out with*

Sign me up broz!:
Xbox: Jdietz43
PSN: Kokonoes_Lolly
(wishes he could still use
)

*braces self for Extend....... then sheds a silent tear for the Litchi he knows he can never have back*
Cool, I will add you to the front page. :3c

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I just saw R-1 vs Akira on jourdal's channel and even though that match seems even more in Tager's favour then before...holy crap so many runbacks.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I managed to see Tao every time I watched it, so I'm happy.

Now to wait for Youtube I guess.

General Heinz

Smash Journeyman
Wow, didn't realize this many smashers played BB. I just started with it myself and kind of suck still but any practice is welcome. XBL is General Heinz.

Any beginner tips on Bang?

Crusayer

Smash Lord
I can play in around 40-50 minutes since I'm waiting for my food that takes like 20 minutes to make :x

Didn't tsujikawa win SBO with Tao back in CS1?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I can play in around 40-50 minutes since I'm waiting for my food that takes like 20 minutes to make :x

Didn't tsujikawa win SBO with Tao back in CS1?
I actually need to go grab lunch, so I'll be on in maybe an hour at the soonest.
Turns out I finished most of my homework yesterday, so I can probably afford playing longer if you or anyone else is up for it.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
In about an half an hour to an hour?

Yeah, I'll play too.

Edit: Yes, Tsujikawa did win SBO with Tao back in CS1.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
It depends on TVs too, but no matter what you're at least gonna be getting a couple frames of lag.

General Heinz

Smash Journeyman
Seriously get my **** rocked on netplay constantly. How do you fellow smashers practice this game? Like I get how a lot of Bang's combos work but like...I guess it just seems like there's a lot of **** in this game you can't avoid once you get hit, so it's basically all about not getting hit in the first place (I feel like Noel just tapdances on my face for free after that first hit...).

Also people always say Bang lives and dies on his mixup but what exactly should I be mixing up?

I'm just a BB nub.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I guess it just seems like there's a lot of **** in this game you can't avoid once you get hit
You mean... combos?
Yeah, that's how it works... :dizzy:

Most people practice with netplay. players matches >>>>>> ranked matches. If you have a scene or just a couple people around you that play that's good too.

In general though, block more. Don't just mash, because that'll get you CH a lot. Especially if the opponent knows what they're doing. If you do mash, do it smartly. Like when you think there's a really good chance it'll hit them. Look for gaps in their blockstrings, notice their habits, etc. Usually the best way to get out of pressure is jumping out, barrier helps a lot with that too.

Watch videos of bang, figure out his gatlings, and practice in training mode a lot.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Is it gonna be the same with Extend? I thought BB would at least be past the CRT phase like any other fighter out there now >_>;

General Heinz

Smash Journeyman
You mean... combos?
Yeah, that's how it works... :dizzy:
Well I just meant I find myself smashing the stick as if trying to DI out and I'm like "oh yeah durrr DI no exist here" >.< But yes, I mean combos :p

Yeah, I've been watching Bang videos. I'm getting better, but so far I think I'm only consistent on the 5A>5B>2B>6C>j.D>8236C>66>5C>6D. Do you use a regular controller or an arcade stick? I'm sure the 360 controller isn't ideal for the game but I'll get used to it. I just don't have enough practice yet but apparently there's a pretty good MI scene so I'll see about it.

Out of curiosity, what are considered Bang's worst matchups?

Crusayer

Smash Lord
GGs Minato and Rutger. You improved sooooo much rutger lol. I remember like the first time I played you, you barely knew how Tao worked xd. At least, I think that was you half a year ago.

I don't think I did too good today. But that's what I get for being bad. I will play again once extend comes out.

And then be bottom tier instead QQ

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
GGs Minato and Crusayer. I was playing very badly in the last half of that. :urg:

GGs Minato and Rutger. You improved sooooo much rutger lol. I remember like the first time I played you, you barely knew how Tao worked xd. At least, I think that was you half a year ago.
Early CS2? Yeah, I probably started out poorly.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
GGs, Rutger and Crusayer. I think I'm understanding those matchups better.
I had to check the frame data guide and I had no idea Valk's overhead was +2 on block lol. Also, I really thought I could pass through Makoto's orb with Carnage Scissors in that one match. Apparently it only works in Extend.

And sorry for the lag guys, but that was fun. I felt disgusted with myself on that last match where I used Noel. I basically won by shenanigans. Blame R-1 since I stole that j4D corner oki. It's so dumb. lol
Is it gonna be the same with Extend? I thought BB would at least be past the CRT phase like any other fighter out there now >_>;
All HD games like BB, SF, or anything from this gen will have small small lag still even if you use cables to make it HD.
It's pretty small though and shouldn't affect that much.
Well I just meant I find myself smashing the stick as if trying to DI out and I'm like "oh yeah durrr DI no exist here" >.< But yes, I mean combos :p
Yeah, you won't find DI or anything in BB. There's the teching system that's in place though and there are small differences between each of them like invincibility frames.
Basically the game comes down to trying to get them into the corner, do your combo (BnB) into a knockdown, and them keep them into a defensive position when they're trying to get up (okizeme).

If you do it right, the opponent has no option but to just neutral tech and block sometimes so they're forced into a mixup.
Rolling out helps sometimes but that has less invincibility so you can be combo'ed out of that.

arturefo

Smash Journeyman

Yeah, I've been watching Bang videos. I'm getting better, but so far I think I'm only consistent on the 5A>5B>2B>6C>j.D>8236C>66>5C>6D. Do you use a regular controller or an arcade stick? I'm sure the 360 controller isn't ideal for the game but I'll get used to it. I just don't have enough practice yet but apparently there's a pretty good MI scene so I'll see about it.

Out of curiosity, what are considered Bang's worst matchups?
i usa an arcade stick,but it not necessarily better. a lot of great players use a pad.you have to figure out wich one you'll use by yourself.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, a lot of good players use pad. A couple Quebecers for example, and probably the best Makoto in the province uses a 360 PAD for crying out loud. :bee:

Top Bottom