• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

RussellChamp

Smash Apprentice
What happened to this thread?!?! It used to be filled with uplifting conversation and plans for upcoming smashfests and now it's turned into a conglomeration of immature jabs and jibs and johns!! </sarcasm>

Anywho, Rofa's last smash fest was a lot of fun. For the peeps I met and forgot to give my contact info toooooooo... here it is:

Russell
AIM: M4573ROFL337
Gtalk/Email: RussellChamp@gmail.com

I had a lot of fun smashing with everyone! Mebbe when the fall semester comes around again, I'll try to plan smash events at LTU. :-D

iredecent

Smash Cadet
will there be a smashfest or something there abouts near Holland this summer. ill be upthere for the entire summer soi was curiuos if anyone was hosting one or two or eleven.

RussellChamp

Smash Apprentice
Hai! Me! Also "Scala." Last year I tried having weekly/biweekly events but nobody was every all that interested in coming. :-( We did also have one or two Christmas holiday events which were ROCKIN'!
I'd have to say that right now Fridays or Saturdays will most likely be smash times with the opportunity always being open to smash in the dorms (I'll be in North Housing and Scala will be in South Housing).
Also try and meet Rash. Or, if you have a sensitive ego about video games, don't meet him. (He'd make you cry.)
-me

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
yeah i've been practicing it. i can't do it. it's dumb and has no uses though.

:colorful:
You're right, if you can't do it then it is useless for you =D

The timing is so fsking hard that its ridiculous. Its like Samus' SWD in Melee. But the thought of a Ganon hopping across the stage with lagless Dairs makes me keep trying :bee:

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
All of you people with your silly little techniques.

ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt dsmash ftw.

Scala

Smash Ace
I got into Lawrence Tech, and I'm commuting/attending in Fall.

So, any LTU smashers I should get acquainted with?
I go to LTU and will be arranging smashfests/tournaments @ LTU once the school starts. You'll have to come and chill out at our dorm since we play smash bros there almost 24/7.

There's also quite a few people in the southfield/dearborn area that play so it'll be a great time next year! :D

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Ness can do it w/ PK fire too. Did you test any b moves besides bowser's?
A few are listed here: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=173119

Specials are weird and not many have been tested, although it looks probable with Ness/Lucas. This may be helpful for them since they have to keep jumping to avoid grabs anyways. And we found out later that Bowser's klaw works completely differently despite looking the same.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Anyone around here still play Melee? Thinking of setting up a quick tourney, and I just want to know if anyone's still interested in such.

RashTuvai

Smash Journeyman
I go to LTU and will be arranging smashfests/tournaments @ LTU once the school starts. You'll have to come and chill out at our dorm since we play smash bros there almost 24/7.

There's also quite a few people in the southfield/dearborn area that play so it'll be a great time next year! :D
ok... so we have two people hosting events at LTU now. russ, you're gonna have to talk to this guy. :)

Scala

Smash Ace
I've already talked to russ about it. He didn't successfully organize one last year so I decided to do it myself.
There's only one and I'll make sure that it will be successful. Though, I don't currently live on campus.

For the time being I propose making a carpool for the area to make trips down to the tournaments and smashfests in Ann Arbor during the summer, and I'll start working on organizing tournaments at LTU when the school year rolls around.

@rashtuvai: I sent you a message on AIM (with the screenname that's in your smashboards profile to chat about it if you want.:))

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
West MI is down for this.
you shouldn't make it a "quick" one tho...give it some time so more peeps show :chuckle:

Halla!
If you guys wanna drive out to AA then I would very much like to ride with you or I could even be the driver for some gas money.

Enzyme

Smash Apprentice
I'd be down for some Super Smash Brothers Melee. That sounds like a jolly good time, ol' chap. What what, pip pip and all that what.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
If anyone here plays IaMP or MBAC, or wants to learn IaMP, post up. It has good netplay, unlike Brawl's Wifi. : )

But if you want to play Brawl, I'd be willing to play Wifi as long as a lagstorm doesn't hit.

Melee tournament MAYBE happening next Sunday, on the 15th. I'll post when I know for sure.

lain

Smash Master
Eggz should come anyways.

also, i would go to that specific melee tournament.

ALSO

IS ANYONE INTERESTED IN DRIVING TO THE TOURNAMENT THIS WEEKEND IN GEORGIA?

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
lol, sweet, now you just need your name to fly in from the left and then the plane should shoot it and then fly through a fiery explosion.

Top Bottom