• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Metrois

Smash Rookie
Can some one give me info about the next melee tour.

I've played melee a long time but never knew about any tournaments. Jus found this site. Cant wait to play.

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
ok, the only place i ever met him was lansing so i musta been confused. Still there are other players in lansing.

Tours? Dude, chill out. Your should go to smashfests and stuff. Expect to have a lot of driving in your future if you plan on getting any good, and remember, hardly anyone is playing melee anymore. Your only, i don;t know, six years late.

Valban

Smash Apprentice
Trail is in Lansing though I doubt he plays smash anymore. I'm no longer in lansing but will prolly be back there in the summer or fall. though there are 2 other people I know in Lansing who don't go on the boards at all. James and Andi.

Metrois

Smash Rookie
ya but brawl isnt any good doesnt take skill closes the gap between good and bad people. Why would any one leave melee for brawl?

Also where are these smashfests then I just want to know where some people come to meet to play melee.

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
Im telling you, melee is pretty much thru. The reason is because it is so old. Plus your not going to want to play melee with any of us once you realize how good everyone is at it. Brawl will close the gap in your favor. Brawl is good, you just will have to get used to it.

fel!cks ze reflecks

Smash Apprentice
more like lansing for life son, even though nobody lives here except me, dope kinda counts=/
come get fro'd. east shaw ground floor, msu. there's still a few of us left in lansing.

and i haven't heard from trail, but word on the street is that he doesn't play brawl/plan on playing brawl. haven't heard from ito lately either.

Metrois

Smash Rookie
brawl is not good at all for samus you can only grapple onto leges now and it auto hones to the leges. you can grab the leg facing either way. Its much slower paced. especially for the old chars. So you pred much have to use a new char to be good some of the old are decent in brawl style. But most arnt. samus rate of fire for missles is so slow I cant take it and I could prob get use to this but the bomb jumping is way different its wird like pushes you to the left or right going into the morph ball depending on which way your facing. I dont know if I'm better than you but I know I'm not bad at melee. Evevr one allways thinks there good at melee and i allways beat them. Only lost once. and I lost bad. it was against some player who entered a lot of tours. I think he called himself Zero. he said he was one of the best in the state. The best i did was take 3 of 4 lives the worst was 1 of 4 I only got 3 out of him one time other times where 2 or less and I think he was messing around with me at times.

Shaeden

Smash Journeyman
don't make fun randizzle. michigan has a relatively small smash scene so i guess anyone in michigan that plays this game is one of the best in the state.. the only good players we have are dope and mikey though.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
If you don't know who tapion is (#1 in wis, could easily own every1 here in melee; no offense) I've got good s*** training from him. so i ain't no scrub if your wondering :p
I haven't heard about Tapion in like... a year. How's he been doing? Still playing Falcon?

Brawl is a really uncertain game. I can see its metagame developing, but I don't think I like where it's going. We'll see what happens.

Randizzle

Smash Ace
yes we are.

the best in michigan are dope and mikey followed by probably NoJ and Anther. And that's that.

Zero goes by firebrand on this site. He's alright, but far from "one of the best"

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
Joel has Acros sandals, maybe you can ask Joel for acros sandals. I cant really see him wearing sandals anyway. So Dope, you coming to wixom at all over summer? we should all get together for some good times like last year and previous years.

999th post :-P

Top Bottom