• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
1. That link was before I made the change, it's fixed now. 2. If by adding this side event I somehow took away attendance from the real West MI PM tourney then I apologize, but I know that some people on this side of the state would like to see PM, but weren't going to travel over there anyways. And there's no way West MI would decide it's better to come all the way over here for a PM side event then stay there. I think you and Sol both overreacted to me adding a side event to my own tourney...
But if I'm wrong at all then as I said, I apologize.
See it's kind of a thing that snowballs. You add a cheaper event that's closer that draws in the crowd that wouldn't go to the West MI tourney, but now you've gone and inflated the potential pot size and might draw people from going to the West MI tournament because now your event is closer and likely easier to place into the money.

I see no evidence of 'overreacting,' I said I was sad that you went with this course of action so late in the game.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
I have a $1500 budget for a new desktop PC, except idk anything about computers and where to start, does anyone wanna help me pick one/parts out?

I probably don't want to use all 1500 on the PC as I still want to get another monitor, keyboards,etc....

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Last edited:

Zackery Hendricks

Smash Apprentice
I have a $1500 budget for a new desktop PC, except idk anything about computers and where to start, does anyone wanna help me pick one/parts out?

I probably don't want to use all 1500 on the PC as I still want to get another monitor, keyboards,etc....
Hotarms people always ***** at me for talking about comptuers in the michigan skype chat. I can custom build you something for free cus you're a smash homie. We can talk about what you wanna do with the rig/parts too. PM me.

Last edited:

rsr2

Smash Lord
Shoutouts to Robjoe and that sexy car combo at UFGT.

Anyway I have an interview for a job Thursday, if I get it, I can get weekends off. Which means I will be able to travel to tournaments again which I am super hyped for. So hopefully I get it so I can see you guys. ^ _ ^

Last edited:
See it's kind of a thing that snowballs. You add a cheaper event that's closer that draws in the crowd that wouldn't go to the West MI tourney, but now you've gone and inflated the potential pot size and might draw people from going to the West MI tournament because now your event is closer and likely easier to place into the money.

I see no evidence of 'overreacting,' I said I was sad that you went with this course of action so late in the game.
You admit to using a slippery slope fallacy in your argument, and then say you aren't overrating? That's like me saying all black people will end up dead or in jail, and then saying that's not racist.

Anyway the actual reason i got on was to post this:

Smashfest at my place Tomorrow/Tuesday, I'm free all day both days, text me if interested, 734-223-3482.

Last edited:

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Would anyone in MI be able to house me and possibly pick me up from and take me back to a bus stop for Phoenix Saga? Just wanting to find out, before I spend any money on Greyhound stuff.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
any of you guys going to the best buy event today? thought this was gonna be a huge smasher meetup don't disappoint me

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
posted @ ann arbor, line is finally dying

come say hey, names on the back of my shirt

Last edited:

Notra

Smash Ace
Is anyone tryna play brawl( or whatever tonight?) I'm in dt aa.

If anyone has tutus number can they text me it? (Mine 7343589617) or if Chioke sees my message, just text me.

Thx

KidSupah

Smash Rookie
Hey I'm from Detroit Michigan. I'm looking for players to test my skills against and improve. I'm close to Southfield, Livonia, Dearborn, Oak Park etc. I'm trying to meet up with people who play project M mainly but also melee and brawl too. Message me back if you want to try meeting up to play somehow. I'm new to the smash community

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Livonia is the hub for Brawl since that is where we tend to host a majority of our tourneys, but Ann Arbor is also a very big area for all 3 games, but especially Melee.

I messaged you about the FB groups, so try looking there as well!

Top Bottom