• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Help how does I this new forum skin

Also where/when/who do people play these days? I guess I'm mostly referring to Melee, but if there's lots of brawl that works too.

Also, holy **** project M is crazy well done, I kinda want to try that at some point, I think there's a competitive scene for it maybe? Haven't played it since one of the very early alpha tests when there were only like 3 characters ROFL

Also, how's MI been?

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Scotu! Brawl is/has been a decent in the past year or 2 due to Project M. That scene is very strong in Michigan. The Melee scene is doing good as well from my observations. If you are interested in Smash just poke around the midwest sub forum and you'll find something.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Help how does I this new forum skin

Also where/when/who do people play these days? I guess I'm mostly referring to Melee, but if there's lots of brawl that works too.

Also, holy **** project M is crazy well done, I kinda want to try that at some point, I think there's a competitive scene for it maybe? Haven't played it since one of the very early alpha tests when there were only like 3 characters ROFL

Also, how's MI been?
Sup Dan. Michigan Melee is still going super strong, and we knew you'd come back :p

We're mostly on Facebook these days though, which might not be ideal for you since you don't have one iirc lol.

If that ever changes, hit up: https://www.facebook.com/groups/umsmash/

Vayseth

Smash Master
I'd play more smash but there's seriously no one in my area so I am waiting for the new one and hoping for decent online.

Does Project M allow for online play? I'd be interested in trying that out. Dat APEX DDD was sooooo amazing to watch.

Last edited:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I'd play more smash but there's seriously no one in my area so I am waiting for the new one and hoping for decent online.

Does Project M allow for online play? I'd be interested in trying that out. Dat APEX DDD was sooooo amazing to watch.
Are you actually State side right now? On Sunday, May 4th, there is a Brawl Tournament at Gamer's Gauntlet in Clinton Township.
- http://smashboards.com/threads/may-...mash-series-brawl-clinton-township-mi.350377/

It's just Brawl, but if you wanna see how much has changed since your welcome back tourney I hosted, you should drop by. I know myself, JCav, Dogma, JKBUK will all be attending so there some familiar faces.

If you want some Project M action you can find that with either the Melee side or Brawl side. I'll be hosting a Brawl, Project M, and Pokémon XY tourney on May 10th in Livonia
- http://smashboards.com/threads/may-...oject-m-pokémon-xy-singles-livonia-mi.353725/

Here is the Michigan Brawl FB page if you want to join
- https://www.facebook.com/groups/406757282795167/

Vayseth

Smash Master
Yeah seems like the new Smash is bringing people back.

Anyway, I would love to hang and I will be visiting MI for about a month come August. If you guys wanna have a smash fest or 17 I'm super down. I am also VERY rusty but I am always down to play.

I might be returning to Japan for a full-time gig in September but those details are TBD for the moment. What is guaranteed is that I will be back in MI for pretty much all of August (will be available from August 11th~). I'll post more then as things get closer but until that time I'll just mostly be lurking these forums.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Yeah seems like the new Smash is bringing people back.

Anyway, I would love to hang and I will be visiting MI for about a month come August. If you guys wanna have a smash fest or 17 I'm super down. I am also VERY rusty but I am always down to play.

I might be returning to Japan for a full-time gig in September but those details are TBD for the moment. What is guaranteed is that I will be back in MI for pretty much all of August (will be available from August 11th~). I'll post more then as things get closer but until that time I'll just mostly be lurking these forums.
you know I'm down for a smashfest. Also congrats on the gig when that happens.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Yooo,

So I am wanting to host a tournament sometime in June (gonna try to make it a monthly or bi-monthly) and It's going to have Brawl and Project M here. It would be awesome if Michigan could travel to this event, so here is my question and follow-up question:

1) Would anyone be interested?
- What date(s) in June would be best?

Thank you :denzel:

W.C.N

Smash Lord
If there is an open date in June someone let me know so I can host something brawl like

W.C.N

Smash Lord
**** move oblivion,
1. Your tourney had brawl only in the headline in the post above you saying your adding pm.
2. It's always a **** move to add an event that already has a main tourney in the same area/state and west MI has had a pm tourney planned for a while now

Oblivion

Smash Journeyman
**** move oblivion,
1. Your tourney had brawl only in the headline in the post above you saying your adding pm.
2. It's always a **** move to add an event that already has a main tourney in the same area/state and west MI has had a pm tourney planned for a while now
1. That link was before I made the change, it's fixed now.
2. If by adding this side event I somehow took away attendance from the real West MI PM tourney then I apologize, but I know that some people on this side of the state would like to see PM, but weren't going to travel over there anyways. And there's no way West MI would decide it's better to come all the way over here for a PM side event then stay there. I think you and Sol both overreacted to me adding a side event to my own tourney...
But if I'm wrong at all then as I said, I apologize.

SoulPech

Smash Master
My only argument is I enjoy both games, but practice PM.

I want to go to MI and play a tourney, hang out with the MI homies, etc.
The problems that arise are the tournaments I have time to go to don't offer PM or if there's a tourney on the same day I'm already hosting or attending something already.

Smash world problems ;~;

Last edited:
Top Bottom