• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Liptonbuddy

Smash Lord
Sure, I'll go to AA. As long as someone can pick me up and ride me back. A squared aint too far away from Warren. No biggie. =P

Man, and I see people talking about "This was the biggest smashfest in MI history!" You guys don't even know the absolute insanity that use to be Wednesdays in my basement. Then SSA1-SSA4 tournament in my basement, then Adam's Midwest Massacre: Elegance Redefined (everyone who came, about 45-50 people I think, had to come in suits and ties)

****, I was even the one who invented Goldfish Canceling. I'll challenge anyone to a Goldfish Cancel. ^_^

MI just has such awesome history.

Roller

Smash Legend
GCing hasn't been mentioned here since like... page 31. lol

And 40+ people showed up to the smashfest the other week. Just sayin'.

EDIT: And the article is online. I'll get it later.

fZk

Smash Lord
The article was really good, I wish someone had mentioned how the smash community and smashfests are open for anybody to come and join in. The article made it sound like this exclusive secret thing, at least they mentioned smashborads.

Liptonbuddy

Smash Lord
And 40+ people showed up to the smashfest the other week. Just sayin'.
Was it for Melee, Brawl, or both? We all know Brawl is for homosexes. =P

Naw, 40+ is a damn good turn out for just a non-tourney smashfest.

Does Anther still play? I heard he switched over to Brawl, and that disappointed me. My friend Tony was the one that trained him in the art of Melee, and I trained Tony, so in a way, I'm kind of responsible for Anther. ^_^

Do the college crews (UofM, MSU, EMU, etc.) hold tournies ever? How are the turnouts? I'd like to read that article myself. Any chance of gettin a link Roller?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Was it for Melee, Brawl, or both? We all know Brawl is for homosexes. =P
It was for both.

Does Anther still play? I heard he switched over to Brawl, and that disappointed me. My friend Tony was the one that trained him in the art of Melee, and I trained Tony, so in a way, I'm kind of responsible for Anther. ^_^
As far as I know, he still plays both games, but he also pretty much never goes to tournaments either.

Liptonbuddy

Smash Lord
at least im not trash at the game i play :bee:
Yeah, I blow large, hairy gorilla ballbag at this game. Always have. =P

I just liked going to out of state tournies and drinking with cool people from all over the country. The New York dudes at FC1 where still the funniest people to drink with. Maybe because we were drinking whiskey in a church...

Also, melee had a whole different meta game when you were so smashed you had double vision. 0_o "Damn, I know this is 1v1, but why are there 4 people on the screen? FFFFFFUUUUUUUUU-"

Good times. ^_^

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Hey Aceplayer, add me! aisight.334 or tony.f.cheng @ gmail.com, whichever you prefer. I'm only plat but I might be able to give you some good games regardless.
As for getting in contact with the team, send an email to umstarcraft @ umich.edu

Liptonbuddy

Smash Lord
So Derric told me there might be smash tonight at John's house. If this happens, I'm down fo sho, son! This time I might even play good, since it won't be the first of the month, and that means me being a hot drunken mess. =P

Well, maybe a little drunk.

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
Ay ill let yall kno. Steve might host and u kno his place a lil better. But if anything, whoever goin with me tomorro should bring sumthn to sleep in and crash at my place

Liptonbuddy

Smash Lord
How did you not know about the tourney, Lipton? >_> you should come.
This is the only thread I check. =P

Soul keeps wanting me to post in the Mario boards, but I don't really have anything to say. I could just make a troll thread, but the mods would probably delete it. Should go on a mega rant about how Mario mains don't use enough down tilt, and then proceed to lie about how it's a good kill move or some ****.

I'd go to the tourney if I had money. Gotta remember...I've been unemployed, broke, and without a car for damn near 3 years now.

Can I pay entry fee in food stamps? ^_^

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
I'd go to the tourney if I had money. Gotta remember...I've been unemployed, broke, and without a car for damn near 3 years now.

Can I pay entry fee in food stamps? ^_^
when we go to the store, you could use your obama buck and we could pay you with the money we would have used
at the store.......genius

Liptonbuddy

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'll hook it up mad nice with them Obama Bucks if people can hook me up with entry fees. Got mad love for MI smashers. Well, melee players. Brawl blows. =P

Liptonbuddy

Smash Lord
Awwww, I can't be mad at Lain, because I remember Joel said you were cool. Joel's a Mexican, so I trust him. I mean, ****...The man can predict Earthquakes! =P

Liptonbuddy

Smash Lord
But seriously though...Brawl blows.

EDIT: Instead of another NoJ OG triple post, figured I'd just make an edit. My pops gave me $10, so I'm covered. For gas money, I'll juist buy the driver some snackies with the $12 left on my food card. =P

So is there actually room for me? Who's car we takin? Then again, I remember going to Flame of Bowser 2 in jv3x3's suv with Dope, NoJ, A Hillz Finest, Phatassesrock, jv3x3, and myself, so I'm used rto smash road trips with no ****ing room whatsoever. =P

Top Bottom