• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
idk why, but ive been thinking about TOing melee tournies in Metro Detroit
there isnt a good chance that ill be able to go to ann arbor tournies
you do that and i will be there......just let me know

sorry Aceplayer i cant get out to AA unless i get a ride to a tourney......no one wants to come get me bro(not even for gas monies) sorry bro

Boxxy

Smash Lord
ATTN: ALL MEMBERS OF THE RBR, THE THREAD FOR DISCUSSING THE **** LIST IS UP. WE NEED UR HELP!

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
No its simple it just has the potential to be a huge headache because of all the factors you must take into account. It becomes WAY easier though if you have a team of people with you however.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
The hardest part of hosting a tournament is finding a place to host it at.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
idk why, but ive been thinking about TOing melee tournies in Metro Detroit
there isnt a good chance that ill be able to go to ann arbor tournies
No offense, but it's impossible to be a successful Melee TO until you're actually part of the Melee community. You should probably worry about solving your issue of transportation to tourneys before anything else, because if nobody has met you at a tourney before, they're not going to attend one that you host.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
The first time I ever met anyone in the Smashboards Melee community was by hosting a tournament, real talk.

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
if the melee scene were bigger id say that would work. But I have to agree with juggle, its a small community. People probably wouldnt go if they dont know you

Aceplayer

Smash Journeyman
I would if it was close. I'm not afraid some big scary guy is going to take advantage of me.

I have my game cube controller to protect me.

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
Haha i think the reason leans more towards people would be hesitant the tourney wouldnt be run as smoothly as theyd like.

Or that he is a big rapist. Either one.

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
Lipton- my WIG, shout outs to an OG, good **** last night. No it wasn captain it was SoCo

Soul- mad hoe-ing u aint come thru last night so we culd get our teams recorded. No johns

Juggleguy-(lipton come to AA where the real smash is) come on bro, u kno da real OG smash is where i am when i aint surround by lames who dont talk. I'll throw yall a lil bone bcuz yall do talk a lil ****, but yall still be mad quiet

SSBM- anyone who has a post that may or may not concern me, let me kno bout it PM. Yall troll so much on here that i cant even read it cuz i dont have the time/care bout smash enuff to read it. I literally went thru the last 5 pages only reading post from soul, juggle, lipton n ace player (cuz he asked bout our smash last night)

Boxxy

Smash Lord
idk like
if he's so broken
why dont we all just get super **** with him
and then go **** nationals
im 100% serious
we could all
help each other
people would be terrified to come here
cuz every single player
uses MK
lmao
a utopia
ya
everyone is
judge level or hgiher
16 MKs
at that level
lmao
also
we would **** teams
2 MKs
their sum
is more than 2 MKs
like MK is broken
but dub MK
is just filthy
mmm
100% MKs
every tournament set
MK dittos
rainbow is a neutral
lmao

LETS DO THIS

**** idea by gio

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
Soul- mad hoe-ing u aint come thru last night so we culd get our teams recorded. No johns
my bad bro it was my fault.... stuff has come up so im in the process of moving with my brother. this week has been really hectic for me dude. Im just praying that they dont tell me to actually move in saturday or i WILL be ****ed

rokimomi

Smash Lord
Ever have one of those nights where the majority of your time, instead of going to homework, goes to planning how and when to do your homework in school the next day? And because it usually works, there's no real discouraging factor against doing it again other than the stress (which I found I can bounce back from like a champ).

College, the death of my dwindling productivity...

Top Bottom