• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Travis - I scouted for venues this past week and already have a few possibilities lined up. I'm just waiting for the school year to start so that building staff will actually be present for me to talk to about reserving the space. Do you guys have a venue at MSU? As soon as I confirm one here, I can post up the thread announcing our coordinated university monthlies!

ATTN: SCOTU

What did you say, or excuse did you use, to reserve the LoLiS venue? I'm guessing I'll have to do the same to get the venue I'm hoping for on central campus. Is there some sort of official gaming club that I can just throw out there as an organization?
I've had my hands tied for the last week and will until sunday, so unless someone else has, then no i haven't been able to actually inquire about the few venues i know about.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Would anyone be interested in weekly/biweekly smashfests in Toledo at my University? Supposedly I can reserve a small/medium meeting room on Saturday/Sunday nights.

As for tourneys, I've still gotta work on that...lmao

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Dan ended up playing Starcraft, and Mark/James were busy being scrubs at UTowers.

Only Gio, Bot, HarmS, and I are true Smashers.

Notra

Smash Ace
Hahah judge does represent MI better in comparison. One multiple levels. The least important one being smash.

@Judge im a troll. And i dont let scrubs past my bridge. He bought himself a harass ticket along time ago. And that ride doesnt finish till he crosses my bridge. Aint happenin.

@Rainier I understand from your point of view. Your not the 100% commit type ever. At least in our experiences. sympathy.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
The Jay-Z/Eminem concert...WAS THE HYPEST ****ING THING IVE EVER BEEN TO!!!!

Omg and now im hungover and have to go to work.

It was so worth it though.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Crosses your bridge? You burned all your bridges ages ago. Don't try to kid yourself.

Also Juggleguy, you're planning on hosting tournaments this term, right? Let me know, I'd likely be interested in TOing Brawl either on the off weeks or along with your tourneys.

Notra

Smash Ace
Crosses your bridge? You burned all your bridges ages ago. Don't try to kid yourself.

Also Juggleguy, you're planning on hosting tournaments this term, right? Let me know, I'd likely be interested in TOing Brawl either on the off weeks or along with your tourneys.
im not talkin about those bridges. i used dynamite on them.

What's The Point

Smash Master
All right, here's my current brawl related weekend plan.

Saturday in East Lansing, mid day around 3-9 can be smash for people in East Lansing (And Gifts). No one is going to travel up to East Lansing so no reason to make it late. I'm expecting fZk, Gifts, some of my friends, then an open invitation to anyone who wants to come.

Since it's labor day and I'll be heading home to Plymouth that Sunday, I can also have smash in Plymouth. So if I feel like it again and people want to, brawlfest in Plymouth on Sunday.

Cinci related, we might need to use a hotel for Friday night. If so, I need money upfront because I don't trust half you guys with money.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Our (UM's and MSU's) tentative plan is to host tourneys on 9/25, 10/23, 11/13, and 12/4. I don't know if we will have room for Brawl on the same day (probably not to be honest), but we've talked about the possibility of having an entire weekend tourney where Melee is on Saturday and Brawl is on Sunday. Or you could do tourneys on the off-weeks like you mentioned.

Does anyone know anyone living in Bursley this year?
The Bursley game lodge is going to be the LAST RESORT on my list of possible venues. Central Campus is much more ideal, and North Quad would be the absolute best because I already have two good TVs sitting here ready to be carried to a classroom nearby. I'm not willing to take time/effort to go home, come back with a car, load two TVs from NQ, and then unload them at Bursley just for a local campus tourney. So I'm focusing on our only obstacle right now, which is how to reserve one of those NQ classrooms for an entire Saturday for free.

What's The Point

Smash Master
I should point out that since you seemed more on the ball, thus putting Jungle more on the ball, I planned to vulture whatever you guys got for Brawl.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Yeah, that's fine... I'm learning that school-year campus tourneys are probably 5x as difficult to manage as summer house tourneys. But it's much easier to recruit potential new players on campus, and since I actually enjoy scouting for venues and organizing tourneys, it'll be rewarding when things finally come together.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Any Smashfests happening in Ann Arbor tomorrow? Maybe at Rofa's? I'll be coming back in the afternoon.

Juggleguy, those dates seem a bit haphazard, could you explain why you chose them? If there's a good reason behind it then setting up Brawl for Sundays would probably work better, but otherwise I'll see about finding a venue for off weeks.

WTP, if I can find a ride I'd be interested in making your smashfest in Plymouth, if you do decide to set one up.

Heh, Notra's a bit too driven by emotions and grudges to be a truly effective troll for the time, but I think it's customary to wish people good luck on foolish endeavors. So uh, good luck, Notra.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Why do those dates seem haphazard? We're trying to do monthlies, or something close to monthlies, and those dates are great off-weeks for both UM and MSU football.
(we actually have people who care about catching big football games!)

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Because I didn't know why they were slowly creeping from the end of the month to the beginning. But yeah, guess Sundays after Melee would be better then.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
My only question mark is the December event. MSU's last day of class is 12/10, and they have exams 12/13-12/17. Under the current tentative plan, MSU will be hosting the 12/4 event, so will that weekend be capable of matching attendance from previous events?

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
im going to take bartending classes next week so i can brush up on my liquors.

@Tech - im 21 so i can drink legally now and tell me what subway you work at so i can make sure i have the right place. hell im drunk now

What's The Point

Smash Master
Reiterating my open invitation to all brawlers, particularly those in the East Lansing area, to come to my house at 429 Lexington Ave tomorrow (Saturday) at around 3 till 8 to play Brawl. My phone number is (734) 751-8043. Call/text me if you intend to come.

Top Bottom