• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

vidjogamer

Smash Master
ours, the GGs, i dont know when it is yet though...

lol, so why am i asking whos going... oh well

who wants us to have one? thats a better question.

jv3x3

Smash Champion
haha, yeah, have one.... nothing really going on in the midwest. so yeah set a date and do it, do it. And toe to toe too (so it will give me something to make fun of bob for for many hours).

Edit: Vidjo next time $6 money match. You win you get your $6, you lose we even. Cool?

vidjogamer

Smash Master
Originally posted by jv3x3
(so it will give me something to make fun of bob for for many hours).

Edit: Vidjo next time $6 money match. You win you get your $6, you lose we even. Cool?

hahahah

anyway, sounds good, but if i win, you give me 12, if i lose we even, thats more fair.

3===D

Smash Lord
**** yeah you *****es better have a tournament oldschool style at Omnis house that would be abd, with big new yorkers.

Drephen

Smash Master
yeah vidjo set a date. And a toe-to-toe would be sweet. Didn't get to compete in the last one. I'm already trying to build up some skillz in central Ohio. But it would be nice if like David Kirk or Vocal showed for a midwest tourney once in a while.

Smash Ace
**** yeah im up for this.

I havent played anyone in the GG in a long time.

I havent played vidjo since...... Davids last smashfest

havent played omni since..... 2 GJ tourneys ago

havent played pyro since.....FC O.o

I need some hot GG action!!

x1372

Smash Ace
If you do another toe to toe crap thing, I don't know if I should even bother being part of it. I suck too much now for lack of practice... but hopefully that will change, given that next week is finals week which is followed by a blissful month of break.

Besides, the only member of the michigan four grand cardinals that I have a winning record over anymore is dope (who I haven't played in a long time). I'm even with JV (excluding young link play) and technically haven't played joel (though I've gotten my *** handed to me in tired friendlies) and well... nar beats my peach.

so sure, you can say MI owns me, its probably true enough. I doubt I'm even in ohio's top 8 anymore... all I can really claim is best young link in the midwest, and that's hardly an accomplishment.

Kofox

Smash Journeyman
Just wondering, but who all from the midwest (or at least in MI in planning on going to MOAST3). Me, nick and chen are probably going to drive and I am pretty sure Eddie is flying there. Andy (AOB) has already bought his tickets I think. I'm just wondering if we want to get some kind of really big *** carpool going, but also it just would be nice to have a list of all people who are going to represent the midwest. It would be nice if we could convince cubed or squared to go as well.

vidjogamer

Smash Master
kofox, i want to go, but as of right now, i am rideless

being 16 years old, and without a job, i cant afford a plane ticket either...

if ohio wasnt so far out of the way, id ask for a ride, but .. meh...

but yeah, i plan on attending.. so you can add me to the "midwest players attending moast" list

vidjogamer

Smash Master
unfortunately bob, everyone in ohio seems to be getting worse, or quitting, first atma quit, then vocal technically quit, v moved away, and smog "quit".... kirk might have quit..... ****... all that makes me want to quit...
actually, we owe so much to drew and his crew (i know drew the best out of you guys... hope you dont mind that i refer to it as his crew)
really, though, if it werent for you guys, my doubts on this state would be so high... i probably would have quit..., seriously though, drew and anuj, and oosh(even though he doesnt really go to tournies) you guys are awesome and well, its nice to see someone actually travel to tournies..

but bob, i think you are still in it, while our overall state skill has dwindled, few of us manage to get better, good job guy

but uh.. i was kind of rambling.... Bob, what are you doing this weekend? would you like to smash??

and despite all that, i think we can still kick michigans *** in a crew battle!!!!!!!

here are people i think should be in it .. whether they play, or are going or what..........

vocal
pyro
drew
smog
vidjo (me)
omni
bob
kirk
ameer

wow, thats a pretty big list, we might need to kick some people out, also, i need to get to play everyone in central/southern ohio again(or for the first time)

vidjogamer

Smash Master
well, i havent played him much, so i cant really include him, so yeah, you guys would know more than me

we really all need to get together and decide the top 8 or 5 or whetever we decide to do for toe to toe 2

so everyone practice up and be ready to show off your skillz

jv3x3

Smash Champion
Kofox, i am interested in carpooling with you guys.

Seems like alot of midwest reps will be at moast, good stuff.

Liptonbuddy

Smash Lord
Originally posted by AnujSuper9
Yeah dude, seriously, you can't forget about Drew's partner Joe. He's freaking amazing. He doesn't post on the boards or really talk that much, so he gets forgotten a lot, but he's really really good.
Was he the HRC guy?

EDITZZZZZZ:::::: Oh yeah, Kozzy #1 in OH.

Drephen

Smash Master
now named big OH discussion

yeah vidjo, me and the crew have been wanting to make a trip to visit the GG. So whenever your free over break we would like to go up there. Lets practice up to make Ohio the dominant smashing state again. Also, 1337 and whoever else is still living in Soho need to get their ***** in gear. Vocal should be on break so school isn't an excuse for him(I would really like to see him again). Man, all we need is just an all out Ohio Smashfest.

Smash Ace
as far as i know SoHo is down to 4(maybe 5) people

me,kirk,nova,sheep.

SoHo has gotten alot better within the past few months behind everyones back:p .

What about Nnamdi(im 100% sure i misspelled that)? I think he might be in the top 3 in Ohio.

also if there was a smashfest in Ohio it would have to be in Central Ohio, i dont think im up for a long *** drive to Northern Ohio. Also if this thing gets off the ground could we make it a 2Day smashfest?

Electricmouse

Smash Ace
You trying to be more organized than us (The Great State of Texas)?

So thats why you came down for the summer. You were a spy <_<

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Re: Re: now named big OH discussion

Originally posted by AnujSuper9

I'm working on that too. Dunno how well I can contribute to making Ohio the most dominant Smasher state again...
Again?

Oh, and as for MOAST, if we go, it'd be via bus (driving = overrated) since we enjoyed our NY trip. But right now I think we're still financially catching up from MLG Finals and the latest MI trip, so I wouldn't count on any Kishes. On the other hand, Joshu has been making noise about going to MOAST3 for awhile. Guess it's still on the back burner as a possibility...

I wish Indiana had other good players so we could be considered a state instead of a crew...

vidjogamer

Smash Master
oh yeah! i remember!

how about in 2 weeks, you guys all come here, stay the night, we'll order some pizza or something, and we can have just a huge *** smashfest

me
pyro
omni
kozz
gaia
atma
sexy
</gamers>
bob
drew
joe
kyle
anuj
ameer
kirk
oosh?
vocal?

and whoever else, that would be sweet
we could get our **** together and make a "best in state list" to see who we have on the toe to toe challenge

Smash Ace
also if there was a smashfest in Ohio it would have to be in Central Ohio, i dont think im up for a long *** drive to Northern Ohio. Also if this thing gets off the ground could we make it a 2Day smashfest?
what he said

also vidjo you forgot about Jeff

did no one read my last post O_o

vidjogamer

Smash Master
leet, i read it , i just ignored it, we always travel down there, let us host something for once,

and jeff? well, i assumed he wouldnt be able to get away from the family that long, but it would be great if he could come

3===D

Smash Lord
Its wierd how this has turned into the "OHIO" Disscussion topic, sheeit that just goes to show how MI rules the midwest.

Justin screw your maple story my *** has become a ghost from playing Worlds of Warcraft so much, in fact im not sure if i actually exist anymore.

jv3x3

Smash Champion
Are we smashing today???

Kofox, let me know if i can carpool with you guys. Ill drive out to chicago or whatnot obviously to meet up.

Adam, whats up with BJJ?? Also, did you say there were open mats after? We should stay and practice some... Also, where did you hear this was the best place in MI?

Raph

Smash Cadet
I will smoke every **** Michigan and Ohio smash player there is. I am the best. I do like the wolverines though. They my favorite college team in every sport. Hooray! Michigan just sucks at smash is all!

Liptonbuddy

Smash Lord
No smash today. I'm going through slight morphine withdrawl, and I just want to take hot showers and cuddle in wearm blankets all day. ^^

I do this thing where I ****in put my blanket in the dryer for like 5 minutes, and it comes out super toasty. It's friggin sweet.

Top Bottom